Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > The Unidentified > Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976

Notices

Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976 Help ID Them!


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 01-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Mysterylover Mysterylover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
Yes, those are good points too.
I guess I just never thought of David Batson as a suspect. I guess I just thought he wouldn't have given any info to the cops had he been involved.

There is no way the police would have ever known the couple had been at the KOA Campground had David Batson not contacted them. There was nothing to trace them anywhere without a vehicle or any ID on them.

I do think that LE wants to talk to Mrs. Batson again and I hope they are able to get in touch with her.
Cambria, thanks for the quick reply, correct me if I'm wrong.
I understand that the 'person involved' in the crime, a lot of times, tends to check on the progress of the case and talk to the investigations, keep newspaper clippings, be helpful to the victims families, and even attend the funerals. Some murders/even put flowers on the graves from time to time.

I do feel D. Batson was involved with L. Henry or Lonnie's son in 'some' way. Lonnie definitely KNEW who murdered that couple, from what the Lie detector test indicated, imo..
__________________

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..
  #127  
Old 01-25-2009, 11:44 AM
youshouldveknown's Avatar
youshouldveknown youshouldveknown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: dirty south
Posts: 286
That's a good theory. Now let's figure out how they knew each other.
__________________

nothing seems black when i see your red shoes
  #128  
Old 01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
MaryLiz's Avatar
MaryLiz MaryLiz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterylover View Post
Cambria, thanks for the quick reply, correct me if I'm wrong.
I understand that the 'person involved' in the crime, a lot of times, tends to check on the progress of the case and talk to the investigations, keep newspaper clippings, be helpful to the victims families, and even attend the funerals. Some murders/even put flowers on the graves from time to time.

I do feel D. Batson was involved with L. Henry or Lonnie's son in 'some' way. Lonnie definitely KNEW who murdered that couple, from what the Lie detector test indicated, imo..
I think it can go either way regarding how a perp acts after committing such a crime. For example, I'm reading a book now about 2 guys who were murdered in Michigan in 1985. The perps went out of their way to avoid LE and they also threatened everyone they knew to keep their mouths shut or they would be killed too. So they reacted just the opposite. I know there are situations where perps appear to be very helpful and go out of their way to assist LE and hang around the families too, like you suggested.

I also believe that Lonnie Henry knew who killed them. But I think it was someone he was related to. He wouldn't give up any information and acted like he didn't know anything, except to admit he tried to file the serial # off the gun. That sounds to me like he was trying to protect someone. People will protect family members almost always but I don't think he would have been so protective of a friend or acquaintance if he knew they used his gun to commit 2 murders. I think had that been the case, he would have told LE everything he knew and given them names too in order to take the heat off himself.
  #129  
Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
runr runr is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 117
Vices in the Area in the 1970's

It wasn't drugs around here back then, it was gambling and illegal alcohol. LE, preachers, etc. all involved.

Our accents were VERY thick back then, and an "outsider"--even from another part of this state--stuck out immediately from the way they talked.

If you knew the right people, ANYTHING could, and did, get "swept under the rug." I don't know anything about this case, but I sure wish I knew these shady people named, but all of my family from back then have passed away and I was too little.
  #130  
Old 01-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Mysterylover Mysterylover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by runr View Post
It wasn't drugs around here back then, it was gambling and illegal alcohol. LE, preachers, etc. all involved.

Our accents were VERY thick back then, and an "outsider"--even from another part of this state--stuck out immediately from the way they talked.

If you knew the right people, ANYTHING could, and did, get "swept under the rug."

I don't know anything about this case, but I sure wish I knew these shady people named, but all of my family from back then have passed away and I was too little....
runr: My grandmother lived in S.C. for many years and she said the same thing.
Did read if the LE found any shell casings near the murdered couple on the dirt road that August morning?
I have read:
A revolutionary forensic technique developed by a British scientist could help solve murder cases, by getting finger prints off shell casings.
The method enables scientists to visualise fingerprints even after the print itself has been removed.
This would mean prints can be retrieved from bullet cartridges..
__________________

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..
  #131  
Old 01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Mysterylover Mysterylover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 901
One thing to remember;
a case is only as good as the perservierance and diligence of the detectives assigned to it...
__________________

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..
  #132  
Old 01-26-2009, 11:16 PM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
Anyone know who was originally assigned to this case?

There are two roadside crime scene photos that we have available. I will be discussing photo #2.
1. Taken from a camera angle in front of and to the right of the girl, and looking back towards both she and the male victim. Very natural looking photo except it's too far away to tell anything about the victims.

2. Taken from the opposite side, to the front and left of the male victim, and angled to include both subjects. In this photo are 2 live people, LE I'm sure, but you can only see parts of their bodies. On the left is someone writing or sketching on a tablet, a female? Between the 2 victims is a guy with what appears to be light brown shoes. What are they? Italian loafers? Wellingtons? Those short boots guys wore during that time period, the ones that zipped up the side? Someone make some guesses here.

Whatever they are they don't look like standard police issue shoes. Has to be a boot of some kind, not a loafer. No sock/loafer line is visiable. It is a man. His arm is visible, and a portion of him from just above the waist down.

Take a look at the male victim's hair. It is visible, and extremely bushy. THIS IS NOT THE GUY IN THE MORGUE PHOTOS!! These aren't even the same people in the face shots of the victims taken at the scene. I'm not sure why in this photo, the faces of the victims are so obscured. The girl's head looks repositioned, and the guy has the jutting jawline typical of an African American male, and his hair would be consistent with that, but his skin is pale. Could be the flash, could be they were shot for being an interracial couple. The guy wasn't white enough to suit somebody? Something that definitely wouldn't have set well in 1976 in So. Carolina. What if these people are locals? Anyone think it's possible they were from Providence or Dalzel, Claremont or Stateburg? Could it be the whole Canada spiel is just that, a spiel? Look at the guy's nose. These almost look like dummies, except his arm looks quite real.

We've got a whole slew of photos and sketches that don't add up, and that's hinky IMO. We've got somebody that went and covered up the deceased guy's shirt so that all anyone can read is Sumter. What's up with that? We have rings, but we don't have any shots of the deceased woman wearing them. A watch is visible on the guy's arm. I can't make out a ring on either hand. Why is it that the crime scene photos blur the faces when they're enlarged? Enlarge it, and the guy's nose looks like Pinochio. And yes, I am aware there are two other pictures showing the faces of the victims, but they don't look anything like the couple in the morgue shots.

SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. This case will never be solved, and we're just spinning our wheels unless we can get someone from the FBI to take a look at it. If L. G. Henry was fencing stolen cars then who was he fencing them for? I honestly think, people were being selected, and shot for their cars, and the cars then shipped out of state, and sold.

These pictures and sketches are an outrage when taken as a collection.
  #133  
Old 01-27-2009, 12:23 AM
WildHeart's Avatar
WildHeart WildHeart is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
My family is from this area and I've heard about this crime all my life, hence my interest in this crime. To me it's one of those cases you can't and don't forget--why has no one ever looked for these people? But let's clear up a few things here. The crime was very well-publicized at the time--from hearing my family talk about it, I know the locals were shocked and they were upset about it. It wasn't as if no one cared about their deaths and as if it wasn't covered in the media at the time. I was really, really young at the time, and my parents no longer lived in the Sumter area by then but it was very well-covered in our area of the state at the time. It was a shocking crime for its time and it's still revisited in the SC media from time to time as being one of the state's great, unsolved mysteries. If it happened today I'm sure it would be a national story.

Drugs were also very well-established in that area by the 70's. Hello? It was the early 70's--drugs were pretty much everywhere and had been since the 1960's, yes, even in "backwards", rural SC. It's not like the state was a suburb of Mars or anything. Don't forget that Sumter Co. is traversed by I-95 AND I-20 and was then and still is known for being THE drug highway from S. Florida to the Northern states. And many a South Carolinian has made a tidy sum growing and selling pot--and other illegal substances, then and now. Lots of available farmland and rural areas to hide illicit activity.

I won't deny that corruption in LE didn't go on then and still does today. But I also know this much---to be fair to them, they did not have the tools then that exist now. There was no internet, there were no DNA databases, there wasn't even an organized missing person's database. Perhaps if they would have had those tools THEN this still wouldn't be an open case. And I hate to insult or implicate anyone specifically, but remember, this was the dark ages in terms of LE sophistication. Most of the LE in those days were the old school. Some didn't even have high school degrees. My grandfather used to say that if no one else would hire you, LE would. He did not mean that as a compliment to the LE agents of SC. Even today, the education requirements are low, the training to get a badge is very brief and the pay is lousy, and most agencies are under-staffed and over-worked. A 30-year old murder case is just not going to be a high-priority for them. And never forget, Sumter County is still largely rural, and has never been awash in cash, resources are still limited. I wish that they would turn it over to SLED or to the FBI but for whatever reason, they never have. Maybe it doesn't meet the qualifications to be turned over to those agencies. Or maybe it is them covering for someone. In Sumter County, to this day, there are people convinced that the true story was never told about who really killed Margaret Cuttino (another fascinating Sumter Co. crime). But there are also times when LE knows who did something and can't arrest them because they don't have the proof they need to make a case stick. And I think they hit a lot of dead ends in this case. I think Lonnie Henry knew who killed this couple. But he wasn't talking and no one else has either in all these years. It still baffles me to this day why no one has ever come looking for this couple.

And one more item for thought: I know that LE did write down license plate nos at the funeral that was held for the couple. When their burial arrangements were announced, my aunt & uncle decided to attend the funeral b/c they reasoned that someone needed to mourn this couple, and they had seen the couple while they were at the funeral home. (Long story short, the owner was a long-time family friend, and while they were there to see someone else, he showed them the couple's bodies). They have always said that LE was there and that they were writing down the license plate numbers of everyone attended. So I wonder if those records are still in the files somewhere?
  #134  
Old 01-27-2009, 12:40 AM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
Lonnie Henry was in jail at the time of the murders.

Correction: I goofed last night. I got Pee Wee Gaskins confused in my mind with Lonnie George Henry. It was Gaskins who was in jail, not Henry.

Last edited by justthinkin; 01-27-2009 at 01:02 PM.
  #135  
Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 AM
kitbits's Avatar
kitbits kitbits is offline
9 Lives and holding
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ecosse
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
Lonnie Henry was in jail at the time of the murders.
Hi, justthinkin--

I'm sure I have read on several occassions that Henry's alibi was being at the hospital, as his wife was supposedly ill.

Unless I've missed something?
__________________
'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson
  #136  
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 AM
MaryLiz's Avatar
MaryLiz MaryLiz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitbits View Post
Hi, justthinkin--

I'm sure I have read on several occassions that Henry's alibi was being at the hospital, as his wife was supposedly ill.

Unless I've missed something?
Right, Henry was visiting his wife in the hospital. He wasn't in jail at the time of the murders.
__________________
Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!



www.findbrianshaffer.com
  #137  
Old 01-27-2009, 07:03 AM
MaryLiz's Avatar
MaryLiz MaryLiz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart View Post
My family is from this area and I've heard about this crime all my life, hence my interest in this crime. To me it's one of those cases you can't and don't forget--why has no one ever looked for these people? But let's clear up a few things here. The crime was very well-publicized at the time--from hearing my family talk about it, I know the locals were shocked and they were upset about it. It wasn't as if no one cared about their deaths and as if it wasn't covered in the media at the time. I was really, really young at the time, and my parents no longer lived in the Sumter area by then but it was very well-covered in our area of the state at the time. It was a shocking crime for its time and it's still revisited in the SC media from time to time as being one of the state's great, unsolved mysteries. If it happened today I'm sure it would be a national story.

Drugs were also very well-established in that area by the 70's. Hello? It was the early 70's--drugs were pretty much everywhere and had been since the 1960's, yes, even in "backwards", rural SC. It's not like the state was a suburb of Mars or anything. Don't forget that Sumter Co. is traversed by I-95 AND I-20 and was then and still is known for being THE drug highway from S. Florida to the Northern states. And many a South Carolinian has made a tidy sum growing and selling pot--and other illegal substances, then and now. Lots of available farmland and rural areas to hide illicit activity.

I won't deny that corruption in LE didn't go on then and still does today. But I also know this much---to be fair to them, they did not have the tools then that exist now. There was no internet, there were no DNA databases, there wasn't even an organized missing person's database. Perhaps if they would have had those tools THEN this still wouldn't be an open case. And I hate to insult or implicate anyone specifically, but remember, this was the dark ages in terms of LE sophistication. Most of the LE in those days were the old school. Some didn't even have high school degrees. My grandfather used to say that if no one else would hire you, LE would. He did not mean that as a compliment to the LE agents of SC. Even today, the education requirements are low, the training to get a badge is very brief and the pay is lousy, and most agencies are under-staffed and over-worked. A 30-year old murder case is just not going to be a high-priority for them. And never forget, Sumter County is still largely rural, and has never been awash in cash, resources are still limited. I wish that they would turn it over to SLED or to the FBI but for whatever reason, they never have. Maybe it doesn't meet the qualifications to be turned over to those agencies. Or maybe it is them covering for someone. In Sumter County, to this day, there are people convinced that the true story was never told about who really killed Margaret Cuttino (another fascinating Sumter Co. crime). But there are also times when LE knows who did something and can't arrest them because they don't have the proof they need to make a case stick. And I think they hit a lot of dead ends in this case. I think Lonnie Henry knew who killed this couple. But he wasn't talking and no one else has either in all these years. It still baffles me to this day why no one has ever come looking for this couple.

And one more item for thought: I know that LE did write down license plate nos at the funeral that was held for the couple. When their burial arrangements were announced, my aunt & uncle decided to attend the funeral b/c they reasoned that someone needed to mourn this couple, and they had seen the couple while they were at the funeral home. (Long story short, the owner was a long-time family friend, and while they were there to see someone else, he showed them the couple's bodies). They have always said that LE was there and that they were writing down the license plate numbers of everyone attended. So I wonder if those records are still in the files somewhere?
Excellent post. And may I add that the passage of time is still the reason for delays in this case. The DNA taken after the bodies were exhumed is still sitting in a lab in Texas over a year and a half later. Despite numerous calls, the explanation always given to Sumter LE is that they have newer cases which are taking precedence over this one.
__________________
Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!



www.findbrianshaffer.com
  #138  
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Mysterylover Mysterylover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitbits View Post
Hi, justthinkin--

I'm sure I have read on several occassions that Henry's alibi was being at the hospital, as his wife was supposedly ill.

Unless I've missed something?
Kitbits: You are correct!
I was never able to find any record or info. where L. Henry went to jail for the drunk driving or carrying a concealed gun with serial numbers filed off, the murder weapon..a Felony..I've always wondered who dropped the charges and WHY? imo...a little jail time could have loosened his tongue! on second thought, maybe thats why he walked.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will gladly bet a thousand dollars, Lonnie Henry did NOT spend the entire night at the hospital that Sunday night..:Justice:
__________________

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..

Last edited by Mysterylover; 01-27-2009 at 09:50 AM.
  #139  
Old 01-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Mysterylover Mysterylover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 901
Guys this is off topic, but I thought it was interesting since Calhoun co. S.C. joins Sumter co...A blonde females bones have been found near an OLD crime scene..as usual, very vague reporting.
I'm beginning to wonder if crime scenes are being investigated throughly! Hmmmm!..
http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=9086221
__________________

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..
  #140  
Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Mysterylover Mysterylover is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
Anyone know who was originally assigned to this case?

There are two roadside crime scene photos that we have available. I will be discussing photo #2.
1. Taken from a camera angle in front of and to the right of the girl, and looking back towards both she and the male victim. Very natural looking photo except it's too far away to tell anything about the victims.

2. Taken from the opposite side, to the front and left of the male victim, and angled to include both subjects. In this photo are 2 live people, LE I'm sure, but you can only see parts of their bodies. On the left is someone writing or sketching on a tablet, a female? Between the 2 victims is a guy with what appears to be light brown shoes. What are they? Italian loafers? Wellingtons? Those short boots guys wore during that time period, the ones that zipped up the side? Someone make some guesses here.

Whatever they are they don't look like standard police issue shoes. Has to be a boot of some kind, not a loafer. No sock/loafer line is visiable. It is a man. His arm is visible, and a portion of him from just above the waist down.

Take a look at the male victim's hair. It is visible, and extremely bushy. THIS IS NOT THE GUY IN THE MORGUE PHOTOS!! These aren't even the same people in the face shots of the victims taken at the scene. I'm not sure why in this photo, the faces of the victims are so obscured. The girl's head looks repositioned, and the guy has the jutting jawline typical of an African American male, and his hair would be consistent with that, but his skin is pale. Could be the flash, could be they were shot for being an interracial couple. The guy wasn't white enough to suit somebody? Something that definitely wouldn't have set well in 1976 in So. Carolina. What if these people are locals? Anyone think it's possible they were from Providence or Dalzel, Claremont or Stateburg? Could it be the whole Canada spiel is just that, a spiel? Look at the guy's nose. These almost look like dummies, except his arm looks quite real.

We've got a whole slew of photos and sketches that don't add up, and that's hinky IMO. We've got somebody that went and covered up the deceased guy's shirt so that all anyone can read is Sumter. What's up with that?
We have rings, but we don't have any shots of the deceased woman wearing them. A watch is visible on the guy's arm. I can't make out a ring on either hand. Why is it that the crime scene photos blur the faces when they're enlarged? Enlarge it, and the guy's nose looks like Pinochio. And yes, I am aware there are two other pictures showing the faces of the victims, but they don't look anything like the couple in the morgue shots.

SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. This case will never be solved, and we're just spinning our wheels unless we can get someone from the FBI to take a look at it. If L. G. Henry was fencing stolen cars then who was he fencing them for? I honestly think, people were being selected, and shot for their cars, and the cars then shipped out of state, and sold.

These pictures and sketches are an outrage when taken as a collection.
Justthinkin..WOW! Very interesting and I suspect you are on to something. Maybe that's why the DNA tests are taking so long...by request of someone that knows the truth!

Has anyone other than myself, noticed how poorly and inaccurate the case was reported in the papers?? where in the body the couple was shot, front or back reported differently several times..chest, back, neck or back of head, shot from the front, in the back or both, all big differences in solving a crime...
http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS01/108090148
__________________

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’..
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...What I write here, are my theories, speculation, opinions & deductive reasoning...not to be taken as 'fact'..
  #141  
Old 01-27-2009, 01:03 PM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitbits View Post
Hi, justthinkin--

I'm sure I have read on several occassions that Henry's alibi was being at the hospital, as his wife was supposedly ill.

Unless I've missed something?
You didn't miss anything. I corrected my post. I just temporarily had Pee Wee Gaskins confused with L. G. Henry. It was Gaskins who was in jail, not Henry.
  #142  
Old 01-27-2009, 01:45 PM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
I believe these photos are from the myspace pages set up by Phenolred from WS.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=249363

There are two pages of photos here. The crime scene photo on page 1 is the one I have enlarged on my computer. The outline of the male's hair is distinguishable, and anyone can see the hair there doesn't match up with the guy's hair in the "cleaned up" morgue photos. You can download the crime scene photo then enlarge it to see what I'm talking about re. the hair, the shape of the guy's face from the side.

When I was typing my long post yesterday, I wrote something about a jutting jawline. That's not what I meant. I really meant the face from eye level to chin extends further forward on Afro-American , men, than on a male, European shaped faces. That's still not clear to me, but it's the best description I can give until clarity comes to me.

To confuse matters even more, here are more photos from another website. I don't know whose this is.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=292782949

Click on the female's photo & it will take you to more pictures.
  #143  
Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
doubletrouble's Avatar
doubletrouble doubletrouble is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sunny Sarasota Florida,
Posts: 611
Wow!!! I have been pre-occupied with the Caylee case lately... but came back to some excellent sleuthing going on round here.... you are all so terrific...
Not sure who was asking about dental records... that is never going to happen, as in a series of twists..the teeth that were so carefully exhumed and extracted with the bodies so many years later...were accidentally thrown away
  #144  
Old 01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
elliottness elliottness is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 149
Okay, here is what I found out regarding the KOA campground. There is one located in Florence, South Carolina which is 20 minutes away from the Darlington racetrack. They have a website which mentions that it is a "great stopping point" for people from the north on their way to Florida.
  #145  
Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
elliottness elliottness is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
Wow!!! I have been pre-occupied with the Caylee case lately... but came back to some excellent sleuthing going on round here.... you are all so terrific...
Not sure who was asking about dental records... that is never going to happen, as in a series of twists..the teeth that were so carefully exhumed and extracted with the bodies so many years later...were accidentally thrown away
"Accidentally" thrown away?
  #146  
Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 PM
elliottness elliottness is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 149
http://www.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/98/06/973189P.pdf

I found this document on the Internet. It mentions a Lonnie Henry being one of a group of individuals convicted of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana. In addition he was convicted of criminal forfeiture. He was sentenced to 76 months in prison.
  #147  
Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
eliott, the old campground was near Santee, on the Pee Dee River which I've read, having never been there, was kind of swampy. David B. reported that the couple had been there for around 2 weeks, left for Florida, then stopped again at the KOA there, no longer in operation today, and left again.

What we need is someone from the state who can tell us what the attraction was to that area of the state. Doesn't look like an area that would warrant a 2 week stay for vacation purposes unless the couple had business there. As several have indicated they may have been invovled in drug running or something of that nature.

For all we know or don't know, the couple could've been a pair of undercover state cops or FBI working the drug angle or the auto theft ring angle.
  #148  
Old 01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
doubletrouble's Avatar
doubletrouble doubletrouble is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sunny Sarasota Florida,
Posts: 611
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottness View Post
"Accidentally" thrown away?
lol...clarification... the dental records still exist and float around today... the teeth themselves were thrown away by the wife of the "specialiast" that passed away before finishing his analysis..she realized this all too late... they have never been recovered..so any tests pertaining to the teeth themselves, wouldnt be possible at this point.
  #149  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM
MaryLiz's Avatar
MaryLiz MaryLiz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliottness View Post
http://www.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/98/06/973189P.pdf

I found this document on the Internet. It mentions a Lonnie Henry being one of a group of individuals convicted of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana. In addition he was convicted of criminal forfeiture. He was sentenced to 76 months in prison.
I found something pertaining to this a year or so ago but didn't know if it was from the same family because it involved people in Texas and Missouri. If it is the same family, it could be Lonnie Henry's son. Lonnie Henry, Sr. died in 1982 and these people were arrested in the 1990s.
__________________
Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!



www.findbrianshaffer.com
  #150  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
justthinkin's Avatar
justthinkin justthinkin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,178
Is it normal to extract the teeth of a deceased victim?

Actually, wouldn't the dentist come to the coroner's office to inspect the teeth?

Betcha the skull is now missing too.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6 christine2448 Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976 600 04-04-2014 08:34 AM
Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #5 Richard Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976 435 10-17-2009 10:47 AM
Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #3 christine2448 Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976 538 12-04-2008 09:01 PM
Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #2 Richard Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976 402 07-09-2008 06:08 PM
Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #1 Richard Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976 444 01-12-2008 02:03 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!