ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFarago lived 0.9 miles from where GVG currently lives. 3 minutes away on Hidden Ponds Way. Since she no longer lives there and doesn't even live in the state. I figure it's ok to post the name of the street. If I'm off limits, Mods please feel free to delete.

Her old home is one of the ones at the very end of Hidden Ponds Way in that group of 8 houses. They are all huge just like GVG's.

http://www.homes.com/Home-Prices/ID-400013404651/16213-HIDDEN-PONDS-WAY/

Soooo I'd say she is not in this for the money. I believe her story about him.

ETA: Looking at bing earth all he had to do was walk across the school football field then walk behind the school and into the woods to get to her house. So it's actually less time (2 min) and milage (0.5) because my starting point was at the entrance of Pueblo Rd. The woods surrounded the back and both sides of her house.

I think this guy is a psychopath and a danger to society. He needs to be put away for life. And I hate to blame the victim here because no one deserves to die at the hands of a cold blooded killer.... but I'm honestly having a hard time 'connecting' with RG in a way would allow me care about what actually happened to her. Awful, I know...

And the mother/daughter duo.. words fail. Well, not really but I hope they have had their 15 min of fame and we never hear from them again.

I don't know if it was a romantic relationship or not.
I do tend to lean towards romantic relationship based on how they met and the fact that they saw each other a couple times month.
Also, if it was based on modeling or whatever, I see no reason for her to lie to her BF about it.
I don't see anything that makes me believe Robyn was niave.
At thirty five, most of us have experienced enough of life to have our eyes open.
It is possible, based on things I have read about GG that he was a charmer.
These men have to have something to attract beautiful women
She may not have seen the real man until she was alone with him , far away from any support system

I don't know if it was a romantic relationship or not.
I do tend to lean towards romantic relationship based on how they met and the fact that they saw each other a couple times month.
Also, if it was based on modeling or whatever, I see no reason for her to lie to her BF about it.
I don't see anything that makes me believe Robyn was niave.
At thirty five, most of us have experienced enough of life to have our eyes open.
It is possible, based on things I have read about GG that he was a charmer.
These men have to have something to attract beautiful women
She may not have seen the real man until she was alone with him , far away from any support system

Agree. He reminds me of Ted Bundy. Quite the charmer until he got you alone.

This is the handwritten police report in the video. I transcribed it. It is graphic. This occurred a little over a year ago. I am alarmed that this did not result in a rape conviction, and we have a new light on the case. My profile of him as a BDSM rapist appears dead on.

I prepared to leave after speaking with my daughter. Gary was angry and ordered me to stay. We drank wine and by 8 p.m., we argued about his past sexual lifestyle as a swinger. I prepared to leave again, but he pushed me into his bed where I stood near the footboard. My clothes were on and I had my period, which I told Gary. He pushed my dress up and pulled out my tampon, throwing it on the floor. We bagan to have sex. I couldn't look at him, so I turned over. He tried to have anal sex, but I protested. Then, he started to bite me - on my face, neck and breast and buttocks. I turned over to face him and he started to choke me with his bare hands. He then shoved his fingers down my throat. I was struggling and gagging. He then pushed my head onto his (?). I sat quietly and was crying. I told him that I wanted to go home. He protested, then told me to stop being a victim. He got angrier as I got my clothes on, so I huddled on the floor and kept quiet. Moments later, when he went to the bathroom, I ran out and drove home. On 4-16-10 I filled a police report in Montogomery Co. On 4-20-10 I filed assault...

Missing in Aruba: Exclusive New Details - YouTube

Ok I just wanted to bump this because I am curious ... has anyone figured out why she typed 16?

Perhaps the 16 refers to a place, but it's a strange thing to write in a status update, it's like an answer not a question?

16 could be a street address.?

By COLLEEN CURRY and MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC)
ORANJESTAD, Aruba Aug. 16, 2011
The last person to see Robyn Gardner and Gary Giordano together was the owner of a dive shop on Aruba who noticed their car far out on a rocky point of the island which he thought was an unlikely place to be snorkeling

http://abcnews.go.com/International/aruba-dive-shop-owner-person-robyn-gardner/story?id=14315628

For some reason the page is not opening when I click it, is it possible someone can post the text of the article here?

Thanks

This is the part that pertains to the dive shop guy

Aruba Dive Shop Owner Was Last Person to See Robyn Gardner

The last person to see Robyn Gardner and Gary Giordano together was the owner of a dive shop on Aruba who noticed their car far out on a rocky point of the island which he thought was an unlikely place to be snorkeling.

Gardner, 35, has been missing since and is presumed by Aruba police to be dead.

Giordano, 50, was ordered this week to remain in an Aruban jail for another 16 days while police invesitgate what they say are apparent gaps in time between when witnesses saw the pair on the beach and the timeline Giordano gave when he reported Gardner missing.

The owner of the dive shop at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill, who wished to remain anonymous, said that he saw the pair that aftenoon that Gardner vanished. He said he noticed the woman's shoulder tattoos --- a leopard print patttern -- but saw no unusual behavior.

He later saw Giordano's rental car at the tip of a rocky path leading out to the ocean, and said he thought at the time how unusual it was to see people snorkeling at that spot.

Stein has said that there were apparent gaps in time between when witnesses saw the pair on the beach and the timeline Giordano gave when he reported Gardner missing.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/arub....ory?id=14315628

This is the part that pertains to the dive shop guy

Aruba Dive Shop Owner Was Last Person to See Robyn Gardner

The last person to see Robyn Gardner and Gary Giordano together was the owner of a dive shop on Aruba who noticed their car far out on a rocky point of the island which he thought was an unlikely place to be snorkeling.

Gardner, 35, has been missing since and is presumed by Aruba police to be dead.

Giordano, 50, was ordered this week to remain in an Aruban jail for another 16 days while police invesitgate what they say are apparent gaps in time between when witnesses saw the pair on the beach and the timeline Giordano gave when he reported Gardner missing.

The owner of the dive shop at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill, who wished to remain anonymous, said that he saw the pair that aftenoon that Gardner vanished. He said he noticed the woman's shoulder tattoos --- a leopard print patttern -- but saw no unusual behavior.

He later saw Giordano's rental car at the tip of a rocky path leading out to the ocean, and said he thought at the time how unusual it was to see people snorkeling at that spot.

Stein has said that there were apparent gaps in time between when witnesses saw the pair on the beach and the timeline Giordano gave when he reported Gardner missing.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/arub....ory?id=14315628

Thanks alot for posting, I appreciate it. Sort of confirms what I thought, why take her to that spot to snorkel? Never made a whole lot of sense to me, also now there are varying gaps in time to when they were last seen and reported missing, perhaps more time for him to dispose of a body

Very soon there are going to be loud questions being asked why Gary Giordano was not put behind bars by Montgomery County last year. The timeline needs to be put together better for his history, but that is where this is heading. There are two distinct cases of court or police filings by two different women last year, at least. That police report I transcribed up above was the latter of the two.

ETA: On the plus side, even if Aruba can't get a conviction, there is good reason to believe he will be arrested and charged with sexual assault, etc. once he arrives on U.S. soil. His days of freedom are over for a while at least.

MOO.

I wonder if he took Robyn out to that tip (where the witness saw the car) and tried to rape her and she put up a fight and hit her head on a rock? Could someone swimming at Baby Beach hear her scream?

The last person to see Robyn Gardner and Gary Giordano together was the owner of a dive shop on Aruba who noticed their car far out on a rocky point of the island which he thought was an unlikely place to be snorkeling

http://abcnews.go.com/International/aruba-dive-shop-owner-person-robyn-gardner/story?id=14315628

He parked there to inspect the planned location of reporting her missing, IMO. He chose there to have lunch to scout the area, be seen, etc. then drove to a more secluded area, etc. then came back. That's what I think about this report.

He parked there to inspect the planned location of reporting her missing, IMO. He chose there to have lunch to scout the area, then drove to a more secluded area, etc. then came back. That's what I think about this report.

I understand what you are saying and the inspection of the area makes a lot of sense to me.

I still am wondering where he would take her in two hours and twenty three minutes

Obviously LE are wondering the same thing

If the dive shop guy saw the car there, I am wondering if he noticed when it left
If he did and GGs story doesn't match the witnesses, GG has major trouble
Maybe this is what police are referring to when they say inconsistencies in his story

I understand what you are saying and the inspection of the area makes a lot of sense to me.

I still am wondering where he would take her in two hours and twenty three minutes

Obviously LE are wondering the same thing

Well, my opinion is there must be somewhere within about a 50 minute drive that he took her that has enough seclusion to carry out the allegations I have speculated. From what has been discussed, a point on the road between Boca Mahos and the natural bridge; there are cliffs there and the body would float out to sea.

A spot like this which is along that road:

cliffnorthroad.jpg

If the dive shop guy saw the car there, I am wondering if he noticed when it left
If he did and GGs story doesn't match the witnesses, GG has major trouble
Maybe this is what police are referring to when they say inconsistencies in his story

Exactly. I think he noticed their vehicle leave at 4 p.m.

He parked there to inspect the planned location of reporting her missing, IMO. He chose there to have lunch to scout the area, be seen, etc. then drove to a more secluded area, etc. then came back. That's what I think about this report.

Could be. But at least the diver shop owner's statement does confirm GG's story he and RG were snorkling on Baby Beach, something that has been doubted by RG's boyfriend and many people on this board.

It seems unlikely to me that GG would take RG to that place just "to be seen" but at a time very different than he claimed, kill her elsewhere and come back. That just does not make sense to me.

Of course, he could have taken her snorkling and then drowned her, but then he probably would have risked having scratches etc.

Could be. But at least the diver shop owner's statement does confirm GG's story he and RG were snorkling on Baby Beach, something that has been doubted by RG's boyfriend and many people on this board. It seems unlikely to me that GG would take RG to that place just "to be seen" but at a time very different than he claimed, kill her elsewhere and come back. That just does not make sense to me.

Of course, he could have taken her snorkling and then drowned her, but then he probably would have risked having scratches etc.

He said he saw the car and THOUGHT it was an unusual place to snorkel
I did not see where he said he saw them snorkelling
I may have missed that part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads