Zodiac Killer

You may be wrong about Guy Ward Hendrickson. I believe he is Zodiac and he also was a friend of Gareth Penn. Penn declared himself Zodiac in his book "Times 17" he took over as Zodiac after Guy Ward Hendrickson died. It is believed that Penn killed a young couple at Jenner Beach, Calif in 2004 and also killed two women near Seattle, WA in 2006.

You may be wrong about Guy Ward Hendrickson. I believe he is Zodiac and he also was a friend of Gareth Penn. Penn declared himself Zodiac in his book "Times 17" he took over as Zodiac after Guy Ward Hendrickson died. It is believed that Penn killed a young couple at Jenner Beach, Calif in 2004 and also killed two women near Seattle, WA in 2006.

Cluznar,i believe Penn never said that he himself,was the Zodiac.I think he said he was a suspect at one time.(But there is no record of any department ever considering him a suspect)

Also,you are certainly entitled to your opinion about Hendrickson(i dont think he was the Zodiac) You are the 2nd person to tell me that Penn and Hendrickson knew each other.If they did,prove it to me please. I have yet to hear of any direct connection between them,or any relationship.

"Over the years,there has been a surprising number of unsolved murders at beaches in Calif."

How so? Beaches are - at night, when I'm guessing most of these murders occurred:
- generally secluded. Not many people there to see a murderer, or hear a murder in progress.
- dark.
- moreover, I bet the people getting killed are intentionally looking for someplace secluded and away from others - lovers, or people who just need some time alone, night or day.

Beaches are a good spot for a serial killer to prey on others.

It's also a good spot to catch and kill your SO and their partner if you catch them cheating on you. "Must've been that thar Zodiac killer!"
- generally

"Over the years,there has been a surprising number of unsolved murders at beaches in Calif."

How so? Beaches are - at night, when I'm guessing most of these murders occurred:
- generally secluded. Not many people there to see a murderer, or hear a murder in progress.
- dark.
- moreover, I bet the people getting killed are intentionally looking for someplace secluded and away from others - lovers, or people who just need some time alone, night or day.

Beaches are a good spot for a serial killer to prey on others.

It's also a good spot to catch and kill your SO and their partner if you catch them cheating on you. "Must've been that thar Zodiac killer!"
- generally

That's the thing,there is no motive,no robbery,no rape,nothing. The common thing is that these people are killed for no reason.That's what makes it seem like they could all be Zodiac victims(or that of a second serial killer)

That's the thing,there is no motive,no robbery,no rape,nothing. The common thing is that these people are killed for no reason.That's what makes it seem like they could all be Zodiac victims(or that of a second serial killer)

Or a series of serial killers, it doesn't have to be one.

Serial killers generall either kill people who won't be missed or can otherwise be explained away (prostitutes, runaways, transients) or kill in an area where they won't get caught. If a killer tends towards the latter - lurking on a beach at night, especially in California, is something more than one killer is going to think of.

Or a series of serial killers, it doesn't have to be one.

Serial killers generall either kill people who won't be missed or can otherwise be explained away (prostitutes, runaways, transients) or kill in an area where they won't get caught. If a killer tends towards the latter - lurking on a beach at night, especially in California, is something more than one killer is going to think of.

You are right,but some of these attacks are on the same beaches.I would find it unlikely that there are more than one serial killers on one beach at a given time.And you are right about some of these victims being "unmissed",but many of these people were NOT those types of people,(take for example the christian couple)they were in many cases,just in the wrong place at the wrong time.Some were simply sleeping in sleeping bags. When you are murdered in your sleeping bag,and not robbed or sexually assaulted,then there are two options.
1-Someone who had a beef with you killed you(unlikely)
2-Someone killed you for the plain old THRILL of it

Zodiac Claim to be Questioned By SF Police

A woman who in late April stood in front of dozens of people and claimed her father was the infamous Zodiac killer will be questioned by the San Francisco Police Department on Wednesday.

and

Perez said she saw a composite sketch of the Zodiac killer in August 2007 and recognized the man as her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, who died in 1983.

San Francisco police Lt. Michael Staskos has reportedly received information from forensic experts who say handwriting, psychological and DNA evidence link Perez to her involvement in the Zodiac case and will question her Wednesday.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Zodiac-Claim-to-be-Questioned-By-SF-Police.html

Zodiac Claim to be Questioned By SF Police

A woman who in late April stood in front of dozens of people and claimed her father was the infamous Zodiac killer will be questioned by the San Francisco Police Department on Wednesday.

and

Perez said she saw a composite sketch of the Zodiac killer in August 2007 and recognized the man as her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, who died in 1983.

San Francisco police Lt. Michael Staskos has reportedly received information from forensic experts who say handwriting, psychological and DNA evidence link Perez to her involvement in the Zodiac case and will question her Wednesday.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Zodiac-Claim-to-be-Questioned-By-SF-Police.html

We will see,I will be shocked if she telling the truth

We will see,I will be shocked if she telling the truth

morf, do you read this the same way I do?

SAN FRANCISCO — A woman who in late April stood in front of dozens of people and claimed her father was the infamous Zodiac killer will be questioned by the San Francisco Police Department on Wednesday after DNA evidence linked her to the famous case.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12589866

It sounds as though they are implying that there truly is DNA evidence linking Perez (and her father) to Z's DNA (presumably from the stamps).

This would be the first I've heard of this..unless I'm totally misinterpreting the article.

morf, do you read this the same way I do?

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12589866

It sounds as though they are implying that there truly is DNA evidence linking Perez (and her father) to Z's DNA (presumably from the stamps).

This would be the first I've heard of this..unless I'm totally misinterpreting the article.

Like I said,i will be surprised.But with that being said,I wonder what peeked their interest to look deeper into her stepdad. Just like i wondered why they looked so long into Jack Tarrance,when his stepson presented "evidence". You would think that they could quickly rule out some of these people. So it makes me wonder if there is something there.

ZODIAC Letter to the FBI...Take a look,do you think this is authentic?
The first letter is a verified letter from Zodiac. The second letter is a letter to the FBI that i found in their declassified files,along with a copy of the return envelope.The return address is blacked out,but the city it is post marked from is there,but hard to read.

I personally believe that the lower case letter "d" is a spot on match in both letters.The way it leans to the right,and has a bit of a loop at the top. In addition,in the letter to the FBI,he crosses out a word that looks like the word PUTTING,and writes over top of it the word ESTABLISHING. Zodiac on more than one occasion crossed out a word,and wrote another word over top of it.I also went on to read the following from the FBI regarding this letter:
"These are letters received in the Zodiac case.It has not been definately established that all of these letters were written by the Zodiac"
Also if you look on the envelope that the letter was sent in to the FBI,the lower case letter "f" looks alot like Zodiac's as well. The envelope was addressed and mailed to the FBI office in Boston. And the return address as i said is blacked out but the postmark is visible,but hard to read.If anyone here is computer savy and could enlarge it and clean it up,it would be much appreciated.I wish i could determine who the letter is from.From the subject matter in the letter,it almost sounds like an investiagtor communicating with the FBI office, or a citizen trying to give the FBI some info,but there is no way to determine where/who sent it with the return address blacked out.I wish i could make out the postmark.Since it is 11 years after the last confirmed Zodiac attack,the postmark could be important if it is from another city or state,showing that perhaps Zodiac moved.

I think i know why the letter may have been sent to the office in Boston,and that makes me think of one person that may have written it to the Boston FBI,but i will not comment on it here at this time.

Please give your opinions on the samples when compared to each other. Do we have any hand writing experts here?

Any handwriting experts here that can look at this handwriting?

If this really checks out and the DNA is a match as the article seems to indicate there are going to be a lot of people eating some Crow for all the slanderous things written about this woman.

Tom Voight - who seems more and more to me like a Zodiac Groupie than anything.

Graysmith- even though I have never heard him quoted as saying anything about this claim, he made quite a career for himself based on ALA being Z.

Dennis Kauffman - I thought he had some pretty compelling evidence proving his step dad as Zodiac but DNA would trump circumstantial evidence.

Many writers on blogs and crime posts - I haven't read very many people giving this woman support. I myself was skeptical as well, but hey, if it turns out she has the answers then great, one of the most maddening cases in American Crime could be solved.

I personally didn't think this case would get solved, but here is hoping it does, finally.

Miles - full disclosure, I also post at ZK.com and tend to favor Gaikowski among the existing suspects, although would lean towards Z being an unsub.

I have a great deal of respect for Steve Huff and would merely say that I'm not convinced by Debbie Perez at all:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/05/deborah_perez_and_the_zodiacjf.php

To re-quote M William Phelps:

The chances of her being the Zodiac's daughter are a million to one--the chances of her being both JFK's daughter and the Zodiac's daughter are a gazillion to none

Of course if she is telling the truth then those kinds of memories will probably give you psychological problems, not to mention the disadvantage of sharing DNA with a serial killer in the first place. Nonetheless she, like Kaufman, seems to be too keen on the publicity and not keen enough on cooperating with LE to make me feel that she's just a little too hysterical to be credible.

Oh and have you heard about Pacific High School Zodiac? It clearly needs investigating even if I am not the guy to do it.

none of the rest of it means anything if there is a DNA link between her and the Zodiac. that is hard science and proof that she is involved in some way, even it is as benign as writing letters for her step dad and licking the stamps. it doesn't matter how big a kook she is if it all matches scientifically, and judging from the story (i'm basing all this on that one story) the SFPD have made some sort of match.

gaikowski makes a good circumstantial fit, just like ALA, and countless others, but science will solve this, not a pretty theory. and as many coincidences as there are to point to kauffman, gaikowski, ALA, or the Easter Bunny, DNA will be the deciding factor. If it matches her, then look out, Zodiac may truly be unmasked.

I wonder what Tom Voight and Dennis Kauffman will do next if it is?

I doubt very much that Perez licked the stamps - if the DNA was female, I guess we'd know about it.

I don't know but I suspect that the DNA story comes from this press release which only confirms that DP is to be questioned and reasserts some of her existing claims.

The "nation's top [unnamed] experts" have endorsed her findings (including DNA) but the release ends by saying ""The proof will be in the forensic evidence and DNA once Deborah has her chance to have it analyzed." In other words there's not been an analysis yet and SFPD is calling her in either so they can avoid looking unconcerned by the case or possibly to pursue her for filing a false report.

I agree that if there is a match, it'll be big news (assuming that fewer than say, 1,000 people in a population of a few million could share those DNA markers).

Weird. I wonder if this is another case of shoddy reporting, since the link from Mr. E states that "No DNA or fingerprints were presented by Perez, but she plans to get forensic tests to prove her claim that she has the glasses of the Zodiac's last official victim, cab driver Paul Stine."
Ok, so there is no proof, as of yet, according to this.

Yet on Monday, SewingDeb provided a link, and from there: "San Francisco police Lt. Michael Staskos has reportedly received information from forensic experts who say handwriting, psychological and DNA evidence link Perez to her involvement in the Zodiac case and will question her Wednesday." Supposedly she was present at one murder and mailed a few of the letters, which meant she licked them and mailed them. That would link her, and hence her father, to this. So which is it??

Unfortunately the claims by those who have mental or emotional troubles are many times dismissed without much investigation (aka The Boy in the Box case, where I truely feel the woman who came forward with information was telling the truth). Of course, they are often dismissed for very good reasons--sadly there are attention-seekers or ones whose illness is causing people to have bizarre delusions. So I will be very interested to see where this goes. If there is forensic evidence and IF she can produce other things, such as the glasses, then they can work backwards to make everything fit. I too admit it sounds like someone who is ill is making outrageous claims but....who knows? RIght now I'd like to know which report is right, if there truely is DNA linking her or not.

I doubt very much that Perez licked the stamps - if the DNA was female, I guess we'd know about it.
Would we though? If I'm mistaken, please forgive me but has it been the assumption it's been male this whole time? Has it ever been said that it was male DNA on the envelopes? IIRC, all I've heard is that there is some DNA on the envelopes that didn't match any known suspects (or it could have been a known suspect with someone else licking it). Perhaps it's just always been an assumption, or kept out of the public in case someone came and broke the case with knowing something that only the killer or someone closely aquainted would know.

Fragile - good point and that would actually provide a reason for SFPD to take Perez seriously. As stated above though I think the reporters have reworded the press release to make it more readable and in doing so have created a story about a DNA match where none exists (but the release is designed to provoke just that).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back