Etiquette & Information Discussion

Uh...is there a test...? gulp

KoldKase, welcome. No test my dear. I promise.

I am so glad you are here. It's like having a sister posting with me :)

Tricia

KoldKase, welcome. No test my dear. I promise.

I am so glad you are here. It's like having a sister posting with me :)

Tricia

Well, thanks for letting me in. I hope you feel that way after I disgrace the family.... :behindbar

Hi...I don't know where else to ask this,but I have a friend who is trying to join,her email is via earthlink,and she got a registration rejection letter.What does she need to do to join? It is a paying email address.Is earthlink not acceptable?thx.

Thanks for everything you guys do! Websleuths is great!

I haven't been here long but I have an etiquette tip...

I wish everyone would hit refresh and read before they posted something! Especially on the long frequently updated threads.

Again, thanks!

I just got accepted and want to post a heart felt thank you for allowing me to join. I will try very hard to remember all the rules. Thanks

I just got accepted and want to post a heart felt thank you for allowing me to join. I will try very hard to remember all the rules. Thanks

2q87eap.jpg

Probably haven't even an inkling as to what it takes to keep this place running as well as it does with tens of thousands of members, but for what it's worth, I really do appreciate it. Thanks guys.

I am very happy to finally have become a member at this fine forum. When trying to sign up my nic annalyzer was not accepted so I added a "1" to the end and it was accepted. I see the nic isn't being used, I know I have tried to sign up before with the nic and maybe that's why the system thought it was already in use. Would it be too much bother for a mod to change my nic to just annalyzer? Thanks in advance.

I'm not being sarcastic! I'm actually interested!!! I'm trying to "sleuth" some info out of you!!! I was thinking about starting a "web community" regarding another topic.

ANYHOW----:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Great job, great site, great info, great people....:blowkiss:

I have questions, please......

If you report an inappropriate post, does the poster know who reported it? I have a horrible fear of reporting and being subsequently black balled because of it.

Also, is it considered inappropriate to correct someone's spelling/typing/language skills? No, I certainly haven't done it but I've seen it done and it REALLY seems to make people angry.

thanks so much......
Shutter

I have questions, please......

If you report an inappropriate post, does the poster know who reported it? I have a horrible fear of reporting and being subsequently black balled because of it.

Also, is it considered inappropriate to correct someone's spelling/typing/language skills? No, I certainly haven't done it but I've seen it done and it REALLY seems to make people angry.

thanks so much......
Shutter

I don't think the MODS say who reported them, sometimes several reports come in on the same post

About the spelling/typing/language skills, I personally think that's tacky and rude to do so myself, after all, some type and spell better than others. Take me for instance, my posts are full of errors of all types! :D

The moderators of the forum get a message that you reported it. That's it.

I consider myself to have a very good grasp of spelling and grammar, and I try to be correct in my usages of both. I generally have no trouble understanding people who do not use correct spelling and grammar, and focus instead on the ideas they are expressing. I find that people who spend their time correcting the spelling and grammar of others in a venue such as this generally are bereft of original ideas and make such corrections out of a desperate desire to be noticed.

haha... LOL Gotta love it, . I agree!

I have a question and didn't know where to ask...so forgive me if this is the wrong area.

I realize we have a place for the families of the missing where they are not bombarded with the details of cases we are working on to go for support, but do we have an area for people who are families of crimes (murders etc.)?

It has come up the past couple of days where a family needs this type of support, but I don't know where to direct them. Could you clue me in? Thanks~

Question--
Can only certain members start a thread? I wanted to start a thread about a particular movie that started today in the Up to the Minute section, however, received a message that I was not allowed to do so...
Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie