IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
How close is it to where the body was found?

Where RS's car was looks to be 2.5 hours from Indianapolis...I doubt she would end up in a creek if she went into Lake Michigan?

I think all of this will be clear tomorrow night, or in the next very few days. They will ID the body and it will be Lauren or it won't.

I just got back from the Bloomington Fireworks at the Monroe County Fairgrounds.

The Spierer's were at the main gate with some helpers handing out flyers to every vehicle and asking for help finding Lauren.

Mr. Spierer got on stage a spoke a little before the start of the fireworks.

Nope. Most rivers and creeks flow from the NE to the SW in Indiana. Anything dumped in a creek around Bloomington would be heading toward Evansville, Not Indy.

Fall Creek almost flows from NE to SW. That body would have been dumped somewhere below the Geist Dam which is about 5 or 6 miles NE of where it was found.
There is an access point to Fall Creek 500-600 ft east of the location where the body was found. There are also three other access points east or northeast of the remains site.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?msid=202527109158351282041.0004a74abdf0be6f3a18a&msa=0&ll=39.864269,-86.054921&spn=0.00443,0.013862&t=h&z=17"]Google Maps[/ame]

Why would anyone pick up keys and put them on the railing? Does not make sense to me.

Apparently you're not the only one confused by this...but

If I leave my apartment and drop my keys in the grass or along the sidewalk please hang them on a nearby railing or mailbox or set them on the steps near where you find them.

I will be back to get them when I realize I've lost them.

If you turn them in at the building security office thru a drop box I'll have to wait for them to open to get my keys back.
If you turn them in to the cops...after I sober up and figure out what you did...I still have to drive across town to find my darn keys.

If you keep them...thats o.k. as long as you know their mine and you come find me.

Otherwise...just leave them on the railing...I'll get'em.

How close is it to where the body was found?
One hundred and sixty five miles, give or take.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Indiana+Dunes+National+Lakeshore,+1100+N+Mineral+Springs+Rd,+Porter,+Indiana+46304&daddr=6500+Fall+Creek+Pkwy+N+Dr,+Indianapolis,+Indiana+46220&hl=en&ll=40.75558,-86.687622&spn=2.238624,5.004272&sll=40.871988,-86.726074&sspn=2.234701,5.004272&geocode=FRSUewIdbq_P-inlQRaLg74RiDEOB13W-ZWrMw%3BFfMZYAId3HXe-inFJ6Dp8k1riDH15IiaizPHfQ&mra=pd&t=h&z=8"]Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, 1100 N Mineral Springs Rd, Porter, IN 46304 to 6500 Fall Creek Pkwy N Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46220 - Google Maps[/ame]

Noblesville is only 17 miles, so it's more likely to be Dorothy Heard's body.

For what it's worth, I have heard (via 2 different IU students) that ZO is not and has never been in AEPi.

I just got back from the Bloomington Fireworks at the Monroe County Fairgrounds.

The Spierer's were at the main gate with some helpers handing out flyers to every vehicle and asking for help finding Lauren.

Mr. Spierer got on stage a spoke a little before the start of the fireworks.

This makes me feel even more certain that the body found probably is not Lauren...or that at least they were probably told it was not likely to be her. Bless their hearts.

There is an access point to Fall Creek 500-600 ft east of the location where the body was found. There are also three other access points east or northeast of the remains site.

Google Maps

I spent a few hours looking around the area where the body was located in Fall Creek.
I went up stream and looked for places where it would be the easiest to move a body from a car to the creek without being noticed. I also scoured the ground around these places for any sign of jewelery of clothing...nothing found.
A couple of things that stand out (to me) about this area as a chosen body dump site:
- There is hardly anywhere along this creek that you would not be taking a considerable risk in being seen disposing of a body or moving a large object from a car..etc
There is a lot of traffic and the area is heavily populated.
- A couple of the best spots for doing so require that you trespass on Boy Scouts of America property...but the creek is very close to the road (along Fall Creek Pkwy just east of Shadeland Ave.) and dense with trees and vegetation.
- Further to the East is Ft Benjamin Harrison State Park

- Imo someone utilizing this area as a body disposal sight would likely have a strong familiarity with it beforehand.
In other words, they did not just pull off of the interstate and find this in the dark. Imo, they had to know the area.

-As mentioned earlier, Fall Creek is fed by Geist Reservoir. It's possible that the body was dropped near the dam.
And, again I think this would require some knowledge of the area.
Although the dam is several miles upstream from where the body was discovered, the creek has been out of it's banks recently.
Heavy rains through this area in June could have pushed a body downstream that distance.

The creek has a very inconsistent depth range. Today parts of the creek are no more than 18" deep in places and there are pockets that are several feet deep.
Unless you used the dam as the "put in point" you would have to know the creek well to know where the deep pockets are in order to conceal the body.
It's the kind of creek that meanders most of the time and seems to stand still in places.
But when heavy rains come, it rises quickly and becomes a fast moving stream.

When LS went missing on 6/3 we had not had rain for several days. On Sat. 6/4 we had a major storm from the North through Indy in the early evening and late evening it passed through Btown.

I think they were in AEPi but that ZO is 2 years younger than JW.

The supposed roommate of JW who is posting quite frequently on PT says that JW didn't receive information about the altercation because even though they were in the same frat, they were a couple of years apart and never friends. ZO and that crew would not have even had JW's number stored in his phone to reach him to tell.

So again, I take it back. No apparent connection between JW and ZO and I am sincerely sorry if I threw anyone off or re-ignited a rumor, especially because I honestly don't think JW is involved.

I had also read in the MSM that the guys who accosted CR at Smallwood were friends of JW and took it to be fact. So, you're not the only one.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to welcome our new members to Websleuths. Thank you for joining and participating.

Has any connection between Lauren's case and Holly Bobo's case been ruled out?

Granted they are in seperate states but same age, similar looks. Just thinking out loud I guess.

Take Care,
Tricia

nothing to suggest that they are connected that i have seen.

but to rule it out would require a lot more evidence to be known in both cases.

Based on what little information I have, I have a theory and am curious if it can be ruled out.

JS's visitor was willing to party with LS at 3:15 when she came from CR's apt. They left together, but she started to crash. Visitor was actually seen with LS at 3:38, he told an intoxicated LS that he would take her home, but did not know where her home was. He took her to JR's, since that's his temporary home. Someone called DR to give LS a ride home, since she wasn't walking. DR didn't answer, so visitor took LS down to his car, parked in the gravel lot. Something happened at some point, she died, he took off with her body in the car. JR wakes up in the morning, realizes that LS is missing, his buddy has taken off without word, and whatever happened, he is to some extent responsible because he provided the drugs and put LS into contact with the buddy.

I know the popular opinion is to discount the 3:38 sighting because the police said it was not on video and not consistent with the timeline, but I think it's possible they are saying that to try to chip away at JR's loyalty to his friend. In other words, if JR is covering for his friend, but LE is emphasizing JR as the last person to see her, maybe JR would be more likely to crack, knowing it's him or his friend. If one of LS's other friends have given a detailed description of JR's friend, but JR is not talking about the friend, it may be that LE does not want the information out there about this other party, who may in fact be their top suspect.

So I'm seeing a lot of MSM fueling speculation that the Fall Creek body is LS.

I'm curious, do you guys think this is just because it makes for some quick buzz, or because MSM might have an inside source or two that is leaning in that direction?

And before you ask, yes I did read all the articles, and am fully aware that none of them actually say that it is probably LS or anything like that, but I think the headlines speak for themselves.

Is there something to these headlines or is it just typical media antics?

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ays-of-our-lives-star-s-cousin-lauren-spierer

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/0...if-it-is-that-lauren-spierer/?test=latestnews

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/04/indiana.missing.student/

buzz. They know this drives pageviews. Given the location I'd be shocked if this was Lauren.

Oh, and LE is being smart in waiting until an autopsy before announcing it isn't Lauren. That way will have a lot of people attending to a presser or press release when they say "this isn't Lauren BUT...." and that will help them find who it is and maybe what happened.

snipped
Based on what little information I have, I have a theory and am curious if it can be ruled out.
snipped

I'll be the first so say I don't think your theory can be ruled out. JR's alleged visitor (alleged because we have only one media source as far as I know for JR having a visitor from home that evening) is a mystery to the general public.

I can relate to having mixed feelings about whether or not it's Lauren. I'm experiencing similarly conflicting thoughts for the very same reasons.

As for JR, I just can't get over being convinced of his involvement. You are 100% correct in that we do not know of any evidence against him, but consider the following:

1. The claim that he saw her turn the corner around 4:30am.
- Completely uncorroborated
- It has been said that it would have been very difficult for him to actually see her.
- It has been said that cameras would likely have spotted this (not definitely, but likely).
- This is not the route she took to get from Smallwood to 5 North. Why would she take a different route back? Humans are creatures of habit. Don't you usually take the same route to a place that you visit frequently (it has been said she visited there frequently)?
- It has been generally accepted as a truth that JR had a friend staying with him that night. Why has the friend not corroborated ANY of this to LE (the way that MB has corroborated CR's timeline)?

2. The claim that LS made an unanswered phone call from JR's phone at 4:15am to DR.
- Uncorroborated
- Supposedly she was looking for her phone. Really? Why would she call DR of all people? Seems like he was not with her for very long. Why wouldn't she call CR or MB? If she waited until 4:15am to make the "have you seen my phone?" call, you would think she would start with her last whereabouts, not her first.
- Did she know by the time she left Kilroy's with CR that she had lost her phone? Why didn't she call Kilroy's?
- Did she simply want to be let into Smallwood? Why wouldn't she call her roommate? Seems like DR would be an odd person to choose for that particular call.

3. The attorney.
- Why Voyles? Why such an expensive, attention-drawing, high-profile attorney?
- I am sure the R's have access to tons of experienced, big money attorneys. Why this one? IMO, because they need someone to see this kid through a trial by jury.
- I said this before, but you don't hire a Voyles just to tell you to leave town and keep your mouth shut. You hire him for the long haul.
- This was a decision in which JR and his family weighed that the risk of hiring Voyles (reputation and rumor-wise) was lesser than the risk of NOT hiring Voyles.

4. Leaving town so soon.
- Even CR, who looked like the most obvious POI at the time with him amnesia story, stuck around, submitted DNA, and took a polygraph that from what I understand was administered by LE.
- JR left Bloomington so quickly that not one person can attest that he was still in town on June 4. I've asked on this board probably 4 or 5 times at this point.

5. The "cooperation" and "polygraph".
- JR "provided" a statement.
- He "provided" a polygraph.
- Who does that? Who "provides" private a polygraph to LE?
- All communication has been through his lawyer.

Even if he is not related to her disappearance (and I'd be giving him a really huge benefit of the doubt), he is hiding something if you ask me.

i totally agree.
i also wonder who JR lived with & if they were home as well as his out of town guest?

i think Lauren met her demise close to 4:30am. I hope LE is using scent dogs & using forensics on any cars that were at JR's that night.

What about ACACIA or AKAK?

Tony, that's the fraternity I heard he was associated with as well (Acacia and AKAK are the same thing - AKAK is their nickname). I haven't been able to verify it, though, so at this point it's just message board rumors. I looked at the IU Acacia website to see if he appeared in any of their pictures, but the website seems pretty outdated (last updated in '08 or '09, before he would've been a student at IU).

Good morning. While we wait for news today, this is a good time to open a new thread. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail