GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

If thats true, she was resisting getting out, then she knew what was about to happen. She knew the only reason they w ould stop out there in the middle of the street was to kill her. That could make sense though. I had forgotten that it was Lovette that had the pistol, not Atwater.

Yep, You hit the nail on the head PrarieWind...that's what the SA said!

UHM This guy is not very convincing! I wonder if he believes what he is saying? doubtful!

They r blaming worm and mcneil. Mcneils testimoney matched the prosecutors theory. I thought he was good and believable. moo

PraireWind, He held his arms out with his hands in the shape of a gun and demonstrated what lovette had recounted. 4 bangs from top to bottom, IIRC. ( I always type IIRC because I am information overload:/)

Hear, hear!! You took the words out of my mouth, matilda!!

I was very impressed that 2nd Chair ADA Ransford 1) was given a chance to play a big part in the closing, and 2) that he did a gr-r-reat job of it. Patient, calm, letting his words sometimes just "hang there" while the jury pondered what he said, and using so many visuals. It is very true that one picture is worth 1,000 words -- he was just drilling in every piece of evidence, and backed it up with visuals. Grade A+ to the young attorney.

And then DA Woodall showed The Law as they will have to consider it with the evidence presented. They painted that cool-as-a-cucumber, cold, uncaring, greedy and heartless Lovette into a corner with evidence all around him, and he will be unable to get through it -- just like little Eve was that horrible night. She couldn't escape from the fences those two put around her, and now Mr. Lovette is also fenced-in. Serves him right.:furious:

How can a sensible person ignore the evidence and the law? All it will take is 12 people of average intelligence (no brainiacs needed in this one, folks) to just use reason and good sense, and they absolutely have to come to one conclusion -- guilty beyond any IMO doubt. Beyond reasonable doubt was arrived-at early on in this trial, I think. Just do it.

Bravo, Prosecutors, the people of the State of North Carolina thank and salute you.

That's what I think...
icon6.gif
.. :twocents:

Great post, borndem!!!:great:

Defense is doing the best they can with what they have to work with to create doubt. I cannot consider it 'reasonable' doubt, IMO.

I think he aimed at the laptop to scare her. Casing was found in car. i always wondered why they didnt take laptop and her new nike shoes? I guess they were only interested in the money and killing. moo :furious:

I, too, wondered especially about them not taking the laptop, but then I figured they got a bit panicked about things and they were also in a hurry to get more money, so they prolly just forgot about it. Cash is untraceable, items like a laptop or a phone are not... :waitasec:

I, too, wondered especially about them not taking the laptop, but then I figured they got a bit panicked about things and they were also in a hurry to get more money, so they prolly just forgot about it. Cash is untraceable, items like a laptop or a phone are not... :waitasec:

These two were certainly not criminal geniuses, but I think they may have realized that the laptop was something that could easily link them to the crime. So they just left it behind.

What kind of handgun did Lovette use and how many shots total did he fire?

The female defense atty is pulling a 'Baez' and using a chart on an easel.

She seems a smart lady tho.

Defense whittling away at witness testimony...trying to discredit Shanita Love

Did the defense just imply collusion between Justine (911 tipster) and shanita love?

asking about what DNA was not sent in......questioning Shanita Love's character.

Eve's IPOD was found in atwater's and love's GMC Jimmy. The Jimmy was the vehicle they were going to pick up from the shop when the .25 was disposed. (They were traveling in lovettes mom's car, IIRC)

Asking how Eve's ipod ended up in the Jimmy.

This defense atty is questioning all the witnesses testimony...now harping on Caroline Harper's testimony..the sorority girl...

Now comparing Mercedez' testimony to Caroline H's. Implying the state 'courted' witnesses (my opinion)

I'll tell ya. this lady is doing her job. and doing it well. no way lovette can claim insufficient counsel after he is convicted, imo.

Eve's IPOD was found in atwater's and love's GMC Jimmy. The Jimmy was the vehicle they were going to pick up from the shop when the .25 was disposed. (They were traveling in lovettes mom's car, IIRC)

Asking how Eve's ipod ended up in the Jimmy.

Did atwater take her ipod? Is that the only thing they took?

This defense atty is questioning all the witnesses testimony...now harping on Caroline Harper's testimony..the sorority girl...

Now comparing Mercedez' testimony to Caroline H's. Implying the state 'courted' witnesses (my opinion)

I'll tell ya. this lady is doing her job. and doing it well. no way lovette can claim insufficient counsel after he is convicted, imo.

Im glad! I dont want a appeal.

Did atwater take her ipod? Is that the only thing they took?

Not sure if it is the only thing they took. Moo but defense was implying that Sl took it.

Darn it. My live stream is cutting out so I am missing info here:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back