Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best site to look up arrest/court records in NC for free?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree with u on MW's body language and mom
Being totally Oblivious. Also agree with: "That is to say she treated only-just-3-years-old Mariah as knowing the needs of those around her" -- developmentally inappropriate expectations are a mistake made by so many parents, and is often the basis for punishment/abuse [emoji35]
Re: the hairbow, believe I've seen another pic of Mariah alone on that same day with the pink bow on her head. LooksLike a bow from a present and I assume MW stuck it on her own head to be silly.

Also, neglectful parents often brag about the maturity of their small children, "she can make her own breakfast", "he can run the washer and dryer all by himself", and so forth. MOO

I'd been wondering also if she wasn't at least wrapped in something?
Or just dumped?
The thought of her little body all alone in he cold, dark...ugh.

NGrace said on her last podcast that Mariah was found "face down" :(

I feel for the poor diver who found her -- being elated and relieved at finally finding her; then being equally distressed by what (s)he has just found.
That's got to be tough to do.
How does NG get these details? Contacts/Inside information?

Good morning all! Was hoping for more news this morning when i woke up but nothing :( #justiceformariah

I agree, why in the world would she have chosen this pic to post to FB? When I first saw it, my thoughts were that it wasn't about how Mariah looked, it was more about how good KW looked (at least in her mind). Most parents would post a more suitable pic showing their child at their best, given that this was MARIAH'S day. I also wondered if the little doll was the gift from KW and EK, I got the impression from the video of her in the little pink Jeep that it may have come from the grandparents. MOO

(sbm for focus)

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw that photo, and when I saw the facebook logo in the coner, I couldn't believe she had actually posted that to FB, with how unhappy Mariah looked.

tbh, when I first saw it several days ago, before the CPS document leak...
I was reading into that photo: a tired, cranky Mariah was refusing to pose with the new doll, for EK to to take a pic... and EK was beginning to get angry, so KHW jumped in, to appease hothead EK and avoid a DV incident.

But after the info that has come out recently... now I don't know what to think!

And 5 year old Paitin Fields, not far from where Mariah lived. IMO, that home should've had regular checks, too.

Yes it does thank you. Two dead three year olds back to back. Sherin Mathews, Mariah Woods.
Nuff Said.

Also, neglectful parents often brag about the maturity of their small children, "she can make her own breakfast", "he can run the washer and dryer all by himself", and so forth. MOO

Ummmm, I said that about my kids a long time ago and they have a healthy environment. My kids at the age of 3 were helping me with laundry and sorting out colors and putting dishes in the dishwasher. I still brag when my teen and college kid clean up after themselves! My motto was helping mom out :)

O/T: I hope all of our CA sleuths are safe and well considering the fires.

gitana (I don't know if we've seen you around here today) & everyone else I hope you are all safe. I'm checking the thread for check-ins.

(sbm for focus)

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw that photo, and when I saw the facebook logo in the coner, I couldn't believe she had actually posted that to FB, with how unhappy Mariah looked.

tbh, when I first saw it several days ago, before the CPS document leak...
I was reading into that photo: a tired, cranky Mariah was refusing to pose with the new doll, for EK to to take a pic... and EK was beginning to get angry, so KHW jumped in, to appease hothead EK and avoid a DV incident.

But after the info that has come out recently... now I don't know what to think!

She was halfheartedly feeding the doll in another pic. I don't see the mom feeding the doll in this pic, it looks like she's come in to give a hug, for the camera, and Mariah has let her hand drop (see the blur), mom's used her finger to hold the bottle up, to keep it from falling. Mariah looks unhappy, sad even, to me, wanting no part of the hug. Just my take.

Praying for strength for AW and the boys today and in the days to come. I can't even pretend to imagine what they are going through. #JusticeforMariah

Oh no, here I go again. I hope this hasn't been addressed 12 times because I, too, cannot devote too much time to this today.

This is an interesting point. Fwiw, iirc from personal experience, in Onslow County they refer to the department to which one would report concerns of child neglect etc as DCFS, the department of child and family services, I believe. It wasn't until I moved out of state that I heard CPS as a term for the department one would call Child Protective Services.
I'm not sure I understand your reply.

The article I quoted said: Daily News reporter Amanda Thames confirmed her information came from the Certification Practice Statement documents AW presented. I'm not asking what CPS means, I was querying why the article didn't say the information came from Child Protective Services documents.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone...
I've been lagging one thread behind for the longest time, but finally all caught up now, and can post. whew!
But where I am, it's bedtime, so when I wake up, I will have to catch up all over again!
Hope there will be good news to wake up to.
:praying:

I agree, why in the world would she have chosen this pic to post to FB? When I first saw it, my thoughts were that it wasn't about how Mariah looked, it was more about how good KW looked (at least in her mind). Most parents would post a more suitable pic showing their child at their best, given that this was MARIAH'S day. I also wondered if the little doll was the gift from KW and EK, I got the impression from the video of her in the little pink Jeep that it may have come from the grandparents. MOO
I don't believe she was paying any attention to how her child looked. She's one of those people who focuses on how she looks in a photo, and if she thinks it's a flattering photo of herself, up it goes. Just another way that her child was not on her radar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wow, mine could wash their own clothes, make their beds, and fix themselves a basic grilled cheese, by the time they were around seven or eight I've been teaching my eldest grandchild, to make their own grilled cheese sandwiches, when they come to stay. I had never boiled water or run a washer/dryer, when I skipped out (I could wrestle & ride a calf, plunge a pill down its throat, and milk a cow, though):happydance:. My spouse could bake cakes, by the time he was about 9-10, and would fix lunch for his Mom, during the summer. She worked across the street, and she'd come home at lunch to check on him. I started teaching mine young in case something happened to me (bio Dad sure wasn't going to teach them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77