Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > The Unidentified

Notices

The Unidentified Help give someone their name back so they can go home! Information, research and discussion of the Unidentified.

Old 10-07-2004, 01:59 PM

AL - Russell County - Child's Bones, 10+, Oct 2004

http://interestalert.com/brand/sitei...ational%20News

Intersting angle on the story aside, I wonder who this little girl is?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Banned

Hi there...I posted this the other day on the bizarre forum too.. it is kind of a ghost story as well... spooky.

Hope they find out who the little girl is and where she belongs.. the trailer has been moved quite a bit, it will be a tough job.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:49 PM
"Never compromise yourself. You're all you've got." Janis Joplin

WOW! What a strange story. I am praying that LE will be able to trace her identity. The poor, poor child.

What databases could they use to track missing kids in that area?
Old 10-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Former Member

OMG, if you don't believe in ghosts, you will after reading this. I would think this would be easy to trace, just find previous owners of the trailer. Poor child, I hope she rests in peace.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Authentic Southern Belle

This is about 25 minutes from where I live!! What a spooky story!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Former Member

I'd love to hear more from the little girl. More stories about her "friend". And whoever said this should be easy to solve, I agree. I think trailers are registered much like cars so maybe there will be more on this story soon.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Former Member

Oh I got chills reading that story!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 12:08 PM

I got the chills too! But also it broke my heart to think of a child, even if it is the spirit of a child saying "a man out me in the floor and chopped me up".
What horrors there are in this world

In memory of Laci and Conner and my wonderful grandparents Joan and Les - I love you guys
Old 09-28-2007, 07:54 PM

Question AL - Russell County, Child, >10, Bones Found in Mobile Home Floor, Oct'04

Hi
This story has really bothered me since I read it.Did they ever identify these skeletal remains?

suzanne

Girl says bones belong to ghost

Unidentified Child, deceased, AL

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com

Posted on Tue, Oct. 05, 2004

Girl says bones belong to ghost

Investigators unsure how possible human remains got inside insulation

BY MELANIE BENNETT

Staff Writer

A Russell County fifth-grader is convinced bones found in her home last weekend belong to a mysterious friend who told her about being chopped up years ago.

Investigators have few clues about how and when the bones got inside insulation under the living room floor of the mobile home on Jowers Road, near East Alabama Motor Speedway.

The 10-year-old, Stephanie Ogden, and her family have lived in the home since 1998. Her great-grandparents, John and Marion Stewart, own the home.

The bones were found Saturday as the Ogdens, who are renovating the home, pulled up boards in the living room floor. Russell County Sheriff's Lt. Heath Taylor said an initial analysis shows the bones are from the pelvis and leg of a child at least 10 years old, and the child has been dead at least 10 years.

Another bone was found Sunday, Marion Stewart said. The area where the bones were found had duct tape over the insulation, Stewart said.

"There's an odor there that doesn't belong," Stewart said.

The bones probably don't have enough marrow to do DNA tests, Taylor said. Because the trailer has been moved several times between Georgia and Alabama, investigators now are faced with the daunting task of trying to track down missing children from a wide area in two states.

Taylor said gnaw marks on the bones may indicate a rodent placed them inside the insulation. Dirt and plant material on the bones indicate they were outside at one time, Taylor said.

Stephanie said a black girl in a white dress started visiting her room when she was about 5 years old. The girl was friendly, but she told Stephanie a horrible story.

"She told me that somebody put her in the floor," Stephanie said. "She said he had a mask on, and that he chopped her up. She didn't know who the person was, because he had a mask on."

Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-27-2013 at 07:52 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2007, 07:55 PM

There is this little girl in Georgia.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases..._shykemmia.html

suzanne
Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 PM

I did a search with the google archives and there is an apparent follow-up article stating that the bones may never get an ID. It costs 2.95 to view the article, so I was unable to read it. The link is really long and nasty, but I found it through searching for "Marion Stewart". There seem to be a couple of follow-up articles but it seems the child hasn't been posted on any sites nor identified.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Former Member

How sad! A little girl trying to connect with another and nothing is known about her but bones were found of a little girl. Someone lost a little girl somewhere. Spirits are really what they are not ghosts.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi
I agree with you.It is very sad.I am wondering if they know for sure if the bones were from a girl.Maybe we can find out who she is.

suzanne
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Rest in Peace, Lyle.

Interesting Story- I'm into that kinda stuff
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Former Member

I do believe sometimes a soul is so distressed that it gets lost and does not cross over. This story is very eerie and I believe everything Stephanie said she was told. At 5 years old, and child doesn't make this up and continue for 5 years talking to the same "friend". Her friend is apparently real to her. Duct tape OVER the insulation where the bones were found does not sound like a "rodent" put the bones there. It would have to be big rodent to carry a pelvic bone, even if it's from a child.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 PM
It's never to late to be who you could have been

Rodents might have chewed on them, but I doubt that they could carry the bones unless it was a cat sized rat maybe. I wonder if Stephanie could give LE a description of the little girl? This is a fascinating case. Did it say when her grandparents purchased the home?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
Rodents might have chewed on them, but I doubt that they could carry the bones unless it was a cat sized rat maybe. I wonder if Stephanie could give LE a description of the little girl? This is a fascinating case. Did it say when her grandparents purchased the home?
Yes, they purchased it in 1998 - this was stated in a snippet of another article I found that I could not read the whole thing. In any case, I get the impression that the house was purchased by the grandparents for the parents of the girl to live in. It was a 1986 model, so I'd imagine that part of the problem would be determining where it has been for almost 20 years.

The bones were discovered in 2004 and are known to be of a child at least 10 years old and who had been deceased for at least 10 years prior.

The rodent theory could include muskrats, etc., not necessarily rats. Even with duct tape over stuff, rodents can get in just about any place they choose. =p They're crafty little buggers. The rodent theory came about because there is evidence that the bones had been chewed on and had dirt on them and were most probably outside at some point before ending up where they were discovered.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:05 PM

So the little girl probably died somewhere around 1993-1994? I am going to look in neighboring states.

ETA: possible matches?

Shykeimia

Ashani

Celina (she was 12 when she disappeared but I am including her anyway)
Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
So the little girl probably died somewhere around 1993-1994? I am going to look in neighboring states.

ETA: possible matches?

Shykeimia

Ashani

Celina (she was 12 when she disappeared but I am including her anyway)
Well, from the initial article, it seems that they know that the child was deceased at least 10 years prior...there's no other limit set...so I wouldn't necessarily limit it to 1993-1994. They also said that the bones were that of a child at least 10 years old...so that could really open up things to any age as well - probably not someone in their 80s, but I think you can get my point...

I'm guessing that there probably wasn't enough of a skeleton found to give even an accurate range of date of death or age...and that due to the state of the bones, they probably believe that they belong to someone who was never reported missing.

There may be more information in the article that I couldn't read, but I also could not find any information on the web beyond the ghost story part of it.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 AM

So this little dead girl was able to relay the details of her death, dismemberment and disposal at the hands of the masked killer yet she can't provide her own name?

No offense intended but it seems rather dubious to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to shellbee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardilia View Post
Well, from the initial article, it seems that they know that the child was deceased at least 10 years prior...there's no other limit set...so I wouldn't necessarily limit it to 1993-1994. They also said that the bones were that of a child at least 10 years old...so that could really open up things to any age as well - probably not someone in their 80s, but I think you can get my point...

I'm guessing that there probably wasn't enough of a skeleton found to give even an accurate range of date of death or age...and that due to the state of the bones, they probably believe that they belong to someone who was never reported missing.

There may be more information in the article that I couldn't read, but I also could not find any information on the web beyond the ghost story part of it.

I started in 93-94 because they had been there at least since '94. I wonder what year the mobile home is? That would narrow it down some also.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:09 AM

Hi
I wonder where in Georgia they had lived(a few places?)to find out where the trailer had been.My first thought was maybe the little girl witnessed something a long time ago while she was younger.I am wondering if the police ever said the bones were a girl and what the childs actual race was.This is some ones little girl or little boy.someone cares about what became of this child.

suzanne
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2007, 08:53 AM
MY opinion only. Subject to change

I don't know what to think of this story. Maybe the little girl who played with her "ghost" should be shown pictures of missing little girls to see if she sees her little playmate in any of them. Not being mean, like I say, I don't know what to think. It is just so crazy. Wonder how long it has been since the little girl saw the ghost. Never saw a ghost, never heard a ghost and don't know if I really believe in them but this is quite interesting.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:25 AM

Hi
I agree with you.I wonder if they did show pictures to the little girl.I just see the Ghost part too everywhere.They are forgetting there are the bones of a real child here that is I think still unidentified.This is someones child.I know someone cares where this child is and what happened to her or him.I'm saying if these remains are still unidentified they should be put on more Unidentified cases places rather than just Ghost stories.That's sad.

suzanne
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2007, 10:54 AM

It is sad, for everyone involved.
I do have this girl on my web site, but I don't think anyone else does.
http://missingme.2007.angelfire.com/...o_al_2004.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandy O'Blenis For This Useful Post: