Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Jaycee Lee Dugard

Notices

Jaycee Lee Dugard Kidnapped in 1991-found alive 18 years later!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2010, 12:52 AM
LinasK's Avatar
LinasK LinasK is offline
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 17,421
Post Dugard case: Battle over making grand jury transcripts public

By John Simerman
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 10/27/2010 06:21:14 PM PDT
Updated: 10/27/2010 07:32:54 PM PDT
The prosecutor in the case against Phillip and Nancy Garrido wants a judge to keep grand jury transcripts sealed until a criminal jury is picked, arguing that releasing them would violate Jaycee Dugard's privacy rights and could compromise the couple's right to a fair trial.
El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson on Wednesday filed a challenge to a bid by several news agencies to release the transcripts, which include testimony from Dugard, two El Dorado County investigators and a Contra Costa sheriff's detective.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_16451190
__________________
Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.


Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
eleven eleven is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 715
As much as I would like to read the transcripts, my desire to do so should not ever trump Jaycee's desire (if so) and ultimate right, to keep the horrific details of the life she endured for so many years at the hands of her evil captors, as private as possible.

The kidnapping of child going undected for so many long, horrific years (on both the parents and kidnapped child) is so incredibly disgusting and tragic that she, her girls, and her Mother have an absolute right to keep the sordid pain of the ugly details to themselves and those in attendance in the courtroom. Period.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eleven For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 10-28-2010, 03:02 AM
SunnieRN SunnieRN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,577
Please, do not let the prosecutors allow anything that could compromise the trial to be released!! Jaycee doesn't need the heartache of going through multiple trials and her privacy is much more important than the Garridos any day! Unfortunately, more than we need to know will be discussed during and after the trial.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 10-31-2010, 12:22 PM
i.b.nora i.b.nora is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Left Coast USA
Posts: 5,774
Prosecutor moves to keep Dugard documents sealed

The Associated Press
Posted: 10/28/2010 12:23:26 PM PDT

"PLACERVILLE, Calif.—El Dorado County's district attorney is objecting to efforts to make public transcripts from the grand jury that indicted the couple accused of kidnapping Jaycee Dugard."

"Several news organizations, including The Associated Press, have asked to have the grand jury transcripts unsealed. A judge is scheduled to consider the matter on Nov. 4."
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 11-04-2010, 03:47 AM
LinasK's Avatar
LinasK LinasK is offline
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 17,421
Post Defense Attorney In Dugard Case Seeks To Keep Seal

Posted: 7:05 pm PDT November 3, 2010Updated: 11:58 pm PDT November 3, 2010
SAN FRANCISCO -- The attorney representing one of two people charged in the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case is seeking to keep the documents in the case sealed. Stephen Tapson, the court-appointed attorney representing Nancy Garrido, filed legal documents in El Dorado Superior Court Monday asking the judge presiding over the case against his client and her husband, Phillip Garrido, to keep the documents and transcripts in the case sealed. In the filing, Tapson argues that a "release of the previously sealed documents would prejudice her (Nancy Garrido's) right to a fair jury trial."
<snip>
The filing comes ahead of hearing set for Thursday on Phillip Garrido's competency and ability to enter his own plea. El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister on Thursday will also consider a motion filed earlier this month by The Associated Press, The Sacramento Bee, the Hearst Corp., Gannett Co. Inc., the Los Angeles Times and the Bay Area News Group seeking to unseal the documents. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/25627784/detail.html
__________________
Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM
SunnieRN SunnieRN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,577
Funny that attorneys want to protect their clients, but have no regard for Jaycee or her daughters. f the testimony becoming public could help the Garridos, they would be pushing in the opposite direction. Honestly though, I am very pleased that this also benefits Jaycee!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 PM
songline's Avatar
songline songline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 20,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Funny that attorneys want to protect their clients, but have no regard for Jaycee or her daughters. f the testimony becoming public could help the Garridos, they would be pushing in the opposite direction. Honestly though, I am very pleased that this also benefits Jaycee!
Why would i help the Guaridos? They did horrific things those darn animals.

I do agree that it should be kept sealed for JC's sake
I would not want to read it, no way. I think I know enough.
PS: Attorney's are most often slime buckets.
I have no idea how they represent half of the chit they represent.
__________________
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-26-2010, 09:20 PM
SunnieRN SunnieRN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by songline View Post
Why would i help the Guaridos? They did horrific things those darn animals.

I do agree that it should be kept sealed for JC's sake
I would not want to read it, no way. I think I know enough.
PS: Attorney's are most often slime buckets.
I have no idea how they represent half of the chit they represent.
It benefits the G's because it keeps the details of their crimes private until they enter court. Happily it benefits Jaycee and her daughters also.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 11-26-2010, 09:32 PM
songline's Avatar
songline songline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 20,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
It benefits the G's because it keeps the details of their crimes private until they enter court. Happily it benefits Jaycee and her daughters also.
I am confused - you say if it goes PUBLIC it will help them.
HOW?
I say if it stays Privet it helps JC - I think however the details will come out in part in the court room.
__________________
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
SunnieRN SunnieRN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by songline View Post
I am confused - you say if it goes PUBLIC it will help them.
HOW?
I say if it stays Privet it helps JC - I think however the details will come out in part in the court room.
Songline, Nancy's attorney is the one who wants to keep the records private, please reread the beginning of the thread, prior to my post

LinasK
Defense Attorney In Dugard Case Seeks To Keep Seal
Posted: 7:05 pm PDT November 3, 2010Updated: 11:58 pm PDT November 3, 2010
SAN FRANCISCO -- The attorney representing one of two people charged in the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case is seeking to keep the documents in the case sealed. Stephen Tapson, the court-appointed attorney representing Nancy Garrido, filed legal documents in El Dorado Superior Court Monday asking the judge presiding over the case against his client and her husband, Phillip Garrido, to keep the documents and transcripts in the case sealed. In the filing, Tapson argues that a "release of the previously sealed documents would prejudice her (Nancy Garrido's) right to a fair jury trial."
<snip>
The filing comes ahead of hearing set for Thursday on Phillip Garrido's competency and ability to enter his own plea. El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister on Thursday will also consider a motion filed earlier this month by The Associated Press, The Sacramento Bee, the Hearst Corp., Gannett Co. Inc., the Los Angeles Times and the Bay Area News Group seeking to unseal the documents. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/25627784/detail.html

Thank you Linas! Songline, thought you knew me better then that!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 PM
songline's Avatar
songline songline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 20,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Songline, Nancy's attorney is the one who wants to keep the records private, please reread the beginning of the thread, prior to my post

LinasK
Defense Attorney In Dugard Case Seeks To Keep Seal
Posted: 7:05 pm PDT November 3, 2010Updated: 11:58 pm PDT November 3, 2010
SAN FRANCISCO -- The attorney representing one of two people charged in the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case is seeking to keep the documents in the case sealed. Stephen Tapson, the court-appointed attorney representing Nancy Garrido, filed legal documents in El Dorado Superior Court Monday asking the judge presiding over the case against his client and her husband, Phillip Garrido, to keep the documents and transcripts in the case sealed. In the filing, Tapson argues that a "release of the previously sealed documents would prejudice her (Nancy Garrido's) right to a fair jury trial."
<snip>
The filing comes ahead of hearing set for Thursday on Phillip Garrido's competency and ability to enter his own plea. El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Douglas Phimister on Thursday will also consider a motion filed earlier this month by The Associated Press, The Sacramento Bee, the Hearst Corp., Gannett Co. Inc., the Los Angeles Times and the Bay Area News Group seeking to unseal the documents. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/25627784/detail.html

Thank you Linas! Songline, thought you knew me better then that!
BBM; I was sincerely getting confused.
I have not been reading here very much
__________________
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 PM
LinasK's Avatar
LinasK LinasK is offline
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 17,421
Post Ruling delayed on transcript in CA abduction case

By LISA LEFF, Associated Press
Associated Press December 2, 2010 02:54 PM Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Thursday, December 2, 2010



(12-02) 14:54 PST Placerville, Calif. (AP) --A judge delayed a ruling Thursday on whether to release a grand jury transcript that contains testimony from a California woman whom prosecutors say was held for 18 years by a parolee and his wife.
The ruling by Judge Douglas Phimister came in response to a motion by several media organizations.
A defense lawyer had argued that releasing the "tale of terror" told by Jaycee Dugard would make it impossible to find an impartial jury.


Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz170DZ9BBX
__________________
Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.


Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
SunnieRN SunnieRN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,577
Wonder how long it will take for a decision? Thank you Linus!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunnieRN For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
BeenaBobba's Avatar
BeenaBobba BeenaBobba is offline
Vincit omnia veritas!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Wonder how long it will take for a decision? Thank you Linus!
I've read that he'll make his decision sometime before the competency hearing in March.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeenaBobba For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 02-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Texas Mist's Avatar
Texas Mist Texas Mist is offline
Retired WS Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Silicon Hills
Posts: 9,230
Garridos Transcript To Stay Sealed

Judge: Public Release Could Jeopardize Fair Trial

POSTED: 8:50 am PST February 28, 2011
UPDATED: 9:43 am PST February 28, 2011

<snip>

Judge Douglas Phimister said in a hearing on Monday morning, with regard to the grand jury transcripts and Phillip Garrido's mental health records, release prior to jury selection will prejudice the defendant's right to a fair trial.


http://www.kcra.com/r/27024506/detail.html
__________________
What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean,
I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~~ Mother Theresa ~~



Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
Rachel's thread - WS
RachelCookeSearch.org
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
grand jury transcipts, jaycee dugard, nancy garrido, phillip garrido

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WHY? No grand jury for Haleigh's case???? passionflower Haleigh Cummings 3 02-10-2010 07:56 PM
WHY? No grand jury for Haleigh's case???? passionflower Haleigh Cummings 0 02-10-2010 07:34 PM
WHY? No grand jury for Haleigh's case???? passionflower Haleigh Cummings 0 02-10-2010 07:33 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!