Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial

Notices

Currently Awaiting Trial Where the suspects are in jail, awaiting the start of the trial

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBugSTL View Post
Good morning! I've not seen anything new as of yet either......I did not want to go to sleep last night, certain that something would break soon. I'm thinking it's only a bit after 9 there now - mayhaps they waited until daybreak to continue......

I just realized that if the presser is still on schedule for noon today I have to wait til 1 here! Guess if I'm running errands - going to get 'em done before then.
Went to bed really late/early...couldn't sleep...got up as soon as it got light out. Robert and the six year old beaten to death in L.A. are heavy on my mind.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Justice For Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana at Heart View Post
I read somewhere this am and now I can't find the link so maybe someone can help me. Robert dad had another wife that killed thier 4 year old son.

What a sad world for this man and where is Robert???
Here you go;

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsup...ry/848900.html
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyBugSTL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Nothing new yet, but I'm still trying to make sense of the Wallis interview. He reported the vehicle stolen before he left for a "weekend away" and then just found it when he returned. Maybe it's the reporter's awkward style of writing, but it just doesn't add up. Was the vehicle parked in the driveway when he "found it"? Did he check with police while he was away? If my car was stolen, I wouldn't feel real comfortable just leaving since the thieves could return. Especially when the thieves apparently entered the house to get the keys.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to UnderDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 AM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDog View Post
Nothing new yet, but I'm still trying to make sense of the Wallis interview. He reported the vehicle stolen before he left for a "weekend away" and then just found it when he returned. Maybe it's the reporter's awkward style of writing, but it just doesn't add up. Was the vehicle parked in the driveway when he "found it"? Did he check with police while he was away? If my car was stolen, I wouldn't feel real comfortable just leaving since the thieves could return. Especially when the thieves apparently entered the house to get the keys.
Idaho's explanation the last page over was more logical than what Wallis said, IMO.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:48 AM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/852598.html

The man whose Boise home and yard were being searched Friday night for evidence related to Robert Manwill's disappearance says he knows the 8-year-old's family but has no idea what may have happened to him.

Evan Wallis told the Idaho Statesman that he doesn't know what police are looking for at his rental home in the 6600 block of Southdale Avenue, near Five Mile Road in Southwest Boise.

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Justice For Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
Thank you, Kimster - I hear you. It makes me all the madder when I look back on my journey. It took me 32 years to conceive my beautiful (now 12 YO son), then a devestating loss of #2, then pre-cancer made me lose all my reproductive parts.

These horrid horrid people, have beautiful babies, but they don't care. If I can save one child in my lifetime, my job here is done.

Bless,

Mel
O/T
{{{Bless you mgardner & Kimster!!}}} I agree 1000% !! Children are gifts from God, they are priceless and should be cherished, every single *day! I was lucky enough to have been blessed w/the honor of being the mother of a very special little boy (My Mikey, my "Resident Angel") and I had him here with me on this Earth for 11 1/2 years. After his passing, the only 2 things that kept me going were my other 2 children, and the fact that I knew I'd see him again someday.

When I see cases like this - where it seems like children are being "discarded" as if they are nothing......it's incomprehensible to me.. .when, there are so many people out there who would *love to have a child and cannot, or find it difficult to do so....and - those of us who would give *anything for just another minute with little ones we have lost .... we know all too well just how precious and fragile life is!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to give children a world as perfect as they initially believe it to be?????? That's why I help....I have to.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyBugSTL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:51 AM

From the above article...

"Police plan a news conference at noon Saturday to update the public."

RIP Travis Alexander
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paintr For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDog View Post
Yep, my hinky meter is off the charts!!

Quote:
Wallis said the police were digging up his backyard after bloodhounds picked up a scent at his house.
Quote:
"It makes me sick to know this is going down at my house right now," he said. "I didn't do nothing back there. I'm not going to say for the record nothing's back there because I don't know. Maybe something did happen along the lines when I was out of town."
But, I read somewhere a quote from the person who is renting the house, but I can't find it now. Does he live there?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
Yep, my hinky meter is off the charts!!

But, I read somewhere a quote from the person who is renting the house, but I can't find it now. Does he live there?
This article contains statements from the man who owns the rental house and from his statements it kind of seems to me like he lives there, but I don't know. Is this what you're thinking of, though? http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepie...ry/852598.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Semper Fi

Finally some updates. Nothing new really. Some details on the backyard search.

http://blogs.ktvb.com/breaking/2009/...ll-was-in.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Semper Fi

Someone remind me of what the color of evidence flags mean. CSI techs have put red ones out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM
WS Administrator

Anyone have handy links to the news stations that will be covering the press conference today?

TIA,

Salem
Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 PM
WS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
Someone remind me of what the color of evidence flags mean. CSI techs have put red ones out.
I didn't know the color signified anything. I thought they just used whatever color they had

I'll see if Wiki tells us anything...

Salem
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:27 PM

I think it is important to note that LE took dogs to the apartment. I thought quite possibly cadaver dogs if blood had been found from the luminol. That too is still very possible in my mind. Dogs not dog was reported. I learned a lot about these dogs during the Laci Peterson case.The blood hounds are typically used as trailing dogs to pick up on skin rafts to trail that person. I could go on and on about these dogs, accuracy, history, etc. But what occurred to me last night was the report that a blood hound took LE to that house. Thanks to everyone here that did the location research we know the house is approx. 8.5 miles from the apt. I find that incredible. Wallis that is a friend of the brother of the mothers BF says the last time he saw Robert was at the bf's brothers place. Therefore the trail wouldn't be from a recent visit to Wallis house so why did the dog track to 8 miles away to this guys house? Thoughts?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to strach304 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
I didn't know the color signified anything. I thought they just used whatever color they had

I'll see if Wiki tells us anything...

Salem
Thanks, let me know. I remember in the Caylee Anthony case each color had a significants. I know that TES uses certain colors for certain things. I just don't remember what it was.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:33 PM
WS Administrator

Found updated article - says search resumed about 7:00 this morning: http://blogs.ktvb.com/breaking/2009/...ll-was-in.html

Salem
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:37 PM
WS Administrator

SusieQ - found several sites that sell the flags in up to 7 different colors. Some sites only sell the yellow flags. I think it is probably up to each department to determine if they color code and what each color means. I think at this point, if Boise has only used red flags, they don't have a color system.

If they put up different colors, I'll go looking again. For now though, I'm not finding any "standard" for the colors.

Salem
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Semper Fi

Should I start a new thread before the presser? Or are we ok going more pages?
The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
this is not what Haleigh would have wanted

Quote:
Suspect Misdirection of the Investigation. The crime scene often will contain these red flags in the form of crime scene inconsistencies. Red flags are normally used when staging is invoved in a crime......trying to lead a murder or crime in another direction.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
Anyone have handy links to the news stations that will be covering the press conference today?

TIA,

Salem
Hi Salem,
Try this link. I believe they aired yesterday's presser here.

http://www.fox12idaho.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
This article contains statements from the man who owns the rental house and from his statements it kind of seems to me like he lives there, but I don't know. Is this what you're thinking of, though? http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepie...ry/852598.html
Thanks, KC -

It was an article that quoted a lady who currently lived in the house who also knows Robert's family? Off to search for it
Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 PM
WS Administrator

Lets start a new thread. Maybe we can get some of the live news links in the first post for easy access?

Thanks!

Salem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
dr dona

Holy Crap! Mom was fined 75.50 for fracturing her baby's skull. Probation for 2 years. You pay a bigger fine in Iowa for not wearing a seat belt. That's nuts!!!!!!!!! Robert deserved better than this!!!! I wonder iuf bio dad even knew about this?????
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr dona For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Finally some updates. Nothing new really. Some details on the backyard search.

http://blogs.ktvb.com/breaking/2009/...ll-was-in.html
Quote:
UPDATE - 10:04pm: Ada County Sheriff's Deputies and Boise Police Officers spent Friday evening searching a home on Southdale St. near Five Mile and Lake Hazel. Officials received a search warrant, and began looking through the scene at 6:15 p.m.

The people who rented the home spoke exclusively to KTVB and said they knew the Manwill family, but would not elaborate further.

Officers began searching the backyard of the home, including an RV and car. The search also focused on an area of disturbed earth. Equipment from Boise State University was brought in - which was said to be sonar.
Snipped and bolded by me - this is what I was talking about. Thanks, Suzi!!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
From the article:
Evan Wallis told the Idaho Statesman that he doesn't know what police are looking for at his rental home in the 6600 block of Southdale Avenue, near Five Mile Road in Southwest Boise.

This is what I mean by "awkward" style of writing. the article originally gave me the impression that Wallis was renting the house TO someone, but in the next few paragraphs it reads as if he is renting FROM someone. From court records, he and a Jennifer W. are closely associated. Jennifer W. comes up on a reverse address lookup for the 6600 block of Southdale Ave.

From the article:
He said he and his wife have been re-doing their backyard, planting grass and adding a sandbox. He said he did not notice any disturbances in the backyard, which he said was large and had "a lot of junk" in it.

"It makes me sick to know this is going down at my house right now," he said. "I didn't do nothing back there. I'm not going to say for the record nothing's back there because I don't know. Maybe something did happen along the lines when I was out of town."

A big question is why are they adding a sandbox, but there are court records involving child support (they are the defendants).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnderDog For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread