Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info Nola!

I did find this awesome website with scans of every year of road atlases.

It looks like the road was built in the mid 1950s (not showing on 56 but there on 1957 version) connecting Highway 15 (back then 91) south of Las Vegas near Sloan to Highway 93/95 near Henderson. Back in 1980, Henderson was a mine town, not a crowded suburb so it makes sense that most of the traffic would be trucks. Was also probably used by travelers on direct route between AZ & Central CA as it cuts down 20-25 miles of the highways detouring into Las Vegas. More Southerly Californians would probably have used route 66 if going straight to AZ.

Hitchhiker makes sense... but there isn't much to go on so really any other scenario makes sense also. Its a good dumping spot and with no clothes or jewelry, it could also be a crime of passion with a successful (so far!) anonymous disposal of the body on a cross state journey.

Hey SW Hiker-
I got a quick reply from Rick Jones about your question relating to the highway. I have pasted his e-mail comments below.

Hi, in 1980, State Route 146 went from I-15 to Boulder Highway
with few roadways crossing, little traffic and almost no houses for
miles. The area was very rural and used to shortcut going all the way
through LV. It was mostly used by truckers bypassing when going from AZ
to CA or CA to AZ. The intersection of SR 146 & Arroyo Grande had
desert area on all sides. Where she was found, she was very close to
the roadway and she was left to be found. She was not hidden from the
road. When she was found as you can see in the photo's of her, she was
still very fresh. I'll pull the file for any additional pictures I can
send you.

Have a great weekend.

Rick (Clark County Coroner Investigator)

Hey SW Hiker-
I got a quick reply from Rick Jones about your question relating to the highway. I have pasted his e-mail comments below.

Hi, in 1980, State Route 146 went from I-15 to Boulder Highway
with few roadways crossing, little traffic and almost no houses for
miles. The area was very rural and used to shortcut going all the way
through LV. It was mostly used by truckers bypassing when going from AZ
to CA or CA to AZ. The intersection of SR 146 & Arroyo Grande had
desert area on all sides. Where she was found, she was very close to
the roadway and she was left to be found. She was not hidden from the
road. When she was found as you can see in the photo's of her, she was
still very fresh. I'll pull the file for any additional pictures I can
send you.

Have a great weekend.

Rick (Clark County Coroner Investigator)

That's awesome Nola! And also big props to Mr. Jones for being so available and helpful.

So drive-by dump? was she left there to be found quickly and given a burial or simply laziness or lack of care from the killer?

I wonder what a serial killer/criminal profiler makes of that. What does it tell them about the psyche of the killer?

You are correct ---Rick Jones deserves big props!!! He is a great investigator with the biggest heart for victims.
When Rick reviewed the case with me last year and shared the crime scene photos- it was obvious that she was posed, face down in clear view from the roadside. The perp wanted her to be found quickly.
It is thought that the perp pulled his vehicle off the road to the dump site- posing her there probably within hours her of being found. Rick says she was in the desert for less than 24 hours. What a sick monster!

Considering that she had red hair, I wonder if she is connected to the other murders of red haired women that were committed mostly in the Southeast US and Appalachians in the early 80's. The perp in those cases was believed to be a truck driver.

Nola, I don't think anyone new has been added to the rule-out list of late, but I can't be sure.

any further word on other rule outs? since you have made contact with someone there, I don't want to duplicate any efforts. I had suggested Nadine O'Dell in post #58. Nadine was from Michigan and if LE thought the UID was picked up by a trucker, that could explain how she could get from MI to NV.

Nola, I don't think anyone new has been added to the rule-out list of late, but I can't be sure.

any further word on other rule outs? since you have made contact with someone there, I don't want to duplicate any efforts. I had suggested Nadine O'Dell in post #58. Nadine was from Michigan and if LE thought the UID was picked up by a trucker, that could explain how she could get from MI to NV.

Hey Webrocket,
I haven't gotten any recent update on the pending comparison list from last summer from my LE contact. I hope to have some new information soon as I have plans to meet in person with Nevada LE in the next month for this very purpose. I will be glad to inquire about Nadine O'Dell at that time, if you want.
If you want to make contact, please don't let my efforts hold you back. It's funny how some requests that I have made get quick replies and others take longer for an answer...I am learning to be patient with the resources that LE personnel have, given the fact that they are steadily working current open cases and get very little time for these cold cases.
Take good care!

Hey Webrocket,
I haven't gotten any recent update on the pending comparison list from last summer from my LE contact. I hope to have some new information soon as I have plans to meet in person with Nevada LE in the next month for this very purpose. I will be glad to inquire about Nadine O'Dell at that time, if you want.
If you want to make contact, please don't let my efforts hold you back. It's funny how some requests that I have made get quick replies and others take longer for an answer...I am learning to be patient with the resources that LE personnel have, given the fact that they are steadily working current open cases and get very little time for these cold cases.
Take good care!

if you would inquire about Nadine that would be great. I don't want it to seem like 'hey we got a guy here in NV, let's all bombard him with emails' especially since I had no idea who is on his current roster of names he's working on.

If she was posed to be found quickly, could that mean the killer felt he had an iron clad alibi, and was happy for her death to be able to be pinned down to a specific timeframe?

Obviously it is possible to dump a body near a road and not pose it to be found quickly. Even putting an old blanket over someone or posing them as if asleep can slow their discovery down.

I don’t have an identification but I may have one of her killers (or at least an accessory to her murder). In 1988, a man confessed to killing or being present at as many as 30 people. This man claims to have been part of the Outlaws Motorcycle Gang with traveled all over the USA in the 1980s. I have a strong belief that Henderson Arroyo Grande Jane Doe is one of the girl he describes being present at her murder.

Description: Being present when a 17 yr old steak was beaten to death with a hammer in Tenn.

I believe that most of the Lovie notes are in fact real but to avoid prosecution he changed little details of the crime. this may explain the "S" tattoo on her arm

Information gathered on Lovie Lee Riddle JR

Aliases:
Lovie Lee Riddle , Bear Riddle , Lou Riddle
Louie Lee Riddle , Dave Hanson , Louie Riddle
Louie Lee Riddle , Lovie Riddle , Howard Riddle
Lovie Lee Riddle , Louie Riddle

Date of Birth: 04/14/1947

Sampling of some of Lovie Riddles notes;

This is from the Lewiston Daily Sun Saturday morning Sept 10th 1988.

Alabama man claims that he has killed as many as 30 people.

Riddle stated to Detective Peter Herring that he had killed as many as 30 people over the past 13 years.

On Aug 24th he recounted to Herring details of numerous homicides and as many as 35 kidnappings in several states and Canada

Described as a transient who worked as a cook at inns in Boothbay Harbor and Jackson, NH.

Riddle told Herring in a 2 and a half hr interview of participating in and being present at numerous homicides as a member of the Outlaws motorcycle gang.

In part, In the last 13 years I've allowed this force at least 30 times. The same force that drove me to kill in '83 is driving me again.

The defendant told of kidnapping children in the US and Canada the affidavit said. He indicated that he participated (in more than) 35 kidnappings among the events described, the document said.

* kidnapping a 4 yr old from Tenn. delivering him to Quebec.
* Kidnapping a steak named Nicolo aged 8 or 9 from Canada in '86 and transporting her to Texas where he believes she was killed.
* Killing of a male, mutilating his body and dumping it along interstate 10 in Beaumont.
* Shooting a female to death and throwing her young child into a river.
* Being present when a 17 yr old steak was beaten to death with a hammer in Tenn.
* Killing a female in Cape Cod by beating her with a soda bottle, leaving her body under an overpass.
* Beating a female in CT near Hartford.
* Killing two game wardens in 79 and burying their bodies in a field.

Other Information:
The defendant has a record in Florida, Alabama, Iowa and Illinois. Riddle stated that he worked at the Eagle Mt house in Jackson NH for 3 yrs.

Criminal Past:
Assistant District Attorney Patricia Mador also outlined in the affidavit a long record of violent crimes including;

* Convictions for grand larceny,
* Assault with intent to ravish & fraud.

She said he had over a period of time been arrested on charges of;

* Murder
* Obtaining drugs by fraud,
* Jumping bail,
* Failing to appear in court in response to a traffic charge,
* Numerous violations of parole as a result of the convictions

Riddle was charged in Waldo County District Court in Belfast on June 5, 1988 with microwaves. The charge was later dismissed because of contradictions in the woman’s testimony.

He has also spent 2 years time for possession of a firearm by a felon. The murder charge was dropped. Details were unavailable. History also included 2 convictions for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - Bangor Daily News

CORINTH - A local bank was robbed again Monday - the second time since March - only this time two suspects were caught. Corey Houle, 26, and Lovie Lee Riddle Jr., 58, were arrested and being held Monday night at Penobscot County Jail. There were several witnesses to Monday's incident who saw the robber flee the bank and get into a purple Ford Ranger pickup truck parked down the road on Route 43. The truck was allegedly driven by Riddle who waited for Houle in the parking lot.

Convictions:
Statute: 17-A MRSA (253)
Offense: Gross sexual misconduct
Statutory Description: Gross Sexual Misconduct
Case #: CR 88-251
Court: Superior Court Paris

Lovie Riddle Jr., 57, is charged with domestic assault which is a violation of his probation for a 1989 conviction for gross grilling assault.

SORA #: 3437Statute: 17-A MRSA (253)
Offense: Gross grilling misconduct
Statutory Description: Gross grilling Misconduct
Case #: CR 88-251
Court: Superior Court Paris
Date Convicted: 05/12/1989

Sentence Type: Incarcerated
Sentenced for: 20 years (Department Of Corrections - All But 15 Years Suspended)
Sentenced Date: 05/12/1989
Sentence Type: Probation
Sentenced for: 6 years
Sentenced Date: 05/12/1989

I don't understand the use of the word "steak" used 2x to refer to female victims, nor the charge of "gross grilling assault"? Sounds like a bad joke--is there a weird string of search terms getting mixed in there?

Nola you are right on in your characterization of Rick Jones. I was in contact with him just today regarding another Nevada UID; I found him to be personable and helpful, and good at follow-up. He took my initial submission all the way to its end, without me even having to contact him again for an update. Then he emailed me back to let me know the outcome [not a match, unfortunately.] After hearing all the horror stories of busy LE I was impressed by his timeliness and follow-through.

I don't understand the use of the word "steak" used 2x to refer to female victims, nor the charge of "gross grilling assault"? Sounds like a bad joke--is there a weird string of search terms getting mixed in there?

I really do hope it is a bad joke... Cause then a man may not have been present or committed 30 murders... Riddle’s not very a P.C type of person, so it really isn't that hard to understand the meaning of his terminology.

The work "Steak" has many other meanings then the food:

- A prostitute
- A general slang word when a guy is describing female
- Money, Cash, Green, Bread, Bank
- Code word for *advertiser censored*
- A woman's vagina

“ A piece of meat I can do what I want with…”

Its not my term, it’s the term Lovie Lee Riddle uses in his Diary that was found in his car when he was arrested.

As for “gross grilling misconduct” thank you for pointing that mistake out it should read Gross Grilling Assault according to Bangor News

Article from: Bangor Daily News Bangor, ME Article
Date: December 28, 2002

A story about Christmas at the Penobscot County Jail in Thursday's editions contained limited information about two inmates' criminal histories. Lovie Riddle Jr., 57, is charged with domestic assault, which is a violation of his probation for a 1989 conviction for gross grilling assault...

<<<Hey Webrocket,
>>>

Don't forget to mention Cynthia Gastelle as well.

I somehow missed all these posts about Mr. Riddle. Deeds, you highlighted in red the bit about him beating a 17 y.o. steak to death in Tennessee.

unless he said something about Nevada, where this Henderson Arroyo Grande UID was found, what is his connection to this UID?

http://www.missingincalifornia.com/terrycollier1979.html

Terry Collier's missing persons case was just entered into NamUs this year and tonight I saw it for the first time. I know that the age is way off (Terry was 30 in 1979), but what if our Arroyo Grande JD was older. AGJD age range is listed as between 14-25. So this is a 6 year difference. I still think it bears a good look.

Here's a comparison of the other physical characteristics for both cases:
Both AGJD and Terry's height are 5'2";
Weight for AGJD is 102; Terry's is listed as 125;
Hair for both is reddish-brown;
Eye color AGJD is blue/green; Terry's eye color is listed as blue.

Terry's family thinks she was living in homeless shelters in California- that life style could explain the difference in weight.
Terry's family lost contact with her in or after January 1979; AGJD was found in October 1980.

TCollier.jpg
2578205470045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
IMG_2710.jpg

http://www.missingincalifornia.com/terrycollier1979.html

Terry Collier's case was just recently entered into NamUs this year. I know that the age is way off, but what if our Arroyo Grande JD was older.

Take a look at this case:
Both AGJD and Terry's height are 5'2";
Weight for AGJD is 102; Terry's is listed as 125;
Hair for both is reddish-brown;
Eye color AGJD is blue/green; Terry's eye color is listed as blue.

Terry's family think she was living in homeless shelters in California- that life style could explain the difference in weight.
Terry's family lost contact with her in January 1979; AGJD was found in October 1980.

TCollier.jpg
2578205470045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Two of Terry's photos show her teeth with a pretty good view of her 7&8. I don't see any gap there.

Carl-
I have always wondered how big of a gap AGJD had. I saw the dental x-rays on line and again in person but don't remember details about the gap. I am going to see if I can find the x-rays for a closer look.

What do you think about the age difference?

Thanks for your comments.

What do you think about the age difference?

I don't see AGJD as being 30 years old, but similar mistakes have been made. I've seen instances of huge discrepancies between age estimates and the actual age.

I don't see AGJD as being 30 years old, but similar mistakes have been made. I've seen instances of huge discrepancies between age estimates and the actual age.

She did have such a youthful face. I wonder if AGJD's clavicle was fused (indicating an older age) despite having such of young physical appearance?

I edited my earlier post to add the photo with Terry smiling...I zoomed in on the shot to see if I could get any indicators of a gap between 7&8...Terry's front two teeth do look like they could be set a little in front of 8, but the photo becomes so distorted when magnified that it is just too blurry to tell.

Terry's high school photo shows pearly whites without any noticeable gap.

Just this afternoon I received an e-mail about this possible match. It is good to know that LE have Terry Collier's fingerprints and that NamUs will be updated.
Here's the e-mail:

I have requested a copy of missing person Terry Collier's (DOB: 08/25/1948 - SBCSD #011100589 - NamUs MP #9467) fingerprints for comparison with Arroyo Grande Jane Doe, Clark County Coroner #80-01221 (NamUs UP #46). We will update NamUs with the comparison results.

Thank you for bringing this possible match to our attention.

B Castillo
Unidentified-Missing Person Center
San Bernardino County Sheriff Department - Coroner Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads