Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Justice For Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns View Post
Hmm didn't see anyone with the same initials.
I think they meant same initials as each other .. for example: A. A.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22933185/detail.html

News article - Tacoma
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georockgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM

Jf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Maple View Post
Nope...it's brown. And I'll add (IMO) Not attractive, and very much not surferlike.
If i remember right JF either had a small scar or cleft palate surgery on his lip.I Only saw him a couple a times it was several years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YOJO For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin'4thewrld2chg View Post
My best GUESS is that, in the end, the perpetrator may turn out to be someone we don't "know" or haven't paid much attention to. IF polygraphs were failed, could it be because the one(s) being administered the polygraphs felt pretty sure they knew who committed the crime and somehow felt responsible for the circumstances that caused the perp and MC to cross paths and know one another, if they did? At least some of the questions might be failed that way....?

I further GUESS that the motive for the crime could be a feeling of being spurned, which could be pure invention in the mind of a very, very disturbed individual who never would have seriously been in the running for MC's affections in the first place. I wouldn't think that rape would necessarily have to be a part of that scenario but I haven't studied the statistics.

The perp may or may not be a person who ends up being a serial killer, if they aren't already. The varied methods used in cause of death might well indicate a first victim, with desperation and inexperience being manifested. (Conjecture.) Whether the person goes on to murder again could depend upon many factors. For now, the "venting" has occurred. If similar spurning is perceived by the disturbed mind, the perp now has past horrible but "effective" actions in his "bag of tricks". It is often easier for we humans to repeat an action we already know than to create a new response to "problem-solving". All pure imaginings of mine.
I just wanted to say this post is EXTREMELY well written. Very articulate. Thank you for the "mind excersize". If you ever write a book, I would like to read it........
The Following User Says Thank You to shortstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scentamental View Post
IF the rumored twice failed lie detectors test WERE true.....would it still be possible that the test taker was not involved in any way? Does anyone know any stats on the accuracy, etc?
I remember hearing something like 95% accurate?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:55 PM

Accuracy of a polygraph... It says nearly 100%.

http://www.truthorlie.com/accurate.html
The Following User Says Thank You to *Intrigued* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydiggity View Post
A realtor who works in the same office as WC was the realtor that supposedly held the open house at WC spec home the day after MC body was found and the day after local LE had done a cursory search the night before. She is the one that purportedly “saw” something but was reluctant to say what she "saw" in the spec home. She has identical first and last initials. Anyone know of her, or knows anyone who knows her who could do some digging??
I just looked to see who this is. I don't know her. I have wondered which realtor found "something".
The Following User Says Thank You to Nancee Drue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:02 PM

About polygraph tests: You can't pass a polygraph unless you actually take one.
Maybe, the rumor that someone failed a polygraph, is only true because he/she didn't take one?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More View Post
I think it is disappointing that the WW removed MC's pic from their first home page on the web. Why wouldn't her pic and reward $ info be on the web front-page and hard-copy front page until this is solved?
I know... it makes it seem like they have moved on. At least we haven't!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Optimism For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydiggity View Post
A realtor who works in the same office as WC was the realtor that supposedly held the open house at WC spec home the day after MC body was found and the day after local LE had done a cursory search the night before. She is the one that purportedly “saw” something but was reluctant to say what she "saw" in the spec home. She has identical first and last initials. Anyone know of her, or knows anyone who knows her who could do some digging??
She does not want to talk until AFTER investigation. Soorrry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shortstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Intrigued* View Post

In reality, that 'nearly 100%' figure means only that polygraph results are not reliable, nor are they admissable as 'factual' evidence as to imply guilt or innocence. Results only indicate a testee responded in particular showing in response to particular questioning and as influenced by measurable environment and unknown mental state.

To put it simply:

If a testee *believes* his/her responses are accurate then so will the polygraph.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen View Post

If a testee *believes* his/her responses are accurate then so will the polygraph.
An habitual liar, who believes his own lies, might pass a polygraph?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Intrigued* View Post

"A 1997 survey of 421 psychologists estimated the test's average accuracy at about 61%, a little better than chance."

"In the 1998 Supreme Court case, United States v. Scheffer, the majority stated that "There is simply no consensus that polygraph evidence is reliable"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlainFranky For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georockgirl View Post
Quote:
TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma police said they are looking for a rapist who waited in his victim's car and then attacked her in broad daylight.

Police spokesman Officer Andrew Hankins said the woman had parked her car outside her home near South 62nd Street and South Wapato Street in Tacoma.

When the victim got into her car Tuesday afternoon, the man was hiding inside. Hankins said the man forced her to drive a short distance and then told her to park. It was then, said Hankins, that the man sexually assaulted her.

He said the victim was told to drive her attacker to nearby Wapato Park, where he got out of the car and ran away. The woman went to a Tacoma police substation located at the park and reported the rape.

A detailed description of the man has not been released.
bbm and color-changed

We might safely assume MC entered an empty vehicle in the parking lot. I expect the surprise of seeing someone hiding in her vehicle would have caused MC to panic and attempt to exit the vehicle or at least delay her driving out of the parking lot. We also might expect erratic driving during that moment.

BUT ...

... that does not mean someone could not have entered her car while she was getting coffee or visiting her bf in the Target store.

Now, what's up with a description not being released? I hope it's because LE was not provided a description, as opposed to their keeping the description close to the cuff because they're waiting to trip up a suspect into describing himself when they catch him, just to be sure he is indeed, the perp.

Gee whiz.

Last edited by ChuckMaureen; 03-24-2010 at 05:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChuckMaureen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancee Drue View Post
An habitual liar, who believes his own lies, might pass a polygraph?
Absolutely.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen View Post

bbm and color-changed

We might safely assume MC entered an empty vehicle in the parking lot. I expect the surprise of seeing someone hiding in her vehicle would have caused MC to panic and attempt to exit the vehicle or at least delay her driving out of the parking lot. We also might expect erratic driving during that moment.

BUT ...

... that does not mean someone could ot have entered her car while she was getting coffee or visiting her bf in the Target store.

Now, what's up a description not being released? I hope it's because LE was not provided a description, as opposed to their keeping the description close to the cuff because they're waiting to trip up a suspect into describing himself when they catch him, just to be sure he is indeed, the perp.

Gee whiz.
Yeah, I don't see any mention of a weapon...knife? gun? whatever.
Closed Thread