GUILTY Canada - Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, murdered, 1993

ITA - as i posted earlier. the details that have emerged are so horrifying and disturbing, why hold a few less important details back? additionally, as i've stated previously as well, a pic of part of leslie in cement was published... if any detail were to be kept from the public, i'd hope it would've been that. these things make me believe there isn't much we haven't heard. of course, i could be wrong.

there used to be a professor in my criminology department who was asked to assist with the bernardo-homolka case (her expertise is in forensics... and her specialty is reconstructing a face from a skull)... she declined. she wanted nothing to do with the case! i wonder if i can track her down and ask her a few questions... she left the university a few years ago but if i can get a hold of her, i'm sure she'll tell me what she knows... (if anyone would have the inside 411, i'd bet on her).

interesting/scary story: one day she told us she knew of a lady who had mentioned that her purse was missing (i have no memory of the details of how it went missing) ... her purse -THAT PURSE!- was found in paul and karla's house when it searched by LE after their killing spree/capture :eek::eek:

!!
That's probably the most terrifying "close call" I can imagine a person having! Goodness!

OMG to all of that !

So part of Leslies body ? what does that mean ? have you seen the photo ? do you have the book ? can you scan and email it to me ? I will pm you my email addy ...

They cut her body up into pieces and encased the body parts in cement. Then they threw the cement-encased body parts into a large lake. This was a week before they got married and then fishermen/boaters? found the cement blocks on Karla & Paul's wedding day.

I haven't seen the pictures, but I thought your question indicated you didn't know that scary fact. so disturbing!!

OMG to all of that !

So part of Leslies body ? YES - read my earlier posts... i mention it
have you seen the photo ? YES
do you have the book ? YES
can you scan and email it to me ? MAYBE :p

Why would they put that in the book ? to sell it ? YES?

or to show how sick they were ? YES?

Wow to your professor - not wanting to touch the case !!! it would be great if you could find her and ask her YES!!!

i'm going to try to sleep... i'll talk to you again soon.

Personally, I think Karla is worse than Paul Bernardo. And I don't think it's unreasonable to contemplate that Karla was pulling the strings more than Paul. She's BAD.

can't sleep LOL

it was paul who committed at least 14 rapes (jane, google "scarborough rapist") b4 he met karla in 1987... she did not commit any crimes against others/sex crimes until he came along... to me, this is important. she wasn't violent/sexually perverse until paul... ??

Does anyone know if her family is supportive of her? I'm just curious, because she killed her sister and all.

From what I've read...yes. Scary. Apparently close to her parents!!! =p

I'll always remember this. Lesley Mahaffy lived just down the street from me and I remember seeing her walk down to the plaza nearby. Bernardo is believed to have been on our street at night as a neighbour's car was broken into and his wallet stolen. Police revealed to him that it was found closeby where the cement pieces with Lesley were found. Obviously he and Karla were cruising our streets at night. Lesley's parents eventually split up.
Karla does not deserve to be free. She is evil.

I'll always remember this. Lesley Mahaffy lived just down the street from me and I remember seeing her walk down to the plaza nearby. Bernardo is believed to have been on our street at night as a neighbour's car was broken into and his wallet stolen. Police revealed to him that it was found closeby where the cement pieces with Lesley were found. Obviously he and Karla were cruising our streets at night. Lesley's parents eventually split up. Karla does not deserve to be free. She is evil.

hi postylyn... welcome to WS! thank you for sharing story about leslie. i'm so sorry your neighborhood was so threatened/terrorized... and for any lingering feelings of sadness, anger, fear, disgust, horror you feel... i can 't even imagine how being in your shoes could feel... (((hugs)))

(i'm now thinking that paul stole that lady's purse i mentioned earlier... )

Does anyone know if her family is supportive of her? I'm just curious, because she killed her sister and all.

i believe karla speaks about this in the interview nancy linked in post #201...

maybe her parents are in some sort of denial that it wasn't karla's "fault"?

i have been doing some research and have found some interesting reading:

1) a 1996 magazine article about a woman who fell in love with bernardo before the killings began who still had feelings for him at the time he was incarcerated... she was still in contact with him when the article was published... i wonder if she still feels the same way?

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=M1ARTM0010982

2) a discussion forum called "watching karla homolka"... lots of info here... articles, photos (except for the one of leslie in cement... it was posted and taken down by admin)...

http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.com/directory

3) thought-provoking thread about who killed leslie and kristen...

http://watchingkarlahomolka.yuku.co...d-again-who-killed-the-girls-my-analysis.html

i have been doing some research and have found some interesting reading:

1) a 1996 magazine article about a woman who fell in love with bernardo before the killings began who still had feelings for him at the time he was incarcerated... she was still in contact with him when the article was published... i wonder if she still feels the same way?

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=M1ARTM0010982

(...)
Thank you for posting this article-- I hadn't seen it. It's interesting that a former girlfriend was able to cajole Bernardo into confessing to the other rapes. I didn't know that!

can't sleep LOL

it was paul who committed at least 14 rapes (jane, google "scarborough rapist") b4 he met karla in 1987... she did not commit any crimes against others/sex crimes until he came along... to me, this is important. she wasn't violent/sexually perverse until paul... ??

And Paul never killed until he met Karla.
Paul Bernardo had a bad childhood and a deeply dysfunctional family (pedophile father, mentally disturbed mother). Karla Homolka, on the other hand, seems to have had a relatively normal and stable upbringing and was never abused as a child. One of the reasons I think Karla is worse than Bernardo is that she had no "reason" to be so depraved and evil. She wasn't damaged during her childhood or raised in a climate of dysfunction and violence. Karla also refuses to accept responsibility for her crimes. She also brutalized her own sister. IMO Bernardo was predisposed to be a monster and Karla chose to be one.

jane, see my responses in purple:

Hey redheadedgirl,

I did want to say that from what I have read and understand about the submissive partners of sexual sadists, it is not uncommon for them to act like they enjoy the brutality they participate in with these partners when, in fact, they do not. This isn't conscious - it's not like they are thinking "boy I better act like I am into this," but a unconscious dynamic of the phenomenon.

Who can say what the case was for Karla. I do think Bernardo controlled her and battered her and was the ringmaster of the terrible crimes they committed. I do believe she was victimized as well. I don't believe this excuses the choices she made. MOO.

Oooh JEEPERS CREEPERS who is that person with her (male) in the photos following the ones about tammy's casket

I do think Bernardo controlled her and battered her and was the ringmaster of the terrible crimes they committed. I do believe she was victimized as well.

i agree... as does the FBI apparently. karla was included in this study of "the disturbed mind: compliant victims of the sexual sadist"... she seems to fit the described profile of such a woman almost perfectly. very interesting research.

http://www.canadiancrc.com/Newspape...Mind_-Compliant_Victims_of_Sexual_Sadist.aspx

jane ~ what are you trying to say about what picture in post #220? LOL

i agree... as does the FBI apparently. karla was included in this study of "the disturbed mind: compliant victims of the sexual sadist"... she seems to fit the described profile of such a woman almost perfectly. very interesting research.

http://www.canadiancrc.com/Newspape...Mind_-Compliant_Victims_of_Sexual_Sadist.aspx

jane ~ what are you trying to say about what picture in post #220? LOL

:blush:

Well it sorta looks like she is um well you know um "getting off" - not literally but falunting it with her hand like that

That there :blush: looks like a flaunting it at everyone photo

I Dont know how to explain it politely

:blush:

I just read that but im confused as it says that it can go both ways and that paul was not a sexual sadist until meeting Karla

So what doest that mean ? she brought it out in him ????????????

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back