Kevin Sweat charged with 1ST DEGREE MURDER Taylor & Skyla

OH WOW! Finally a break for the girls! :praying:

I came by to let you guys know about a show Tricia is doing and then saw this! :thud:

Here's the message I was planning on posting before I saw the news in here:

TRICIA AND LEVI PAGE ARE ON FOX LIVE LA TONIGHT!!!!!!

Don't miss this show! Seriously!!!

:great::great::great:

9PM PACIFIC TIME!!

Here's the live link: http://media.myfoxla.com/live/2/

Oh me Oh my! Oh me Oh my! I never thought we would see this day!!!!

FINALLY! The wheels 0f justice have turned in favor or Taylor and Skyla!

Praise the Good Lord above!

I'll worry 'bout KS mental state later. Right now, I am rejoicing!

Thanks to JackAMW for sending in that tip and giving us the heads up a few months back!

wm

Thanks WM
Time line suggests that my report to OSBI may have lead them to Sweat, not as others have claimed to have done. I made the tip on August 21, 2011 and posted about it on Theories thread here early in the morning of August 22, 2011 according to this article, OSBI went out later in the day on August 22, 2011, this indicates my tip lead them there as they had already interviewed Sweat and had arrested him for killing his girlfriend. The Agent at OSBI that I gave info to did not know of Sweat and I informed them of who he was and evidence that pointed to him on the net

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/st...of-Weleetka-girls/jzD60Ca3P0-_bFYvGDCCmQ.cspx

I'm so far behind in what you guys were sleuthing. Was he a suspect already?

He was widely rumored to have become a suspect after allegedly admitting to killing his girlfriend a few months ago. Because he owned a Glock handgun he was investigated at the time of the Weleetka murders, but was not at that time considered to be a suspect. Intense investigation over the last several months resulted in charges today.

Christmas coming early?

It has been painful for our beautiful girls to be in "cold cases". This is wonderful news. God bless you Skyla & Taylor!

The great news is on the front page! I didn't put his name on there though because he disgusts me beyond words. :furious:

The Weleetka murders are what brought me to Websleuths..Since then I have spent countless hours looking at aerial maps and reading about the case. Finally the day is here that an arrest has been made... May justice be served for these two lovely little girls... How anyone could look into their beautiful sweet faces and kill them in cold blood is beyond my comprehension...

skyla-and-taylor.jpg

http://mylifeofcrime.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/skyla-and-taylor.jpg

He was widely rumored to have become a suspect after allegedly admitting to killing his girlfriend a few months ago. Because he owned a Glock handgun he was investigated at the time of the Weleetka murders, but was not at that time considered to be a suspect. Intense investigation over the last several months resulted in charges today.

From what I remember, her parents (the GF's parents) were adamant that he had something to do with Skyla and Taylor's deaths.

I'm bringing my own post over from the other thread - b/c this is huge for a lot of us who came to WS b/c of this case:

This is the case that brought me to WS. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face.

Finally may justice be served.

Justice! Sweet, sweet justice! Sometimes it may be slow in coming - too slow - but FINALLY! I am so happy to hear some good news on this Friday.

Have a good weekend everyone!

"Person of interest" sketch, released a short time after killings

Kevin Sweat, booking photo 2011

One wonders what damage was done in solving this case when the initial description and sketch of the person of interest - who strongly resembled a Native American male - was widely different from the appearance of the red-haired, light-complected man later charged with having committed the crimes.

So proud of my fellow Sleuthers. Even if the tip sent in by JackAMW wasn't THE tip, it goes to show how awesome we are here. We aren't here to just discuss, we're here to solve. In older cases, I've seen numerous cases "solved" due to persistent research and keeping an open mind.

Nice work JackAMW!

I have not posted but I have read about Shyla and Taylor, I am so happy they finally got the SOB! Shyla and Taylor can finally rest in peace.Crying happy tears! I bet he killed his girlfriend,so she wouldn't squeal!

Thank God!! I think this case was one of the most horrendous I've ever followed.
I can't imagine what those two angels thought when seeing THAT monster!
^i^

I too remember when this happened and often thought about these girls even though I didn't keep up with the thread. I am so glad this case has finally been solved.

I thought it was interesting in the Affidavit that the former owner of the Glock gun (Baltimore Police Dept) had kept an empty shell casing all these years. It was retrieved by the OSBI on Oct 5 of this year, tested and found to be linked to both the crime scene of the girls and the practice site on his father's property.
What a lucky find, but is that a normal procedure to keep one?

"Person of interest" sketch, released a short time after killings

Kevin Sweat, booking photo 2011

One wonders what damage was done in solving this case when the initial description and sketch of the person of interest - who strongly resembled a Native American male - was widely different from the appearance of the red-haired, light-complected man later charged with having committed the crimes.

All of THIS. When Sweat was being discussed, and we were looking at his social page, the disturbing, offsetting one, where his hair is long and he appears scruffy. He looked disturbing to me but when compared to the artist's sketch, not the same guy. I sort of wrote Sweat off or at least, let him sit on the back burner in my mind.

I was really thinking this day may never come! I will never lose faith again.

All of THIS. When Sweat was being discussed, and we were looking at his social page, the disturbing, offsetting one, where his hair is long and he appears scruffy. He looked disturbing to me but when compared to the artist's sketch, not the same guy. I sort of wrote Sweat off or at least, let him sit on the back burner in my mind.
That picture rankled me from the very beginning - I had a visceral reaction to it; psychologically, it set my teeth on edge.

It seemed to me another manifestation of the Oklahoma "blame the Indian" mentality. It's so convenient. It left me seething.

I'm not saying, at all, that, automatically, Native Americans are above suspicion. Every member of every race has the ability to choose to be good or bad - it's a large part of what makes us human, the ability we're given to make that choice, and not to act instinctually.

There was something about the release of that sketch that just was not right. Hundreds if not thousands of guys could fit that appearance around here. Plop a ball cap on someone's head, and - hey presto!, ever more dark-skinned, dark-haired men fit the description. Releasing that sketch was hugely unhelpful, and played to a stereotype.

I am hugely thankful to OSBI for making this arrest. But I wonder if Kevin Sweat's girlfriend, Ashley Taylor, had to die in order for this case to find its ultimate focus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back