Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

Defense finds something new in old evidence?

According to WFTV, Jose Baez is saying the defense experts found something new in the evidence they are looking at. Hmmm. Here's a snip from the article:

The defense claims they've made some discoveries.

“There's things you see that you can't see in pictures, that you can’t see in pictures that you see in person,” Baez said.

The defense won't tell WFTV what they've found that they didn't know before or the extent of their discoveries. They do not want WFTV to know exactly what they're looking at, even though the sheriff's office is videotaping and that tape will eventually be released.

How it can be possible for them find something new after all of this time, especially with the questionable Dr. Lee there? I'm thinking Baez is just saying that to make it look like they've found something. I don't think there's any way that all of a sudden new evidence can show up on the same evidence LE has already scoured.

What do you guys think? And what possibly could they have found?

Last edited by Aedrys; 07-14-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:22 PM

If there really is new evidence, I wonder if Dr. Lee put it there? (I couldn't resist)
Old 07-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Inactive

They just want to control the news cycle.

Aedrey, your instincts are correct. The defense needed something to get Cheney Mason is a jerk news cycle bumped. So they come up with this evasive silly claim. You know b s when you hear it. They want Nancy Grace, et al to lead with Defense finds something new rather than Defense Lawyer Cheney Mason called a reporter a jackass.

The only reason anything could be new to them, which oddly they do not realize everyone is aware of, is because for two years the evidence has sat there, and the defense while squandering two hundred , seventy five thousand dollars, never brought the experts to inspect it.

Mrs. Drane-Burdick let Judge Perry know in the last hearing that
a) The State had offered, many times to send the evidence to the defense experts they would designate and
b) The State had offered , many times to allow for the defense experts to come to look at the evidence

In the words of Mrs. Drane-Burdick, "The court should deny the motion without even entertaining arguments on it." That is what I fully expect the judge to do.

EMERGENCY MOTIONS HEARING
PART 1 24 minute mark Mrs. Drane Burdick lets the court know that they have offered to send or have defense experts come to view the evidence
http://www.wftv.com/video/24124701/in...

For part of 2008 all of 2009 and six months into 2010 the defense has turned down these offers.

I'll say they found something new. All of it is new to them. You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

Last edited by The World According; 07-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 01:27 PM

I hadn't considered that, TWA. Good point. I just figured Baez was blowing hot air out his a** again. Like with the "Casey is innocent, you'll see it in court" phrase he kept saying over and over again. Puhleese.

I know from watching forensics shows that sometimes new evidence is found. But I just don't think that's the case here. It's an insult to LE to say that something new was found. Whatever, Baez. Keep telling yourself that to sleep at night.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Retired WS Staff

Cough cough cough hack hack hack.... Ahem Ahem

Oh......sorry...had to clear my throat. That huge smokescreen (aka the bad press deflective device) that the defense lobbed was a bit thick. Had to catch my breath.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Retired WS Staff

Maybe HL found a fingernail???????
Old 07-14-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
I am going to DIE if it's a fingernail - OMG!

Seriously...I keep wanting to say the defense wouldn't do that, but I can see their faces like what? why is a fingernail a bad thing? *facepalm*
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 01:34 PM
WS Moderator

Well of course they have because they never took advantage of the fact that the evidence has been available to them for inspection for over a year. The real thing is always better to look at than a picture.....hello, Mr. JB??? Or it could be that Dr. Lee said, "Uh oh. Car still stink. Can't be pizza." lol
Old 07-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Retired WS Staff

Maybe they found pizza????

Maybe they found ...........Zanny. She's been hiding in the evidence envelopes all this time.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Maybe they found that script Casey was talking about?

Maybe they found those pesky SIM cards that were missing?

Maybe they found that post it note with Zanny's phone number?

Oh wait, I know, maybe they found a note written by Jessie Grund addressed to Roy Kronk outlining the "plan" to frame Casey.

Okay fine, maybe they found the title on a brand new R.V........

MOO
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM

If they REALLY found something new they would be screaming what it was from the top of a mountain. They are just trying to cast reasonable doubt among potential jurors. They have done this before, remember in court, "we have proof that someone else put Caylee's body there" Never saw that evidence did we. Same thing will happen with this, just another smokescreen from the defense.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Unless it is a videotape of someone else kidnapping Caylee from Casey's loving arms and killing this poor child, I am not going to get excited.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Old 07-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Listening to my gut

I agree with TWA...how convenient is that right after ol' Cheney Mason makes a jacka$$ of himself, going off on Kathi, that the defense just happens to find something "new" in the old evidence?

Puleeze. Maybe if they look hard enough they can find something "borrowed" and something "blue" too.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Retired WS Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
I agree with TWA...how convenient is that right after ol' Cheney Mason makes a jacka$$ of himself, going off on Kathi, that the defense just happens to find something "new" in the old evidence?

Puleeze. Maybe if they look hard enough they can find something "borrowed" like CA's credit cards? and something "blue" like that dress in the Fusuan photos. too.
BBM and Red by me.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"

There is NO WAY the defense found anything new!
Baez is speaking gobbily-gook. All he said was things looks different in person rather than looking at a photograph. Gee, I could have told him that years ago!

Old 07-14-2010, 01:46 PM

*almost dies laughing* Sleutherontheside and Lambchop, you are killing me!!!! ROFL!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:47 PM

I don't believe it anymore than I believe that I am gonna have an "aha......now I completely understand!" moment during the trial like Mr. Baez promised me.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckengirl View Post
If they REALLY found something new they would be screaming what it was from the top of a mountain. They are just trying to cast reasonable doubt among potential jurors. They have done this before, remember in court, "we have proof that someone else put Caylee's body there" Never saw that evidence did we. Same thing will happen with this, just another smokescreen from the defense.
ITA, New evidence but he can't say what it is? Yea, right Did he call the press to announcem this latest piece of BS.
LE has plenty of real evidence and its all against ICA.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to tsitra01 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Praying for Justice!

Quote:
Maybe they found pizza????

Maybe they found ...........Zanny. She's been hiding in the evidence envelopes all this time.
They found evidence of a squirrel named Zanny!
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf
Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 PM

lol, you guys crack me up.

Maybe she found her "daddy" waitin in a big ole RV

Quote:
Anyone know how to get coffee spray off of a monitor?

ok back on topic... I also think this is a smoke screen to get something in the news besides CM's outrageous behavior. These guys will do anything to make it appear that they have something besides a guilty client.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Omachka For This Useful Post:
Praying for Justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsitra01 View Post
ITA, New evidence but he can't say what it is? Yea, right Did he call the press to announcem this latest piece of BS.
LE has plenty of real evidence and its all against ICA.

Theoretically this is ALL new evidence to them, after 2 years they are just looking at it with experts that aren't even listed on the defense witness list!
"His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf
Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Oh puleeeeze!! If they found any new evidence, it's evidence that Casey did it! Right now, JB is probably trying to figure out how to leak this new "evidence" tomorrow to take the focus off Cindy putting another nail in her daughter's coffin.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Inactive

What did Baez and company discover? Oh gee, for starters you can bet that Baez got knocked off his shoe lifts and fell on his keester when he "discovered" just how bad the Pontiac trunk still reeks of human decomposition. JMO!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Lifetime WS Non-Mod

If they found something new then they put it there! JMO
My first thought too was "please tell me it's a fingernail." Good ol' HL...lol