FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is getting lost in all the drama of the SWAT raid last night is that LE was able to obtain a search warrant at all.

LE can't just go to a judge and say, "Hey, we don't know what might be behind that closed door to that private residence but we sure would like to search it anyway just to see if it leads anywhere". It doesn't work that way. To obtain a search warrant LE has to establish there is probable cause to believe that evidence is inside the home for which they are requesting the search warrant. That is what is interesting here to me. What kind of probable cause did they present to the judge to secure the search warrant and what evidence did they anticipate they might find?

I wonder what info her family provided, if any, to warrant the search...there had to be a reason, not just the family's suspicions...

ITA! LE had to have their own info to do what they did & LE had to share it with the family=her mom making that comment bout "breaking down the door" which at that time was some 'unknown' place to us.

What is getting lost in all the drama of the SWAT raid last night is that LE was able to obtain a search warrant at all.

LE can't just go to a judge and say, "Hey, we don't know what might be behind that closed door to that private residence but we sure would like to seach it anyway just to see if it leads anywhere". It doesn't work that way. To obtain a search warrant LE has to establish there is probable cause to believe that evidence is inside the home that they for which they are requesting the search warrant." That is what is interesting here to me. What kind of probable cause did they present to the judge to secure the search warrant and what evidence did they anticipate they might find?

I agree, and wouldn't be surprised if they did find something. There certainly not going to tell us!!

Well, this is Florida...LE may not be able to keep as much quiet as has become "normal" in other cases...we can hope, anyway.

Looks like CFNews13 has a request in for the search warrant.

True_Thoughts Thoughts Of Truth
@jackiefell Can or will you get a copy of the search warrant served on Dale Sr's home on Monday?
7 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete
in reply to ↑

@jackiefell
JACQUELINE
@True_Thoughts already requested darling... Waiting for info

jackiefell JACQUELINE

http://twitter.com/#!/jackiefell

Well, just realized us being back in Florida for this case one things for sure we shan't be lacking info for long.. Ala the "sunshine laws" of Florida..

ETA: and yes I know that shan't is not a word in the Websters Dictionary:crazy:..lol

LE can't just go to a judge and say, "Hey, we don't know what might be behind that closed door to that private residence but we sure would like to search it anyway just to see if it leads anywhere". It doesn't work that way. To obtain a search warrant LE has to establish there is probable cause to believe that evidence is inside the home for which they are requesting the search warrant. That is what is interesting here to me. What kind of probable cause did they present to the judge to secure the search warrant and what evidence did they anticipate they might find?
BBM

Excellent point, beach! I highly doubt LE expected to find Michelle inside that house. Thankfully this is Florida and information should be forthcoming soon.

MOO

Looks like CFNews13 has a request in for the search warrant.

True_Thoughts Thoughts Of Truth
@jackiefell Can or will you get a copy of the search warrant served on Dale Sr's home on Monday?
7 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete
in reply to ↑

@jackiefell
JACQUELINE
@True_Thoughts already requested darling... Waiting for info

jackiefell JACQUELINE

http://twitter.com/#!/jackiefell

awww welcome to the world of FOIA (Freedom of Information Act), that's what I do, well did, until my workplace tested with toxic mold and now I just sit at home and WS.

I skipped about 20 pages (had to, my brain was getting all fuzzy LOL). But as I was reading, some questions stood out. Maybe they're irrelevant or have already been discussed. If so, I apologize in advance:

-Early on, I believe it was Sparky who brought up Michelle's FB page being set to private around 3 pm, on the day she disappeared. And IIRC, the brother mentioned that he didn't have the password. So do they know who accessed her account?

I'm just wondering, because I'd imagine she was driving around by that time (since her SUV was supposedly seen only 18 minutes later, heading toward DS's condo). I guess it's possible that she did it from her phone, if she was anticipating a negative backlash from her appearance on PC. But I would think it makes sense looking into what source was used to log-in and change the settings, so close to her last known sighting. You never know if someone with her password read something in her e-mail/page and became jealous or angry. MOO

-I know it was put out that the new boyfriend received a text from her around 3:15 pm. But wasn't it also stated that he did not know about the PC appearance initially, until a friend saw it and told him? Then MP called him to explain the details of it?

If his friend saw the footage when it aired at 2 pm, when exactly did this person tell the boyfriend, and when did MP call him about it? He said he didn't hear from her after that text. So was it the day before? Or between it's airing and the 3:15 text?

-Going off another poster, I also wonder if when MP got to DS's home, if he asked to be dropped off with the twins to his father's for whatever reason. Then an argument ensued, MP got hurt, and they had to cover things up? Could that be why senior DS's place was searched and not junior's?

-If this was a carjacking/abduction situation, as far as the decoy text goes, isn't it possible that MP was planning on going to, or perhaps had recently left the Waterford area, and it was easier for her to type that one word while driving, than try to explain exactly where she was on the highway? And maybe once she stopped her vehicle, that's when something happened to her?

-About the dinner plans and her not having a lot of time before work- could she have been planning to call out sick for the evening? Or maybe she decided she would stop by her new boyfriend's house to nap and get ready, to ensure she'd have enough time, and just referred to it as "home" in her conversation with her sister?

-Also, who was supposed to care for her 11 yr old during all of this? Was the grandmother supposed to get him at some point? His dad? Was he at home in Geneva?

I'm sure I missed some of these answers, but it's really hard to keep up with you all. :blushing: TIA

I skipped about 20 pages (had to, my brain was getting all fuzzy LOL). But as I was reading, some questions stood out. Maybe they're irrelevant or have already been discussed. If so, I apologize in advance:

-Early on, I believe it was Sparky who brought up Michelle's FB page being set to private around 3 pm, on the day she disappeared. And IIRC, the brother mentioned that he didn't have the password. So do they know who accessed her account?

I'm just wondering, because I'd imagine she was driving around by that time (since her SUV was supposedly seen only 18 minutes later, heading toward DS's condo). I guess it's possible that she did it from her phone, if she was anticipating a negative backlash from her appearance on PC. But I would think it makes sense looking into what source was used to log-in and change the settings, so close to her last known sighting. You never know if someone with her password read something in her e-mail/page and became jealous or angry. MOO

-I know it was put out that the new boyfriend received a text from her around 3:15 pm. But wasn't it also stated that he did not know about the PC appearance initially, until a friend saw it and told him? Then MP called him to explain the details of it?

If his friend saw the footage when it aired at 2 pm, when exactly did this person tell the boyfriend, and when did MP call him about it? He said he didn't hear from her after that text. So was it the day before? Or between it's airing and the 3:15 text?

-Going off another poster, I also wonder if when MP got to DS's home, if he asked to be dropped off with the twins to his father's for whatever reason. Then an argument ensued, MP got hurt, and they had to cover things up? Could that be why senior DS's place was searched and not junior's?

-If this was a carjacking/abduction situation, as far as the decoy text goes, isn't it possible that MP was planning on going to, or perhaps had recently left the Waterford area, and it was easier for her to type that one word while driving, than try to explain exactly where she was on the highway? And maybe once she stopped her vehicle, that's when something happened to her?

-About the dinner plans and her not having a lot of time before work- could she have been planning to call out sick for the evening? Or maybe she decided she would stop by her new boyfriend's house to nap and get ready, to ensure she'd have enough time, and just referred to it as "home" in her conversation with her sister?

-Also, who was supposed to care for her 11 yr old during all of this? Was the grandmother supposed to get him at some point? His dad? Was he at home in Geneva?

I'm sure I missed some of these answers, but it's really hard to keep up with you all. :blushing: TIA

They supposedly searched Jr the night of (?)

PC airs here at 10 am, repeats are at 11 am, so it could have been from someone out of state?

BBM

It is set to private, but her brother reported on the radio 104.4 here in Orlando that it had not been accessed since 3 pm, but that doesn't make since as I type this. Unless she accessed it from her iphone.

I'm surprised she didn't speak to her new boyfriend about her upcoming appearance on PC that day before it aired... Seems to me if his feelings meant anything to her she would have made a point to say something beforehand. Why wait until it airs and let him learn of it by way of a friend? That just sounds so wrong on so many different levels...

I'm surprised she didn't speak to her new boyfriend about her upcoming appearance on PC that day before it aired... Seems to me if his feelings meant anything to her she would have made a point to say something beforehand. Why wait until it airs and let him learn of it by way of a friend? That just sounds so wrong on so many different levels...

I agree and I do remember reading that. Do we know for sure the bf said he didn't know about the show?
Where did we hear that from?

Michelle's sister just posted on the facebook page that, "Any time police search a home that has a person with a concealed weapons permit, SWAT is called in. Its a saftey (sic) protocol.".

http://www.facebook.com/michelleparkermissingperson?sk=wall

I'd love to get more info on that. I need to do some research as it makes zero sense when concealed weapons holders have background checks run with FDLE and need to be squeaky clean to get a CWP. I'd think LE would be more concerned when they DON"T know if there is a gun in a home.

I have finished reading all the threads, boy it has sure slowed down, this afternoon though. There have been many questions about how they ruled out DS so quickly, now that appears to not be the case. I am so glad to see the police working so hard to find Michelle. There really are some great men and women that work for the OCSD. We have all seen other cases on WS where a person goes missing under suspicious circumstances and the local LE does very little. Not the case if you go missing in or around Orlando they seem to take their jobs very seriously. I am praying that as the deadline for the reward nears that someone calls in a tip that will lead to Michelle.

I agree and I do remember reading that. Do we know for sure the bf said he didn't know about the show?
Where did we hear that from?

It's mentioned here:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...earch-for-missing-Orlando-mom-Michelle-Parker

It says that he responded to her 3:15 pm text, and never heard back from her. And it mentions that she never told him about the PC situation, which was taped before they started dating. He found out from a friend, and MP called him "shortly after it aired" to explain everything.

It's mentioned here:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...earch-for-missing-Orlando-mom-Michelle-Parker

It says that he responded to her 3:15 pm text, and never heard back from her. And it mentions that she never told him about the PC situation, which was taped before they started dating. He found out from a friend, and MP called him "shortly after it aired" to explain everything.

Thank you! Just really need to keep things straight in my mind which has been known to go adrift since reaching the 1/2 century mark. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member