Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 PM

What's going on with this case? How recent were her tattoos? There is often someone appreciating and encouraging someone to get tattoos. Where was her tattoo parlor? Has anyone checked out this angle?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM

Has this case been profiled on AMW, and if not, then why not? Her short stature and tattoos are clear identifiers.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Where Are All The Missing ?

I am still wondering about the other glass they took prints from and why it is taking so long to come back.

Where is Nancy Moyer?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...er#post5351180
Old 04-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

They may just not be releasing it for public consumption.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:26 PM

Just saw MISSING: Rachael Anderson, 40, from Clarkston, WA. Short and looks like Nancy Moyer. Odd. Disappears over weekend. Coincidence?
Old 04-21-2010, 08:53 PM

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...chael+anderson

Bringing over the Rachael Anderson thread for access. Weird that there are now 3 women missing from Washington that all look quite similar IMO.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 PM

Is it just me thinking this way or are way too many women going missing from WA.

Where is Nancy Moyer?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 04:12 PM

Agreed RubyRed, and probably complete coincidence but they all look kinda alike too.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Sadly, nothing new in the search for Nancy. Thought I would provide a link to her missing page.

http://www.nancymoyer.com/index.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2010, 06:45 PM

Help Find Nancy Moyer !

Where is Nancy Moyer?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM

Whatever happened to that glass that was being sent in for prints? I felt little hope that something useful would be gained, but I would still like to hear the outcome.

What's the latest Detective Haller?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude

Hi all, I'm pretty new to WS but I have read a little about this case as well as Shantina Smiley as I found it coincidental they are both in the Olympia area. Just wanted to share some insight about the Olympia area...it is rampant with meth and the outlying towns such as Tenino are where many of the Meth cooks live and many dealers go out to these little towns to get their supply. I also think there are some similarities in their appearances, they both look more ethnic than caucasion IMO and both have dark hair and dark eyes.

I can also say living in that area for several years and being very close to the meth scene that there are some very bizarre things these people do and weird almost cultish groups they are part of, there were many meth people that followed this person I believe the name was Ramtha or something like that and they would all meet at that property and have gatherings and I believe she would go into trances and other things, I do not know if she is still around. It does not appear that there are any indications of drug use by either Nancy or Smiley, however in an area like that trust me it is not hard to get sucked into. Even if there is no drug use just the sheer fact of where they disappeared from does not make me doubt for a second that drugs could have been a factor even if it just involved the perp.

I knew several women who had good, stable jobs and children and started dabbling in meth here and there with men and the next thing you know they are quitting there jobs and cashing out their 401k's to blow it all on meth. That area is horrible, I'm sure other towns/cities have the same problem but I can honestly say that the Olympia area and out of all the places I have lived that area struck me as the worst for sucking good, decent, nice people into meth and loosing everything they had in such a short time.

Shantina's case "appears" to be a drowning at least with her son but she is yet to be found.

Just thought I would shed some background on that area, also McCleary where the little girl is missing from and I apologize I do not remember her name at the moment and tried to find it but must be far down on the threads, anyway this town is in that area as well and when I saw the pictures someone had posted of the town it screamed METH COOK central to me. Sorry for the long post just noticed some people pointing out the vicinity of the missing women and thought I would give you a little background on the shadiness that goes on there.

I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy."
I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,
to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter:
to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sleuthy sleutherson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 AM

You are thinking about Lindsey Baum, from McCleary. She has a sub-forum that is at the top of the main page.

Lindsey Baum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Where is Nancy Moyer?

The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious, boastful, arrogant or rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
You are thinking about Lindsey Baum, from McCleary. She has a sub-forum that is at the top of the main page.

Lindsey Baum - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Thanks, I looked and looked and knew I would recognize the name if I saw it, it's late, should be in bed but this site has become a new obsession and I knew people would know who I was referring to, that's why this site is so good

I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy."
I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,
to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter:
to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all
The Following User Says Thank You to sleuthy sleutherson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 PM

Goombah are there any searches scheduled in the near future? Any updates you can share?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Goombah are there any searches scheduled in the near future? Any updates you can share?
I constantly check her page and have found no updates.

http://www.nancymoyer.com/AboutNancy.html

Where is Nancy Moyer?

The Following User Says Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 PM

Where is Nancy Moyer?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 04:45 PM

I have a feeling Nancy's case is headed for the cold case file drawer. Sure hope I'm wrong!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I have a feeling Nancy's case is headed for the cold case file drawer. Sure hope I'm wrong!
I think you are right.

Where is Nancy Moyer?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM

A message from Bev Poston

Dear Friends,

On Saturday, June 26th, the “Friends of Nancy Moyer” will be at Heritage Park in Olympia recognizing the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Lindsay Baum.

It is heartbreaking that Lindsay has been gone for a year and there are still no leads as to who has taken her. Our heart goes out to her family, friends and community.

There are so many people currently missing in the state of Washington. This event will recognize and give a face to those who are gone but not forgotten by their friends and loved ones.

The event is scheduled to run from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a safety magic show, the “Crime Stoppers” PT Cruiser, “Thurston County Search and Rescue” Bloodhounds and more educational fun for kids. Guest speakers include Melissa Baum (Lindsay Baum’s mother), Bev Poston (friend and colleague of Nancy Moyer), Chuck and/or Judy Cox (members of Susan Powell’s Family), as well as speakers from “Mothers Against Sex Crimes” and Law Enforcement.

The program will end with a musical concert being provided by Sam Watkins and Fate Train.

If you are able to attend, please come to provide support for this event. We want to raise our voices out loud to let those who are missing know they have not been forgotten and that we will continue searching for them with the hope of someday bringing them back home.

Bev Poston
Friends of Nancy Moyer
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to goombah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Let's find Lindsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombah View Post
Dear Friends,

On Saturday, June 26th, the “Friends of Nancy Moyer” will be at Heritage Park in Olympia recognizing the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Lindsay Baum.

It is heartbreaking that Lindsay has been gone for a year and there are still no leads as to who has taken her. Our heart goes out to her family, friends and community.

There are so many people currently missing in the state of Washington. This event will recognize and give a face to those who are gone but not forgotten by their friends and loved ones.

The event is scheduled to run from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be a safety magic show, the “Crime Stoppers” PT Cruiser, “Thurston County Search and Rescue” Bloodhounds and more educational fun for kids. Guest speakers include Melissa Baum (Lindsay Baum’s mother), Bev Poston (friend and colleague of Nancy Moyer), Chuck and/or Judy Cox (members of Susan Powell’s Family), as well as speakers from “Mothers Against Sex Crimes” and Law Enforcement.

The program will end with a musical concert being provided by Sam Watkins and Fate Train.

If you are able to attend, please come to provide support for this event. We want to raise our voices out loud to let those who are missing know they have not been forgotten and that we will continue searching for them with the hope of someday bringing them back home.

Bev Poston
Friends of Nancy Moyer
Amen! Thank You Bev and everyone. I'm so happy we've all come together for this event. We are their voices, and we need to speak loud and clear. See you Saturday!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to breanna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2010, 09:38 PM

Wish I could be there, I'll be thinking of Nancy and Lindsey.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
WS Moderator

Lindsey's Day spotlights families of missing

[snip]

Saturday’s event, Lindsey’s Day of Hope and Awareness, was a gathering to support not only Lindsey’s families but all families with missing children. Friends and family of Nancy Moyer, the Tenino woman who disappeared 15 months ago, also participated.

[snip]

Poston worked with Moyer for 10 years at the state Department of Ecology. Poston told the crowd that before Moyer disappeared, she told Poston she was happy, was blessed to have good friends and that life was going well. Since, Poston has been among a group of volunteers who have participated in about two dozen search-and-rescue efforts and also have held fundraisers to help raise about $8,000 in college money for Moyer’s children. Vicki Cline, who also works at Ecology and knew Moyer, also was there.

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 06:35 PM

Saturday’s event for the missing

http://www.q13fox.com/videobeta/af6c...um-Anniversary

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Chil...-97237629.html

Thank you all for caring. ♥
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goombah For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2010, 03:51 PM

Where is Nancy?

Where is Nancy Moyer?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RubyRed For This Useful Post: