Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Holly Bobo General Discussion Threads

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 AM
WS Super Moderator

TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #4

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Please continue here!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 AM

Both profilers are saying (listening to Levi's show, with Pat Brown and Stacy Dietrich) that is highly unlikely she is alive. The reason we remember the names of those who came back is because they are so rare.

(Rest of show is at end of last thread, if anyone wants to know what they talked about.)
Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 AM

Levi talks about her in the past tense.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:19 AM

We need to know what is going on with the blood evidence. Must have been a significant amount for brother to worry IMO. I still say that if she was bleeding (depending on how much & from where), more blood would be found going from the yard into the woods. You just don't stop bleeding right away.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 AM

I asked about the blood earlier today. Is it hers, or his, or intermingled?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:26 AM

So what are your theories on the blood being there?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:26 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what abductor allows his victim to carry a lunch box for 8 miles, ater he abducts her?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Karma is a beautiful thing ~

I am pretty certain that we won't get to know much (if any) of the details as long as she is missing. We have to realize that the things that they aren't releasing, are things that they feel they need to keep from the public. Their only goal is to bring Holly home and not to pacify any needs that media, blogsters, etc. have.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri View Post
Sorry if this has already been answered, but what abductor allows his victim to carry a lunch box for 8 miles, ater he abducts her?
I don't think anyone can answer that, right now anyway.

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

The Following User Says Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:29 AM

Has there been any statement from the boyfriend, any ideas or concerns Holly had about guys who were buggin her, or hanging around & unwanted?
The Following User Says Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri View Post
Has there been any statement from the boyfriend, any ideas or concerns Holly had about guys who were buggin her, or hanging around & unwanted?
I'm sure that if there were, these leads have been checked out.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:31 AM

I don't like that word, pacify. If they say they are experts, then they should be able to bring her home, alive.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concentric View Post
I don't like that word, pacify. If they say they are experts, then they should be able to bring her home, alive.
Surely you know that "experts" can't perform miracles. I pray that I am wrong...but it might have been too late to bring her home safely before the search even started.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:34 AM

I hope they know lots of things they aren't sharing, I am just not confident that they do. But I do think they found more items in the woods today that lead them to believe she may be in there. What I don't understand is that at the same time, they indicated that they could have gone out of state. So do they have a car, or not?

They have not addressed the blood, since originally stating that it was in fact found, nothing about whose, how much, if human, etc...I believe that if it was not connected, they would have said so.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I hope they know lots of things they aren't sharing, I am just not confident that they do. But I do think they found more items in the woods today that lead them to believe she may be in there. What I don't understand is that at the same time, they indicated that they could have gone out of state. So do they have a car, or not?

They have not addressed the blood, since originally stating that it was in fact found, nothing about whose, how much, if human, etc...I believe that if it was not connected, they would have said so.
There is local, county, TBI and FBI there, so that's about all you could ask for. They have the volunteer force that they need. I believe that they found more items in the woods today as well. And, my personal opinion is that they did find a car, but backed out of that statement for whatever reason. The blood is the same thing. They just aren't going to give up what they feel is not a "need to know" subject.

The Following User Says Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 AM

I am not blaming anyone but I do have more questions. Why did the brother see her being led into the woods? What made him look out towards the back yard in the first place? Was it just a coincidence that he saw them going into the woods?

Strange!!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:43 AM

Just to clarify, is the ex-boyfriend a recent ex (i.e. a week or so)? Or a long-ago ex. Has he been located yet? I am assuming he is a different person from the "boyfriend" they are referring to who supposedly has been cleared?

I don't have good feelings about this one (for whatever that's worth)
The Following User Says Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 AM

You know what, I think she screamed at the beginning of the abduction and that is why the bro looked out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLISA View Post
I am not blaming anyone but I do have more questions. Why did the brother see her being led into the woods? What made him look out towards the back yard in the first place? Was it just a coincidence that he saw them going into the woods?

Strange!!
I don't find it strange at all. Why does anyone do anything? No one can answer that. They explained it earlier. He looked out the window and saw what he saw. I look out my window and see different things all the time. True, if I saw someone leading someone else into the woods I might be suspect, but they lived in a rural area and apparently her BF wore camoflauge a lot. His first thought (as would mine be) would be that they were walking together. That would come to mind much quicker to me than thinking that someone was being abducted by a stranger. That just doesn't register unless you see the person being dragged kicking and screaming into a car or something. To me, there is no problem at all with this statement. AND, LE has cleared him. So, its a moot point to continue to blame this young man who most likely will live with this guilt for the rest of his life.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:46 AM

This is my opinion only... while others may share and some may think is null.
I agree that this case is weird with the changing stories & "reported facts" (that may not be facts at all). The nature of today's media competition/hype, multiple blogs/forums, and topix comments - adds to the slurry of information/rumor that gets reported around. That said, it seems that LE is keeping things close to vest for a reason/strategy and agree that their mission is to find HB. In addition, they are very busy with interviews, sharing information with other LE, following up on leads, organizing and leading searches, handling other local police matters and trying to get some sleep when they can. All that said..... it is frustrating for us at WS because I feel that we all have a heart for wanting to "help" solve this case and others.
My opinion is that they "know" or have a very strong idea who took her and are using a strategy to get to her. Surely someone (best friend, boyfriend, family, or classmate) would know whether someone was actively "bothering her" or had done or said something "weird" lately. I feel confident that LE has spoken with all these sources extensively.
Praying for a good end.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concentric View Post
You know what, I think she screamed at the beginning of the abduction and that is why the bro looked out.
I think that's a good possibility - a quick, frightened scream when this man first came up to her. The brother probably was sleeping and it jarred him, he got up and looked out the window, was still sleepy and thought that the sister was with the ex, and just went back to sleep or laid there until he went to investigate further.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 AM

What I mean about the blood-if LE had determined it was old, deer blood, etc...I think they would have been happy to be able to take that off the table. But they didn't so I think is it meaningful. They probably wish it had never come out in the first place, although it was TBI who first mentioned it.

As far as the whole car/not car business...I do think they probably found a car, but it may not have turned out to be the abductors car. Who knows...

If they had an idea who this is, I hope they would put his face and license plate number out there. They haven't so I don't believe they do know.

Any mentions of an ex-boyfriend have been RUMOR only to this point.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:53 AM

Capri, there are supposedly 2 exes. The most recent ex is the one on her Facebook and it was reported that they broke up just a few days ago. I wonder about that even because I have daughters and know that the first thing someone does when they break up is to take everything of them off of their Facebook. So, just being a mother makes me wonder if they were even broke up.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
I think that's a good possibility - a quick, frightened scream when this man first came up to her. The brother probably was sleeping and it jarred him, he got up and looked out the window, was still sleepy and thought that the sister was with the ex, and just went back to sleep or laid there until he went to investigate further.
Yeah, I also have been thinking through this whole thing that the brother was drowsy and not fully conscious. We've all been in that state of mind.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
Capri, there are supposedly 2 exes. The most recent ex is the one on her Facebook and it was reported that they broke up just a few days ago. I wonder about that even because I have daughters and know that the first thing someone does when they break up is to take everything of them off of their Facebook. So, just being a mother makes me wonder if they were even broke up.
People have posted that if ex's are mentioned, they are rumors. I've also wondered about that breaking up "just a few days ago."

How did all of this become rumors anyway? Certainly, someone her age had ex's of some sort.
The Following User Says Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post: