Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
Wow, I am officially freaked out for some reason, and satisfied - I FINALLY hear John's voice at about 2:14/2:58 on that video - you can hear it at exactly between 2:15-2:16 it is very faint but I can hear in the background "...talking to you..." at the same time I hear a child crying and upset in the background! Please tell me someone else hears something? Good job otg!

I don't know... Maybe this whole exercise is like looking at the proverbial clouds, and everyone will hear something different. That's why I like cutting an area of the recording and playing it over and over again to pick up the rhythm and pattern, and then listening to it again in full context. It's like the way you look at one of those magazine puzzles that says, "There are five hidden objects in this drawing -- can you find them?" At first you see only the entire drawing. But then you look in smaller areas and pick out the objects one by one. Once you've found them, you can't look at the picture without seeing them, and it's hard to imagine that you didn't see them at first glance.

I've heard what sounds like a man's voice (presumably John's) faintly in the background in a couple of places, but not enough to say definitely, or to be able to understand what he is saying.

GingBreade, try finding what you are hearing on one of the mp3 files, and let me know where you find it like you did in the video. The audio files are much clearer sounding.

Thanks................

Okay, got 'em uploaded all in a single folder on Mediafire. Thanks, cynic. Looks like that's perfect place for this.

I've got the two original files I worked with:
"tape1" is the entire unfiltered recording.
"tape2" is the entire recording with the begining cut and some of the "noise" eliminated.

Then my edits:
"jbr-911-cut" is the last 42 seconds of the call.
"jbr-911-enhanced" is the last 42 seconds with some of the noise filtered out and the keyboard clicks' volume reduced (also volume increased at end where "third voice" occurs).
"jbr-911-helpmejesus" is the area where Patsy supposedly repeats her now famous words.
"jbr-911-whatdidyou" and "jbr-911-whatdidyou2" are where I tried to get the words that the "third voice" (assumed to be Burke) speaks "What did you find?"
"jbr-911-begining" is just the first part of the call where Patsy's change in tone occurs.

As I said in my previous post, I really suggest that you download WavePad to listen to them so you can isolate an area and listen over and over. Also, I'm far from any kind of expert at this, so maybe someone else can help me find John's voice. Actually, though, I don't think it's there. I believe that what we have available had been edited before it was released to the public. If you look at the sound patterns (in "tape 1"), there is a three second dead space that begins after Burke says, "What did you..." So what the fourth word is, we can only guess or believe from media reports. But I believe that is the proof that it had been altered before it was released. I think that is where John reportedly says, "We're not speaking to you." If that is the case, it certainly makes me scratch my head and ask why it would be so important to erase that one part. Any speculation? Suggestions?Here's the link to the folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sz5vaaab2evbo

If anyone has problems or finds more "stuff" in the recordings, let me know.

My bold---
And that's what scares me. I pray Stan Garnett and Mark Beckner have the ability to access the original tape before the edits, cuts, and alterations were made. When the announcement was made that the case was being re-opened it was also mentioned that there have been advances in DNA and linguistic technology. I wonder if the linguistic reference included spoken words on the 911 call?

Regarding the 911 call, it's the advancement of audio technology and otg's expertise with it that allows us to hear other voices which the FBI said (years ago) were not there.

I think otg should contact Beckner and Garnett with this information. IMO after all that has transpired in this case it would be faulty to assume that law enforcement knows how to use the technology available. Heck, contact Larry King! It would make an interesting show and maybe provide access to an unaltered tape.

Good ideas, Bobbarita, but I don't know about Larry King. It sure seemd to me that he was on the Ramsey team.

My bold---
And that's what scares me. I pray Stan Garnett and Mark Beckner have the ability to access the original tape before the edits, cuts, and alterations were made. When the announcement was made that the case was being re-opened it was also mentioned that there have been advances in DNA and linguistic technology. I wonder if the linguistic reference included spoken words on the 911 call?

Regarding the 911 call, it's the advancement of audio technology and otg's expertise with it that allows us to hear other voices which the FBI said (years ago) were not there.

I think otg should contact Beckner and Garnett with this information. IMO after all that has transpired in this case it would be faulty to assume that law enforcement knows how to use the technology available. Heck, contact Larry King! It would make an interesting show and maybe provide access to an unaltered tape.

Believe me, I am no expert on any of this. The wonderful thing is though, that because of the technological advances, schlubs like me have access to programs that were only available to professionals before. I’m still baffled that our FBI (and the Secret Service, if I’m not mistaken) didn’t, in 1997, have better technology that they would say they couldn’t find anything else on the recording they were provided. (Kind of scary, actually, that they are the ones we depend on to keep us safe in today’s world.)

Obviously (I think anyway) there is an audible voice on the tape that is not from an adult male or female. Assuming what we know to be correct about who was in the house (alive) at that time, it has to be the voice of Burke. Like the puzzle I referred to earlier, once it is pointed out and you've heard it, it becomes obvious to the point that you hear it every time afterward.

As for the part of my “analysis” that you seem so impressed by, it’s simply this: It is not an analysis of any crime that was committed as much as it was of what was released to the public, and my speculation as to the importance of it. If it is indeed John’s voice, perhaps it was removed because of its importance in any possible court action (we can only hope). If that is the case, I’m fine with it. While I, and we all, dig to get any information we can, I understand that investigators are under no obligation to provide the public with information that may be needed kept under wraps if it will further their investigation or possible prosecution of a case. It’s just that we have all seen just how incompetent so many connected to this case have been that we fear the people now charged with “solving” it may not be capable.

"I’m still baffled that our FBI (and the Secret Service, if I’m not mistaken) didn’t, in 1997, have better technology that they would say they couldn’t find anything else on the recording they were provided." - otg

One could think the copy they were given had already had the extra voices edited out OR they did hear it and, as you said earlier, felt it was better not to publicize it in case it went to trial.

"I’m still baffled that our FBI (and the Secret Service, if I’m not mistaken) didn’t, in 1997, have better technology that they would say they couldn’t find anything else on the recording they were provided." - otg

One could think the copy they were given had already had the extra voices edited out OR they did hear it and, as you said earlier, felt it was better not to publicize it in case it went to trial.

My husband works for the government...and I have no doubt that this is the case. That is just how they work...

I am wondering if some rogue employee leaked the enhanced tape, because I swear I have heard it.

My husband works for the government...and I have no doubt that this is the case. That is just how they work...

I am wondering if some rogue employee leaked the enhanced tape, because I swear I have heard it.

Ditto for me, Ames. I know I heard it without one doubt!

Ditto for me, Ames. I know I heard it without one doubt!

I cant hear it:banghead: Maybe Im listening to the edited one?

but...after listening to the Barbara Walters interview about how JR screamed upstairs its hard to imagine Burke not waking up.

I had gotten home after 2 back to back 8 hour shifts. When I saw the Geraldo program I was shocked when I heard the tape. I'm now ashamed to admit this, but up until that point I believed idi. After hearing the tape, I could never again believe John or Patsy. Thank you so much otg!!

I cant hear it:banghead: Maybe Im listening to the edited one?

but...after listening to the Barbara Walters interview about how JR screamed upstairs its hard to imagine Burke not waking up.

feddup, try this:

If you download the file named “jbr-911-whatdidyou.mp3”, listen to it to know what you should be listening for. It is the phase, "What did you..." which I looped six times. Then watch the video I posted at: http://www.youtube.com/user/otgsproductions, and see where it occurs. I believe once you’ve had it pointed out and know what to listen for, you’ll be able to hear it.

I had gotten home after 2 back to back 8 hour shifts. When I saw the Geraldo program I was shocked when I heard the tape. I'm now ashamed to admit this, but up until that point I believed idi. After hearing the tape, I could never again believe John or Patsy. Thank you so much otg!!

SunnieRN, I believe the more we know for fact, the more obvious it becomes as to what actually happened. I think if we had all the information that investigators have, we'd know what happened. But would we be able to prosecute a case and get a conviction? (No.)

I think there are some great minds here that are capable of figuring it out. I'm still catching up on some of the older posts (as I said earlier, I took a nine-year respite). Soon I'm going to start a thread about what I know about the "strangulation device". I hope to clear up some misconceptions that are rampant about what it was. Again, like this matter about the 911 call, I'm no expert. But I have the internet for research, and at least a little common sense (I grew a brain a long time ago.)

This is my second time posting on this forum, I'm a little nervous, so please be gentle. I have listened to the 911 call on ACR, so many times that I hear it in my sleep. There are only three voices on the recording the 911 operator, PR and someone I can't place. What has me shocked is that no one can hear what she said at the end, I hear it plain as day with the exception of one word, PR "Please, help me Jesus, help me Jesus, thier going to arrest/get me." I'll swear it on my own life thats what she is saying. IMO

This is my second time posting on this forum, I'm a little nervous, so please be gentle. I have listened to the 911 call on ACR, so many times that I hear it in my sleep. There are only three voices on the recording the 911 operator, PR and someone I can't place. What has me shocked is that no one can hear what she said at the end, I hear it plain as day with the exception of one word, PR "Please, help me Jesus, help me Jesus, thier going to arrest/get me." I'll swear it on my own life thats what she is saying. IMO

Holy crap, Agatha! I think you're right. I hadn't noticed it before, and I haven't heard anyone else ever mention it.

It sounds like after the very last "Patsy" from the 911 operator, Patsy says "Help me Jesus" three times, and then it sounds like she says, "They're gonna arrest me."

Has anyone else ever noticed this or heard mention of it?

And BTW, for someone who doesn't post often, you really bring up something big! Post more often.

Holy crap, Agatha! I think you're right. I hadn't noticed it before, and I haven't heard anyone else ever mention it.

It sounds like after the very last "Patsy" from the 911 operator, Patsy says "Help me Jesus" three times, and then it sounds like she says, "They're gonna arrest me."

Has anyone else ever noticed this or heard mention of it?

And BTW, for someone who doesn't post often, you really bring up something big! Post more often.

Like my good friend HOTYH says, "truth doesn't care who finds it."

I used the same program as before to isolate that portion of the recording, and uploaded it to MediaFire. It's the mp3 file named "They're gonna arrest me", located here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sz5vaaab2evbo

I also made a screen capture video showing where it's at and put it on Youtube, located here (audio quality is not as good as the mp3):

youtube.com/watch?v=1rLhjhM0HBE​
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rLhjhM0HBE[/ame]

So why, if the Ramseys thought it really was a kidnapping ("We have a kidnapping!"), would Patsy say that? Why on earth would she think she was going to be arrested?

Whew! I thought I was sounding ignorant and asking stupid questions. Please don't tell me that there are no such things as stupid questions. I will never buy that, stupid people become smart long enough to ask a question.

Thank you for assuring me that I too grew a brain....

Now for my next question... Does anyone hear that voice right after the 911 operator's last "Patsy" and just as PR says "Please" does anyone hear that voice? It sounds male but not sure if it sounds young. I lean more towards a quiet JR.

It's a male voice and I believe he is saying "Hang up"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back