Topics:
Index Terms:
DIGEST
MISSING PERSONS

Column: BRIEFLY

POLICE SEARCHING FOR MAN MISSING SINCE FEB. 22

Dateline: EVERETT

Article Text:

Police are searching for a 20-year-old Everett man missing since Feb. 22 after he went to an apartment complex in South Everett.

The family of Rueben M. Lewis contacted the Snohomish County sheriff's office, suspecting foul play after he failed to return from the Mallard Cove Apartments, 12404 Admiralty Way, said sheriff's office spokeswoman Jan Jorgensen.

Lewis did not tell anyone why he was going to the apartment complex or who he was going to see after he received a message through a telephone pager about 8 p.m. Feb. 22, Jorgensen said.

A friend drove him to the complex, and Lewis was last seen going into Complex C. His friend waited 40 minutes, then left and later notified Lewis' family, according to the police report. His mother told police Lewis was carrying $2,000 in cash when he disappeared, the police report said.

He is described as white, 5 feet 11, and 140 pounds, with blue eyes and brown, shoulder-length hair. He has a tattoo of a joker with fangs on his left arm, scars around his mouth and an ornamental ring in his nose. He also is known as Rueben Kinard Blue and Ben Jarvis.

He was last seen wearing purple jeans, black tennis shoes and a red leather jacket.

Anyone with information about Lewis is asked to call the sheriff's office at 388-3523.

Caption:
RUEBEN M. LEWIS
PHOTO

OMG!!! THANK YOU!!! Honestly, thank you so, so much. I have been searching high and low for *anything* like this. How did you find this? I looked there earlier in my research and found nothing. :blowkiss:

You're welcome !! I was really glad I found it for you, you got me really interested in Ben's case. I may be able to find more, I didn't have much time to look yet. I looked a bit on Doenetwork for a red leather jacket, or purple pants, I'll repeat what I said on the other thread, if Ben has been found, I don't think he's listed anywhere. His description already stood out, now even more with what he was wearing.

I also find it very interesting that someone took him to this alleged drug deal, waited 40 minutes for him to come out ? I wonder if this person knew who Ben was meeting, I'm sure they did. Perhaps LE knows as well, maybe they cannot find them ? Or maybe these people are maintaining that Ben was never there. Interesting case SH. Glad I could help a little.

Definately possible. If something did go wrong with a drug deal and someone was after him, running that far wouldn't be unheard of. The Washington birth certificates are also interesting. But no mention of a tattoo, and Reuben had a large one. But still definately possible. Please submit.

yes, i've been interested in Reuben's case for a long time too, at least the past five years. there is something other going on than just a drug deal. at least to me. any help you need for Rueben i would be glad to do.

I'm guessing the ME's office hasn't responded? I'm wondering if there is a way to somehow get info to them face-to-face.

Just saw this thread. Reuben is not the Dekalb Doe. I sent that in and was told it was not a match.

Hmmm, all my drug deals have gone very well so I can't answer either (kidding, just kidding!!) :crazy: It would seem that drug deals go "bad" when there is a large amount of drugs and money involved, but as we all know people have been killed for next to nothing. Anybody know if Ben was more of a "small time" dealer? If so, it would seem that his killer(s) would not be smart enough to get away with murder. However if he was in the big leagues, that's a different story.

How about a MySpace page for Ben? I don't know much about it (yeah, I'm old) but there are several pages there now for the missing. I think that's how the latest lead in the Anna Waters case (here on WS) broke. Just a thought...

ok that part about all your drug deals going well had me cracking up.
on a serious note, am i missing something here? not saying he shouldnt be searched for. but is it possible, given his line of work, he just dissapeared on purpose cause he didnt want to be found? (either by the cops or other criminals)

i think i'll sleuth around the net for reuben as long as i live. his family are such awesome, wonderful people who love him deeply. i always hope for the best and pray that at some point, the answers will come for his loved ones. they deserve that much.

Reuben has been missing for 20 years today.

candlelight.jpg

Did anyone ever get an answer back on the man's leg that was found?? That sounded like an excellent possibility, and I never could tell if the ME followed up or not.

Ben's case stands out to me because 2/21 is my daughter's father's bday... it's just so striking to me that the day he turned 19, a 20 y/o man was going missing... so unfair for Ben's family...

I live pretty close by and never heard of this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back