OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

Front page of MSN.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33604787/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

This is a Dahmer/Gacy/Baumeister situation. There will be more not directly associated with his house. He had 2 of the bodies in his living room. If he took a bus he probably also killed away from his home, and sadly I would not be surprised if many of these women were not reported missing.

You don't start stacking bodies and leaving them in the living room, until you're killing so fast, you just kind of give up trying to hide them.

Front page of MSN.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33604787/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

This is a Dahmer/Gacy/Baumeister situation. There will be more not directly associated with his house. He had 2 of the bodies in his living room. If he took a bus he probably also killed away from his home, and sadly I would not be surprised if many of these women were not reported missing.

You don't start stacking bodies and leaving them in the living room, until you're killing so fast, you just kind of give up trying to hide them.

I was thinking the same thing. When he said that he lost count, I figured it was a lot. If you killed a handful of people, you would probably remember a number. I don't imagine that is something that you would lose track of.

Did anyone notice the big garbage dumpster right by the house? (I assume it was behind the sausage shop)

He had to be doing something with all those garbage bags he bought daily.
Sure wasn't cleaning up his house that was reported as piled sky-high with clothes, garbage and junk.
He did cut the grass, so the outside would appear normal, leading me to believe he was trying to cover his tracks somewhat.
I wonder if he kept ID from his victims hidden somewhere?

IMO

I just thought about the neighborhood dogs. I would think they would have been on high alert. Barking and smelling around the house.
IMO

I just thought about the neighborhood dogs. I would think they would have been on high alert. Barking and smelling around the house.
IMO

My dogs would have been all over that. They love anything that smells bad.:sick:

Cleveland Ohio...

all are female, 2 are African American. All are homicides..

The man arrested, Sowell, has been in prison until 2005..so the bodies would be missing persons from 2005 to present? So far, police have not identified any. The perp was in prison from 1989-2005, but so far i have not been able to find out his whereabouts or where he lived in 1989...

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091101/NEWS24/911019990

He lived in East Cleveland on Page Avenue, before going to prison.

I believe that is where the rape took place. It is the address that is listed as his place of residence, on his public record for the county.

The various articles seem to imply that nobody was quite sure where the smell was coming from. In the ordinary course of affairs, you run into more stinky sausage shops than you do serial killers burying corpses in the back yard, so their sewer connection, etc. were the most obvious place to start.

Yeah and it seems no one was sure where the odor was from. Most seemed to think it was the sausage shop. Even the sausage shop thought it might be them and they replaced their sewer according to some of today's articles. It sounds like no one connected the neighborhood odor and AS's odor and figured it out.

I do need to apoligise to LE for what I said yesterday about their failure to investigate the odor. I got to thinking about it. LE was there on 09/22. We did have a cold spell in Sept and that would have reduced the odor somewhat. Still I can't get over LE being at the door and didn't smell it!

What sick freaks live in this world...

The owner of the sausage shop replaced their grease traps too. I used to work near a restaurant that had a grease vat outside. Boy did that stink like nothing else in the summer heat.

He had to be doing something with all those garbage bags he bought daily.
Sure wasn't cleaning up his house that was reported as piled sky-high with clothes, garbage and junk.
He did cut the grass, so the outside would appear normal, leading me to believe he was trying to cover his tracks somewhat.
I wonder if he kept ID from his victims hidden somewhere?

IMO

When I first read that I wondered if perhaps he was using garbage bags to carry scrap to the recycle center. But then it hit me, if he was using the bags to carry legitimate things he was known to do then why would he lie about it? Also "cleaning house" does sound like a little bit of a Freudian slip. If he was taking body parts out of the home to dump them somewhere, he would be "cleaning house" wouldn't he?

Stoshie, what are you hearing on local news as far as numbers? My local news promo's are saying twelve bodies now.

I haven't had the news on in a few hours. I have just been surfing the news sites. I will go see if I hear anything.

While the identities of the women found in Sowell's home remain unknown -- the five victims are listed in the charges against Sowell as Jane Doe -- his past arrests offer clues to how he operated.

Sowell's victims in those cases were women on the fringe of society who appear to have been caught up in the problems that have plagued urban cities for decades. All of the women who told police Sowell attacked them had previous arrests for offenses ranging from solicitation to drug charges to assault, among others.

McGrath said investigators are trying to determine the identities of the dead. He noted police will not be surprised if nobody filed missing persons reports on some of the people.

"We will not know until we identify the victims and how they lived in the community," McGrath said.

Sowell often knew the women he attacked, according to interviews and court records.

"I have to believe all these victims voluntarily went to the residence," McGrath said.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/body_count_at_anthony_sowells.html

I do have to wonder if he got any hits and subsequent visitors from his website posting. Of course if he did, he either would have to take the bus to them or if they drove to him, he would have to dispose of their vehicles.

Also from the above article, he was in the Marines in 1978 and was stationed in North Carolina, Okinawa and California. LE is looking at one unsolved rape in Coronada, Calif. A woman who came forward Mon. and said he had choked and raped her indicated that he held her about 12 hours before she got away.

I wondered if they would search vacant homes nearby and it does look like LE is doing that. Still how good a search would it be when they probably have several to look at?

While the identities of the women found in Sowell's home remain unknown -- the five victims are listed in the charges against Sowell as Jane Doe -- his past arrests offer clues to how he operated.

Sowell's victims in those cases were women on the fringe of society who appear to have been caught up in the problems that have plagued urban cities for decades. All of the women who told police Sowell attacked them had previous arrests for offenses ranging from solicitation to drug charges to assault, among others.

McGrath said investigators are trying to determine the identities of the dead. He noted police will not be surprised if nobody filed missing persons reports on some of the people.

"We will not know until we identify the victims and how they lived in the community," McGrath said.

Sowell often knew the women he attacked, according to interviews and court records.

"I have to believe all these victims voluntarily went to the residence," McGrath said.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/body_count_at_anthony_sowells.html

I do have to wonder if he got any hits and subsequent visitors from his website posting. Of course if he did, he either would have to take the bus to them or if they drove to him, he would have to dispose of their vehicles.

Did you see at the bottom of the article that they are looking into an unsolved rape in Coronado, California? He had been around when he was in the military.

More details about the Sept rape and the reasons for the delays in the arrests. Also it looks like there may have been another woman attacked on Oct. 20 and this woman may have fallen out of the window. She may have told LE that her fall was an accident.
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/post_106.html

Local police seem to be doing a little CYA. Most people in the area are questioning why the police missed so many clues. There's no reason why they shouldn't be doing a better job of listing and investigating missing persons. It is the Cleveland PD after all, a department historically known for its corruption.

More details about the Sept rape and the reasons for the delays in the arrests. Also it looks like there may have been another woman attacked on Oct. 20 and this woman may have fallen out of the window. She may have told LE that her fall was an accident.
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/post_106.html

Someone took a picture of him outside the house when the woman fell out of the window. He was crouching next to her and they were both naked. There is a video on WOIO about the incident. If you to the site, look for the video about a victim surviving.

http://www.woio.com/global/Category.asp?c=177485

They are still reporting 10 + 1 skull.

Yeah it was just on my news and they are saying 10 + skull. I was reading WS when I heard the promo and heard a dozen, but they must have said almost a dozen. LOL, I have to remember that I can't read online and watch TV at the same time and gets the facts right!

Someone took a picture of him outside the house when the woman fell out of the window. He was crouching next to her and they were both naked. There is a video on WOIO about the incident. If you to the site, look for the video about a victim surviving.

http://www.woio.com/global/Category.asp?c=177485

They are still reporting 10 + 1 skull.

That's the Oct one and she did go to the hosp and the hosp did call LE. But when LE talked with her she said it was an accident. I wonder if he threatened her to keep her quiet? I sure hope LE interviews her again!

This reporter on NG said there are missing persons posters all over the area. I have to wonder why we didn't know about them on WS? Why weren't there questions as to where all these women were going?

This is bugging me so much!

I'm coming to this thread rather late, so forgive me. I've brainstormed a list of possible victims:

Gloria Walker
Tarnesha Chester
Cheri Yvette White-Haywood
Jonni Clemett
Georgina Lynn DeJesus
Amanda Marie Berry
Ashley Nicole Summers
Alicia Michelle Hogue

Cheri and Gloria would be at the top of my list as potential victims, though I haven't done any mapping or looked at timeframes.

Are any of the posters on this thread local to this case and could go look at the "missing" posters in the area and report the names back to us?

Hoppy

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998