AR AR - Cleashindra Hall, 18, Pine Bluff, 9 May 1994

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1056dfar.html
<modsnip>

Cleashindra Denise Hall
Missing since May 9, 1994
from Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: March 30, 1976
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
* Marks, Scars: She has a surgical scar on the outside of her left knee.
* Clothing: A white shirt and shorts set imprinted with navy blue polka
dots on one side and stripes on the other side, white socks, white
tennis shoes, white ponytail holder in hair.
* Jewelry: Small stud earrings.
* Nickname: Clea

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hall was last seen at her work in the vicinity of the 3300 block of Faucett Road in Pine Bluff. She told her family that she would call them when her shift ended for a ride home but never did. Later that evening, her mother phoned her employer and was told that Hall left work at approximately 8:30 pm when her ride arrived. The employer has told police that he saw Hall look out the window around 8:30 and then leave. He assumed her parents picked her up. Hall has not been seen or heard from since. Foul play is suspected.

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2005/12/18/news/news3.txt

POLICE ASK FOR HELP IN PINE BLUFF WOMAN’S DISAPPEARANCE

By Ray King/OF THE COMMERCIAL STAFF
Saturday, December 17, 2005 11:00 PM CST

Police are asking for help in solving the case of a Pine Bluff woman who has been missing for more than 11 years.

“This department is seeking information into the disappearance of Cleashindra Denise Hall,” Lt. Bob Rawlinson said. “All information will be vigorously explored and there is a substantial reward for information leading to the identification, arrest and indictment of anyone involved in Cleashindra’s disappearance.”

Cleashindra Hall was last seen on May 9, 1994, when she reportedly left a house where she had been working about 8:30 p.m.

“This case has been persistently examined and re-examined for the past 11 years and will continue to be open and actively investigated as leads develop in the future,” Rawlinson said. “Detectives have traveled throughout Arkansas as well as several Southern states in search of Cleashindra. Only when Cleashindra Hall is found and the reason for her disappearance revealed will closure come for the case, and most importantly for the family.”

He said the case was opened on the afternoon on May 10, 1994, when Laurell D. Hall contacted police and reported that her 18-year-old daughter did not return from work on May 9.

“On May 11, detectives met with Mr. and Mrs. Hall and then-Police Chief Joe Thomas,” Rawlinson said. “The meeting was to obtain background information on Cleashindra to assist in the investigation.”

The girl did clerical work for Dr. Larry Amos in his office, which is located in his home at 5309 Faucett Road, Rawlinson said.

He said Cleashindra was dropped off at the house between 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., and was wearing a navy blue and white two piece shorts set with large polka dots on the shorts and stripes on the blouse, white socks and tennis shoes, and had a white bow in her hair that was fixed in a short pony tail that day.

“Ms. Hall told detectives that Cleashindra called home shortly after 8 p.m. and asked if anyone had called for her,” Rawlinson said. “It was learned that Cleashindra did this each night and it was not out of the ordinary for her.”

He said the girl would also call home when she finished work so that one of her parents could pick her up.

“Ms. Hall said that Cleashindra did not call back and she (Ms. Hall) fell asleep on the bed,” Rawlinson said.

Laurell Hall told officers she woke up at about 1 a.m. and, after discovering that her daughter was not home, called Amos to see if Cleashindra was still at work.

“Dr. Amos informed Ms. Hall that Cleashindra had left work at approximately 8:30 p.m. the night before, May 9, 1994,” Rawlinson said. “This is the last time anyone was known to have seen or heard from Cleashindra Denise Hall.”

Cleashindra’s mother described the long search for her daughter as “frustrating and stressful” for the family.

“My husband was in the coronary care unit at the hospital recently, and it reminded me of just how short our mortality is,” Laurell Hall said Friday. “He had never been in the hospital overnight in his life, and now he is suffering not just heartache but heart problems.

“We’re still waiting for somebody to come forward with information before we leave this earth,” she said.

Rawlinson said telephone calls and written correspondence with information in the case will be kept strictly confidential.

“Please telephone or come by the Pine Bluff Police Department’s Detective Division, located at 200 E. 8th Ave., or call 870-543-5111 or 870-543-5112,” Rawlinson said.

“They can even write it on a rock and throw it in our yard if they want,” Laurell Hall said.

Clea has been added to Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person program. Please consider helping reunite her with her family by wearing her photo button and sharing her story with others. For more details on how you can make a difference, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Update in 2005 from Pine Bluff Comercial

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2005/12/18/news/news3.txt
&#8220;This case has been persistently examined and re-examined for the past 11 years and will continue to be open and actively investigated as leads develop in the future,&#8221; Rawlinson said. &#8220;Detectives have traveled throughout Arkansas as well as several Southern states in search of Cleashindra. Only when Cleashindra Hall is found and the reason for her disappearance revealed will closure come for the case, and most importantly for the family.&#8221;
&#8220;My husband was in the coronary care unit at the hospital recently, and it reminded me of just how short our mortality is,&#8221; Laurell Hall said Friday. &#8220;He had never been in the hospital overnight in his life, and now he is suffering not just heartache but heart problems.

&#8220;We&#8217;re still waiting for somebody to come forward with information before we leave this earth,&#8221; she said.

Rawlinson said telephone calls and written correspondence with information in the case will be kept strictly confidential.

&#8220;Please telephone or come by the Pine Bluff Police Department&#8217;s Detective Division, located at 200 E. 8th Ave., or call 870-543-5111 or 870-543-5112,&#8221; Rawlinson said.

&#8220;They can even write it on a rock and throw it in our yard if they want,&#8221; Laurell Hall said.

Websleuths Thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33694&highlight=Cleashindra

From cnn.com today:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/07/grace.coldcase.hall/index.html

7 April 09

But all that came to an abrupt halt after 8:30 p.m. May 9, 1994, when she left her after-school job at the home office of Dr. Larry Amos in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. It was the last time she was seen.

She usually called home when finished work, and one of her parents would pick her up. She spoke to her mother on the phone just after 8 p.m. Her mother expected her to call again soon for a ride home. She never did.

Laurell Hall fell asleep waiting for her daughter's call. She awoke abruptly at 1 a.m., realizing that her daughter had not called and had not come home.

Amos, Hall's employer, told police she had left his house at 8: 30 p.m., getting into a car with someone he assumed was giving her a ride.

and

It disturbs Laurell Hall that the home where her daughter was last seen was not searched for nearly two weeks after her daughter vanished.

"I don't understand why police could not search the home immediately to make sure there was no sign of a struggle there," Hall said. "Maybe they would have found her press-on nails or hair extensions there; who knows?"

and

He hinted that police have some idea of what happened to Hall that night but are seeking forensic evidence to support their theory.

and

Cleashindra Hall is black, stands 5'8" tall, weighs 120 pounds and has dark short hair, dark eyes and a surgical scar on her left knee. She was last seen with her hair in a ponytail, wearing a white shirt and short set with navy polka dots and stripes, white socks and small stud earrings.

Police urge anyone with more information regarding the whereabouts of Cleashindra Hall to call the tip line at870-543-5111. More than $10,000 in reward money is offered.

much more at link

pic
art.hall.jpg

From cnn.com today:

7 April 09

But all that came to an abrupt halt after 8:30 p.m. May 9, 1994, when she left her after-school job at the home office of Dr. Larry Amos in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. It was the last time she was seen.

She usually called home when finished work, and one of her parents would pick her up. She spoke to her mother on the phone just after 8 p.m. Her mother expected her to call again soon for a ride home. She never did.

Laurell Hall fell asleep waiting for her daughter's call. She awoke abruptly at 1 a.m., realizing that her daughter had not called and had not come home.

Amos, Hall's employer, told police she had left his house at 8: 30 p.m., getting into a car with someone he assumed was giving her a ride.

and

It disturbs Laurell Hall that the home where her daughter was last seen was not searched for nearly two weeks after her daughter vanished.

"I don't understand why police could not search the home immediately to make sure there was no sign of a struggle there," Hall said. "Maybe they would have found her press-on nails or hair extensions there; who knows?"

and

He hinted that police have some idea of what happened to Hall that night but are seeking forensic evidence to support their theory.

and

Cleashindra Hall is black, stands 5'8" tall, weighs 120 pounds and has dark short hair, dark eyes and a surgical scar on her left knee. She was last seen with her hair in a ponytail, wearing a white shirt and short set with navy polka dots and stripes, white socks and small stud earrings.

Police urge anyone with more information regarding the whereabouts of Cleashindra Hall to call the tip line at870-543-5111. More than $10,000 in reward money is offered.

much more at link

pic
art.hall.jpg

From cnn.com today:

7 April 09

and

and

It would be hard to stomach that her employer's home wasn't searched immediately. He would be my prime suspect. Two weeks is more than enough time to get rid of any evidence.

This was on the news recently.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/sto...ndra-Hall/k1sy7ORdYU29rqUfVMtFDA.cspx?rss=315

I live in the same town. I can remember well when she went missing. This man had all kind of new construction going on immediatley after her disappearance. Many believe that she is in that house somewhere or under the concrete driveway. Sadly, she was not found during the search yesterday. Our local paper stated that cadaver dogs alerted inside the home and outside. They did find some evidence which they are not releasing at this time. I drove past faucett road yesterday and they had it blocked off. People where everywhere.

Cleashindra's parents live just a hop and skip away from his house. After all these years they still have flyers posted outside their home along with pink ribbons on the columns of their home. They have never given up hope. Every year they put an add in the local paper for her. I pray that this family can someday have closure.

Police Search Home for Arkansas Missing Teen

Police obtained a warrant to search an Arkansas man's home for clues into the 1994 disappearance of an 18-year-old woman after someone reported seeing blood at the house, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

Authorities seized four items when they searched Larry Amos' home in Pine Bluff for evidence related to Cleashindra Hall, who was working part-time for Amos doing clerical work and preparing for college. Amos, who hasn't been charged or named a suspect in the case, is the last known person to have seen her.

"We have no viable suspect, and what we're trying to do is narrow down the scope of the investigation," Police Lt. Bob Rawlinson said Tuesday, declining to comment on what police found. "Until we are able to identify a person of interest, everybody associated with the case is (a person of interest)."

According to the court documents, a man who said he did some construction work for Amos in the late 1990s told investigators in January that he spotted blood in the home "like it had been splattered on the insulation." Another man who was hired to fill a hole in Amos' backyard said that "when the wind would blow he could smell an odor unlike anything he has smelled before," according to a summary of a police interview included with the court documents.

Snipped: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765565747/Police-search-home-for-Ark-teen-missing-since-94.html

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/204713/2/New-developments-in-Pine-Bluff-missing-person-case

PINE BLUFF Ark. (KTHV) - A cold case gets a new break. Pine Bluff Officers spent Thursday searching a home in connection with the disappearance of Cleashindra Hall. Her mother sat down with THV's Lauren Scott.

Losing a child is one of the unbearable pains many people face. Laurell Hall is one of them, her daughter disappeared years ago. After years of no leads some new information has surfaced. Hall says it sparked a search at a house they should have combed through in the beginning.

It's a special day in the Hall house. Friday is Cleashindra Hall's 36th birthday. "We do different things, sometimes depending on the day I'll bring a cake to church and we will have birthday cake today I plan to release 36 balloons for her."

But they aren't together to celebrate. Hall disappeared in 1994, reportedly last seen by Dr. Larry Amos, leaving a house he owns. She worked part time while in high school. Hall has now been missing for as long as her parents knew her. "We're just stuck at 18 that girl that I saw walking into her job that last day, that's all I have."

Her mother, LauRell Hall, says Thursday was the first time officers searched the entire house. Pine Bluff P-D says a tip led them to obtain the search warrant for the property.

They brought in cadaver dogs and ground penetrating radar equipment to search the home which is under construction. Crowds gathered at the scene of Thursday's search and Hall appreciates the support-she says thanks to facebook she keeps up with some of her daughter's classmates.

"Even at my job I'll see one occasionally they come in and they've got a baby and I'm thinking where's my baby does she have a baby or something so it does make me happy to see them but sad too because I'm wondering what's going on with her."

Despite the years that have passed with no signs of her daughter-Hall says she lives in her heart and plans to celebrate her birthday and continue the search.

"People think that by talking to me about her it makes us sad but it makes us sad when people don't say anything because it makes us think the only people thinking about Clea is her family and surely there is someone else that she has come in contact with and touched that is thinking about Clea."

We tracked down Dr. Larry Amos but he has no comment on anything, not even what kind of doctor he is. So I called the state medical board to find out what he is licensed in, but they have no record of a Doctor Larry Amos in Pine Bluff.

Amos moved out of the home on Faucett Drive about 16 years ago, but officers say he plans to move back in as soon as the remodeling is finished.

I am leaning towards Amos as the suspect. I doubt she ever left the house. Unfortunately, if they find absolutely nothing, the can't rule out that someone else who gave her a ride did it. She did call home to get a ride, got no answer, so there's a slight possiblity maybe she called someone else.
I would like to add her to my blog I do about cold cases. I write their story, than research theories/leads, and also add my own theory to the end based on the info I research.

I saw Cleashindra's show on TVOne. I think it is pretty obvious that Dr Amos did it. They just need to find a body or more evidence to prove it. I hope they find it soon. Prayers to the family

I'm new to WS- so hello!

A couple of big updates in Clea's case-

Apparently, the investigators forgot to send the evidence obtained during the search of Amos' home- to the State Crime Lab! Mrs. Hall went to a city counsel meeting and asked the Police Chief was was up with the investigation. The Chief said they were patiently waiting for the crime lab to finish the tests. The next day- the crime llab announced they had not received any evidence. So, it was sent then- 40 days after the search.
There was an internal investigation to see what happened and why protocol was broken. But those results are on the Chief's desk- and apparently she NEVER responds to any request from the media.

all of this info is on the new blog. pretty informative.

5/10/12
PINE BLUFF, AR &#8211; 40 days after Pine Bluff Police raided the home of Dr. Larry Amos, looking for clues in the disappearance of Cleashindra Hall, the state crime lab is finally receiving the evidence.

The revelation comes as friends and family members gathered on the 18th anniversary of her disappearance.

The raid of Amos&#8217; home took place on March 29th. Officials at the state crime lab say they received the evidence from the raid on May 8th.

At the Pine Bluff City Council on May 7th, Pine Bluff Police Chief Brenda Davis-Jones was asked by Laurell Hall, Cleashindra&#8217;s mother, for an update on the investigation.

&#8220;We call the crime lab once a week," Davis-Jones replied. "Once they come back, we will be happy to come back and give you the results of the report.&#8221;

Unbeknownst to the Hall family at the time the police chief made those comments, the evidence collected by the police never even made it to crime lab. A spokesperson for the police department said that chief just assumed the evidence had been sent.

"There's some miscommunication and we're checking into it at this time,&#8221; said Captain Greg Shapiro.

The news did not sit well with the Hall family.

"What kind of chief is that that doesn't know, she's assuming. You know why happens when you assume," Hall said. "They're not making asses out of the Hall&#8217;s anymore.&#8221;

Cleashindra&#8217;s mother says she trusted Chief Davis until this moment. Now, she&#8217;s lost faith in her and the department altogether.

"Because I went to the city Council meeting on Monday, now the evidence goes to the crime lab on Tuesday?" Hall said. "C'mon."

Hall says the delay prompts her to seek outside help, to bring closure and justice for her daughter. &#8220;There's some type of cover up going on and I'm not going to have my daughter's life be the cost."
http://www.fox16.com/mostpopular/st...receive-cold-case/CDWZqmJNBEOdizunhOcsDA.cspx

flipflop1982

Home of Dr. Larry Amos- Clea worked in his office doing clerical work- above the garage. He was the last person to see her on May 9th 1994.

Her friend/co-worker last saw Clea around 8:20 when she offered Clea a ride home. Clea decline saying that she was going to walk home (only a half mile away).
According to Dr. Amos- she signed out at 8:30 and he heard the garage door open and her getting into a car....her ride picked her up.

His home wasnt search until almost 18 years after Clea vanished.

He was seen removing missing person fliers that were posted around the neighborhood.

Here are photos of Amos' home/office.
flipflop1982

flipflop1982

flipflop1982

Picture of cops on the scene March 30, 2012
flipflop1982

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics