Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't have a link (please remove this if it is not allowed) --Didn't a minister do an interview asking the public for clothes, food and gift cards to help grandma care for the boys? unless they removed them after they found Mariah's body.

Yes, IIRC, that was on Dec. 1st.

I'm still questioning the timeline. I think if LE was able to put EK and KW with his family Sunday, they wouldn't have needed others to come forward to corroborate. I think the neighbor who reportedly saw something being carried out that night may have hypothesized that it was Mariah but could have just as easily been evidence that needed to be disposed of (whether related to Mariah or previously stolen property he couldn't be caught with when LE showed up the next morning. I think something happened much earlier. Still trying to figure how the dressers fit into all this, too. Only 6 hours to kill a precious little girl, cleanup, drive 25 minutes from home to dump her, drive back 25 minutes, then stop and load up a couple of dressers before going home and staging it to look like an abduction. Whew! Even tighter if we go with the original 11-3:30 timeline. Wonder if he stopped to eat or gas up? Wonder if he had help? MOO

so right here. ugh. that's awful. he easily could have put her in at the Holland's shelter restaurant if the river flows that direction. of course dropping off the bridge is possible, although with the guardrail there is no place to pull over right next to the creek. if he dropped her from the bridge he had to carry her a bit, but not too far.
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.612...4!1sJ8AigBLa2vkjWWCJ-bo3Yg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
WRAL Reporter is posting a video of the creek where Mariah's body was found.

https://twitter.com/alamb/status/937794046248046592

Coud he have tossed her over that bridge in the video? Doesn't strike me as the type to hike into the woods in the dark. MOO

I don't know how easy it is to get close to the creek with a vehicle. Maybe they were concentrating on points where it met the highway.

And no doubt the defense attorney is making notes as he listens :facepalm:

I may be in the minority but I am not fond of NG. I tuned in just for this, first time in years, annnnd she's asking bio Dad questions, and making suggestions, that she really shouldn't be, so fixing to shut her off.

Coud he have tossed her over that bridge in the video? Doesn't strike me as the type to hike into the woods in the dark. MOO

That is my guess, too. IMO someone was told that he tossed her off a bridge, but not which one and that is why they were looking at the one closer to home.

Have to wonder if she was weighted down with anything.

I totally agree with you, except for that last sentence. There is a big difference between a child sexual predator and someone who intentionally or accidentally killed a child. Rehab on sex offenders is still up in there, it's such a politicized issue that it's near impossible to get research dollars to really study the problem and see if there are avenues of therapy that would work. I happen to believe sex offenders can be rehabbed (well, all but the most pathological) but we'll never know what works because of people's knee jerk reactions and the politicians using the issue to get votes. A killer on the other hand is not likely to kill another child, especially if the death occurred as the result of an accident but again, people have such a knee jerk reaction to it and a visceral hatred that politicians (judges included) know handing down the stiffest penalty will earn them points in the voting booth. I realize I'm in the super minority here but I simply can't throw someone away, it's not a part of my personal moral code.

Someone who has done those things has destroyed the life of their victims and those that love them or are impacted by them. For many victims and friends and family, it is a life sentence.

If you drive drunk and hit a tree and get paralyzed, you do not get a do over. If you abuse a child, you have impacted them for life. So, too bad for the perp is how I feel.

I listened to the latest NG with AW. AW started to speak about what he heard during speakerphone with the father (Vance) of KW.
Heather (gf of AW) gave the details before he could say much.
Heather said that Mariah started crying and KW told EK to take care of it. One of them hit Mariah and they were not sure if she was dead but KW told EK get rid of her or dispose of her or they would all be in trouble.
Later conversation with Heather brings up how KW and EK were saying one of the brothers was the cause of the death and that this was heard via LE
NG asked AW what Mariah was like...he said carefree,loved to dance,loved music, and T.V. Loved to eat,was always smiling,loved to laugh and was peaceful and was daddy's princess. IMO

I believe the place they found her was not right near the main road, but off some dirt access road. That's just the impression I got from the bits of info given when they were searching the area in Pender county.

Someone who has done those things has destroyed the life of their victims and those that love them or are impacted by them. For many victims and friends and family, it is a life sentence.

If you drive drunk and hit a tree and get paralyzed, you do not get a do over. If you abuse a child, you have impacted them for life. So, too bad for the perp is how I feel.

I respectfully disagree. If we put more resources into giving the victims of abuse the therapy and support they need in the early years and we eschew the "victim" mentality then those abused would not have to live with them impact of their abuse. Abuse victims can be survivors and can go on to leading fulfilling lives, IF they have the support they need. The lynch mob mentality helps no one and it does nothing to address the problems that lead to abuse in the first place. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname