Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Missizzy Missizzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,640
Mommy23--That must be really frightening after living in Southern Oregon. We moved here from the Bay Area and have never been sorry. We were looking for a tolerant town in which to live peacefully with our multi-cultural family. A place where the children of color would not be a "novelty" and where there would be prospects. We've never been sorry. Yes, our children were hurt horribly by a single bad person but that could have happened anywhere. All in all, I feel very blessed.

I have a question. The Surenos hail from Southern California. Do the "divisions" refer to the California groups or to the Denver groups? I've never quite grasped why white middle class boys from Denver would attach themselves to Latino gangs from Southern California.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-02-2010, 09:21 PM
mommy23 mommy23 is offline
There is no original thought....
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The wild Rogue
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
Mommy23--That must be really frightening after living in Southern Oregon. We moved here from the Bay Area and have never been sorry. We were looking for a tolerant town in which to live peacefully with our multi-cultural family. A place where the children of color would not be a "novelty" and where there would be prospects. We've never been sorry. Yes, our children were hurt horribly by a single bad person but that could have happened anywhere. All in all, I feel very blessed.

I have a question. The Surenos hail from Southern California. Do the "divisions" refer to the California groups or to the Denver groups? I've never quite grasped why white middle class boys from Denver would attach themselves to Latino gangs from Southern California.
Honestly, I have no idea what the gangs here call themselves... or how many there are, or what different divisions.... Wish I could help give you insight. All I know is they are here. I have heard... That Denver has had a gang problem for a lot of years, I always assumed it came from Mexico, New Mexico, right up I 25, although I am just speculating!

And you couldn't have picked a better spot than Ashland for your family
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mommy23 For This Useful Post:
  #28  
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM
DeepThinker's Avatar
DeepThinker DeepThinker is offline
Find Kyron
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between here and there...
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy23 View Post
Honestly, I have no idea what the gangs here call themselves... or how many there are, or what different divisions.... Wish I could help give you insight. All I know is they are here. I have heard... That Denver has had a gang problem for a lot of years, I always assumed it came from Mexico, New Mexico, right up I 25, although I am just speculating!

And you couldn't have picked a better spot than Ashland for your family
I have to say, I don't know much either. I know the Crips and the Bloods have a definite presence. Aside from that, I know there are the various ethnic gangs and gangs within gangs....etc. And that's just the male gangs.
Just sayin'
__________________
This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeepThinker For This Useful Post:
  #29  
Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Missizzy Missizzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,640
That brings up a good point, DeepThinker. The one female, Kalena Rodriguez, was identified as the ring leader. I posted a thread earlier in the week that had gang overtones from Salinas, CA, where a woman was the ring leader in luring, robbery, battery, kidnapping and forcing two young men to jump off a 15 foot bridge. They were seriously hurt and the perps were caught, thank goodness. The fact that these victims are not being killed makes me think that these crimes are being committed as a "lesson". I wonder if the women plan the crime or are recruited.

They're vicious, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-04-2010, 02:12 PM
am72 am72 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
good news, the fourth suspect who seems to be the scariest of them all, is caught and in custody in AZ. Great work by the authorities handling this case.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to am72 For This Useful Post:
  #31  
Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 PM
mommy23 mommy23 is offline
There is no original thought....
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The wild Rogue
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by am72 View Post
good news, the fourth suspect who seems to be the scariest of them all, is caught and in custody in AZ. Great work by the authorities handling this case.

YEAH!!!!!! I hope they get long sentences!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-04-2010, 03:54 PM
am72 am72 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
OOPPS, why did this post twice? sorry about that!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Missizzy Missizzy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,640
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16523597?source=rss

A man suspected of kidnapping and torturing a woman in Glendale has been arrested in Arizona.

Justin Wasinger, 21, was arrested Wednesday without incident in Mesa, Ariz., by U.S. Marshals...."

more at link
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:
  #34  
Old 11-05-2010, 09:15 PM
am72 am72 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Booked: 11-04-2010
Sex: MALE
Race: WHITE
D.O.B: 08-03-1989
Height: 6'01
Weight: 165
Eye: BROWN
Hair BROWN


In Custody For:
001 FELONY COUNT OF FUGITIVE OF JUSTICE

Here's his mugshot from yesterday.clip_image001.jpg
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to am72 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
beating, colorado, glendale, jessica ecsedy, kalena joeckel, kelly mahana, torture

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elderly dog attack victim succumbs to injuries Shadow205 Up to the Minute 0 12-08-2009 06:28 PM
Victim of chimp attack back in the news afield Crimes in the News 0 04-17-2008 05:30 PM
Police: Rape Suspect Released From Jail Hours Before Attack mysteriew Crimes in the News 13 01-24-2006 12:04 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!