Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Kyron Horman

Notices

Kyron Horman Kyron went missing from his school in Oregon. His mother has a civil suit on his step-mother and his father is in the middle of a divorce. WHERE IS KYRON?


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynmaree View Post
Ok...disclaimer before I type anything...this reply IS NOT going to be popular among most of us.

If I were in charge of the investigation I would do pretty much exactly what LE has done to date...they have played everything close to the vest so as not to tip their hand and release vital details to tip off the suspect(s) if they are close OR even more importantly, if Kyron is still alive, make that person(s) feel threatened or rushed or backed into a corner in turn feeling as though they have no way out but to harm or silence him.

OUR suspicions of Terri have come about from the family (who understandably would have a harder time leaving the emotion out of it), MSM (who lets face it are in the business of selling the story so of course are going to hone in on the soap opera side of things), Unconfirmed sources and friends of friends of friends....(who cannot be considered as reliable IMO)

LE has not at any time voiced an opinion or given any negative connotation toward TH...even when discussing the truck and the photos and fliers they were very careful to choose wording that was non committal and non accusatory...THAT IS BY DESIGN

OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this....they just have to focus on two major factors....1) how to get Kyron home alive if he still is without endangering him further or tipping off the abductors as they approach and 2) making sure all of the t's are crossed and i's dotted so that the case is as airtight as possible when it comes to that....they do not want evidence discounted because its tainted or jury selection impossible...

and IF they ARE close...do you think they would let us know so that it could get caught up in MSM and then TH and/or the others responsible could have time and opportunity to move him, hide him deeper, or God forbid permanently silence him???

IMO LE is doing exactly what they should be doing....our hearts just want a resolution NOW since we have all come to love this baby sooooo much and just want him home where he belongs NOW...there is so much we DONT know that we assume (out of emotion) that there must be errors and slip ups or stones left unturned or steps not taken but the fact is...we dont know what we dont know and its not our job to know...its actually probably much better for Kyron that we dont.

Im going to go out on a limb and predict that, once this case is solved (and I wholeheartedly believe it will be!) that we will be appreciative of what we found out later that LE DID know all along and the steps they took to protect that information at all costs. I just cant help but think with all of these agencies involved (FBI, etc) that they MUST be on the right road. I also know that they are determined to resolve this (probably even more so than we are although I know each of us is fully invested in this little angel!) They are mostly parents too and even if they arent, they have chosen their professions because they feel a call of duty to protect and serve. This baby disappearend on their watch...they DO NOT want to fail or take short cuts.
If Kaine and Desiree are 100% supportive of LE efforts being that they know a hell of a lot more than we do, than thats good enough for me.

AND..to take it a step further...I hope that TH or whoever is responsible DOES NOT feel the walls closing in unless it makes her/them do the right thing and talk....if the intention is to never speak up then I hope LE can sneak up on them and take them off guard.

This is just my opinion....be gentle everyone when u disagree and want my head on a platter for voicing it.
Perfect! That is exactly how I feel. I realize it's good discussion material for some, which is why I've stayed out of it since I feel the same way you do, but to say what we would do if we got our turn indicates we don't like what the police are currently doing. There'd be nothing to discuss if everyone was in agreement that the LE is doing all that they can, and that they have their reasons for not letting the hungry public know what they are doing. Their responsibility is to find Kyron and make whoever made him disappear pay for it, not bend to the will of the public and make them privy to everything LE has just to sate them.

And I have to say, I think LE has done a lot of what people have suggested they'd do anyway - we just don't know it yet!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:
  #127  
Old 09-13-2010, 01:11 PM
lynmaree lynmaree is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
I'll second that!!!!
Whew! I was scared to hit "submit"! So glad to know Im not the only one that feels this way! Thanks for the support!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lynmaree For This Useful Post:
  #128  
Old 09-13-2010, 01:14 PM
lynmaree lynmaree is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
Perfect! Their responsibility is to find Kyron and make whoever made him disappear pay for it, not bend to the will of the public and make them privy to everything LE has just to sate them.
And I have to say, I think LE has done a lot of what people have suggested they'd do anyway - we just don't know it yet!
All I can say is AB-SO-freakin'-LUTELY!!!!!! I agree 1000%
(respectfully bolded by me)
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lynmaree For This Useful Post:
  #129  
Old 09-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Adrienne37 Adrienne37 is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynmaree View Post
Whew! I was scared to hit "submit"! So glad to know Im not the only one that feels this way! Thanks for the support!
Lynmaree, you are definitely not alone in your opinion!!! There are many of us here who feel exactly the same as you!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
  #130  
Old 09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
liz b. liz b. is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynmaree View Post
Ok...disclaimer before I type anything...this reply IS NOT going to be popular among most of us.

If I were in charge of the investigation I would do pretty much exactly what LE has done to date...they have played everything close to the vest so as not to tip their hand and release vital details to tip off the suspect(s) if they are close OR even more importantly, if Kyron is still alive, make that person(s) feel threatened or rushed or backed into a corner in turn feeling as though they have no way out but to harm or silence him.

OUR suspicions of Terri have come about from the family (who understandably would have a harder time leaving the emotion out of it), MSM (who lets face it are in the business of selling the story so of course are going to hone in on the soap opera side of things), Unconfirmed sources and friends of friends of friends....(who cannot be considered as reliable IMO)

LE has not at any time voiced an opinion or given any negative connotation toward TH...even when discussing the truck and the photos and fliers they were very careful to choose wording that was non committal and non accusatory...THAT IS BY DESIGN

OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this....they just have to focus on two major factors....1) how to get Kyron home alive if he still is without endangering him further or tipping off the abductors as they approach and 2) making sure all of the t's are crossed and i's dotted so that the case is as airtight as possible when it comes to that....they do not want evidence discounted because its tainted or jury selection impossible...

and IF they ARE close...do you think they would let us know so that it could get caught up in MSM and then TH and/or the others responsible could have time and opportunity to move him, hide him deeper, or God forbid permanently silence him???

IMO LE is doing exactly what they should be doing....our hearts just want a resolution NOW since we have all come to love this baby sooooo much and just want him home where he belongs NOW...there is so much we DONT know that we assume (out of emotion) that there must be errors and slip ups or stones left unturned or steps not taken but the fact is...we dont know what we dont know and its not our job to know...its actually probably much better for Kyron that we dont.

Im going to go out on a limb and predict that, once this case is solved (and I wholeheartedly believe it will be!) that we will be appreciative of what we found out later that LE DID know all along and the steps they took to protect that information at all costs. I just cant help but think with all of these agencies involved (FBI, etc) that they MUST be on the right road. I also know that they are determined to resolve this (probably even more so than we are although I know each of us is fully invested in this little angel!) They are mostly parents too and even if they arent, they have chosen their professions because they feel a call of duty to protect and serve. This baby disappearend on their watch...they DO NOT want to fail or take short cuts.
If Kaine and Desiree are 100% supportive of LE efforts being that they know a hell of a lot more than we do, than thats good enough for me.

AND..to take it a step further...I hope that TH or whoever is responsible DOES NOT feel the walls closing in unless it makes her/them do the right thing and talk....if the intention is to never speak up then I hope LE can sneak up on them and take them off guard.

This is just my opinion....be gentle everyone when u disagree and want my head on a platter for voicing it.

" OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this "... It's quite possible that they don't know who did this.Indeed,possible that no one knows for sure what "this " even is ?

All JMO
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:
  #131  
Old 09-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Jo in Calif's Avatar
Jo in Calif Jo in Calif is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynmaree View Post
Whew! I was scared to hit "submit"! So glad to know Im not the only one that feels this way! Thanks for the support!
Standing beside you on your post, thank you for typing all that up, saved me from having to do it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jo in Calif For This Useful Post:
  #132  
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 PM
gliving gliving is offline
Just the facts, ma'am
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
" OF COURSE THEY KNOW who did this "... It's quite possible that they don't know who did this.Indeed,possible that no one knows for sure what "this " even is ?

All JMO
That's what I fear. I am reminded of the searches for Elizabeth Smart with multiple LE organizations involved, the community outreach, and the family's pleas to Richard Ricci. Then to find out it wasn't even Ricci at all. Elizabeth was hidden in the hills directly behind her own home.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:
  #133  
Old 09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Charlie09's Avatar
Charlie09 Charlie09 is offline
Don't let the Charlie fool ya, Proud Mamma here!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Laguna Beach, CA
Posts: 8,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index..._county_p.html

OMG is right. That article does explain a lot of things and I assume it was "friendly" to him.

I'm horrified, appalled, and disgusted.

My opinion only
This is off topic to the discussion - but I have zero faith in schrunk - I'll see if I can find the letter I received from him nearly 10 years ago in something I was appealing for him to pursue. (I think the whole file was thrown away in frustration several moves ago.)

Just not a fan -
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:
  #134  
Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Charlie09's Avatar
Charlie09 Charlie09 is offline
Don't let the Charlie fool ya, Proud Mamma here!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Laguna Beach, CA
Posts: 8,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
Correct. If they had an airtight case right now, Terri would be in jail and charged with whatever crime they have absolute proof of, awaiting trial.

And, btw, without a body, they can't be 100% sure what happened, so how could it possibly be "airtight?"
I wasn't originally using the word airtight in a legal sense, and I'm not certain there is a legal definition to airtight. I think we have become too accustomed to an overload of information and talking heads not to mention what we see completed in an hour on TV - this is not meant disrespectfully to any one poster. But the fact they haven't charged anyone yet means they are in face crossing t's and dotting i's.

Convictions can be had with or without a body - that's not the clincher. They may have 80% of the situation "solved" but are going for 100% of it. I personally think Teri may have told far more than what we know she has, even inadvertently.

I used to work in HR, and sometimes I'd just get really off feelings about someone (not that often there were 3 in total at one job). My boss would say, "you have to track it down till you have something tangible, you can't go by gut feelings." I was always able to do so, with enough reference checking....I think the investigators have very right hunches and are doing what they can to prove. There is no perfect crime, it just takes time sometimes to solve.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:
  #135  
Old 09-13-2010, 04:09 PM
cluciano63's Avatar
cluciano63 cluciano63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,723
I'm still not seeing how this case can ever be considered airtight...unless they find Kyron with a perp. That might be airtight. Otherwise, the jury will hear LE's scenario of what must have happened. And it may be right, but who is to know for sure? Even finding Kyron's body will probably not, at this point, offer many clues, unless he is found on or near Horman property.

If he is alive, of course, he will be able to tell what happened, so in that case, assuming he is found, it could be an airtight case.
__________________
Just my opinion, of course.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:
  #136  
Old 09-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Charlie09's Avatar
Charlie09 Charlie09 is offline
Don't let the Charlie fool ya, Proud Mamma here!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Laguna Beach, CA
Posts: 8,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I'm still not seeing how this case can ever be considered airtight...unless they find Kyron with a perp. That might be airtight. Otherwise, the jury will hear LE's scenario of what must have happened. And it may be right, but who is to know for sure? Even finding Kyron's body will probably not, at this point, offer many clues, unless he is found on or near Horman property.

If he is alive, of course, he will be able to tell what happened, so in that case, assuming he is found, it could be an airtight case.
Then the defense should hope there are more people like you, than like me on the jury when it is finally submitted.

I just think there are plenty of scenarios that have proof involved, just not the final piece or we would have already seen charges. That's why I would do exactly what they are doing going forward.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie09 For This Useful Post:
  #137  
Old 09-13-2010, 04:41 PM
cluciano63's Avatar
cluciano63 cluciano63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
Then the defense should hope there are more people like you, than like me on the jury when it is finally submitted.

I just think there are plenty of scenarios that have proof involved, just not the final piece or we would have already seen charges. That's why I would do exactly what they are doing going forward.
I don't mean to be disagreeable. I'm just having trouble seeing how this could pan out. Assuming no one saw Terri take Kyron away (I do assume this, since she is not arrested for kidnapping or abduction), prosecution will probably have to present witnesses to various possible sightings of people near what may have been the Horman truck, inferring that Kyron was being spirited into it, per Terri. If Kyron is never found, prosecution will have to further infer that since Kyron has never been seen alive again, Terri and accomplice are guility of...whatever they are saying the crime is. They will have the hole in her alibi, her questionable accounts of the day, her behavior after the event, maybe a psych analysis and other circumstantial evidence. All of this could lead a jury to conclude she is guilty and she may well be convicted. But I guess what I mean is, if we don't end up knowing for sure what actually happened, and Kyron's fate, I would not feel that the case is resolved, even if Terri is jailed for life.
__________________
Just my opinion, of course.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:
  #138  
Old 09-13-2010, 05:01 PM
gwenabob's Avatar
gwenabob gwenabob is offline
A nice girl with a disturbing hobby
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: City of Roses, Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I don't mean to be disagreeable. I'm just having trouble seeing how this could pan out. Assuming no one saw Terri take Kyron away (I do assume this, since she is not arrested for kidnapping or abduction), prosecution will probably have to present witnesses to various possible sightings of people near what may have been the Horman truck, inferring that Kyron was being spirited into it, per Terri. If Kyron is never found, prosecution will have to further infer that since Kyron has never been seen alive again, Terri and accomplice are guility of...whatever they are saying the crime is. They will have the hole in her alibi, her questionable accounts of the day, her behavior after the event, maybe a psych analysis and other circumstantial evidence. All of this could lead a jury to conclude she is guilty and she may well be convicted. But I guess what I mean is, if we don't end up knowing for sure what actually happened, and Kyron's fate, I would not feel that the case is resolved, even if Terri is jailed for life.
Sounds a lot like the Lacy Peterson case. No one saw him kill her, or put her in the car, or drop her into the SF Bay. No video, no nothing. He was found guilty.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:
  #139  
Old 09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
i.b.nora i.b.nora is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Left Coast USA
Posts: 5,776
I am wondering if it would be possible for people to stay on topic. This started out as a great thread topic, I would hate to see it go the way of some other great threads that have gone into 'review' and will probably never be seen again.

i.b.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:
  #140  
Old 09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
debs debs is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
Sounds a lot like the Lacy Peterson case. No one saw him kill her, or put her in the car, or drop her into the SF Bay. No video, no nothing. He was found guilty.
Well, he did have that whole "my wife recently died and I'm so lonely" suave line he whipped out to pick up a pretty blond at a party. Before Lacy was dead.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:
  #141  
Old 09-13-2010, 05:30 PM
cluciano63's Avatar
cluciano63 cluciano63 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32,723
I'd like to think LE is on top of this case, mostly the part of figuring out where Kyron might be. But I won't blame them if they can't find him-we've seen photos of what it is like out there...

I'm pretty confident that long ago, LE knew pretty much everyone Terri had so much as touched base with over the past six months or longer. That's why I am finding the "handing off" theory so hard to swallow. They may even know who all Dede was in touch with during the last several months. And if no one is "missing" than it makes it less likely, to me, that Kyron is being kept away for his own good, or whatever reason may have been given.

It's never been my feeling that LE isn't doing all they can-I'm just not sure what they can do, when there are no clues to Kyron's whereabouts, status, etc...It's a very sad situation, obviously, and one that wil require a great good piece of luck at some point.
__________________
Just my opinion, of course.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:
  #142  
Old 09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
cypress cypress is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I'd like to think LE is on top of this case, mostly the part of figuring out where Kyron might be. But I won't blame them if they can't find him-we've seen photos of what it is like out there...

I'm pretty confident that long ago, LE knew pretty much everyone Terri had so much as touched base with over the past six months or longer. That's why I am finding the "handing off" theory so hard to swallow. They may even know who all Dede was in touch with during the last several months. And if no one is "missing" than it makes it less likely, to me, that Kyron is being kept away for his own good, or whatever reason may have been given.

It's never been my feeling that LE isn't doing all they can-I'm just not sure what they can do, when there are no clues to Kyron's whereabouts, status, etc...It's a very sad situation, obviously, and one that wil require a great good piece of luck at some point.

I believe LE is actively pursuing leads coming in about this case and that they are working feverishly to solve this case; however, I also strongly believe that leads, tips, and perhaps even evidence that doesn't support their belief that Terri did this aren't given as much attention.

Despite frequent comparisons, this case is not at all like the Haleigh Cummings case, IMHO. Whoever took Kyron planned it, IMHO; Kyron's abduction involved more cunning, more risk, less privacy, less lead time (at least initially). Someone skilled enough, cunning enough, smart enough carried out this plan without being seen, without leaving any evidence behind, and without, so far, being caught. Contrast the image of this person against Terri posting her thoughts on Facebook, venting to friends, posting on the 'net, getting caught up in Sext Gate, etc.

Dede Spicher has been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion based on nothing but guilt by association (NONE of the reports can agree about when she was at work that day and/or missing), so I know her words don't mean much to some people, but she says police only wanted to hear her say that Terri did it or Terri had knowledge of it, and I believe her. Dede hasn't been arrested, hasn't testified before the grand jury, hasn't been in trouble with LE, etc. Based on what I can gather, Dave Stensen wasn't properly interviewed until months after the fact. Why? This whole thing reeks of tunnel vision, IMHO.

So, yes, I believe LE is working hard to solve this case, but they're working hard to the end that Terri did it. Maybe they can't solve the case, unearth evidence, or find Kyron because Terri didn't do it. I hope pride and ego are not in the way of solving this case. I want Kyron to be found. If Terri did it, I want LE to find the evidence, arrest/indict her, convict her, and punish her to the fullest extent possible, but if she didn't do it, then I don't want her arrested/indicted and convicted so that people can rest easy "knowing" they were right.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cypress For This Useful Post:
  #143  
Old 09-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Kimster's Avatar
Kimster Kimster is offline
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 32,691
KNOCK IT OFF!

If you have a problem, contact a moderator. Do NOT complain on the open forum. Period. End of story!!!

If I have to close every thread containing complaints about other posters in it, then I will. What use are they if we aren't discussing how we can find KYRON!?
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:
  #144  
Old 09-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Kimster's Avatar
Kimster Kimster is offline
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 32,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat010 View Post
If you were suddenly appointed to head up the investigation, what actions would you take? And why? What would you base those actions on?

(FYI, I've previously discussed this thread topic with Tricia and gotten an OK.)

With respect, I'd like to ask that we avoid answers like "I'd arrest TH/DS right now!" However, if you think that they are guilty, tell us what actions you would take, and what you'd base those actions on, to move things along so that an arrest is feasible.

Ditto for anyone else.

So, they're at a standstill. You've just taken over the investigation, knowing what you know right now.

What actions would you take? And why? What would you base those actions on?
This thread is open again. Please review the initiating post and stay on topic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
kyron horman

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010.06.13 Kyron's case turns to Criminal investigation-Why? butterfly1978 Kyron Horman 73 09-15-2010 12:43 PM
Kyron's backpack Kimster Kyron Horman 72 08-31-2010 10:31 AM
What would you ask Kyron's teacher? Jade2010 Kyron Horman 67 08-25-2010 07:28 PM
Kyron's Artwork RubyRed Kyron Horman 158 07-17-2010 03:30 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!