Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
You know, when I start thinking about this trial, and all the criss-cross of evidence and what could be testified to and/or will be testified to, my head just starts to buzz. And not in a good way.

I think I'd better rejoin my gym. I think I'm going to need to bulk up (in a good way) to have the stamina to stay on top of Baez's games at trial. Whew!
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #177  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:32 PM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
"Although evidence tending to prove or disprove one material element of an offense is relevant, whether Ms. Anthony engaged in passed (sic) sexual relations with Mr. Lazaro (sic) ......"

Page 3, Paragraph 1

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/67721098...xual-Relations
Seems to me they're trying to paint this picture white...pearly white.

Ok...I believe THAT!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
  #178  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 PM
A_News_Junkie A_News_Junkie is offline
Retired
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soju View Post
These motions are a joke. Full of the usual spelling and grammar errors, "Passed sexual relations", etc. Anyway, what kills me is how at the end, he asks Perry to order the prosecution to respond "within 30 days" and set a hearing, etc. But the deadline for these to be heard is in just 3 days, right?
Oh No - Tony passed away and she did him after the fact?

Oh, I get it ............ since the deadline is almost passed and the secretary and the team never past English this means something totally different. Kinda like a half truth. Whewwwww, sure wish I had a reference manual for this stuff. Might be a fun thread! LOL
__________________

Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:
  #179  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Brattigirle's Avatar
Brattigirle Brattigirle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
This may be just the beginning of a long list that JB wants to keep out of the trial. I'm surprised that her party pics with TonE aren't on the current list.
I don't see any problems with what Brian Burner had to say, he seems credible, could it be that he was not clear enough about the actual date she borrowed the shovel?
As for the sex talk, leaving that out would do me a big favor.
Unless acts of sex with Casey consists of alil chloroform .
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brattigirle For This Useful Post:
  #180  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Bathbuddys's Avatar
Bathbuddys Bathbuddys is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wild Midwest!
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
This is an incredible list of motions to be filed today. Do you think that HHJP scared Mr. Baez yesterday with his insistence that deadlines will be followed?

I don't have any problem with them excluding any testimony about sexual acts, but I really wonder why they're trying to block BB's testimony in regards to the shovel. And she's already pled guilty and been sentenced for theft, so I don't know how they'll exclude that.
who is BB please, I so wish we could use real names? sorry
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bathbuddys For This Useful Post:
  #181  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Brattigirle's Avatar
Brattigirle Brattigirle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB. View Post
Okay, I've been a little out to lunch lately but.....does this mean all these newly filed motions have to be heard this week since JP is on vacation next week?!
Or am I confusing things here?
If that's the case will we be in court at 5pm on the 23rd for a few hours?
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brattigirle For This Useful Post:
  #182  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Numbers Numbers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathbuddys View Post
who is BB please, I so wish we could use real names? sorry
Brian Burner, the neighbor who loaned Casey the shovel.
__________________
We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numbers For This Useful Post:
  #183  
Old 12-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Gnatcatcher Gnatcatcher is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathbuddys View Post
who is BB please, I so wish we could use real names? sorry
Brian Burner, the neighbor from whom she borrowed the shovel. There is a lexicon somewhere on the site, jsut do a search for who's who. Sorry I can't find it for you right now dear, I'm heading to bed.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gnatcatcher For This Useful Post:
  #184  
Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Brattigirle's Avatar
Brattigirle Brattigirle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BChand View Post
I agree. The fact that she had sexual relations with him the entire time Caylee was "missing" IS relevant IMO.

He'll testify about her waking up with nightmares a few times. Why will the jurors think she was sleeping in his bed? Or is that next?
I remember that ICA used to have Caylee in bed with some of her guys... was it either of these two?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brattigirle For This Useful Post:
  #185  
Old 12-21-2010, 11:09 PM
CarolinaMoon's Avatar
CarolinaMoon CarolinaMoon is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,567
I have to believe that these Motions in Limine are being filed at an "appropriate" time (although they also manage to detract from some other unfortunate defense moves). I recall Judge Perry, when discussing earlier motions in limine, that they should be heard closer to the trial.

Someone had mentioned upthread that Judge Perry had ruled that responses were only necessary if there was to be no hearing. Perhaps Cheney (and Baez) want responses so that the judge would rule on these without a hearing.

Somehow, I have a feeling we'll know if the State wants a hearing by their lack of reply.
__________________
The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:
  #186  
Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattigirle View Post
I remember that ICA used to have Caylee in bed with some of her guys... was it either of these two?
Wasn't it Tony Lazzaro who said she could not be in their bed, and didn't all three sleep in R.M.'s bed?
Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #187  
Old 12-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Mrs G Norris's Avatar
Mrs G Norris Mrs G Norris is offline
Cached
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Straya!
Posts: 9,401
^ Yes, Tony said his entire apartment was no place for Caylee (good on him BTW for calling it, most students apartments aren't a place for a two year old) .. and yes, she played 3 in-a-bed with Ricardo Morales.
__________________
Put down the pitchfork and back away from the monitor ..
Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:
  #188  
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Itsy's Avatar
Itsy Itsy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
Wasn't it Tony Lazzaro who said she could not be in their bed, and didn't all three sleep in R.M.'s bed?
I think you are correct. I remember reading/seeing TL's interview and he came across as a mostly responsible kind of guy regarding what Caylee shouldn't be around/see going on (pot smoking, ppl going & coming at all hours). He also seemed to be kinda freaked out about Casey getting so serious so quickly, IMO.
__________________
Did you know that "Dammit, I'm mad" spelled backwards is "Dammit I'm mad" - well, I still am!
Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Itsy For This Useful Post:
  #189  
Old 12-21-2010, 11:51 PM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
I have to believe that these Motions in Limine are being filed at an "appropriate" time (although they also manage to detract from some other unfortunate defense moves). I recall Judge Perry, when discussing earlier motions in limine, that they should be heard closer to the trial.

Someone had mentioned upthread that Judge Perry had ruled that responses were only necessary if there was to be no hearing. Perhaps Cheney (and Baez) want responses so that the judge would rule on these without a hearing.

Somehow, I have a feeling we'll know if the State wants a hearing by their lack of reply.
You mean like failing to file the Lee travel receipts or the info on Kronk? Could that be the reason for the filings right now?
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #190  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:13 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
I thought that Casey said she was willing to "lie, cheat, and steal" to protect Caylee? How in the world is the defense going to prove that if they get all the evidence of Casey lying and stealing thrown out?

If it does get thrown out () how are they going to prove Casey did anything to find Caylee? Because let's be honest, other than lying and stealing, Casey did NOTHING but play house-wifey for 31 days while her baby was "missing."

IMO, everything and anything that Casey did during the 31 days Caylee was "missing" is relevent! She can blame no one but herself for not even giving the appearance that she gave two-craps about Caylee. I could care less about all the pictures leading up to June 16th... anything after June 16th is relevent! I am sure that His Honor will agree!

Borrowing a shovel from a neighbor, when there is a usable shovel on the Anthony property, is a big deal, imo. It's especially a big deal because the cadaver dogs alerted in the backyard where Casey was tending to the bamboo shoots with that neighbors shovel.

The knife? I have never put to much thought into the knife. I have all kinds of stuff in my car... some stuff I probably don't know about, but if the defense is trying to get it thrown out... then Casey must want it thrown out for a reason, imo.

I don't have a problem with the defense trying to get things thrown out... it's their job. I just am happy that the majority of stuff that they want thrown out will not be thrown out because it is 100% relevent to the case against Casey Anthony.

Just as much as the defense has to be able to put on a defense for their client... the State has to make their case against their client... if everything the defense wants to be thrown out in this case got thrown out in every case, no one would ever be found guilty. It also shows, to me, that the defense literally has NOTHING else to go on. Which makes me smile!
Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #191  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
logicalgirl's Avatar
logicalgirl logicalgirl is offline
Peace Hawk
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
I thought that Casey said she was willing to "lie, cheat, and steal" to protect Caylee? How in the world is the defense going to prove that if they get all the evidence of Casey lying and stealing thrown out?

If it does get thrown out () how are they going to prove Casey did anything to find Caylee? Because let's be honest, other than lying and stealing, Casey did NOTHING but play house-wifey for 31 days while her baby was "missing."

IMO, everything and anything that Casey did during the 31 days Caylee was "missing" is relevent! She can blame no one but herself for not even giving the appearance that she gave two-craps about Caylee. I could care less about all the pictures leading up to June 16th... anything after June 16th is relevent! I am sure that His Honor will agree!

Borrowing a shovel from a neighbor, when there is a usable shovel on the Anthony property, is a big deal, imo. It's especially a big deal because the cadaver dogs alerted in the backyard where Casey was tending to the bamboo shoots with that neighbors shovel.

The knife? I have never put to much thought into the knife. I have all kinds of stuff in my car... some stuff I probably don't know about, but if the defense is trying to get it thrown out... then Casey must want it thrown out for a reason, imo.

I don't have a problem with the defense trying to get things thrown out... it's their job. I just am happy that the majority of stuff that they want thrown out will not be thrown out because it is 100% relevent to the case against Casey Anthony.

Just as much as the defense has to be able to put on a defense for their client... the State has to make their case against their client... if everything the defense wants to be thrown out in this case got thrown out in every case, no one would ever be found guilty. It also shows, to me, that the defense literally has NOTHING else to go on. Which makes me smile!
Nooooo - she got a tattoo, stole some cheques, bought groceries and new underwear, went dirty dancing at that club, helped Tony look for a new apartment, washed his jeep, stole her dad's gas cans, dumped her car......she was quite busy....
Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:
  #192  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:25 AM
cyberborg's Avatar
cyberborg cyberborg is offline
Seeking Justice for Victims
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Liverpool Branch
Posts: 5,280
Exactly!!! If the Defense are writing all of these noisy Motions to try to eliminate small fry ... given a mountain of circumstantial evidence against ICA ... then you can be very confident that there is no compelling story that we will all digest at trial and remark ... now I understand, now it makes sense. There is nothing.

The Defense would not waste precious time sweating this small stuff and trying to eliminate it _if_ they had something, anything. They got ... zilch.
__________________
Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



Justice for Caylee
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:
  #193  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
Nooooo - she got a tattoo, stole some cheques, bought groceries and new underwear, went dirty dancing at that club, helped Tony look for a new apartment, washed his jeep, stole her dad's gas cans, dumped her car......she was quite busy....
Oh yes, that is right... I forgot Casey that was all part of Casey's "Looking for Caylee." Man I need to "Get with the script." Too bad it seems Casey misplaced that script... Was she told to flushy-flushy?
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #194  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 AM
krisskross's Avatar
krisskross krisskross is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
I thought that Casey said she was willing to "lie, cheat, and steal" to protect Caylee? How in the world is the defense going to prove that if they get all the evidence of Casey lying and stealing thrown out?

If it does get thrown out () how are they going to prove Casey did anything to find Caylee? Because let's be honest, other than lying and stealing, Casey did NOTHING but play house-wifey for 31 days while her baby was "missing."

IMO, everything and anything that Casey did during the 31 days Caylee was "missing" is relevent! She can blame no one but herself for not even giving the appearance that she gave two-craps about Caylee. I could care less about all the pictures leading up to June 16th... anything after June 16th is relevent! I am sure that His Honor will agree!

Borrowing a shovel from a neighbor, when there is a usable shovel on the Anthony property, is a big deal, imo. It's especially a big deal because the cadaver dogs alerted in the backyard where Casey was tending to the bamboo shoots with that neighbors shovel.

The knife? I have never put to much thought into the knife. I have all kinds of stuff in my car... some stuff I probably don't know about, but if the defense is trying to get it thrown out... then Casey must want it thrown out for a reason, imo.

I don't have a problem with the defense trying to get things thrown out... it's their job. I just am happy that the majority of stuff that they want thrown out will not be thrown out because it is 100% relevent to the case against Casey Anthony.

Just as much as the defense has to be able to put on a defense for their client... the State has to make their case against their client... if everything the defense wants to be thrown out in this case got thrown out in every case, no one would ever be found guilty. It also shows, to me, that the defense literally has NOTHING else to go on. Which makes me smile!
Trouble is everyone likely to testify would only have known Casey the LIAR. for at least the last two years of Caylee's life. Remember her, Casey with the fake job, fake nanny, fake office, fake boss, he's a hoot apparently....fake co-workers, Juliette, she's sub leasing her apartment dont ya know...fake income, fake bank account, fake trustfund for Caylee.

Baez will have to acquaint them with Muffin, stay at home mom, looking for Mr Right, who grifts her way through life.

Yep could get complicated keeping all those lies from the jury.

Will never happen.....As J Perry has a habit of reminding this defense team you need to P.A.T.I.C.U.L.A.R.I.Z.E. Mr Baez.
__________________
"I need someone that'll take the information that I'm giving them" Casey Anthony July 25th 2008
Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to krisskross For This Useful Post:
  #195  
Old 12-22-2010, 01:05 AM
RR0004's Avatar
RR0004 RR0004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,389
They want the jury to believe that her own family supports her 100% and in no way shape or form would they, could they, ever believe that this most honorable and loving daughter committed this crime. That's why they want those remarks tossed. How this will have any bearing on what everyone else says is beyond me...perhaps they will find a reason for everyone "lying" about Casey.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:
  #196  
Old 12-22-2010, 01:33 AM
zoomom's Avatar
zoomom zoomom is offline
Love, Chaos, & Supper
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: House of Perpetual Commotion
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
You know, when I start thinking about this trial, and all the criss-cross of evidence and what could be testified to and/or will be testified to, my head just starts to buzz. And not in a good way.

I think I'd better rejoin my gym. I think I'm going to need to bulk up (in a good way) to have the stamina to stay on top of Baez's games at trial. Whew!

I just watched 3 episodes of "Disorder in the Court" in a row, (to get prepared).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:
  #197  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 AM
The World According The World According is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,719
two years ago...take a listen to Baez.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:
  #198  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:36 AM
The World According The World According is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,719
When the jury hears this it wont matter if boy number one, Ricardo was Wednesday and boy number two, Tony L. was Sundays and Thursdays. The state was never going to ask sex life questions, imo. only where it relates to her whereabouts.

The nuts and bolts are these lies, after lies after lies to LE. I couldn't care less about the sex questions. THe fact that she slept at men's houses, without Caylee, while she was allegedly searching for her is all that matters, it wouldn't matter if it was a bingo game and pizza sleep over. We had a happy go lucky Casey and NO CAYLEE, that is all that needs to be gained from how she spent her nights and with whom.

The defense underestimates what the prosecutors are going to focus on. Either that or they file all of these motions, for purely perfunctory reasons. This is not Linda or Jeff's first case. They know the rules. They have lived and worked under those rules for twenty years now.

If the jury hears her lying through her teeth to the detectives, it is over, imo.
They get her to admit, repeatedly, that she indeed is lying! You just can't make this stuff up.
http://
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWmLd3po3zc
The defense better hope for lesser common sense with the jury than what Judge Strickland thought of her lies!!!

We can expect many, many more motions before May. It is OK. Remain calm. They haven't learned much since their early misteps.

Last edited by The World According; 12-22-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:
  #199  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Omachka's Avatar
Omachka Omachka is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Posts: 764
MM you really do rock! Thanks so much for getting all these motions for us.. nice that we get them 1st.

Looks like they used a really bad cookie cutter when they did these... Not only do they have the same typos, they forgot the certificate of service on the first one so none of them have it. Wonder if they actually forgot to send the SA copies of these motions. Was there a contest for the most unprofessional motions today?
Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Omachka For This Useful Post:
  #200  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:51 AM
The World According The World According is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omachka View Post
MM you really do rock! Thanks so much for getting all these motions for us.. nice that we get them 1st.

Looks like they used a really bad cookie cutter when they did these... Not only do they have the same typos, they forgot the certificate of service on the first one so none of them have it. Wonder if they actually forgot to send the SA copies of these motions. Was there a contest for the most unprofessional motions today?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of Motions/Links to Court Documents **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE** JBean Caylee Anthony 2 years old 399 09-26-2011 06:57 PM
2010.05.23 ~ Misty Jailhouse videos released: General Discussion doubletrouble Haleigh Cummings 186 06-01-2010 08:15 PM
2010.5.23 Tommy jailhouse videos on Sky: General Discussion lynnb Haleigh Cummings 158 05-28-2010 01:03 PM
2010.05.21 Tommy Jailhouse phone calls released: General Discussion Patty G Haleigh Cummings 516 05-26-2010 05:39 PM
General discussion about the drug busts on Jan 20, 2010 Kimster Haleigh Cummings 526 01-26-2010 11:08 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!