FBI will dedicate up to six agents to help investigate the Kyron Horman disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK how skilled Terri is. But I can easily imagine that the computer expertise required for any of this real (or media-created) activity would be within Kaine's skills set.

Um...what exactly are you implying?

IDK how skilled Terri is. But I can easily imagine that the computer expertise required for any of this real (or media-created) activity would be within Kaine's skills set.

Kaine is not a suspect and had nothing to do with what happened to Kyron. We treat him as a victim here. What you're implying is that his skills sets make him a suspect, and that is not true. Who knows who Terri knew that could set this up for her. Just because Kaine is good with computers doesn't mean he would know how to do that anyway. My husband writes computer programs for a living, but I doubt he knows how to set up an encrypted chatroom. Let's not point the finger at Kaine because of his skill set. That is unfair to Kaine, and unfair to Kyron as well. Kaine has done nothing but fight to find out what happened to his son. Can't say the same at all for Terri.

The jump from my personal assessment of Terri's possible computer skills versus Kaine's forward to the conclusion that I implied Kaine was involved in Ky's disappearance was a leap made by readers here. I said nothing of the kind.

MCSO has given us very little info about the computer activities of either of the Horman's. I have looked into Kaine's a bit and I believe he has far superior skills to Terri.

If we pre-determine here who is the "victim" (other than Ky) and who is the victimizer, we miss an opportunity to be open to, and to explore, information. I do not believe everything I read, even in the mainstream media, especially when the reporting varies from one media outlet to another; when "unnamed sources" are referenced; and when the writing is so convoluted that one can't determine the reporter's conclusions from the supposed-quotes of the interviewees.

In short, I think a lot more objectivity would bring us all closer to the truth. To rule out anyone given the state of this investigation would be premature, IMHO.

Not that it matters what any spectators believe, but I don't find it helpful to designate sacred cows or make it off-limits to point out a simple fact about anyone. There's a time for emoting and a time for objective fact-finding. I've simply swung strongly to the latter position, fueled by my absolute fury at what someone(s) did to this child.

The jump from my personal assessment of Terri's possible computer skills versus Kaine's forward to the conclusion that I implied Kaine was involved in Ky's disappearance was a leap made by readers here. I said nothing of the kind.

MCSO has given us very little info about the computer activities of either of the Horman's. I have looked into Kaine's a bit and I believe he has far superior skills to Terri.

If we pre-determine here who is the "victim" (other than Ky) and who is the victimizer, we miss an opportunity to be open to, and to explore, information. I do not believe everything I read, even in the mainstream media, especially when the reporting varies from one media outlet to another; when "unnamed sources" are referenced; and when the writing is so convoluted that one can't determine the reporter's conclusions from the supposed-quotes of the interviewees.

In short, I think a lot more objectivity would bring us all closer to the truth. To rule out anyone given the state of this investigation would be premature, IMHO.

Not that it matters what any spectators believe, but I don't find it helpful to designate sacred cows or make it off-limits to point out a simple fact about anyone. There's a time for emoting and a time for objective fact-finding. I've simply swung strongly to the latter position, fueled by my absolute fury at what someone(s) did to this child.

But the MODS themselves have said we cannot treat Kaine or Desiree as anything but victims. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the mods. We are following mod discretion here. It is not up to us what we can talk about on this forum, it is up to the mods. That is how it is on WS, and Tricia herself did a post in the past making it very clear how Kaine and Desiree are to be treated on this forum.

Pinktoes, Respectfully, I think you forgot which forum you were on. :innocent:

Sorry, all. I haven't been here that long, therefore I missed the mods instructions designating victim-status.

Forgive, please. I understand now.

I think we need to just wait and see what LE thinks if he or anyone else is a suspect or not.Time will tell.

I think we need to just wait and see what LE thinks if he or anyone else is a suspect or not.Time will tell.

And just for good measure, I don't think anyone has been stated as ruled out or cleared by LE yet. If so I missed it. Heck they haven't named any POI's either except for giving TH emphasis with the public.

It certainly startled me.

When I read your post, my thought was "I wonder if KH remembers answering some technical sorts of questions about installing or using a new program on TMH's computer?"

I am nearly computer illiterate, so my husband (who is rather a whiz) patiently answers lots of such questions from me. He doesn't always know what I'm doing on the computer, nor does he have any particular care or concern for it. He just wants me to be able to enjoy what I'm doing on the computer.

What happens is that as I try something new and hit something I don't understand, I fiddle with it. If fiddling about blindly doesn't work, then I ask my husband. He usually doesn't need the details of the greater context to answer my questions. I think if KH and TMH operated this way, she could have installed whatever was necessary to encrypt any IM type activity without KH really realising that was what her goal was.

I wouldn't care if my husband went through my whole computer, I have nothing to hide. The reverse is also true: my husband wouldn't mind if I looked at anything on his computer but I just don't have that much interest.

The only thing I wouldn't want would be for my husband to change my background or icons. I have them all arranged just so and would be lost if they were moved!

Actually, we email links back and forth to each other when we're sitting less than six feet apart, each of us on our respective computers. It's kind of amusing, when I think about it.

Now as I think about it, I remember that there had been talk of divorce in the air between the Hormans, which Kaine said he thought was all worked out. But, some men in his position would have done a little electronic evidence collecting on their spouse during the rough patch. Don't jump on me--I don't know if Kaine did, but I believe he has the skills to have done so, had he wished. I have known of it to happen and, frankly, it's not a bad idea. In this case, I hope he did; it might help with Ky's case.

It seems to me that the Examiner.com article references FBI's tactics in regards to some other related case and mentions "dark nets" in a vague manner, out of context with Kyron's case. They go on further to refer to encrypted chat rooms, also without context. Examiner.com is an online media outlet that relies professional amateur contributors for content. It is a valuable service, but as all open media sites (e.g. Wikipedia or Gawker), they're subject to receiving carelessly written submissions.

Encrypted chat rooms are not at all difficult to set up. Many IM programs support it. Many IRC networks support it. If Terri wanted to encrypt her chats, she would not have to go far beyond a quick Google to learn how. WoW does not support encrypted chat, and private WoW servers are pretty easy to set up, although it is a criminal act of software piracy.

May I please ask have they found out anything and if any new searches for little Kyron are planned any time soon?

"One thing I can assure you, if this case stagnates and there's nothing more coming in, we'll have to take a different approach."

I wonder what Sheriff Staton meant by taking a different approach.

November is almost here, is the 6 months up for the FBI, and if so, I wonder if they will now try that different approach?

Is LE going to give an update of this investigation into little Kyron and what's going on? I feel they really need to now.What's going on?Is anyone hearing any thing?

Is LE going to give an update of this investigation into little Kyron and what's going on? I feel they really need to now.What's going on?Is anyone hearing any thing?

I agree. It's time for another press release, even if there's not much in it. Just keep his face out there. I really want to see justice. But sadly, I think this is as far as this case goes. Unless a hunter/hiker etc stumbles across Kyron's body somewhere down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23