OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

defence expert is listing a plethora of mental health diagnoses and issues Sowell had,

His sister hurt him in some ways but she humanized him too. He showed a lot of emotion when she spoke. There is obviously a bond between them. I feel so sorry for her.

It must be dreadful for any family member to learn that one of there own has committed such dreadful crimes,

he also appears to have friends who are willing to stand by him such as the witness who served time in jail with him,

he will need all the support he can get as he serves out the rest of his life in prison,

It must be dreadful for any family member to learn that one of there own has committed such dreadful crimes,

he also appears to have friends who are willing to stand by him such as the witness who served time in jail with him,

he will need all the support he can get as he serves out the rest of his life in prison,

This might sound strange but when I listened to the psychologist talking about Sowell and from other things I have read about Sowell it seemed like he does better in prison because he needs a "regimented" environment. Like he had in the Marines. They said he was a model prisoner and the only time he created a problem was when things belonging to him went missing then they had to do a lock down because he "totally lost it". (having to do with counting things and extreme OCD).

That makes me think a life sentence for him would be something of a relief for him. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. On the outside his life isn't regimented and he can't cope or control his urges. I'm sure drugs, alcohol, and his metal problems didn't help either.

This might sound strange but when I listened to the psychologist talking about Sowell and from other things I have read about Sowell it seemed like he does better in prison because he needs a "regimented" environment. Like he had in the Marines. They said he was a model prisoner and the only time he created a problem was when things belonging to him went missing then they had to do a lock down because he "totally lost it". (having to do with counting things and extreme OCD).

That makes me think a life sentence for him would be something of a relief for him. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. On the outside his life isn't regimented and he can't cope or control his urges. I'm sure drugs, alcohol, and his metal problems didn't help either.

I agree, seems he needs to live in a structured environment, without the structure of the military or prison he self destructs, and he is a danger to all women, after his first sentence for rape he came out and went onto not only commit further rapes but also murdered many victims,

There is no mitigating evidence that could convince me to show mercy on this shockingly evil monster. It makes me angry to see them trying to.

What I find really scary about his testimony is that ... he seems so 'normal'. {{{{shudder}}}

That's exactly how most serial killers go undetected for so long, they look normal and are able to blend into society. Many are very charismatic and likeable. The are like a chameleon, they blend in wherever they go.

Sowell did say,
I want to say I'm sorry

I felt so sorry for the mother who spoke outside of the courtroom. Tears running down her face and she said, I know its probably wrong to say it but I was thinking if only he had died when he had that heart attack. Seven or a lot of these girls including my daughter would still be alive. (I did this from memory so I'm not certain I got every word she said exact.)

same link as Joe's: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/cr...nthony-sowell-apologizes-for-killing-11-women

Sowell did say,
I want to say I'm sorry

I felt so sorry for the mother who spoke outside of the courtroom. Tears running down her face and she said, I know its probably wrong to say it but I was thinking if only he had died when he had that heart attack. Seven or a lot of these girls including my daughter would still be alive. (I did this from memory so I'm not certain I got every word she said exact.)

same link as Joe's: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/cr...nthony-sowell-apologizes-for-killing-11-women

They will be televising the sentencing. I think it wll come in tomorrow.
If he gets life I hope he goes in GP. will save Ohio a lot of money.IMO :seeya:

Not a chance of him going in GP, imo. The only way to save Ohio $$ is to give him life. DP automatically triggers appeals and we have spent enough on this monster.

Not a chance of him going in GP, imo. The only way to save Ohio $$ is to give him life. DP automatically triggers appeals and we have spent enough on this monster.

Ohiogirl, you are right. People think the DP saves money but that's not true. The appeals, new trials, legal fees add up quickly and if money is the issue a life sentence is the best choice.

IMO the death penalty is not a deterrant to murder. Especially, a serial killer. Just as people always think "it won't happen to me", murderers don't think they will get caught.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back