Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Caylee Anthony 2 years old

Notices

Caylee Anthony 2 years old Not reported missing for a month after she was last seen.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
No, look on Page 13 of the 75 pages you were nice enough to post for me. It says '03 at the top in the left hand corner, then "Seize the Day" and something else. Opposite that she writes about how she feels - there are pages ripped out also.

I read that some believe CA put in "03 after she found the diary and had heart failure reading it.

Regarding George seeing them. He saw them on the 16th. She wrote this on the 21st.

I don't see the discrepancy in that? Am I understanding you?
yes, you are right. GA saw her on the 16th of June with Caylee. The entry in the journal was 21st of June. I get that June - July timeframe confused. Sorry.

It was July 16th that the deletions showed up on the laptop, the day she got arrested. Could Yuri's investigation on this journal and the words she used have any correlation to the timeframe in question with Caylee's disappearance? Do you see any way LE can use this journal?
Old 04-11-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Okay, I get it. This is unreal. Yuri is just great. Did you read the words to New Beginning? It is chilling.

Also, I had read that Cindy said the diary was written in 2005 or something, but Yuri had contacted the company and found the diary was a special edition and it did not come out for a couple of years later. I have the times not exact, but if this comes into evidence, I mean, I will be speakin in tongues.

It appears that the date on the left is 2003, the date on the written page is June 21st - there are pages removed. I don't know. What do you think?
My Problem with the journal is the fact that she apparently didn't have it at Tony's. Yuri Mellich emailed a picture of it to Tony. There was IIRC something in a recent discovery release from Tony's father, stating, that Tony did not recall seeing the journal. And didn't Tony pack all her gear up in anticipation of Lee coming over July 15th/16th.

For those 31 days Casey was sneaking back to the house (emphasis on sneaking). Per her phone pings, she was there primarily for short periods of time, probably raiding Cindy's fridge, looking for cash and picking up clothes. And ofcourse quite possibly on one trip, trying to bury Caylee. I just don't see her taking time out to go seek out her old journal, jot down some very deep and potentially incriminating thoughts then leave Hopespring without it. Whether fantasy or not, I don't think ICA figured she would have to live with the folks ever again.

MOO
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Verified Insider-Mark Dribin case

Arrow

Granted, we don't know when the backdating was done, only that it wasn't written in 2003, had to be after 2004. But the simplest, most obvious explanation is that it was written in 2008 to explain Casey's happiness at her new found freedom from motherhood and wondering if she will get caught.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisskross View Post
My Problem with the journal is the fact that she apparently didn't have it at Tony's. Yuri Mellich emailed a picture of it to Tony. There was IIRC something in a recent discovery release from Tony's father, stating, that Tony did not recall seeing the journal. And didn't Tony pack all her gear up in anticipation of Lee coming over July 15th/16th.

For those 31 days Casey was sneaking back to the house (emphasis on sneaking). Per her phone pings, she was there primarily for short periods of time, probably raiding Cindy's fridge, looking for cash and picking up clothes. And ofcourse quite possibly on one trip, trying to bury Caylee. I just don't see her taking time out to go seek out her old journal, jot down some very deep and potentially incriminating thoughts then leave Hopespring without it. Whether fantasy or not, I don't think ICA figured she would have to live with the folks ever again.

MOO
Hi KK,

I find it hard to be lieve that she would take a chance like this myself. But knowing the chances she took outright, killing her and driving around with her in her car and then returning to the house twice and backing in to the garage tells me it is possible. She could do that. She could have been in the house. It was quiet; saw her diary and wrote that. Would not have taken long - Could have been a little nervous and felt that writing it would be good. She says in the diary - she is a little nervous. I can see her doing it. She doesn't think like you or I.

I don't believe it can be proven, I know they mentioned the diary at the hearing.

But I could see her doing that. She was back and forth a lot. Look how she just walked in on George. That tells me she was feeling pretty "safe"; she did not care at that point. Just came right in.

You can't get much crazier than driving around with a dead child in your trunk - seriously. She might have done the diary thing.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Solace For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Vespertine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR View Post
Beach, I don't think LE COULD confiscate it. It probably wasn't listed as one of the items on the search warrant. And whatever wasn't listed on the search warrant wouldn't be collected legally and could be thrown out as evidence all together.

I'm just so thankful they took the pictures. I'm sure without the proof that it existed Cindy would have destroyed it. And it would have been a he said/she said deal.
The following is just MOO, based upon studying the threads in this forum and the evidence. Thank you to everyone who has spent hours researching, analyzing and posting about this fascinating case. I will be following the trial along with you next month

Assuming that SB and GA are correct about the smell of human decomp in the Pontiac's trunk, and that eyewitness accounts and KC's lack of a credible alibi place her under suspicion...

The period of time between mid-June and early July offered plenty of time for this diary entry to have been written. By the time KC was in custody, both KC and CA had had access to KC's diary between the time of her first arrest and when it was submitted to Conway. Regardless of who scrawled "'03" in the same angle as "June 21" in the opposing page corner, it's obviously a coverup!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Alex For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 12:14 AM

Casey's Journal- Handwriting Analysis

http://www.viewzone.com/handwriting.casey.html

Some interesting thoughts about ICA's handwriting and what they may tell us about her. Interesting how many times she writes "I" in the one page writing too (18 times). Note what the comments say about the vertical slant of the writing----so true.

"-The vertical slant throughout most of the entry indicates a desire to control emotions."
-Print capitalized I: individualist, her value system isn't influenced by society."

Last edited by Capri; 04-14-2011 at 12:58 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri View Post

Some interesting thoughts about ICA's handwriting and what they may tell us about her. Interesting how many times she writes "I" in the one page writing too (18 times). Note what the comments say about the vertical slant of the writing----so true.

"-The vertical slant throughout most of the entry indicates a desire to control emotions."
-Print capitalized I: individualist, her value system isn't influenced by society."
interesting!
and the content of this entry is endlessly wierd.
she writes that she's surrounded herself with "good people"...?? the Lake Vaj people? Tony L?? The wierdo bunch at Fusion? Hmm.
If you want happiness for a lifetime ? help someone else."
Chinese Proverb
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to affinity For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Verified Juanette

Is there a difference between the 'earlier' handwriting as opposed to this more recent entry?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 AM

actually the I when written referring to self indicates the individual's feelings for his or her self and also his or her parents. one who writes with a printed I, with no serifs, usually is one who doesnt want anyone to know anything about him/her nor about his/her family.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 AM
A Catcher in the Rye

Thank you for this link. I find each person's analysis of the hand writing of Casey Anthony very interesting. So far, I have really enjoyed the comment by "Luc".

(snip)
She truly believes that any decision she makes is the only one that is right, and anything that impedes or discourages her pleasure is a no-brainer....eliminate it. She had been thinking about it for awhile. She openly admits how unhappy she had been for a long time. One can only surmise that the reason for her sudden state is the removal of the reason. She is proud of herself, and believes that others should be impressed with her decision. Her only worry is that others might not see the facts as clearly and simply, and try to accuse or malign her."
(end snip)

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothings like before. ~Utada Hikaru

If you lose one you greatly love, take comfort...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chiquita71 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 11:56 PM
A Catcher in the Rye

Does anyone know where it was being discussed(it was a subject discussed on threads, I did a search but I could not find it)about the "ghost" pages that were found for this diary?

Kenneth Drupiewski was listed to rebut the State's attempts to introduce a diary written by Miss Anthony while she was a juvenile in high school. Despite the obvious date of 2003 on the diary the State has at tax payers expense, spared no expense in utilizing both FBI and Secret Service to date this diary to fit their time line. Despite their inability to do so, this does not appear to deter the State in presenting this evidence. Mr Drupiewski is one of the individuals mentioned in the diary and will be able to testify about the timing of breaking up with Casey Anthony as a high school student.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2011/0216/26889138.pdf

Wasn't Kenneth the name in that Ghost writing? According to this document the State is going to use the diary so that is why the defense had Kenneth on their witness list. But as this documents states, the defense took him off the list. It was speculated that maybe the '03 date was a "ruse" and this diary page on June 21st, may have been written in 2008, not 2003. That would make the entry less than a week after Caylee is said to have died using the June 16th date.

Now that the defense has stated that Caylee died on June 16th in an accident that Casey was aware of-how does this entry look in light of that "revelation?"

If it is Kenneth that is the same one, I remember in the ghost writing it was about a break up and Casey says to the effect of "Kenneth has been great about everything, he is definitely boyfriend material." So, I am assuming that is why the defense team wanted to call him as a witness if the defense was going to say the diary was from 2008 and not 2003 as the defense claims.

I agree the ghost pages are from the time when Kenneth and Casey would have still been in school, it fits with the idea of '03(except for the whole: this diary wasn't available until 2004 issue) but the June 21st entry does not, for me.

Now that the trial has begun I believe even more now the June 21st entry was in 2008, and it is regarding Casey's feelings about (allegedly) her decision to kill Caylee.

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all. Nothings like before. ~Utada Hikaru

If you lose one you greatly love, take comfort...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiquita71 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Justice for all victims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri View Post

I have always felt that this was Cindys' writing. Not Caseys'. I have no idea why Cindy would write this, but if you compare both handwritings, the letters are formed more the way Cindy writes.

No answers. Just my .
Old 06-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Yo I'm a ninja!

Bumping
The Following User Says Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 12:45 AM

Who was Casey friends with in 2005? Could it have been written then, around the time she told her mother she was pregnant, officially?

Also it doesn't seem as though she had it with her when she was on the run for those 31 days in 2008, does it?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 PM

bumping

Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Queenofwands For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 04:00 PM

She's been on the stand how long?....and she hasn't started yet. WTH
Old 06-29-2011, 04:02 PM

I think that I could qualify...I've had several family members pass away. Good Grief Charlie Brown.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:04 PM

I could answer that one...some people grieve by partying at Fusion, bed hopping, stealing from family and friends, getting tattoos, lying. KWIM
Old 06-29-2011, 04:05 PM

OMG Barnes and Nobel...I just fell off of my chair. Is she for real?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 PM

I think you're posting in the wrong thread. This is the thread for Caylee's diary, not the Sally Karioth thread. (Happens to all of us eventually!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 PM

Is this going to come in during rebuttal?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG View Post
From the FBI report:

So much for the entry being written in 2003.
----------------
Hi, we knew that. I remember discussing it. I dont know why it wasnt left in, often wondered. Some of the texting should have been in also. Oh well.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:54 AM

I wonder if June 21 is the day Casey put Caylee in the wooded swampy area on suburban
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kkdj For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 AM

I am now positive that diary entry was written in 2008. I am so disgusted by what we now know...they didn't find the 7/16 searches and they didn't find what we here found..that entry could not have been in 2003.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
I am now positive that diary entry was written in 2008. I am so disgusted by what we now know...they didn't find the 7/16 searches and they didn't find what we here found..that entry could not have been in 2003.
To be fair, they released information that indicated that they investigated and determined that the entry was NOT written in 2003, but unfortunately the evidence pointed more to (IIRC) 2005 than 2008.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post: