GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

No, it isnt unusual. I imagine his arraignment will be before 30-60 days after the indictment was rendered by the GJ. The DA has a certain amount of days before he has to decide if the case is going to be a death penalty case.

There are certain cases though that the DA will refuse a plea even if they want to plea for LWOP and this may be just one of those cases. It is one of the heinous I have heard about recently and all of this brutality happened to a minor child of 7 years old. All 13 charges against him shows this is a DP case, imo.

I have found that pedophile/murderers are the least likely to plea even though the evidence is overwhelming against them. Such as with Richard Allen Davis, Joesph Duncan, John Couey.

They tend to want to deny their evil deeds and never accept accountability even when the evidence shows they were gulity as the sins they committed.

If this does become a DP case it will not come to trial for about 3 years from now. The mass murder case in Brunswick, Georgia happened the first of September 2009 and will be going to trial sometime during the summer or fall of 2012.

IMO

What is consider a speedy trial by law?...How long to trial?

While I know it's the 'ultimate' punishment, in some cases I think the death penalty is too easy an out for the criminal, since we have to be all humane about it. Plus, once they're on death row, aren't they 'protected'? I want this animal in gen pop. For a looooooong time. With a tattoo on his forehead labeling him what he is. Prison justice. :rant:

ETA: And thank you for your informative answer, oceanblueeyes!

You're more than welcome, Magdalyn.

Well if you want to think being locked down in a cell 23 hours a day and a supervised hour out then I guess that could be called 'protection.' I prefer to call it 'isolation' which can be torture to a human being who is meant to have human contact.

While being put in general population can have risks to the inmate the truth is rarely are prisoners killed by other inmates. It use to be if an inmate was a child killer or a pedophile the other inmates would retaliate but tragically nowadays there are a lot of child rapists and murderers in prison and they are not harmed by other inmates.

Now it does happen from time to time but in comparison to the 2.5 million inmates we have in our penal system killings inside of prisons are rare. Rapes are also rare despite what some may believe.

Serial killers have more risk of being put in general population. Like Jeffrey Dahmar who asked to be placed there. The only pedophile that I can remember at the moment being killed while they were in prison was one of the Priests who was a pedophile. (Sorry cant think of his name now)

So I would rather see him on death row. First, because I think this case IS a death penalty case. Secondly, while the appeals take time Brunn will sit in that cell locked down 23 hours a day and he will know everyday that passes he is one day closer to paying for what he has done to a precious innocent little girl that deserved to live and grow up to have her own family one day.

IMO

I will have to look that up Hickory and I am from Georgia too and should know that.:blushing: It varies from state to state.

The speedy trial time starts after he is arraigned, I believe.

I am just guessing here but I think he is going to waive his right to a speedy trial.

Sitting in jail awaiting trial is far better than sitting in a state prison if he is convicted and imo, he will be.

IMO

Just read something on "Prove Ryan Brunn is Guilty" facebook page and it's kind of strange. It's a guy that said he lived across the hall from Ryan...

There's been more posted about Ryan's roomate & Ryan. DMAM is just yacking away, talking about the roomates with a few bits of info. Same fb as you listed cat thief.

We don't have a social site thread in the Parking Lot for Jorely. Not a lot out there but it seems there's a handful talking.

I am still looking for clearer information but I found this.

The Trial

If you do not admit guilt or if you fail to enter into a plea agreement with the prosecution, your case will continue on to trial. Under Georgia criminal law, the accused must make a speedy trial demand in order to have a speedy trial. Once this demand is made, the trial date will be set within two court terms.

Also, not to derail the thread, but I have a four year old, and I have no idea how to have this conversation with him. Like, about personal safety.

I grew up in the 80's, and it was all stranger danger, and stranger abductions are rare, so that doesn't seem helpful.

We're taking him to Disney next week, and he's been lost in a crowd once before, and despite talking to him about finding a mommy with kids, he just runs around and screams his little head off. How do I teach him to protect himself? I don't know where to start.

It doesn't help that I'm super overprotective. Like, helicopter-mom grade.

There are two programs here in GA that I have been working with the last couple of days to get some classes going for kids. RADKIDS and Revved Up Kids.

There is nothing wrong IMO with being a helicopter mom. At the end of the day, what will you regret more...being all up in your child's face, or having your child disappear? My husband thinks I am a freak, but whatever!!

Sorry, but i disagree. I do not feel there was any need for the graphic and sick details to be included in that article. It just adds to any sick and twisted fantasies harbored by other potential future perps, imo.

I agree with this too...but my thing was why say "inserted" instead of "sodomized"? To me, sodomized illicits more fear than "inserted". People reading that could disregard the suffering she went through because something was "simply" "inserted".

There's been more posted about Ryan's roomate & Ryan. DMAM is just yacking away, talking about the roomates with a few bits of info. Same fb as you listed cat thief.

We don't have a social site thread in the Parking Lot for Jorely. Not a lot out there but it seems there's a handful talking.

1. Who is DMAM?

2. What is the Parking Lot for Jorelys?

Well if you want to think being locked down in a cell 23 hours a day and a supervised hour out then I guess that could be called 'protection.' I prefer to call it 'isolation' which can be torture to a human being who is meant to have human contact.

While being put in general population can have risks to the inmate the truth is rarely are prisoners killed by other inmates. It use to be if an inmate was a child killer or a pedophile the other inmates would retaliate but tragically nowadays there are a lot of child rapists and murderers in prison and they are not harmed by other inmates.

Now it does happen from time to time but in comparison to the 2.5 million inmates we have in our penal system killings inside of prisons are rare. Rapes are also rare despite what some may believe.

Serial killers have more risk of being put in general population. Like Jeffrey Dahmar who asked to be placed there. The only pedophile that I can remember at the moment being killed while they were in prison was one of the Priests who was a pedophile. (Sorry cant think of his name now)

So I would rather see him on death row. First, because I think this case IS a death penalty case. Secondly, while the appeals take time Brunn will sit in that cell locked down 23 hours a day and he will know everyday that passes he is one day closer to paying for what he has done to a precious innocent little girl that deserved to live and grow up to have her own family one day.

IMO

I hear you and agree. I should say I intellectually agree. :crazy:

I'm sure 23 hours a day of isolation for years and years wouldn't be a cakewalk for him, in one of the early news articles, a person who used to be a friend of RBs hung out with him and said RB was weird and 'in his own head' a lot. So I don't think solitary would bother him as much as it would ... say .... Casey Anthony. But then again, he too (on Facebook) kept mentioning 'I'm bored...' over and over, so.... :waitasec:

And certainly it will frighten him and cause him stress to think on his own impending death. But I still doubt he'll ever know the same kind of terror and level of sustained pain that Jorelys did for the hour to hour and a half. The bad person in me wants that for him. :furious:

I'm just having very un-christian, un-politically correct 'an eye for an eye' thoughts right now.

He has earned himself the death penalty, I agree. And heartless as it sounds, and no matter the total cost for a death penalty case, I'd rather not think of my tax dollars paying his rent until he's 85 years old or more. :pullhair:

I'll :silenced: now, cause I'm sure I'm not making myself look like a very nice person!

I agree with this too...but my thing was why say "inserted" instead of "sodomized"? To me, sodomized illicits more fear than "inserted". People reading that could disregard the suffering she went through because something was "simply" "inserted".

Technically speaking, they may have not used the term sodomized because the legal definition of sodomy can refer to oral or anal penetration, iirc.

I hear you and agree. I should say I intellectually agree. :crazy:

I'm sure 23 hours a day of isolation for years and years wouldn't be a cakewalk for him, in one of the early news articles, a person who used to be a friend of RBs hung out with him and said RB was weird and 'in his own head' a lot. So I don't think solitary would bother him as much as it would ... say .... Casey Anthony. But then again, he too (on Facebook) kept mentioning 'I'm bored...' over and over, so.... :waitasec:

And certainly it will frighten him and cause him stress to think on his own impending death. But I still doubt he'll ever know the same kind of terror and level of sustained pain that Jorelys did for the hour to hour and a half. The bad person in me wants that for him. :furious:

I'm just having very un-christian, un-politically correct 'an eye for an eye' thoughts right now.

He has earned himself the death penalty, I agree. And heartless as it sounds, and no matter the total cost for a death penalty case, I'd rather not think of my tax dollars paying his rent until he's 85 years old or more. :pullhair:

I'll :silenced: now, cause I'm sure I'm not making myself look like a very nice person!

I feel your passion, anger and outrage. It is totally understandable in a case like this.

You think like my husband. He thinks Brunn should be subjected to everything he put Jorelys through before she died.:furious:

IMO

Attached link explains the legal definition of sodomy in the State of Georgia. Statue: 16.6.2
http://laws.vatavia.net/georgia.html#Sodomy

So she was sodomized. Something wasn't simply inserted. IMO, the act is being whitewashed by using that word. NONE of this should be whitewashed. In regards to this piece of ****, I have very not nice thoughts about him as well and I think he should be skinned with a rusty knife and dipped in salt.

So she was sodomized. Something wasn't simply inserted. IMO, the act is being whitewashed by using that word. NONE of this should be whitewashed. In regards to this piece of ****, I have very not nice thoughts about him as well and I think he should be skinned with a rusty knife and dipped in salt.

Not by the legal definition.

From Hickory's link above.

16-6-22.2. Aggravated sexual battery.

This law covers 'foreign objects."

BBM
Oh, isn't she ever? ..enough said, but it is amazing that she would want to brng her name and face into this in such a public way.

While being put in general population can have risks to the inmate the truth is rarely are prisoners killed by other inmates.
It happens all the time - many times reported as suicide or heat failure. Prisons depend on funding - a good report card means better funding.

It use to be if an inmate was a child killer or a pedophile the other inmates would retaliate but tragically nowadays there are a lot of child rapists and murderers in prison and they are not harmed by other inmates.
Pedophiles don't go to prison unless they collect child *advertiser censored* or commit a crime against a child. Then they become *advertiser censored* traffickers and child molesters. Child molesters are only harmed when they are put into regular population. In most cases, they are in a completely different area of the prison and are given drugs to control them. This keeps the very thing you are addressing down - murders of child sex offenders in prison.

Sex in prison between inmates is about release for most of the (male) prisoners who participate - and it is something they do NOT report or want to admit. In other words, the statistics would be greatly skewed. They did a prisoner survey about a year or so ago, and the numbers were adamantly disputed by the prison system :)

Killings, again, are not rare - and beatings are common place. I have a good friend who is a prison guard. In the past few years she was involved in two hostage situations of which, only one was publicized.

His name was Geoghan and he was a child rapist. He was in protective custody but a prisoner still got to him.

Murderers and rapists don't sit around and admonish themselves about the crimes they commit...they don't anguish over the victims - they adapt. Richard Speck killed 6 six (approx.), nurses in the 60's. He was given life in prison - look up the video of him and his hormone induced breasts, snorting cocaine off his boyfriend's knee. The only justice for a convicted RB is sure and swift death - no waiting around 13 years for this states appeal process. ALL IMO, of course.

IMO[/QUOTE]

IMHO, DMAM should shut-up. It is not her place to be giving all this info out to the public, potential jurors, or Brunn's defense attorney (which I feel for certain has someone reading that FB site).

After reading the sexual statues of Georgia,
http://laws.vatavia.net/georgia.html#Sodomy
I do think RB kept this fantasy to himself and did not email photos to others. If he had emails others the photos, he most likely would have been charged with
16-12-80. Distributing obscene materials; obscene material defined; penalty.

All this makes me wonder if GBI has checked the family computer in Dahlonega.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back