VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see. My bad, it's impossible to determine someones tone when reading a post online. I just took it as you was mocking me or something. My apologies.

And as far as dishing out the details of our letters, like i've said before, we don't talk about anything of much interest to you all i'm sure. I guess i do have a few things to stir up some conversation though...i found out recently that his parents won't talk to him, or won't reply to his letters, and his sister has sent him one letter asking what stuff of his she could have. I don't understand how his family could be like that, but at least he does have some people that care enough to write him. Fwiw, he also has said that "going to farmville was the worst mistake of his life". (i don't doubt that any!) also, something that i wasn't really gonna say, but i don't see the harm in it i guess, in the first letter i received from him he said "there's actually a chance i might get 10-20yrs, which i'm praying for...". I honestly don't see him getting off on a short term sentence like that, but then again, no telling what his lawyer has up his sleeve...?
holy **** thanks for that mary 10 to 20 would be a ****ing miracle and i sort of hope he gets a chance to start a new life and i know i will get ripped a new one on here by some folks but thats just me i have compassion for the kid and i hope he doesnt get the dp but if he told you that then certainly his lawyer must know something we dont because virginia dont play games so something must be up and it is perhaps a plea deal.

Also i am ****ing pissed off at his family and esp his ****ing sister writing only to ask for his ****, what kind of people are they for chrissake.

Excuse my french.

You rock mary and keep throwing us bones baby!

I am certainly too old to be saying this as she is young enough to be my daughter but that is a girl with a lot of potential, she was very pretty and would have perhaps blossomed in to something special some day.

Sam pisses me off for what he did but I still have compassion for him and I know that a lot of you will hate me for that but thats who I am and I gotta be true to myself.

So CHI has one black kid, that is great but it still doesnt take away from what those practices rituals and props stand for and he probably doesnt even know or care and I know when I was that age I didnt know or care about such things either but when I got older and started living and working in the real world and being treated differently by some people because I was Jewish and having to constantly hear stupid jokes about Jews and how we have big noses etc etc, well it all starts to hit home and you begin to rethink a lot of the things you took part in and believed in when you were younger.

Again nobody is saying the CHI kids are racists but history is history and it cannot be changed or rewritten nor did it not happen just because we werent there or dont know about it or understand it.

Give me ten minutes with that kid and I will have him rethinking the whole CHI thing.

Like I said before I know its all fun and games and there is nothing sinister about it anymore and it is a joke but it just isnt funny anymore esp when I haved lived and breathed some of the most hateful and spiteful racism myself. The only thing worse than being black is being Jewish when it comes to white supremacist groups and the KKK.

I couldn't believe he said "two of them were "good" people :furious:

Oh, he didn't mean the other two weren't. (whoever "he" is--i've lost track of quotes) He was just talking about the adults there and then went on to talk about Emma and Mel. Altho, the reference to their "crazy friends" is naive, as we know that not everyone in a group is the same, and we have our own pixy and mary here who might identify with the group he's labeling and that is not cool.

But anyway, he didn't mean just the two were good, i don't think...... and you know, I AM a linguist. I can divine nuances of meaning that others, well, heh heh, that others couldn't even be expected to divine. :D

..this is her current myspace about me...and i'm upset telling her i agree she shouldn't care about what people think of her but she should care more about others :
"I believe, the world has come to be a terrible place. I'm not going to pressure my opinions on you, so don't do it to me. There are very few people I actually get along with & feel comfortable around, & for the rest of you, I probably don't like you at all. All I care for are my true loved ones, & myself. *advertiser censored** you, your feelings, your life... I don't live to please you. Unlike most other kids, I am unexplainably sincere when I say I do not care what people think of me. The End.

OMG, that's exactly how *I* feel about myspace/facebook! :)

So CHI has one black kid, that is great but it still doesnt take away from what those practices rituals and props stand for and he probably doesnt even know or care and I know when I was that age I didnt know or care about such things either but when I got older and started living and working in the real world and being treated differently by some people because I was Jewish and having to constantly hear stupid jokes about Jews and how we have big noses etc etc, well it all starts to hit home and you begin to rethink a lot of the things you took part in and believed in when you were younger.

Again nobody is saying the CHI kids are racists but history is history and it cannot be changed or rewritten nor did it not happen just because we werent there or dont know about it or understand it.

Give me ten minutes with that kid and I will have him rethinking the whole CHI thing.

Like I said before I know its all fun and games and there is nothing sinister about it anymore and it is a joke but it just isnt funny anymore esp when I haved lived and breathed some of the most hateful and spiteful racism myself. The only thing worse than being black is being Jewish when it comes to white supremacist groups and the KKK.

I just couldn't resist jumping in here at this point to say, Pax, you have a big nose. A ****ing honker, dude. Whoa. :cool: the tapu

holy **** thanks for that mary 10 to 20 would be a ****ing miracle and i sort of hope he gets a chance to start a new life and i know i will get ripped a new one on here by some folks but thats just me i have compassion for the kid and i hope he doesnt get the dp but if he told you that then certainly his lawyer must know something we dont because virginia dont play games so something must be up and it is perhaps a plea deal.

Also i am ****ing pissed off at his family and esp his ****ing sister writing only to ask for his ****, what kind of people are they for chrissake.

Excuse my french.

I found this editorial about the death penalty becoming less common in Virginia. No one has been sentenced to death since March 2008.

Richmond Times-Dispatch

Please do NOT take this the wrong way because it is only an off the cuff comment and from my experience only but I know you mentioned that your daughters were 'PREPPY TYPES' as opposed to the more head banging alternative types like Emma and that because of this you never had any problems with them etc and I AM SURE THAT IS TRUE but I just HAVE to say that growing up I was pretty much a rebel myself and not really what you would call preppy but I do know when we wanted girls that would 'put out' or to get drugs or whatever, the preppy girls, and guys for that matter, was where it was at, those preppy kids who attend private schools and academies and wear all those fancy looking clothes are some of the hardest partying drug using and sexually promiscuis crowds I have ever known, perhaps its different in your area but in NY and Arizona and Seattle and Oregon and Boston which is where I have spent most of my time, the preppys dressed and acted nice but when they werent around mummy and daddy they were AS WILD AS THEY COME. No ****!
Guess you could say my kids were preppy poor kids. Remember my kids lived off less than you could imagine. My oldest worked 3 jobs and attended college. Drugs or are not a part of their life, I will assure you. Maybe I should have said they were classy, not preppy.
BTW I went to private school and I was far from wild. Guess it was the values instilled in me.

Please do NOT take this the wrong way because it is only an off the cuff comment and from my experience only but I know you mentioned that your daughters were 'PREPPY TYPES' as opposed to the more head banging alternative types like Emma and that because of this you never had any problems with them etc and I AM SURE THAT IS TRUE but I just HAVE to say that growing up I was pretty much a rebel myself and not really what you would call preppy but I do know when we wanted girls that would 'put out' or to get drugs or whatever, the preppy girls, and guys for that matter, was where it was at, those preppy kids who attend private schools and academies and wear all those fancy looking clothes are some of the hardest partying drug using and sexually promiscuis crowds I have ever known, perhaps its different in your area but in NY and Arizona and Seattle and Oregon and Boston which is where I have spent most of my time, the preppys dressed and acted nice but when they werent around mummy and daddy they were AS WILD AS THEY COME. No ****!

I grew up in Berkeley California in the 70s so this doesn't really apply. The most promiscuous people and the one's with the best drugs were the parents.

I found this editorial about the death penalty becoming less common in Virginia. No one has been sentenced to death since March 2008.

Richmond Times-Dispatch

Interesting.... My gut feeling is that Sam wouldn't get death, but from what I've heard from the Virginians on here, I thought my gut might be wrong. I don't know who the prosecutor is in the case of Sam (if no change of venue), or what his record is on DP, LWOP, plea bargaining, etc. Does anyone know?

Em did not call her mom "professor" The kid that said that had not talked to her since 5th grade. He is not a reliable source of information. I know him personally.

I'm sorry,but this reminds me so much of the "token"black friend thing I hear people in the states talk about all the time when they try to defend not being racsist.I lived here for 20 years(in tx,but I doubt va is much different)
I lived in a black neighborhood for 10 years and 10 years in a white working class and mostly hispanic neighborhood....I work however in a white neighborhood,predominantly white,republican christians and yes they are racsist and yes nobody wants to admit it and they all try to defend it with the token black friend they all have and when I point out their racism they always get OVERLY defensive,kinda like a cheating spouse or something....

token.jpg

Interesting.... My gut feeling is that Sam wouldn't get death, but from what I've heard from the Virginians on here, I thought my gut might be wrong. I don't know who the prosecutor is in the case of Sam (if no change of venue), or what his record is on DP, LWOP, plea bargaining, etc. Does anyone know?

I believe the last person to be sentenced to death in Virginia was actually referenced in this thread by Blou. Will Morva escaped custody, killing a hospital security guard and a police officer. Odd coincidence.

Pax, thanks so much for the links. Of course I knew about sacred-texts but there is a so much material there, I've only begun to read all of it.

Esoterica I must have heard of before it seems, but you know I can't remember reading any of these articles so thanks!

Returning the favor: http://english.grimoar.cz/ is full of interesting PDF files including some of the Osman Spare stuff I mentioned yesterday.

This site has one Leilah Wendell book. I found it interesting reading in the context of my understanding of Buddhist Chod practices. Her stuff isn't what it appears to be on the surface IMO and was actually a pretty interesting work about death. I wish she used a more legible font though.

Excuse my french.

Interesting. What happened to Sarah's theory that he was innocent?

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rotfl::rotfl:
I grew up in Berkeley California in the 70s so this doesn't really apply. The most promiscuous people and the one's with the best drugs were the parents.

The one's with the best drugs...........

Well ! Alrighty then ..................

( ROFLMAO ---Been there )

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rotfl::rotfl:

The one's with the best drugs...........

Well ! Alrighty then ..................

( ROFLMAO ---Been there )

Had a friend back in the day and we used to go over to her house and use the hot tub. Her parents rule was that we couldn't eat ALL of the pot brownies in the freezer.

Had a friend back in the day and we used to go over to her house and use the hot tub. Her parents rule was that we couldn't eat ALL of the pot brownies in the freezer.

I suspected your close attention to your daughter's activities was motivated in part from your personal experiences around her age. Not that I'm judging. If I had a teenaged daughter, I'd be headed down to the basement right now to feed her lunch and maybe let her out for a short run in the backyard.

Just kidding guys. I do often wonder how I'd really handle that situation. I do think it's a different and much more difficult world for kids to grow up in now, at least middle class white American kids which is what I would be raising. I don't envy anyone with "experience" who's trying to gauge just how much of that their kids ought to be getting.

I suspected your close attention to your daughter's activities was motivated in part from your personal experiences around her age. Not that I'm judging. If I had a teenaged daughter, I'd be headed down to the basement right now to feed her lunch and maybe let her out for a short run in the backyard.

Just kidding guys. I do often wonder how I'd really handle that situation. I do think it's a different and much more difficult world for kids to grow up in now, at least middle class white American kids which is what I would be raising. I don't envy anyone with "experience" who's trying to gauge just how much of that their kids ought to be getting.

My oldest son just turned 18. He doesn't drink or do drugs. In fact I am somewhat worried that he isn't experienced enough and might get himself into trouble in college. A cousin of mine lived a very straight high school experience and then went to Tulane where he not only started getting wasted a lot but also got himself thrown out of school. This is a very expensive way to learn about moderation...

My daughter is 15 and we had one guy come sniffing around fairly recently. I let him come over a few times when I was here, but I also brandished an aluminum baseball bat on his first visit. He later tried to get my daughter to dress "like all the other girls", and I was pretty appalled at how he was pressuring her. Yes I listened to some of their conversations. My daughter is an eclectic dresser and she makes some of her own clothes and modifies the rest. So I was concerned about how she would respond to his pressure. She told him to get lost.

I was a happy poppa on that day.

Interesting. What happened to Sarah's theory that he was innocent?

That has to be awkward and take special kind of selfishness.

"Uh seeing that you wont be around anymore do you mind if I take your X BOX? Thanks!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member