Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that some parents have difficulty with their child having a disability and don't want to discuss it with other people, but do still love their child regardless. Whether they have photos displayed all over their house is up to them i guess.
Not anything to do with the Mathews though because they are in prison for criminal acts.

Not too far back in history we have the example of Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany. As eldest son he was in line to inherit power. However, he was born with a birth defect (apparently an accident of birth--severing ligaments so that one arm did not function properly and the muscles atrophied as he grew), which was not only regarded as a mark of shame on his family, but also a blot on the royal line (at that point Victoria had managed to get her children married into all the crown families of Europe). Apparently the family went through a lot of chicanery to ensure that all portraits camouflaged the defect through angles and poses. But they also employed some really horrendous "cures" such as laying on of fresh animal hearts to boost "healing," and hours spent in an iron device intended to prevent the neck and spine from curving towards the weak side.

I just note this as all of this was carried out by presumably sane and caring people (parents and others) of another century not too far removed from ours.

I don't suggest that anything in relation to Sherin's abuse derived from sanity or caring and responsible adults. Nor do I think the lack of portraits on display had anything to do with her eye. Just to point out that we (Westerners of this century) are not all that far removed from the kind of thinking that in India plays out as rejection of disabled (or differently abled) persons. It is only in my lifetime (and I'm not that old) that the ADA has brought about some parity for many in the workplace.

My older brother had CP and several other issues. He was bullied by kids and eventually sexually-abused by one kid for years. That was in the 1970s. My parents did the best they could for him and never put him in a closet. My dad and mom had VERY different coping skills however and they are pretty normal people. My dad did not talk much about him to others but he was always a very private man. Mom tried to get sexual abuser arrested.

There were fewer pictures of him younger than age 4 because he only would look out of one eye at the camera until he had eye surgery.

OT: My brother is dead now (RIP bro [emoji173]) but I do know that I am forever wired to jump in and defend anyone I think is being bullied. I will always be protecting my brother... [emoji20]

Oh my gosh, Watergirl62, my heart is broken for you...

Reading now about the loss of your brother, after finding out about the loss of your teen age son on Mariah's thread.

So very sorry you've gone through so much! Please accept my deepest condolences.

Thank you again so much for using your tragic losses to be here to help others, and to defend anyone being bullied.

That truly IS the epitome of genuine goodness and compassion...

Not too far back in history we have the example of Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany. As eldest son he was in line to inherit power. However, he was born with a birth defect (apparently an accident of birth--severing ligaments so that one arm did not function properly and the muscles atrophied as he grew), which was not only regarded as a mark of shame on his family, but also a blot on the royal line (at that point Victoria had managed to get her children married into all the crown families of Europe). Apparently the family went through a lot of chicanery to ensure that all portraits camouflaged the defect through angles and poses. But they also employed some really horrendous "cures" such as laying on of fresh animal hearts to boost "healing," and hours spent in an iron device intended to prevent the neck and spine from curving towards the weak side.

I just note this as all of this was carried out by presumably sane and caring people (parents and others) of another century not too far removed from ours.

I don't suggest that anything in relation to Sherin's abuse derived from sanity or caring and responsible adults. Nor do I think the lack of portraits on display had anything to do with her eye. Just to point out that we (Westerners of this century) are not all that far removed from the kind of thinking that in India plays out as rejection of disabled (or differently abled) persons. It is only in my lifetime (and I'm not that old) that the ADA has brought about some parity for many in the workplace.
Will you be my mummy, Margo? You're so amazing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My older brother had CP and several other issues. He was bullied by kids and eventually sexually-abused by one kid for years. That was in the 1970s. My parents did the best they could for him and never put him in a closet. My dad and mom had VERY different coping skills however and they are pretty normal people. My dad did not talk much about him to others but he was always a very private man. Mom tried to get sexual abuser arrested.

There were fewer pictures of him younger than age 4 because he only would look out of one eye at the camera until he had eye surgery.

OT: My brother is dead now (RIP bro [emoji173]) but I do know that I am forever wired to jump in and defend anyone I think is being bullied. I will always be protecting my brother... [emoji20]

Thank you thank you thank you!

There are calorie enhancers that come in a powder form. We used one for a period of time with Katie. Some are silky like in texture and mix well in beverages or disappear when sprinkled on food, others not so much they can lump and thicken the liquid especially if they are left for an extended period of time. They could have added some of this to her milk and after the hours long battle the milk was more like lump gravy. I would prefer this be the case and it is a possibility but I fear it was not.

Agree, this goes far beyond any 'milk' technicalities. Even if she truly choked on her 'milk' - be it from coagulated lumps or sobbing/ gasping or c) all of the above - the 'milk' was the flapping of the butterfly wings, not the tornado.

O/T: I don't know if any of the sleuths here are CA based, but if so, I hope you are safe and away from the wildfires. I am continually checking for check-in's from all of our CA sleuths in the wildfires thread. I'm trying to stay in as much contact as possible with a friend and her family that are in Santa Barbara (they are now on the move as it's getting too close and her sister-in-law's family home did not fair well in VC). I'm praying for anyone nearby and anyone who has family in CA. :heartbeat:

I am in L.A. at the moment and it is a bit terrifying with the fires burning all around me. I have several friends who have had to evacuate. It seems that every few hours there is a new fire. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

I am in L.A. at the moment and it is a bit terrifying with the fires burning all around me. I have several friends who have had to evacuate. It seems that every few hours there is a new fire. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

:heartbeat: I hope it calms down for you all soon.

Just popping in to say how much I hate WM and SM. Please continue with your conversation now.

Agree, this goes far beyond any 'milk' technicalities. Even if she truly choked on her 'milk' - be it from coagulated lumps or sobbing/ gasping or c) all of the above - the 'milk' was the flapping of the butterfly wings, not the tornado.

Exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The police, meanwhile, shared new details about the toddler’s death, stating that her foster father bundled her "stiff and cold" body in the back of his car with a bag of trash and hid her corpse in the culvert. He then turned off the GPS on his phone to hide his location.

The police have recovered some of Sherin’s clothes from the trash can. The clothes have stains on them, which are being investigated.

Wesley Mathews has told the police he held Sherin as she died and the police have stated that he tried to warm her up before dumping her body.

An investigator told the court that she did not see many pictures of Sherin in her foster parents’ home, whereas there were many pictures of Wesleys’ biological daughter.
Explaining why, their attorney Rafael De La Garza told the media in a shocking statement that this was so because Sherin was ‘disfigured.’ “You're not going to post an unflattering picture of the child for everybody to see,” he told the media.

http://www.timesnownews.com/interna...-parents-home-since-she-was-disfigured/141301

Wonder what those stains are that were found on the child's clothes?

I have felt from the start this story cannot be true. I truly think Sherin was deceased when they returned from eating and everything else is made up. I know many disagree but to me it's the only scenario that makes sense.

Just popping in to say how much I hate WM and SM. Please continue with your conversation now.

I second that emotion - I hate them too! I stand by my earlier post that IMO Sini and Wesley thought of Sherin as somehow "lesser" and as each day passes more evidence supporting that opinion comes out.

It's as if Sherin was their Cinderella - there to be a playmate for their bio daughter but not "perfect" enough for her pictures to grace their walls, to be beaten to the point that her little bones broke. Had she lived it wouldn't be surprising if they ended up using her as cheap labor to cook and clean too. All MOO, based on the wretched details we're hearing. What a nightmare Sherin lived!

I try to stay somewhat detached from the cases I follow in order to keep my sanity, but man, sometimes it's really hard! :grouphug: to you all!

I second that emotion - I hate them too! I stand by my earlier post that IMO Sini and Wesley thought of Sherin as somehow "lesser" and as each day passes more evidence supporting that opinion comes out.

It's as if Sherin was their Cinderella - there to be a playmate for their bio daughter but not "perfect" enough for her pictures to grace their walls, to be beaten to the point that her little bones broke. Had she lived it wouldn't be surprising if they ended up using her as cheap labor to cook and clean too. All MOO, based on the wretched details we're hearing. What a nightmare Sherin lived!

I try to stay somewhat detached from the cases I follow in order to keep my sanity, but man, sometimes it's really hard! :grouphug: to you all!
I hate them but am trying so hard to understand their actions. I just can't.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Get to heck out of there. I just checked as I have several friends in that area....now spreading to San Diego county as well. This is of biblical proportions. Stay safe - get out! Sending prayers to all in So.Cali.

The police, meanwhile, shared new details about the toddler’s death, stating that her foster father bundled her "stiff and cold" body in the back of his car with a bag of trash and hid her corpse in the culvert. He then turned off the GPS on his phone to hide his location.

The police have recovered some of Sherin’s clothes from the trash can. The clothes have stains on them, which are being investigated.

Wesley Mathews has told the police he held Sherin as she died and the police have stated that he tried to warm her up before dumping her body.

An investigator told the court that she did not see many pictures of Sherin in her foster parents’ home, whereas there were many pictures of Wesleys’ biological daughter.
Explaining why, their attorney Rafael De La Garza told the media in a shocking statement that this was so because Sherin was ‘disfigured.’ “You're not going to post an unflattering picture of the child for everybody to see,” he told the media.

http://www.timesnownews.com/interna...-parents-home-since-she-was-disfigured/141301

BBM

did you remember telling police while you held her she grew cold and stiff around 3:30am on 10/7?" "do you remember saying you felt her spirit leave as she was laying on your shoulder?" WM: "plead the 5th"
BBM

That phrase, ”she grew cold and stiff” haunts me. I know several have associated it with rigor mortis which can begin within 2 hours of death but that hasn’t clicked with me. Tonight as I was trying to unwind it hit me. Posturing.

Abnormal posturing is an involuntary flexion or extension of the arms and legs, indicating severe brain injury. It occurs when one set of muscles becomes incapacitated while the opposing set is not, and an external stimulus such as pain causes the working set of muscles to contract.[SUP][1][/SUP] The posturing may also occur without a stimulus.[SUP][2] [/SUP]Since posturing is an important indicator of the amount of damage that has occurred to the brain, it is used by medical professionals to measure the severity of a coma with the Glasgow Coma Scale (for adults) and the Pediatric Glasgow Coma Scale (for infants).
The
Posturing can occur minutes to hours before death. There are 3 main types.
attachment.php

[FONT=&amp]Three types of abnormal posturing are [/FONT]decorticate posturing, with the arms flexed over the chest; decerebrate posturing, with the arms extended at the sides; and opisthotonus, in which the head and back are arched backward.DecorticateEdit

[FONT=&amp]Decorticate posturing, with elbows, wrists and fingers flexed, and legs extended and rotated inward

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Decorticate posturing is also called decorticate response, decorticate rigidity, flexor posturing, or, colloquially, mummy baby.[SUP][11][/SUP] Patients with decorticate posturing present with the arms flexed, or bent inward on the chest, the hands are clenched into fists, and the legs extended and feet turned inward. A person displaying decorticate posturing in response to pain gets a score of three in the motor section of the Glasgow Coma Scale, due to the flexion of muscles due to the neuro-muscular response to the trauma.[SUP][12][/SUP][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]There are two parts to decorticate posturing.[/FONT]

• The first is the disinhibition of the red nucleus with facilitation of the rubrospinal tract. The rubrospinal tract facilitates motor neurons in the cervical spinal cord supplying the flexor muscles of the upper extremities. The rubrospinal tract and medullary reticulospinal tractbiased flexion outweighs the medial and lateral vestibulospinal and pontine reticulospinal tract biased extension in the upper extremities.
  • The second component of decorticate posturing is the disruption of the lateral corticospinal tract which facilitates motor neurons in the lower spinal cord supplying flexor muscles of the lower extremities. Since the corticospinal tract is interrupted, the pontine reticulospinal and the medial and lateral vestibulospinal biased extension tracts greatly overwhelm the medullary reticulospinal biased flexion tract.
[FONT=&amp]The effects on these two tracts (corticospinal and rubrospinal) by lesions above the red nucleus is what leads to the characteristic flexion posturing of the upper extremities and extensor posturing of the lower extremities.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Decorticate posturing indicates that there may be damage to areas including the cerebral hemispheres, the internal capsule, and the thalamus.[SUP][13][/SUP] It may also indicate damage to the midbrain. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]While decorticate posturing is still an ominous sign of severe brain damage,[/FONT][FONT=&amp] decerebrate posturing is usually indicative of more severe damage at the rubrospinal tract, and hence, the red nucleus is also involved, indicating a lesion lower in the brainstem.[/FONT]

Decerebrate

[FONT=&amp]Decerebrate rigidity or abnormal extensor posturing.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Decerebrate posturing is also called decerebrate response, decerebrate rigidity, or extensor posturing. It describes the involuntary extension of the upper extremities in response to external stimuli. In decerebrate posturing, the head is arched back, the arms are extended by the sides, and the legs are extended.[SUP][6][/SUP] A hallmark of decerebrate posturing is extended elbows.[SUP][13][/SUP] The arms and legs are extended and rotated internally.[SUP][14][/SUP]The patient is rigid, with the teeth clenched.[SUP][14][/SUP] The signs can be on just one side of the body or on both sides, and it may be just in the arms and may be intermittent.[SUP][14][/SUP][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A person displaying decerebrate posturing in response to pain gets a score of two in the motor section of the Glasgow Coma Scale (for adults) and the Pediatric Glasgow Coma Scale (for infants), due to his or her muscles extending because of the neuro-muscular response to the trauma.[SUP][12][/SUP][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Decerebrate posturing indicates brain stem damage, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]specifically damage below the level of the red nucleus (e.g. mid-collicular lesion). It is exhibited by people with lesions or compression in the midbrain and lesions in the cerebellum.[SUP][13][/SUP] Decerebrate posturing is commonly seen in pontine strokes. A patient with decorticate posturing may begin to show decerebrate posturing, or may go from one form of posturing to the other.[SUP][1][/SUP] Progression from decorticate posturing to decerebrate posturing is often indicative of uncal (transtentorial) or tonsilar brain herniation. Activation of gamma motor neurons is thought to be important in decerebrate rigidity due to studies in animals showing that dorsal root transection eliminates decerebrate rigidity symptoms.[SUP][15][/SUP][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In competitive contact sports, posturing (typically of the forearms) can occur with an impact to the head and is termed the fencing response. In this case, the temporary posturing display indicates transient disruption of brain neurochemicals, which wanes within seconds.[/FONT]

Decorticate can occur with hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) from choking but it is uncommon. However is is not uncommon to have vomiting from the traumatic brain injury that causes posturing that results in severe aspiration (inhaling the vomit)

[FONT=&amp]Normally people displaying decerebrate or decorticate posturing are in a [/FONT]coma[FONT=&amp] and have poor [/FONT]prognoses[FONT=&amp], with risks for [/FONT]cardiac arrhythmia [FONT=&amp]or [/FONT]arrest[FONT=&amp] and [/FONT]respiratory failure[FONT=&amp].[/FONT][SUP][14][/SUP]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormal_posturing

I go back to my theory just after last weeks custody hearing that Sherin suffered a severe brain injury probably with a skull fracture as early as Wednesday evening. She stayed home from pre-school on Thursday that we know for sure and was vomiting. As her brain continued to swell she became sicker, until passing away sometime the evening or night before they reported her missing. After Sherin’s prior fractures had been identified they just could not risk getting her medical care. So they waited thinking perhaps she would get better and no one would ever know. WM speaks of her breathing slowing. And I believe that was possibly Cheyne-Stokes breathing that often comes just before death. I am more convinced than ever that Sherin’s cause of death was a head injury. JMHO

Cheyne–Stokes respiration /ˈtʃeɪnˈstoʊks/ is an abnormal pattern of breathing characterized by progressively deeper, and sometimes faster, breathing followed by a gradual decrease that results in a temporary stop in breathing called an apnea. The pattern repeats, with each cycle usually taking 30 seconds to 2 minutes.[SUP][1][/SUP] It is an oscillation of ventilation between apnea and hyperpnea with a crescendo-diminuendo pattern, and is associated with changing serum partial pressures of oxygen and carbon dioxide.[SUP][2][/SUP]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyne–Stokes_respiration

Attachments

• 9C5B2ACF-D8D4-4641-8FDA-4A14ACC277F0.jpeg
    9C5B2ACF-D8D4-4641-8FDA-4A14ACC277F0.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 660

Stay safe citigirl, we are following closely and posting resources/updates regularly here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...odes-to-31-000-Acres-150-Structures-Destroyed

Omggg...

Where was this trash can? And where is the store referenced earlier? Tia.

BBM

BBM

That phrase, ”she grew cold and stiff” haunts me. I know several have associated it with rigor mortis which can begin within 2 hours of death but that hasn’t clicked with me. Tonight as I was trying to unwind it hit me. Posturing.

The
attachment.php

Decorticate can occur with hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) from choking but it is uncommon. However is is not uncommon to have vomiting from the traumatic brain injury that causes posturing that results in severe aspiration (inhaling the vomit)

I go back to my theory just after last weeks custody hearing that Sherin suffered a severe brain injury probably with a skull fracture as early as Wednesday evening. She stayed home from pre-school on Thursday that we know for sure and was vomiting. As her brain continued to swell she became sicker, until passing away sometime the evening or night before they reported her missing. After Sherin’s prior fractures had been identified they just could not risk getting her medical care. So they waited thinking perhaps she would get better and no one would ever know. WM speaks of her breathing slowing. And I believe that ws possibly Cheyne-Stokes breathing that often comes just before death. I am more coninced than ever that Sherin’s cause of death was a head injury. JMHO

Oh my gosh ! I should have known it was you , grouchy mom ! You are amazing ! And with that explanation , I am going to be sick ... not just at heart . Physically . The reports need to come back soon ! We are all sitting on our hands on the edge of our chairs ...

Oh my gosh ! I should have known it was you , grouchy mom ! You are amazing ! And with that explanation , I am going to be sick ... not just at heart . Physically . The reports need to come back soon ! We are all sitting on our hands on the edge of our chairs ...

Thank you but it bothers me that sometimes it takes longer than I would like to access the border files in my head. It has been many decades since my days in nursing school. That is why I keep most of my hoader files in the could these days (I just hope I don’t forget passwords LOL )

BBM

BBM

The
attachment.php

I go back to my theory just after last weeks custody hearing that Sherin suffered a severe brain injury probably with a skull fracture as early as Wednesday evening. She stayed home from pre-school on Thursday that we know for sure and was vomiting. As her brain continued to swell she became sicker, until passing away sometime the evening or night before they reported her missing. After Sherin’s prior fractures had been identified they just could not risk getting her medical care. So they waited thinking perhaps she would get better and no one would ever know. WM speaks of her breathing slowing. And I believe that was possibly Cheyne-Stokes breathing that often comes just before death. I am more convinced than ever that Sherin’s cause of death was a head injury. JMHO

I think this is a really good possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member