Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Up to the Minute

Notices

Up to the Minute Breaking news happening right now! (This is not for crime news. Please post breaking crime in the "Crimes in the News" forum).

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 AM

Cool Kids lose "bad mother" lawsuit.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/paren...?pg=7#comments

Kids lose "bad mother" lawsuit. Can't take mom to court over bad birthday cards.

Quote:
Did you know you can sue your parents for skimping out on your childhood birthday gifts? You can, but you'll probably lose. Two years after Steven and Kathryn Miner, both in their 20s, sued their mother, Kimberly Garrity, for bad parenting during their formative years, the case has been dismissed. The $500,000 lawsuit accused 55-year-old Garrity of causing her adult kids emotional distress.
Quote:
The Miners were raised in an affluent Chicago suburb which may account for some lack of understanding of normal privileges outside of their luxury bubble. But there's more to the story than just a couple of spoiled adult kids. One of the Miner siblings' three lawyers is their father, Garrity's ex-husband, also named Steven Miner. When the couple divorced in 1995, the kids moved in with their dad.
Birthday cards without checks?!?!?!? Oh the horror!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IWannaKnow For This Useful Post: