Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 10-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Gun-toting soccer mom is shot dead

I remember hearing about her story last year, now sadly, looks like she was killed by her husband.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...m_is_shot.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truecrimejunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2009, 06:07 PM

I really don't have much to add, but Lebanon is my hometown, and seeing it in the news is so surreal! If people have questions about the area, I'll gladly try to answer!

This is the local paper's article (although the comment section is usually an 'enter at your own risk' kind of place): http://www.ldnews.com/ci_13506791

Last edited by SisterMadly; 10-08-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 10-09-2009, 07:15 PM

Husband killed Pa. gun advocate during video chat

LEBANON, Pa. (AP) A soccer mom who was thrust into the national gun-rights debate after taking a loaded pistol to youth sports events was killed by her husband in a shooting witnessed online by her video chat partner, authorities said Friday.

Scott Hain used his own gun to fire several shots into his 30-year-old wife, Meleanie, while her video chat was active and perhaps as she washed dishes in their kitchen, police said. Scott Hain, 33, later killed himself in an upstairs bedroom.

--------------

The online friend heard a shot and screams and turned to see Scott Hain firing, they said.

He "observed Scott Hain standing over where Meleanie was and discharging a handgun several times," Lebanon Police Chief Daniel Wright said at a news conference. The man, who was described as a friend of both Scott and Meleanie Hain, called 911.

More at:

http://www.myembarq.com/news/read.ph...SNWC00L1_UNEWS
Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 PM

Oh, my. How sad and tragic.
I remember seeing her on TV before.
Horrible.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM
WS Admin Mgr Co-Owner

Location: I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMadly View Post
I really don't have much to add, but Lebanon is my hometown, and seeing it in the news is so surreal! If people have questions about the area, I'll gladly try to answer!

This is the local paper's article (although the comment section is usually an 'enter at your own risk' kind of place): http://www.ldnews.com/ci_13506791
Hi SisterMadly,

Good to see you posting. Thank you for providing the link to the newspaper article.

You are right by the way about the "comment" section. Jeesh. I felt like I needed riot gear just to enter.

THERE ARE NOW TWO TRUE CRIME RADIO SHOWS! LISTEN EVERY THURSDAY TO THE iHEARTRADIO.COM CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE EVERY THURSDAY 8 PM EASTERN

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

FOR THE BLOGTALK.COM TRUE CRIME SHOWS CLICK HERE THEN SCROLL DOWN

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
 | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
tgrif@xmission.com
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H # 214
Park City UT
Old 10-09-2009, 09:33 PM

What a selfish act, i feel bad for their children, now they'll be growing up without parents =(

-J. Edgar Hoover
Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class."*

"Hain was in her kitchen talking with a friend via webcam just before her death, police said. Watch why Hain caused controversy
The friend, who police will not name, was looking away from the computer screen when he heard a shot and a scream, police said. He turned back to the monitor, he told police, and no longer saw Meleanie Hain but instead saw Scott Hain firing several rounds from a handgun toward where his wife had been."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/09/...ccer.mom.dead/

*Raymond Chandler
Old 10-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
"Hain was in her kitchen talking with a friend via webcam just before her death, police said. Watch why Hain caused controversy
The friend, who police will not name, was looking away from the computer screen when he heard a shot and a scream, police said. He turned back to the monitor, he told police, and no longer saw Meleanie Hain but instead saw Scott Hain firing several rounds from a handgun toward where his wife had been."
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/09/...ccer.mom.dead/
I hope the friend gets some much needed therapy