IL - Stacy Ann Peterson, 23, Bolingbrook, 2007 (still missing) - #14

:furious: I don't think there would be any way I could make myself believe that a man actively breaking a restaining order has ANY rights in order not to be arrested!! He must have made a convincing argument for you to buy it, but let me tell you...women die because of that very thing!! It burns me that a Sheriff thought he could use the fear of lawsuits to neglect his job. :furious: :furious: :furious: The law is VERY clear when a person breaks a restraining order. Jail is nonnegotiable!!!

:furious: I don't think there would be any way I could make myself believe that a man actively breaking a restaining order has ANY rights in order not to be arrested!! He must have made a convincing argument for you to buy it, but let me tell you...women die because of that very thing!! It burns me that a Sheriff thought he could use the fear of lawsuits to neglect his job. :furious: :furious: :furious: The law is VERY clear when a person breaks a restraining order. Jail is nonnegotiable!!!

When it had been made clear to me by more than one woman that he was doing this I made it a point to confront him! I agree 100% with what you have said!:blowkiss:

While I appreciate what you are saying Sleuther I don't just use my reading experience to make comments about domestic violence crimes.

My life experience and work experience have given me a lot of experience also.

I think we have let LE do their jobs or not do their jobs in a lot of these cases.

Any LE official that you speak to or work with knows the REAL reason we have to be so careful these days. It can be summed up in one word LAWSUITS.

Let's talk about KS. Her death evidently was not treated as a CRIME.
Perhaps that is the biggest problem we have in that case. Why wasn't it?
Do you have a really VALID answer for that?

With all due respect to you in order to do top rate detective work you need to be able to think outside of the box.

Awhile back I had a long discussion with the Sheriff, an elected official, in one of the small counties in my state.

I was a little ticked that he seemed to not arrest many men involved in domestic violence cases in the state for violations of restraining orders.

When I reminded him that I like to know which LE officials in the state are not favorable to women before we elect them AGAIN, he sat down and had a decent talk with me.

I ended up respecting him a lot more when he reminded me that it is the legal justice system in this country that has his hand's tied. He, being older like myself, reminded me that in the good old days what we could arrest someone for and what we can do today are two different things. In many cases the inmates are running the prison, so to speak. In other words the criminals have all the civil rights in the world. They end up suing at the drop of a hat.

While I didn't like it, I had to admit he is right.

I like that explanation a lot better then your "we must let law enforcement do their jobs and we must exercise patience" It would be good if the justice system in this country favored the victim more than the criminal.

With all due respect.

Regrettably, Kathleen's death most likely wasn't treated as a crime because of Drew Peterson being a police officer. Sad, but true, and truly awful. That same reason is most likely why Drew Peterson didn't land in jail and lose his job. It's a travesty. I hope it can be rectified.

You've reacted quite emotionally, but nevertheless, what I said is true. We have to let law enforcement do its job because proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a very high standard, but it is still the standard.

Lawsuits? Out of hand. But I don't see it as an issue in the Stacy case.

And while I do think lawsuits are definitely out of hand, in the Kathlen case, the Bolingbrook Police Department, in my opinion, should have their rear-ends sued off because of how they failed Kathleen both before and after her death.

Regrettably, Kathleen's death most likely wasn't treated as a crime because of Drew Peterson being a police officer. Sad, but true, and truly awful. That same reason is most likely why Drew Peterson didn't land in jail and lose his job. It's a travesty. I hope it can be rectified.

You've reacted quite emotionally, but nevertheless, what I said is true. We have to let law enforcement do its job because proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a very high standard, but it is still the standard.

Lawsuits? Out of hand. But I don't see it as an issue in the Stacy case.

And while I do think lawsuits are definitely out of hand, in the Kathlen case, the Bolingbrook Police Department, in my opinion, should have their rear-ends sued off because of how they failed Kathleen both before and after her death.

You don't see lawsuits as an issue in the SP case, with a veteran with 30 years of law experience perhaps a suspect? On the contrary, I think if DP was a "regular" citizen he might have already been arrested.

:confused:

PS sleuther..sorry if I seem emotional. I am just another woman PMS'ng. LOL

I think we are all believing in DP's guilt. And we all want to see an arrest sooner than later. I think we are all pretty tired of DrewP going on TV and making outrageous statements.

At the same time, LE and the prosecutors have to keep their eye on the goal. They seem to have some evidence now. They seem to be assured of who the suspect is. And I don't think the fact that DrewP is a "former" officer is affecting anything in this case- this time. But their goal always has to be for conviction. If they make an arrest and go to court, if there is any area where the case is weak, the defense will use that to blow up the whole case. So LE and prosecutors have to make sure their case is bulletproof. Because they only get one chance.

It has gotten quiet in the media, other than DrewP's statements. It seems that nothing is being gained, the case isn't going forward. It seems close to being forgotten.

But we have to keep in mind that it is going forward. The GJ is doing an investigation. And their investigation this time is very in depth. But because they only meet once a week, it is slow. There is also the civil court case on Kathleen's case. And that too will be used to get info for the criminal case. And that is just the things we know about. Recently there was an article from one of the investigators that made some cryptic comments about the barrel. So what they are doing behind the scenes we don't know about. But I believe there are things going on.

It has been 6 months without an arrest that we have all felt was pretty certain was coming, and no arrest is discouraging. But we do know that it hasn't been 6 idle months. A lot of things have happened in the last 6 months. I believe the arrest is coming, but it could take more time. Though personally, I am really hoping we hear something by the end of the current GJ.

Thanks Mysteriew..you are always the voice of reason.. blending both sides of the issue and doing so with balance!

Thanks CC. Although I do know of a lot of people who would disagree with you about the voice of reason part, lol.

I can't believe you are saying that! I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. For some strange reason I started thinking about this case and wondering the same thing! What if there is some kind of weird connection?? It seems so far out, but I guess anything is possible these days.:waitasec:

CC: Here's a link to a post I made on 2/25:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2013488&postcount=272

I've been thinking about this since shortly after Stacy disappeared. It is just too coincidental that 2 young women, both facing divorces, with young children, within a few miles of one another, disappear without a trace! And both husbands are suspected of having done them in! When people drink, they often say things they wouldn't otherwise say when not under the influence.

CC: Here's a link to a post I made on 2/25:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2013488&postcount=272

I've been thinking about this since shortly after Stacy disappeared. It is just too coincidental that 2 young women, both facing divorces, with young children, within a few miles of one another, disappear without a trace! And both husbands are suspected of having done them in! When people drink, they often say things they wouldn't otherwise say when not under the influence.

Thanks for the link Lisa, you make some good points. Also remember that their was some talk that CS told people that if he ever wanted to kill his wife no one would EVER find her. I remember reading a connection between him and the "chemical" plant.

Chemicals might have been involved with both deaths!:waitasec:

You don't see lawsuits as an issue in the SP case, with a veteran with 30 years of law experience perhaps a suspect? On the contrary, I think if DP was a "regular" citizen he might have already been arrested.

:confused:

What I see happening is LE knowing that the Bolingbrook Police Department screwed up royally in the Kathleen case. No doubt, Drew's years on the force ARE affecting the investigation, but it might actually be in a good way. We can't say that if he were anybody else, he would have already been arrested. I know how you feel, I want to see that smug creep off the streets, too. But, I don't want jurors saying after the trial that they think he probably did it, but there wasn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

I come to this site every day to see the latest and I'm always disappointed that there aren't a bunch of new threads relating to an arrest or new information. But, I still want him in prison for the rest of his life - I can't even stand to look at him - so I simply think that LE knows a lot more than I do and we have no choice but to trust that they are meticulously doing their job.

PS sleuther..sorry if I seem emotional. I am just another woman PMS'ng. LOL

Understand completely.......we loathe this creep and want him punished and it's difficult to think of him wandering the bars picking up more teenagers. Understand completely.

Thanks for the link Lisa, you make some good points. Also remember that their was some talk that CS told people that if he ever wanted to kill his wife no one would EVER find her. I remember reading a connection between him and the "chemical" plant.

Chemicals might have been involved with both deaths!:waitasec:

CC, that is possible. Or, in the case of Craig Stebic, there has been conjecture that it would be possible to dispose of a body in one of the mines up in the NorthWoods, where CS has property, and it would be very difficult to search all of them, because there are hundreds. So, consider this: CS did away with Lisa S. and dumped her in one of the mines. Later on, he and DP meet up at a bar over drinks and DP starts commisserating with him about his unhappy marriage, and the drinks get the best of CS and he tells him how he can get away with murder. I could see that happening. It's just too odd that there are two unsolved disappearances and there are lots of similarities to the two cases.

CC, that is possible. Or, in the case of Craig Stebic, there has been conjecture that it would be possible to dispose of a body in one of the mines up in the NorthWoods, where CS has property, and it would be very difficult to search all of them, because there are hundreds. So, consider this: CS did away with Lisa S. and dumped her in one of the mines. Later on, he and DP meet up at a bar over drinks and DP starts commisserating with him about his unhappy marriage, and the drinks get the best of CS and he tells him how he can get away with murder. I could see that happening. It's just too odd that there are two unsolved disappearances and there are lots of similarities to the two cases.
There may be a connection. I am just not sure what it is yet. There are a lot of similarities! Either way it doesn't hurt to think about other scenarios and hopefully one day BOTH of these men will be roommates in prison! LOL

There may be a connection. I am just not sure what it is yet. There are a lot of similarities! Either way it doesn't hurt to think about other scenarios and hopefully one day BOTH of these men will be roommates in prison! LOL

That's a great thought.:clap: lol
Everyday I check the AP news and here to see if DP has been arrested.

That's a great thought.:clap: lol
Everyday I check the AP news and here to see if DP has been arrested.

Every day I just come here..........I'm sure the good members here at WS will have the news of DP's arrest within seconds of it coming off the wire services! :blowkiss:

LOL I will have it plastered all over my siggy so it goes clear across the board instantly! Of course, you will hear us screaming, jumping for joy, and clapping long before then I am sure!

JAB was just talking to some talking head on the news. Ugh! I can't stand the sound of his voice as much as DP's now. It is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Well, you know what they say, "Birds of a feather flock together" - Jailbirds, that is! :behindbar :clap: :woohoo:

Wondering here what new antics Drew and JAB will provide us with this week. There will be something. I am sure they read here and will need to make some comic relief out of the situation. Especially since Sandra has now posted her new info. I am sure the nerves are getting frayed on the Drew end of this rope. Although he would never let anyone see that..just the comedian, jokester, trying to be normal side isn't working anymore for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back