Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > The Unidentified > Princess Blue

Notices

Princess Blue Unidentified Female found Sept. 10, 1990 in Brazoria County, Texas

Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

yw, Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claycat View Post
Thank you, RKnowley!

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 PM

New Stats For Princess Blue??

The Doe Network:
Case File 137UFTX

Reconstructions of Victim
Unidentified White/Hispanic Female

• The victim was discovered on September 10, 1990 in Brazoria County, Texas.
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1-5 Years
  • Skeletal Remains
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 15 - 25 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'11" - 5'3"; with a slight to medium build.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Originally thought to be Hispanic, the new analysis indicates the young woman was White, with the probability of some Black traits. According to the forensic analysis, it is likely one parent or one grandparent was Black.
  • Skeletal Findings: Two fractured ribs; and a "defect" on a bone beneath her left knee. The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.
  • Fingerprints: Not Available skeletal
  • Dentals: Available. There were several teeth with untreated carries, and two amalgam fillings. Noteworthy though, is that tooth #10, an upper left, lateral incisor, which is right next to her two front most teeth was surgically removed prior to death and the corresponding alveolar space was partially obliterated by mature bone.
  • DNA: Available IN CODIS
  • Nickname: "Princess Blue"
  • Jewelry: One pearl, beaded bracelet
    Six rings,
    One gold band ring with six clear stones
    One silver band with a scroll design,
    Two thin silver bands
    One silver-colored ring with a turquoise horse or unicorn,
    One 1975, size 9 1/2, Robert E. Lee, Houston, TX High School ring. This ring has a blue stone with a silver colored, inexpensive metal band. It is unknown whether or not there were ever engravings on the inner side of the ring's band. The ring was upsized twice, which would have removed evidence of previous engravings. However, it does have an inlaid, "L" which many students chose as an option that year that stands for the school mascot, Robert E. Lee himself.

Victim's Rings
Case History
The victim was located on a pile of debris at the end of a Brazoria County road (101) just east of Highway 288 inside the Manvel city limits on September 10, 1990.
The skeleton was found by a man who had pulled off the highway to relieve himself. He stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.
No purse, wallet, clothing or hair were located around the skeleton, six rings were on the fingers, and a bracelet around her wrist.
The company that made Robert E. Lee High School's (now Lee High School) rings doesn't have records from 1975. The Lee class of 1975 had about 300 girls. Authorities would like to hear from any of the girls who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else.
Toxicology tests yielded no trace of opiates in her bone marrow. However, it is unknown whether or not other drugs were present, tested for or could have been tested for.

Please see http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/137uftx.html for information on who to contact if you have any information regarding this case.

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Old 11-07-2009, 07:46 PM

R.E. Lee HS yearbooks

I'm a 1975 graduate of Robert E. Lee (now just Lee) High School in Houston. I attended Lee from 1972 to 1975, for my sophomore, junior, and senior years. I also lived close to Lee; I walked to school every day. I just found my way to this site yesterday through a Facebook post on a board for Lee graduates. There are over a thousand posts here about Princess Blue and I've only browsed through them, so forgive me if I'm repeating or ignorant of things already discussed.

I looked at the facial reconstruction drawings of Princess Blue and they don't resemble anyone I knew. Which doesn't mean much. It was a huge school, 650 in my graduating class alone, and I never had much of a social life at Lee. However, I have several suggestions and offers to make.

First, I have my Lee yearbooks for 1973, 1974, and 1975. Another post here says that the '75 yearbook has been scanned and is available online. I'm willing to scan the '73 and '74 yearbooks as well and make those scans available.

Second, several people have suggested contacting class members through Classmates.com. I'm a member of Classmates, and the last time I counted, about 250 of the 650 graduates of '75 were registered there. Another site, MyLife.com, has a similar registry. I'm a member there too, and I think they have 400 signed up from the class of '75. There's a lot of overlap between the 250 and the 400, but still, I think between the two sites anyone could quickly reach about two-thirds of the class of '75. I assume the numbers are similar for other graduating years.

I'm willing to post a notice on the Classmates and MyLife boards for the Lee class of '75 and other graduating years, describing Princess Blue and asking for help. I'm also willing to help with an effort to directly email every registered graduate from 1975 and other years.

I can also try to find yearbooks from other years and scan them too. I can look for them through Classmates and MyLife; I know who the class officers were for the classes of 1973-1975 and would contact them first; and I can visit Lee and the Houston Independent School District and see what I can find through them. I'm in Houston often; I have family and friends there and I live 4 hours away.

These are obvious things and they may already have been covered by police or members of Websleuths. If not, and I can help, I will. Please email me through the Websleuths board.

-- Chris Schulman, Class of 1975, Robert E. Lee (now Lee) High School, Houston, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
I have not been to this site in awhile, but did we ever find any yearbooks for Robert E. Lee High School? Has there been any communication with any of the class presidents? Princess Blue was found in Sept. 1990 right? Class presidents generally round everyone up for class reunions. I wonder if there is any one female that consistently does not come to the reunion and for which the reunion committee can never find contact information?

I believe this girl went to that high school at some point. She may be from a class as far back as 1985 and she may be from the 1993 class. All the known information about her is "best guess" except her DNA and her jewelry.

Is there more than one Robert E. Lee high school? I'm sure there is, I'll go google.

Salem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmateurHistorian For This Useful Post: