Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 AM

wow the news is so scant for this case. i dont get it. i live in Texas and there was an amber alert then poof, no more news!!

I have lost all faith in humanity lately. I feel that in our core human beings are inherently selfish, deviant, and sometimes evil. I love the law and believe that our justice system is good, but it is the people executing the laws that are flawed. Whether people want to admit or not, or realize it or not. Most are plagued by they own engrained prejudices. The nature of man is to divide, not to unite. I've seen it, lived it. There are those of us, who strive for equality. Who truly don't see color that must prevail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burbqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
WS Administrator

I tried searching for the Hillcrest Family Worship Center in Oklahoma City - but it appears they don't have a website? How can that be in this day and age? Anyway, I came up empty.

Aside from arrest records and vital records, it appears TH and/or LH did not use a computer much. No facebooks, myspaces or other online info that I could find

Salem
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
I wonder if Lester has any history of traveling with circuses...hanging out with carnies would be an excellent cover in his circumstances.
Good thought believe09 - I doubt he would last long at a circus 'cause he's a mean drunk who likes to terrorize those around him. One of his punishments for Aja was to make her eat jalapeno peppers and I doubt he had any water available. MOO

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
The Following User Says Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 PM

Aja's father was a pall bearer at Tonya's funeral yesterday.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,3625690.story
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OkieGal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 05:54 PM
WS Administrator

One lousy article. So sad and so frustrating!!!!!

Salem
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 05:59 PM

My heart breaks for her daddy. Where is his little angel, Aja?

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieGal View Post
Aja's father was a pall bearer at Tonya's funeral yesterday.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,3625690.story
Gosh, my heart breaks for this dad!

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned

awww
man im hoping they find her, alive, and soon.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 PM

Argh...I'm so disappointed.

I've been "out of service" for the last couple of days due to a pinched nerve, and was so hoping to come here and see Aja had been found safe or at the very least, some media coverage for her sake.

I am so frustrated and cannot comprehend why no media coverage...prayers for Aja.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
WS Administrator

I wish I knew what to do for this little one. If I could, I would drive to Oklahoma and look for her myself. Everywhere I drive, I look for that car.

Salem
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 PM
WS Administrator

Hobbs isn't even on the 15 most wanted list by the US Marshals. What is up with that? (raging here)

Salem

Okay - my rage is over. He is listed under the "major cases" list.

Last edited by Salem; 02-10-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: add comment
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Banned

the level of le incompetence is frightening here.

although the circumstances are diffrent this must be what it was like to be jaycee dugard in 1991......be in the hands of a madman while le stumbles bumbles and fumbles your life away.....and the saddest thing is that technology is such today that le agencies efforts should be way more cooridnated then it was 19 years ago. but apperently it's not.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
Wondering if anyone has seen this beautiful little girl? Her name is Aja!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 08:44 AM

Bumping for Aja. Prayers for you , sweet angel. No news coverage at all that I can find.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SondraK For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
The key to change... is to let go of fear

Does anyone know if Hobbs is a registered sex offender ? I just read it and I have not heard that ... I'll go check ...I mean the news hasn't reported it at least not that I am aware of ...ugh
Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 PM
The key to change... is to let go of fear

Ok so I do not find Lester anywhere as a RSO ... I hate when people don't get their facts straight !
Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
Ok so I do not find Lester anywhere as a RSO ... I hate when people don't get their facts straight !
who said he was a rso?

his rap sheet was posted here but there was no sex offenses that i saw
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
I'm sure this is still just a part of it! Information from Hobb's criminal records, OkieGal's info, sleuthers comments & info.

Lester William Hobbs
B/D 2/20/63

Somewhere early there is a charge of 'cruelty to a child'

03/02/83 - burglary 2nd degree

01/01/87 - T. Sue W. Hobbs v Lester Hobbs Divorce (when was marriage???)

04/16/92 - violation of probation??? (convicted)

09/29/92 - DUI, assault with deadly weapon, eluding PO (convicted)

10/21/92 - violation of probation (convicted)

01/31/95 - DUI
09/31/95 - DUI (convicted

10/29/98 - eluding police officer
19/29/98 - DUI/Possession of controlled dangerous substance - cocaine (convicted)

01/28/2000 - Lester Hobbs and Rose Marie E.**** married
No divorce found

03/29/2000 - DUI w/ticket deferred
(convicted on 10/11/2000)

10/11/2000 - resisting arrest/eluding officer/driving with revoked license (convicted)

2001 - protective order filed by S. Lynne (check this date?)

06/07/01 - Assault with deadly weapon
08/07/01 - Dismissed

06/08/01 - S. Lynne Hobbs vs Lester Hobbs protective order
06/18/01 - PO closed

08/30/01 - Assault & battery with deadly weapon

09/10/01 - S.L. and Hobbs divorce without minor children (when were they married?)

01/24/03 - convicted of Assault and battery with deadly weapon

05/12/05 - S. Lynne C. once again files protective order - 4 years later
05/23/05 - PO closed for S. Lynne C.

8/26/05 - M. Dawn and Hobbs marriage

09//09/05 - M. Dawn Hobbs divorce from Lester Hobbs

09/21/05 - Divorce final (Judge ordered neither to remarry for next six months).

two months later:
11/29/05 - Tanya Duncan & Lester Hobbs married
1st daughter born 97 or 98 ~ 8yo --- Aja about 2yo, born 2002/2003

02/20/09 - DUI

08/06/09 - Emergency order of protection issued for Tanya

"My husband has threatened to hit my daughter in the head with a hammer and kill them, he also threatened to kill me if I left him.”

8/18/09 - EOP dismissed after 12 days (parties failed to show - Tanya couldn't be found at work or home)

12/04/09 - Dad granted full custody of Aja (4 year battle)

01/24/1010 - Tanya murdered and Aja kidnapped
01/25/10 failure to appear for DUI charge - bench warrant issued

Complete chaos! Continuance after continuance while he terrorized his wives and those around him. mho DO YOU THINK HOBBS PLANNED THIS! Any corrections please let me know. TIA
Texas Mist - there was an earlier report that Hobbs was charged with cruelty to a child - that was sometime in the 80's - I didn't find it anywhere. This represents SOME of his offenses, difficult to find all of them. He is NOT a registered sex offender. Also, OK called in a sex offender team cause they thought he might be sexually offending Aja, but there is nothing to substantiate that. hope this helps. mho

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 03:20 PM

Praying for Aja
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OkieGal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Go Chicago Bears!

bumpity bump for little AJA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 02:54 AM

Find Aja Johnson

http://findajajohnson.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robertjacksonjr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
Texas Mist - there was an earlier report that Hobbs was charged with cruelty to a child - that was sometime in the 80's - I didn't find it anywhere. This represents SOME of his offenses, difficult to find all of them. He is NOT a registered sex offender. Also, OK called in a sex offender team cause they thought he might be sexually offending Aja, but there is nothing to substantiate that. hope this helps. mho
Thanks - but I wasn't confused about his SO status...I only posted what was in online articles that said just what you said -- the sex offender team was called in because they got some info that it was possible (paraphrasing)...I checked my posts for this thread (maybe I missed something that I posted in error? I just can't find it or recall doing it. )
~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 AM

There was a large article in todays local newspaper that had some interesting information. If I can't find it online then I will type it all in. I know we all thought (or at least I did) that Lester was not "online" anywhere but I guess he was.

According to the newspaper which is describing the numerous search warrants that have been filed in the case.

"The affidavit states that Hobbs may have been contacting unknown person(s) by computer via sexually-oriented web sites and could possibly have contact with someone who it helping hide him. Investigators also sought to search MySpace and Facebook accounts Hobbs may have set up - several scraps of paper with login accounts and passwords were retrieved during an early February search of the RV."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OkieGal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 11:18 AM

Lawton Constitution, Friday Feb 12th

Killing and kidnapping case tough, frustrating

BY SCOTT RAINS & MALINDA RUST STAFF WRITERS

GERONIMO — “I’ve been involved in numerous manhunts, but I’ve never been in one like this,” Richard Goss said of the perplexing disappearance of Aja Johnson and her alleged abductor, Lester Hobbs.
Goss, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation’s agent in charge of the Southwest Regional Office, said that in 34 years of law enforcement he’s never seen two people — and, more pointedly, a car — disappear so completely. Law enforcement has continued its hunt for Hobbs, the girl and the 1992 Toyota Paseo he is believed to be driving since the Jan. 24 discovery of Tonya Hobbs’ body inside an RV parked at 203 Minnesota in Geronimo.
“It’s puzzling,” Goss said. “The auto would be the elephant, and the people the mouse. But we haven’t received any legit sightings of the auto.”
What police
say happened
An Amber Alert continues for the 7-year-old Johnson. Hobbs, 46, is accused of killing his estranged wife, Tonya, 37, by way of traumatic injuries to her head, neck and abdomen, according to the medical examiner. Hobbs was charged Jan. 26 in the Comanche County District Court with first degree murder and kidnapping.
Numerous search warrants have been filed in Comanche County since the discovery of the dead woman. The initial search warrant described a “massive injury to the left side of (Tonya Hobbs’) the neck” and of bloody towels, blankets and a hammer sought for evidence collection, according to an affidavit.
Internet connections
may be key
Other warrants were issued to search three locations — Hobbs’ RV, Mildred Anderson’s (his sister) trailer, and another nearby camper owned by Lee Lively. The affidavit states Hobbs may have been contacting unknown person(s) by computer via sexually-oriented Web sites and could possibly have contact with someone who is helping hide him. Investigators also sought to search MySpace and Facebook accounts Hobbs may have set up — several scraps of paper with login accounts and passwords were r e t r i e v e d during an early February search of the RV. A DNA warrant request for Aja and Lester Hobbs’ DNA was made as well as a request to take the RV for more evidence analysis.
Investigators are exploring all possibilities, Goss said.
With an almost 24-hour head start before Tonya Hobbs was discovered, L e s t e r Hobbs and Aja Johnson slipped away into the night. Goss said that in any missing child case, time is of the e s s e n c e . With investigators receiving information that Lester Hobbs may sexually abuse the child, law enforcement continues with aggressive investigation.
Search goes
house-to-house
A house-by-house search was conducted last week through Geronimo but no new leads were found. The story has received national media attention and was briefly featured Jan. 30 on “America’s Most Wanted,” but of the over 300 leads that have been received, not one has panned out, Goss said. Investigators have begun reevaluating existing evidence and information and are looking at all possibilities including the possibility of an accident while fleeing Geronimo. The winter storm that hit the area slowed up the investigation’s footwork but not the brainstorming, Goss said.
“There’s nothing off the table,” Goss said. “If you can think of it, I guarantee you somebody has and we’re looking into it or have.”
The possibility that someone(s) has/have taken Hobbs in and is/are providing cover during the manhunt incensed the agent.
“If somebody is providing aid to him, rest assured that it will not be worth it,” Goss said. “If someone’s helping him, they need to do what’s right and turn him in to law enforcement.”
Medication needed
Aja Johnson suffers from bi-polar disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and sleeping issues that require medication — the last time she’s had her medication is Jan. 22. Goss said police and volunteers have taken her as their own child, in a way.
“We all own a part of her; we’ve all pretty much become her family by proxy,” Goss said. “We’re going to do everything we can to find her and return her to safety.”
Despite Thursday’s overcast skies and evidentiary shadows that obscure the case’s resolution, the investigator said law enforcement is maintaining open eyes and ideas in hopes of finding the little girl alive and well — no matter how long it takes.
“We look at it with the openness and the true belief that we’ll find her and that we’ll find her alive,” Goss said.
“Someday, this will come to an end.”
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OkieGal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Retired WS Staff

Killing and kidnapping case tough, frustrating

Scott Rains & Malinda Rust

GERONIMO "I've been involved in numerous manhunts, but I've never been in one like this," Richard Goss said of the perplexing disappearance of Aja Johnson and her alleged abductor, Lester Hobbs.

Goss, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's agent in charge of the Southwest Regional Office, said that in 34 years of law enforcement he's never seen two people and, more pointedly, a car disappear so completely. Law enforcement has continued its hunt for Hobbs, the girl and the 1992 Toyota Paseo he is believed to be driving since the Jan. 24 discovery of Tonya Hobbs' body inside an RV parked at 203 Minnesota in Geronimo.

"It's puzzling," Goss said. "The auto would be the elephant, and the people the mouse. But we haven't received any legit sightings of the auto."

http://www.swoknews.com/main.asp?Sec...ubSectionID=98

disappointing update
~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread