Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Kind words do not cost much

What's Cullen up to these days anyone know?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:30 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Cullen_Davis

"According to the profile on Power, Privilege and Justice and on A&E's American Justice, Cullen Davis became a born-again Christian and is now a Christian missionary."

Guess this was after he lost his fortune and declared bankruptcy. I tried to read a book about him one time, but got so mad and upset about what he seemed to be getting away with that I never finished it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teedie2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Kind words do not cost much

Thank you Teedie. He's getting up there in age.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2011, 02:42 PM

While discussing this case with a friend I found this bit of information I have never read or heard of.
Of course the books I read about TCD were published well before 2004.

Thought I would share the links.

In 2004, Billy Vickers, a man sentenced to death in an unrelated case, claimed that he had been the one who murdered Farr and Wilborn.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Cullen_Davis

Then more information about Billy Vickers.

In his last statement, Vickers admitted to killing Phillip Kinslow. "It was nothing personal, I was just trying to make a living," he said. Vickers then took credit for more than a dozen other killings. "I'm sorry, but I am not sure how many. There must be a dozen or 14, I believe, all total." He only mentioned one specific case: "One I would like to clear up his Cullen Davis, where he was charged with shooting his wife," Vickers said, without elaborating. Davis, a former Texas oil millionaire, was tried and acquitted of killing his 12-year-old stepdaughter in 1976. Davis's wife, Priscilla, was also shot, and her boyfriend was killed.

"I wish to say to my family, I'm sorry for all the grief I've put you through," Vickers added. He was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m.

Jack Strickland, a former prosecutor who worked on the Cullen Davis case, said that he had never heard of Vickers and doubted that he was involved in the shooting. "I certainly don't put any stock in it, not the slightest bit," Strickland said.

http://www.txexecutions.org/reports/317.asp

I must say I agree with JS about this pile of stuff.

jmho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOZGAL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Re:
Quote:
In his last statement, Vickers admitted to killing Phillip Kinslow. "It was nothing personal, I was just trying to make a living," he said. Vickers then took credit for more than a dozen other killings. "I'm sorry, but I am not sure how many. There must be a dozen or 14, I believe, all total." He only mentioned one specific case: "One I would like to clear up his Cullen Davis, where he was charged with shooting his wife," Vickers said, without elaborating. Davis, a former Texas oil millionaire, was tried and acquitted of killing his 12-year-old stepdaughter in 1976. Davis's wife, Priscilla, was also shot, and her boyfriend was killed.

"I wish to say to my family, I'm sorry for all the grief I've put you through," Vickers added. He was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m.

I wonder WHY a man would lie at his deathbed, his last words?

Ordinarily, they tell the truth while drawing their last breath?

It seems to me most prosecutors have a stake in saying they were not wrong afterall for prosecuting a man for murder?

However, even "If" this guy is telling the truth, it still stands to reason he did it for money and for T. Cullen Davis who hired him. At least that is how I'd perceive it on the face of it. He (Davis) is the only one with a motive.

Wikipedia
Old 07-06-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMom2003 View Post
I will always believe this man got away with one of the most notorious murders in Texas because of his money. Anyway, now his home has caught on fire. Could be karma?

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/10102603/detail.html

COLLEYVILLE, Texas -- A Texas oilman is back in the headlines: This time T. Cullen Davis is a victim of a house fire.

If you don't know who Cullen Davis is, this is a pretty good article.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...vis/index.html
Just saw his story on Behind Mansion Walls earlier this week.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Bama Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAELON View Post
Just saw his story on Behind Mansion Walls earlier this week.

My husband brought this case up earlier this week, too, as we were discussing the Casey Anthony trial and verdict.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Unless this other man looked just like him, I can't see three people mistaking him for Cullen Davis. Also, if the two women were shouting the wrong name, it would have behoved this other guy to take off, figuring no one would ever find him. They would be looking for Cullen Davis.

Talk about a good lawyer!! Either that, or the members of the jury made more than their stipend from the county while sitting on that jury!

RIP Andrea! The boogey man can't hide from God!!

"This Time We Get It Right!"
If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1