GUILTY NC - Clover, WhtFem, 18-28, found strangled, Oct'09 - Heather Catterton

Here's what bothers me, the clothes that were found with her, don't match the body description.

We know she was wearing the shirt when she was found, we know she was not wearing the jeans. They were found near her.

She is described as 150-160 pounds - the jeans are listed as a size 5. www.heraldonline.com - there is no way that a woman who is 150-160 pounds can wear a size 5 in jeans.

Plus, I have previously described my doubts about a woman that age wearing toe socks. I wonder what size the sneakers are and if she had them on or were they found with her. The shoes look brand new.

I would assume that one of the ways they determined the age range is by whether she had her wisdom teeth or not.

Well, they do say the area where she was found was a bit of a party spot, I wouldn't be surprised to find the clothes weren't hers. The size in clothing doesn't match the size of body. And the clothing doesn't seem to match the age range.
If it helps, for comparison only, I am almost 24, have that pair of jeans shown, ironically, in a size 5, I have several hoodies, many of which I don't wear anymore, and I think I do own a pair of toe socks, although it has been awhile since I've worn them. (Like 2 years.)
I started to think about this woman last night, and I think it's possible that she may have left home in a hurry, either to help a friend in need, or because she was forced to get dressed fast. The pants I would bet aren't hers, they either came from the home or place where she died, since they think she was dumped there, or they were left after a party.
Just an observation that popped into my head. If I were to get dressed in a hurry, I might end up in the same basic set of clothes, and people would think they were too "young" for my actual age.

I'm fairly new to this part of the forum, so I've been trying to rule out various things. One idea I had was that maybe she was in Clover because of an event, maybe a Ren Fair, craft show, etc. However, I searched the town of Clover's website and found nothing recent.

Also, I thought she might have been headed to Charlotte for the Festival in the Park, but that looks like it was in September: http://www.festivalinthepark.org/mainstage.htm

Fwiw, my hunch is that she's a runaway from Georgia. I don't know why I feel that way, so please don't base anything on it, it's just something that keeps popping into my head.

I'm fairly new to this part of the forum, so I've been trying to rule out various things. One idea I had was that maybe she was in Clover because of an event, maybe a Ren Fair, craft show, etc. However, I searched the town of Clover's website and found nothing recent.

Also, I thought she might have been headed to Charlotte for the Festival in the Park, but that looks like it was in September: http://www.festivalinthepark.org/mainstage.htm

Fwiw, my hunch is that she's a runaway from Georgia. I don't know why I feel that way, so please don't base anything on it, it's just something that keeps popping into my head.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:waitasec:
Any gut feelinga could be right on...
look for runaways not from a specific area or state...
maybe?
Also I was wondering if anybody still wore those type of socks..
I know in the 80s/ I guess they have come back into fashion now?
Some clothing does or maybe her mom or somebody handed them to her as a gift?
:twocents:

It could be Missing Virginia tech student
figure this:
Whomever took her could have kept her and made her wear different clothing some sort of fetish?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:waitasec:
Also I was wondering if anybody still wore those type of socks..
I know in the 80s/ I guess they have come back into fashion now?
Some clothing does or maybe her mom or somebody handed them to her as a gift?
:twocents:

My daughter is 24 - a mother of 2 - and she still loves and wears her toe socks...

I'm not familiar with the Carolinas. Is this site anywhere near Mint Hill, North Carolina, which I believe is a suburb of Charlotte?

I'm asking because another WS thread in here mentions a suspected multiple murderer who may have moved to Mint Hill, and when I look at the map, they look pretty close. But I may be reading it wrong.

The York County Sheriff's Office and the York County Coroner's Office have identified the woman's body found Thursday on Robinson Road near Clover, according to a press release from the sheriff's office.

The body of Heather Marie Catterton, 17, of Gastonia was found around 1 p.m. Thursday, officials said in a press conference today.

www.heraldonline.com

I knew she had to be young because of the toe socks.

Was she a missing teen? What is going on in this world?

She was not in high school and lived occassionally with her father. She has several past drug arrests in Gaston County. She does not have a criminal record in York County.

She also was not reported missing, Hoffman said.
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/old-42826-county-sheriff.html

It sounds like she may have been involved in something. From November 14, 2008:
http://www.gastongazette.com/news/year-27101-old-news.html

RIP, Heather Marie Catterton. I hope they seek justice.

Also, of note:
Investigators hope to talk to anyone who had seen her between Oct. 18 and Oct. 28. Call the Sheriff's Office 803-628-3059 or CrimeStoppers 877-409-4321.

Police especially want to talk to individuals related to two vehicles, a red, Ford F-150 pickup with tinted windows and a flat liner bed cover. That vehicle was seen in the area of Robinson Road between noon and 1 p.m. Oct. 27. There was a white male driver and a white female passenger.

The second vehicle is a two-tone Chevrolet S-10 pickup with a blue top and tan bottom. That vehicle is possibly a 1987 to 1990 model. That truck was seen in the area of Robinson Road on either Oct. 25 or Oct. 26 between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/old-42826-county-sheriff.html

Her myspace is private, but a pretty girl. What a shame and a waste

More information on tonight's news - www.wcnc.com and in The Charlotte Observer - www.charlotteobserver.com

She has been arrested before on drug related charges. The last time she was seen was Oct. 18th (how can someone not report a 17 year old missing after two weeks???)

A relative of hers called police after seeing the photos of her clothes on the news. She was not in school and she was living with her father.

The police believe she was left in the area from 24-72 hours before she was found on Thurs. 10/29.

This is interesting - The police said that the clothes that were not found on her were found in a straight line leading up to a mile away from her body - (how strange?)

More information on tonight's news - www.wcnc.com and in The Charlotte Observer - www.charlotteobserver.com

(how can someone not report a 17 year old missing after two weeks???)

JC, I wondered the same thing, but now that Danny Hembree has been arrested in Heather's murder it becomes more clear.

Heather was in and out of foster care she she was twelve. She constantly ran away according to a couple named Briscoe who fostered her. She was loved by someone poor child. It appears the murderer knows Heather's biological family.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/catterton-41227-accused-friend.html

"For weeks, Robin Moore has remained silent about the murder of her daughter, Randi Saldana. That changed on Sunday."The last thing she told me was she loved me," Moore said. "And that's the last time I saw her."

That day was Nov. 2, Randi's 30th birthday. Moore said Randi came over that day to celebrate, but expressed her sadness over the murder of her friend, Heather Catterton, 17.

. . . Investigators said Hembree knew both victims. Moore said she'd never met him, but said he may have been dating Catterton's sister."
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/21883160/detail.html

There's a story on tonight's news that the suspect in the two murders of the women found in SC has been charged with another murder in 1972!

One murder in 1972 and two in 2009 - that leaves alot of years in between for his whereabouts to be accounted for.

www.wsoctv.com

There's a story on tonight's news that the suspect in the two murders of the women found in SC has been charged with another murder in 1972!

One murder in 1972 and two in 2009 - that leaves alot of years in between for his whereabouts to be accounted for.

www.wsoctv.com

JC,

Did you see Hembree wants to represent himself? Jughead. I KNEW this guy had to have murdered before. How about how another man was also arrested now as well for Deborah Ratchford's murder from way back? At least and it's no big conolation, but her family has some answers.

Correction - the third murder he was charged with occurred in 1992, not 1972. I mis-heard the news story last night.

That is still along time between first murder in 1992 and current murders in 2009. I bet there are other victims that have not been linked to him yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back