MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

My hinky meter went off when I saw AB so emotional about Nevaeh in front of the cameras. I remember thinking if your son is upset and confused then you should be comforting him and not be in front of the cameras. Children get more upset when their parents are having emotional outbursts.

Hi Gypsy gal, Somehow I missed this guy. Have they taken carpet samples from his apt? Do you have a photo of him? xox

ETA: Oops, I found it right above!

"You deserve everything this little girl has gotten", a strange thing for Mr Baker to say! I wonder how he knew she ate her last meal at 3:30 with his family? I thought she went missing early evening?

Hi Gypsy gal, Somehow I missed this guy. Have they taken carpet samples from his apt? Do you have a photo of him? xox

AaronBakeralone.jpg

and yes, carpet samples have been taken from his apt.

and yes, carpet samples have been taken from his apt.

Isn't it true that carpet samples have been taken from other tenants' apartments as well, including the apartment where Nevaeh lived with her mom and grandma?

My understanding is that the same color / type of carpet is uniform throughout the complex but maybe I misread something? Even if it's true that the same color / type carpet is used throughout the complex, that doesn't mean the carpet fibers would be uniform.

Although the management / owners of the building may have ordered the carpet from the same source, not every carpet would necessarily have the same 'scientific' markers. Every lot of carpet would be just a bit different, imo.

I'm not totally convinced that LE has singled AB out. I think it's likely they're attempting to compare the carpet fibers in his apartment to those in the apartment Nevaeh lived in. :confused:

RE: The upstairs neighbor, Mr. Baker.

Was Austin's mother home at 3:30pm?

Baker is the step-father, correct?

Of course LE will be looking at this man and the apartment, he is the last adult person, other than JB, known to have seen NB.

I don't think there is anything "hinkey" about him being upset over MB's disappearance. I would be too under the same circumstances.

Isn't it true that carpet samples have been taken from other tenants' apartments as well, including the apartment where Nevaeh lived with her mom and grandma?

My understanding is that the same color / type of carpet is uniform throughout the complex but maybe I misread something? Even if it's true that the same color / type carpet is used throughout the complex, that doesn't mean the carpet fibers would be uniform.

Although the management / owners of the building may have ordered the carpet from the same source, not every carpet would necessarily have the same 'scientific' markers. Every lot of carpet would be just a bit different, imo.

I'm not totally convinced that LE has singled AB out. I think it's likely they're attempting to compare the carpet fibers in his apartment to those in the apartment Nevaeh lived in. :confused:

Hi Magic Eyes, I bet they took fibers from her home as a control measure to first compare what was found under her nails and then work out to other units where she had been. xox

ETA: Oops, I found it right above!

"You deserve everything this little girl has gotten", a strange thing for Mr Baker to say! I wonder how he knew she ate her last meal at 3:30 with his family? I thought she went missing early evening?

I imagine he knows that Nevaeh had her last meal with them at 3:30 because Jennifer has said that she did not feed Nevaeh after that.

I don't think that was a strange thing for Mr. Baker to say at all. I've expressed the same sentiment - these child molesters and murderers should suffer the same torture that they inflicted on their victims.

If LE had any reason to believe that this man is a suspect they would not leave him in that apartment with children. I really wish people would leave him and his family alone and let them grieve in peace.

RE: The upstairs neighbor, Mr. Baker.

I don't think there is anything "hinkey" about him being upset over MB's disappearance. I would be too under the same circumstances.

Hi DotsEyes,

I agree with you, FWIW. I suppose it's the nature of a crime forum that some people are going to look at every single person with suspicion.

I haven't done a lot of reading on this particular thread, but I'm familiar with the case, nonetheless, because of my proximity to the area.

I think, initially, most of us thought this case would be a 'slam dunk' with one of JB's RSO buddies being the culprit. With each passing day, I'm doubting that to be the case, though.

I'm just a bit astonished that some people posting are putting out names and links to people that very likely have nothing to do with the case. Sorry if that upsets anyone. JMO.

I imagine he knows that Nevaeh had her last meal with them at 3:30 because Jennifer has said that she did not feed Nevaeh after that.

I don't think that was a strange thing for Mr. Baker to say at all. I've expressed the same sentiment - these child molesters and murderers should suffer the same torture that they inflicted on their victims.

If LE had any reason to believe that this man is a suspect they would not leave him in that apartment with children. I really wish people would leave him and his family alone and let them grieve in peace.
Over time, as I have observed various discussions of various cases a common theme seems to have developed.

Once a conclusion is reached that any particular person may be guilty it is often quite impossible for that person to say or do anything which isn't regarded as suspicious.

If they are emotional then somehow they are too emotional. If not, then they aren't showing enough. Any statement made will somehow be suspicious, and any lack of suspicious behavior is proof of what excellent actors sociopaths are.

This sort of assessment will continue unabated until the next target is fixated upon.

Hi Magic Eyes, I bet they took fibers from her home as a control measure to first compare what was found under her nails and then work out to other units where she had been. xox

Thanks, scandi. :) I agree that carpet fibers have been taken from more than one apartment in the complex.

My point is that just because LE took carpet fibers from AB's apartment doesn't necessarily mean that LE has determined that he's the prime suspect.

I appreciate your taking time to respond to my post! I think everyone who's posted to this thread wants to see the murderer of this poor baby arrested. I just don't think it's productive for some to post names and give links to those names when even LE hasn't announced whom they actually suspect.

As I mentioned in another post, I suppose it's the nature of a crime forum for everyone (or nearly everyone) to be suspicious of anyone living within a certain mile radius of that poor baby.

I guess I'm not used to this type of forum where people are willing to post names and links to people's myspace or facebook pages without irrefutable evidence that these people actually had something to do with the crime.

Maybe I'm just naive despite my (cough) rather advanced age, though. :)

Hi DotsEyes,

I agree with you, FWIW. I suppose it's the nature of a crime forum that some people are going to look at every single person with suspicion.

I haven't done a lot of reading on this particular thread, but I'm familiar with the case, nonetheless, because of my proximity to the area.

I think, initially, most of us thought this case would be a 'slam dunk' with one of JB's RSO buddies being the culprit. With each passing day, I'm doubting that to be the case, though.

I'm just a bit astonished that some people posting are putting out names and links to people that very likely have nothing to do with the case. Sorry if that upsets anyone. JMO.

Hi Magic Eyes, DotsEyes and ChillyWilly, I appreciate your viewpoint and do agree it can get carried away.

Here as sleuthers we try to leave no stone unturned and so in mentioning someone like this we usually don't use full names. It is why here I would say Mr Baker.

I do feel there is a reason for us to look at this man. We have no idea if he is involved or not. But in this murder investigation LE has taken samples from his carpet - which would not be control samples. And he was also one of the very last people to see Nevaeh alive.

On those two counts I think we are well within reason to take a look at him. xox

Over time, as I have observed various discussions of various cases a common theme seems to have developed.

Once a conclusion is reached that any particular person may be guilty it is often quite impossible for that person to say or do anything which isn't regarded as suspicious.

If they are emotional then somehow they are too emotional. If not, then they aren't showing enough. Any statement made will somehow be suspicious, and any lack of suspicious behavior is proof of what excellent actors sociopaths are.

This sort of assessment will continue unabated until the next target is fixated upon.

Thank you, fortytwo! You managed to say exactly what I was thinking but I couldn't find the right words.

Thanks, scandi. :) I agree that carpet fibers have been taken from more than one apartment in the complex.

My point is that just because LE took carpet fibers from AB's apartment doesn't necessarily mean that LE has determined that he's the prime suspect.

I appreciate your taking time to respond to my post! I think everyone who's posted to this thread wants to see the murderer of this poor baby arrested. I just don't think it's productive for some to post names and give links to those names when even LE hasn't announced whom they actually suspect.

As I mentioned in another post, I suppose it's the nature of a crime forum for everyone (or nearly everyone) to be suspicious of anyone living within a certain mile radius of that poor baby.

I guess I'm not used to this type of forum where people are willing to post names and links to people's myspace or facebook pages without irrefutable evidence that these people actually had something to do with the crime.

Maybe I'm just naive despite my (cough) rather advanced age, though. :)

Hi Magic Eyes, I just saw your new post and must say I do like the way you make a presentation here ;} And you couldn't be much older than lil 'ole me! LOLOLOL

I still think LE wouldn't have taken samples from his carpet unless they had a reason. And he probably isn't involved at all. If LE has overtly put him in the picture by cutting out a piece of his carpet, that is a red flag for most sleuthers.

I'll balance that out with another example where I felt the person should not have been posted about on our forum with the info we had.

We were told this person didn't like a little girl who has gone missing, Lindsey Baum. This person's info was posted and the poster took care to camoflage the name. But this person's address was written right out there which I felt was wrong to do.

In that case I as a poster here didn't think the possibility this person didn't like her and happened to live close to a street where she might have passed by on her way home, a valild reason to expose that person as was done.

I think we need to take this carefully, individual by individual. And when it is warranted and TOS is maintained, we also know WS sleuthers will turn over even the tiniest stone to see if something is lurking beneath. xox

Thanks again, Scandi for taking time to respond to my confusion in such a detailed way.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I have some comprehension issues. I have medical issues that leave me in constant pain, and my physical pain leaves me kinda 'out of it' for a good portion of the day and night.

I'm still trying to get used to how much smarter all of the rest of you are than me. I do appreciate the patience some of you show toward me, but I still struggle with how much info some people are posting about others that most likely have nothing to do with Neveah's disappearance.

Again, I appreciate your time and patience. Thank you, again. :)

Hi Magic Eyes, I just saw your new post and must say I do like the way you make a presentation here ;} And you couldn't be much older than lil 'ole me! LOLOLOL

I still think LE wouldn't have taken samples from his carpet unless they had a reason. And he probably isn't involved at all. If LE has overtly put him in the picture by cutting out a piece of his carpet, that is a red flag for most sleuthers.

I'll balance that out with another example where I felt the person should not have been posted about on our forum with the info we had.

We were told this person didn't like a little girl who has gone missing, Lindsey Baum. This person's info was posted and the poster took care to camoflage the name. But this person's address was written right out there which I felt was wrong to do.

xox

Hi again, Scandi!

But that's what I'm trying to convey in my own way. When a person's address is posted without absolute proof that the person was involved in the crime, that doesn't sit well with me.

Those kinds of actions taint the real investigation and prejudice other people into believing what someone might post without solid evidence.

I'm not trying to be difficult or confrontational here, but many months before I registered here at WS, I remember seeing an episode of NG.

The focus of that particular episode of NG was that a poster from WS had made public some YouTube videos regarding the Caylee Anthony case. Supposedly (from what I heard on NG), was that a poster on WS had saved the YouTube videos for altruistic purposes. She then posted them claiming she only saved them so that KC couldn't later sell them.

The consensus on NG and her talking heads was that the poster from WS had done more for the defense rather than the prosecution since the YouTube videos that were saved and posted actually portrayed KC as sympathetic and loving toward Caylee.

I just hate to see evidence tainted in either direction. JMO, as usual.

Hi again, Scandi!

But that's what I'm trying to convey in my own way. When a person's address is posted without absolute proof that the person was involved in the crime, that doesn't sit well with me.

Those kinds of actions taint the real investigation and prejudice other people into believing what someone might post without solid evidence.

I'm not trying to be difficult or confrontational here, but many months before I registered here at WS, I remember seeing an episode of NG.

The focus of that particular episode of NG was that a poster from WS had made public some YouTube videos regarding the Caylee Anthony case. Supposedly (from what I heard on NG), was that a poster on WS had saved the YouTube videos for altruistic purposes. She then posted them claiming she only saved them so that KC couldn't later sell them.

The consensus on NG and her talking heads was that the poster from WS had done more for the defense rather than the prosecution since the YouTube videos that were saved and posted actually portrayed KC as sympathetic and loving toward Caylee.

I just hate to see evidence tainted in either direction. JMO, as usual.

On that we do agree. And I still think there has to be something pertinent or possibly relating to the case to bring someone into our discussions here.

RSO's, I have no problem bring them here to discuss in a missing child case and we usually still use their initials. They are one exception I agree with, and usually LE has already had them in the box anyway regarding the case.

I am sorry about your pain Magic Eyes and am glad to see you here at Websleuths. xox

I very well remember the name of the WS poster who was interviewed on NG and claimed she had 'saved' the YouTube videos so that KC could never profit from them.

This same person has insinuated herself into the NB case in an ugly way. My point is this: Some people who claim to be 'websleuths' do far more harm than good.

I'll shut up for now unless someone requests that I share further opinions on how this one person has confounded and confused issues in more than one case. :)

Hi Magic Eyes, DotsEyes and ChillyWilly, I appreciate your viewpoint and do agree it can get carried away.

Here as sleuthers we try to leave no stone unturned and so in mentioning someone like this we usually don't use full names. It is why here I would say Mr Baker.

I do feel there is a reason for us to look at this man. We have no idea if he is involved or not. But in this murder investigation LE has taken samples from his carpet - which would not be control samples. And he was also one of the very last people to see Nevaeh alive.

On those two counts I think we are well within reason to take a look at him. xox

If LE had shown up at Baker's apartment with a search warrant for the carpet fibers, that would make me very suspicious. However, that's not what happened. LE took samples from many apartments. The samples were freely given by the tenants. Baker freely gave a sample. I'm sure he's willing to do whatever he can to help find the killer of his son's best friend. Unless and until LE states that he's a person of interest, and I don't believe they will, we should leave him alone, IMO.

On that we do agree. And I still think there has to be something pertinent or possibly relating to the case to bring someone into our discussions here.

I am sorry about your pain Magic Eyes and am glad to see you here at Websleuths. xox

Thanks again, Scandi for your kind words. I still will never reconcile people on a forum (albeit a crime forum) for making blatant accusations against people who probably don't have anything at all to with the publicized crime.

Like I said in an earlier post, WAY before I ever registered to post here, I heard a member of WS interviewed on NG. This person claimed she had 'preserved' YouTube videos of KC with Caylee in order to prevent KC from later selling the vids.

The bottom line from NG and her talking heads was that the 'revelation' of these 'secret videos' was that they helped the defense more than the prosecution.

It's just unbelievable to me that some people who think they're 'helping' actually do more harm than good.

And since I've registered to post here, I've never seen that woman apologize for helping the defense more than the prosecution. She seems comfortable with her decision even though it's likely that KC will be seen as more involved and sympathetic in the eyes of potential jurists than she would have been seen if this ONE person on WS hadn't had to claim a bit of fame for herself.

If LE had shown up at Baker's apartment with a search warrant for the carpet fibers, that would make me very suspicious. However, that's not what happened. LE took samples from many apartments. The samples were freely given by the tenants. Baker freely gave a sample. I'm sure he's willing to do whatever he can to help find the killer of his son's best friend. Unless and until LE states that he's a person of interest, and I don't believe they will, we should leave him alone, IMO.

That is an interesting point Chilly as it is not the way LE usually works in a murder case.

I guess I missed that he gave the sample willingly w/out a SW. I don't however think he would have to be a POI in order for them to collect evidence from him. It would seem there would be cause for a warrant for his apt just because he was one of the last to see her and his carpet must be similar to the fibres. If the fibers matched then I would think he could become a POI.

I'm going to have to go back and read the article, as I assumed these would be warranted searches and by the book in trying to match a few fibres to find her killer. xox

ChillyWilly,

Thank you! That's been exactly what I've said all along. I know that some of the 'sleuths' here think they know more, or have better info than LE, but I'm tired of the self-importance that some seem to display.

It offends me that some people are willing to draw conclusions based on pics that 'look like' someone else and then proclaim that the resemblance means a direct connection to the crime.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this kind of forum. I only joined to post on the MJ threads, after all. But after seeing the Nevaeh thread, I stupidly posted on this board as well since I'm in such close proximity to the area.

I guess I'm just not willing to assign blame to neighbors as readily as some posters here are willing to assign it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back