OR - Jayme Austin, 31, Coquille, 9 Nov 2009

Well, this is postively creepy. I have great fear of being attacked while in the shower. I never shower alone....meaning alone in the house. IF I have too for some reason I am a paranoid little goose who turns the water off every 30 seconds because I think I hear something. I wash shampoo out with one eye open, literally.

I don't understand how a connection is being made between Leah and Jayme. With the information out there it seems like a pretty random connection. There must be something we don't know about, a common link, a person in common. It always seemed pretty apparent to me that Leah's boyfriend killed her or at very least knows what happened to her.

Gaia, Be sure you keep your doors locked when you shower. SO many people leave their doors unlocked around here when they are home. I do not!

Just saw her dad, Jeff Gisholt, on the morning news. They are still searching the roads. JG said he wants to get his hands on whoever did this and he is still hopeful. He looked like he thinks she is still okay and I felt he is still in shock.

At this time, this myspace page is not private.
Last log in: Nov. 7, 2009
This is the most recent status update by Jayme on Nov. 7th
Jaymegurlis going to wait for life to pass and then get pissed when im old and then ask why.
Posted at 6:34 PM Nov 7

Jayme Sue's myspace page
says that:
First thing is getting to know both my daughters again in ways I never would of before. Also working my *advertiser censored* off to get back on that right track that I left for a while.

Her hero: My mother for showing me what a mothers love is all about and for showing me what kind of mother and person I will always strive to be like.
There also is an Oct. 17 status about how while he's in Alaska, she can have a life not filled with **** ***and freak mood, wishes him dead.
Nothing I can find about the stalker.

There are many pics posted there.
BBM

This concerns me since he is in the Bering Sea, which is near Alaska. On NG, the mom said they verified the BF is on a fishing boat up there, though.

Gaia, Be sure you keep your doors locked when you shower. SO many people leave their doors unlocked around here when they are home. I do not!

Just saw her dad, Jeff Gisholt, on the morning news. They are still searching the roads. JG said he wants to get his hands on whoever did this and he is still hopeful. He looked like he thinks she is still okay and I felt he is still in shock.

=================
Kimster:
Could you post the link to the morning news?
I have not seen anything this morning yet.

Thinking out loud about who could have abducted Jayme.
She had a stalker.
A stalker who could break into her email, myspace, even
after passwords were changed.
This person obviously has some experience in computer hacking.
IMO: Either this person has installed some kind of spyware on her computer
or is good enough to hack into her computer at any time.
Even if this person is not the abductor, I am sure he/she has some major explaining to do.

As you may have read, Jayme was working on changing her life.
She may have met people from the past who held a grudge for one reason
or another.

I am sure LE is checking out the computer/stalker lead and any friends and former friends.

I just hope that Jayme is out there and will be found safe.
Prayer for Jayme and her family.

Oh trust me they are locked! I live in NYC so I have 2 deadbolts in addition to the other knob lock and a chain. My oldest cat always insist on coming in the bathroom with me so I lock he and I in the bathroom and tell him to stand guard. Fortunately I live with my fiance so I usually don't have to worry about all of this.
When I was home visiting last summer I stopped at my mom's house and she had her back door open leading to the back porch which has a flimsy little door with a hook and eye lock that I opened with my finger, went inside, found her in the shower and scared the living daylights out of her. Then she got a long lecture about locking her doors! Geez.

She said alarms went off for her, something like that. I don't know what she meant to be honest. Probably because it is the same general area, way out in the country, etc.

I think it's important to note, I don't want to imply Leah's BF had ANYTHING to do with this. His name is in no way connected nor has it been mentioned. AFAIK he has moved out of state and isn't even in the area.

From NG's show: Jayme's BF is on a boat in the Bering Sea fishing, her Mom said on NG she confirmed that with people on the boat. The father of the 12 y/o lives in Coos Bay and has custody. The father of the 4 y/o wasn't mentioned, but the child lives with Jayme's mom.

From the little I know about this case, Jayme may have had a stalker. This person could have been watching her, and followed her to her mom's house. Someone could have been targeting her mom and walked in and found Jayme. Jayme could have interrupted a crime at her mom's. There are a lot of questions here.

The father of the little girl is Jayme's current boyfriend. Jayme doesn't have custody of either girl.

I don't think this is a random thing. Looking at community website and listening to posters, seems like Coquille is a small, rural community (front page of newpaper talks of rewiring downtown street lights...).

Whoever is involved knew Jayme Sue's routine (when she went to work, etc.) Perhaps the hot water situation could have been created by someone outside of the house, to draw her away from home/have her walk outside.

She was probably surprised in shower, as mother mentioned on NG that floor area was wet indicating someone had used shower.

Her myspace is still public, and if you look at her pics, you'll find her boyfriend. His myspace is still public at this time as well... Interesting fella. Just sayin...

Getting late in the season to be fishing in the Berina Sea by the way. I looked it up and the only thing going on now is various shellfish (crabs and something else - http://www.cf.adfg.state.ak.us/geninfo/pubs/seasons/season_1.pdf). I really hate to keep pointing fingers at family/friends in so many of these recent cases - but I hope it's been confirmed that he was in fact on one of those boats. If so, my apologies.

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2009/11/12/news/doc4afc4fdc10798704057864.txt
'snippets'

I thought she was late to work because she got into a car accident,” Gisholt said. “She drives like a bat out of hell.”

But, upon returning to her Fairview home, she found Austin’s car parked safely in the driveway.

Inside, a heater continued to blow hot air, towels waited in a dryer, and Gisholt found Austin’s new Droid cell phone, abandoned.

“She wouldn’t go anywhere without it.”

Gisholt knew something was seriously wrong.

The investigation

The Coos County Major Crime Team arrived at Gisholt’s house Monday afternoon within 30 minutes of her call. Since then, the Coos County Search and Rescue Team, tracking dogs, the Coos County Mounted Posse, police, friends and family have searched the area.

Some have arrived at sunrise and searched past sunset.

The North Bend Dive team examined a nearby river and a pond on the Gisholt property. A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter also flew over the area. As of this morning, they had found no trace of Austin, a Coos County District Attorney’s Office press release said.

Austin’s ex-boyfriend, Jesse Rooke, is not a person of interest in the disappearance, Frasier said. Acquaintances told police the man has been on a fishing boat out of Dutch Harbor, Alaska, since at least Nov. 8. No one has been able to contact Rooke’s boat, Frasier said, but the man’s involvement seems unlikely.

“If he’s on that boat, then he doesn’t have anything to do with this,” the DA said.

The World’s archives say police arrested Rooke on a domestic assault charge in Fairview in November 2005.

“There have been domestic violence incidents between the two in the past,” Frasier said.

Prayers for Jayme and her family.

Well, this is postively creepy. I have great fear of being attacked while in the shower. I never shower alone....meaning alone in the house. IF I have too for some reason I am a paranoid little goose who turns the water off every 30 seconds because I think I hear something. I wash shampoo out with one eye open, literally.

I don't understand how a connection is being made between Leah and Jayme. With the information out there it seems like a pretty random connection. There must be something we don't know about, a common link, a person in common. It always seemed pretty apparent to me that Leah's boyfriend killed her or at very least knows what happened to her.

o/t,
wow, i wont shower when no one is home either - i have never told anyone because i thought they would think i was nuts, lol, now i know im not alone!
i also thought it was because of watching Psycho when i was little :crazy:

do we know if jayme went through rehab or 12step meetings? from my own personal experience i have occasionally met some strange rangers hanging around and i know for a fact that some folks attending are there in place of going to jail and have no intentions of recovering...just sayin

Her myspace is still public, and if you look at her pics, you'll find her boyfriend. His myspace is still public at this time as well... Interesting fella. Just sayin...

Getting late in the season to be fishing in the Berina Sea by the way. I looked it up and the only thing going on now is various shellfish (crabs and something else - http://www.cf.adfg.state.ak.us/geninfo/pubs/seasons/season_1.pdf). I really hate to keep pointing fingers at family/friends in so many of these recent cases - but I hope it's been confirmed that he was in fact on one of those boats. If so, my apologies.

Hi Belimom, Having lived on the Oregon Coast for years I do know that those crabs are Alaskan King crab and one of the major fishery in Alaska along with Hake. The crab are the huge ones with long legs. The Hake is what most seafood restaurants use for fish and chips. xox

has this been requested over on fa thread?? if not does anyone know her birth date?

I have a couple of random thoughts.

Regarding stalker-
1. There should be cell phone records if the stalker called her.
2. If the stalker kept getting her passwords/codes then I wonder if there isn't a keylogger on her PC.
3. MySpace- Why wouldn't she be set to private if she was worried about a stalker? Maybe it was and the someone changed it after the disappearance to be able to see any messages about the crime. If I were LE I would put one of those trackers on her page and watch the activity

Transcript from NG about the stalker:
Gisholt, is it true that she had some cook calling her a few weeks ago, calling her on her cell, would continue to call her over and over? Did she ever identify who that man was? GISHOLT: No, never did, and it`s actually been a couple of months ago. GRACE: Months. GISHOLT: You know she kind of jokingly just called it her stalker. And you know, he got into her cell phone messages, her home phone messages, her MySpace messages. And she changed her phone numbers, she changed her password. He got into them, again. And then, she changed them several times. And.[/I]

My ideas on what to check out:

JSA had been involved in the past with drugs. I would see if there have been any past acquaintances that may have been released from prison in the last few months. Any past acquaintances that may have a reason to pay her a visit?

Does boyfriend have any buddies that would do his "dirty work" for him?
snipped quote

I guess that is it for now.

BBM:

I think you meant "kook" not "cook"??

I don't think she took this stalker seriously, most people wouldn't. Agree with your post about past acquaintances/friends.

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2009/11/12/news/doc4afc4fdc10798704057864.txt
'snippets'

I thought she was late to work because she got into a car accident,” Gisholt said. “She drives like a bat out of hell.”

But, upon returning to her Fairview home, she found Austin’s car parked safely in the driveway.

Inside, a heater continued to blow hot air, towels waited in a dryer, and Gisholt found Austin’s new Droid cell phone, abandoned.

“She wouldn’t go anywhere without it.”

Gisholt knew something was seriously wrong.

The investigation

The Coos County Major Crime Team arrived at Gisholt’s house Monday afternoon within 30 minutes of her call. Since then, the Coos County Search and Rescue Team, tracking dogs, the Coos County Mounted Posse, police, friends and family have searched the area.

Some have arrived at sunrise and searched past sunset.

The North Bend Dive team examined a nearby river and a pond on the Gisholt property. A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter also flew over the area. As of this morning, they had found no trace of Austin, a Coos County District Attorney’s Office press release said.

Austin’s ex-boyfriend, Jesse Rooke, is not a person of interest in the disappearance, Frasier said. Acquaintances told police the man has been on a fishing boat out of Dutch Harbor, Alaska, since at least Nov. 8. No one has been able to contact Rooke’s boat, Frasier said, but the man’s involvement seems unlikely.

“If he’s on that boat, then he doesn’t have anything to do with this,” the DA said.

The World’s archives say police arrested Rooke on a domestic assault charge in Fairview in November 2005.

“There have been domestic violence incidents between the two in the past,” Frasier said.

Prayers for Jayme and her family.

BBM:

This is the same DA that handled Leah's case. I'll shut up about that. :banghead:

Jayme's mom said on NG she had verified he was on the boat, DA says no one has. Also he rules him out because he is on the boat, while I agree he physically couldn't do anything, we all know about conspiracies. Everything needs to be looked at!

what I want to know: were her clothes left behind in the bathroom?

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet or not, but NG mentioned that there were "signs of struggle" in the bathroom. Anyone catch that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back