AL AL - Traci Pittman Kegley, 30, Elmore County, 26 April 1998

2sisters

Reaction score
Kegley was last seen at the BP gasoline station near the intersection of northbound Highway 231 and Redland Road in Elmore County, Alabama during the afternoon hours of April 26, 1998. Her Geo Storm was discovered abandoned along Old Georgia Road, a secluded road in Wetumpka, Alabama, the following morning. Kegley's two-year-old daughter had been left unattended inside the car. Kegley's personal belongings, including her purse and identification, were recovered at the scene. She has never been heard from again.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/k/kegley_traci.html
How awful , I am glad her daughter was not harmed though.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com.../20070723/NEWS/707230313/-1/COMMUNITIES010201

LAKE JORDAN -- A property owner in the Titus area made a grisly discovery Sunday morning when he found human remains bound in a tarp and buried in a shallow grave.

The man, who isn't a suspect in the case, called the authorities about 10 a.m., said Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin.

"We haven't been able to ascertain the race, sex or how long the remains have been there," Franklin said. "But they have obviously been there for a long time. Once it was confirmed that there was remains, we stopped what we were doing and contacted forensics. We wanted to preserve any evidence that may be inside the tarp."

Franklin realizes people may jump to the conclusion that the remains are those of Tracy Kegley, an Elmore County woman who was reported missing almost 10 years ago. Her car was found in April 1998 on the side of Old Georgia Road north of Wetumpka with her young child inside. The child was unharmed

Sorry, looks like that was an older article - from July...
Here was an update to that article..

I can't find any other updates after this...

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=6834547&nav=0RdE

Families Await Identification On Body Found In Elmore County

July 24, 2007 07:33 PM EDT

30-year old Tracey Kegley vanished some 10 years ago but there is growing evidence the skeleton found in a shallow grave on the eastern side of Lake Jordan is not her.

"Some things have come out that would indicate it's not her," said Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin.

So who is it?

"I don't know," Franklin said.

With that in mind, Elmore, Coosa, and Montgomery Counties have taken a keen interest in the case because those counties have missing females. The sheriff says they are fairly certain the remains are those of a female, average height but it's still unclear how old she was. The skeleton was covered with 3 inches of lime and early indications are the body had been there for at least 5 years.

The identity will eventually come. The more difficult challenge will be to figure out who killed her and why.

30-year old Tracey Kegley vanished some 10 years ago but there is growing evidence the skeleton found in a shallow grave on the eastern side of Lake Jordan is not her.

"Some things have come out that would indicate it's not her," said Elmore County Sheriff Bill Franklin.

So who is it?

With that in mind, Elmore, Coosa, and Montgomery Counties have taken a keen interest in the case because those counties have missing females. The sheriff says they are fairly certain the remains are those of a female, average height but it's still unclear how old she was. The skeleton was covered with 3 inches of lime and early indications are the body had been there for at least 5 years.

The identity will eventually come. The more difficult challenge will be to figure out who killed her and why.

They should be able to identify her quickly based on dental records.

I will check the missing persons in this area, see if I can find more.

So who is it?

I remembered this thread, but the aboce is dated 9/10/2007, and said the body was discovered on Sunday.

This brings to mind 2 skelton remains:

I researched names in Elmore, Coosa and Mongomery Counties that were considered endangered missing for more than 5 years:

Carla Corley: missing 8/12/80, Birmingham Al, Age now-38

Sherry Marler: missing 6/6/1984, Greenville Al, Age now-36

Kimberly Ramer: missing 8/15/97, Opp Al, Age now-27

MaryJo Burnette: missing 6/1/84, Rockford, Al, Age now-39

Darlene Tolbert: missing 8/18/97, Hunstville, Al Age now-15

Brenda Green: missing 7/2/88, Brookwood, Al, Age now-34

Unfortunately, they said there isn't anything to point towards Tracey Kegley, I would insist that families of the above check dental records for all missing persons in Alabama.

:bump: for Traci, missing 15 years this month. :(

Snipped:

Kegley's two-year-old daughter had been left unattended inside the car. Kegley's personal belongings, including her purse and identification, were recovered at the scene. She has never been heard from again.

zyM5yZk.jpg

Traci Pittman Kegley

Search warrant executed in 20-year-old cold case of Traci Kegley

http://www.wsfa.com/story/37586228/search-warrant-executed-in-20-year-old-cold-case-of-traci-kegley

Law enforcement officials are securing 300 acres of land in rural Elmore County Sunday morning to begin a massive operation connected to the 1998 disappearance of Traci Pittman Kegley.

Authorities received information from confidential sources that triggered this search. Elmore County District Attorney Randall Houston said this is not a previously investigated tip, and it has been developing since a 2015 CrimeStoppers segment aired as authorities worked to verify and track down information.

Evidence found in a pond in Friendship, AL which may help solve this 20 year old crime. Tracey's mother worked for a friend of mine and this has been a case that haunted many here in Alabama.

Yes it's scary to think we've had a monster or several monsters living among us for 20 years! I hope her parents get some closure and not more disapointment!

I remember this case and have thought about it from time to time over the years. Hoping this will be solved now. Does anyone know an address for the property so that I can look at it on google earth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back