Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

pate_shykemmia6.jpg

This sweet little girl went missing under suspicious circumstances a couple of hours away from where the skull was located.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pate_shykemmia.html

(Just for the record, researching children's remains is really tough). :tears:

pate_shykemmia6.jpg

This sweet little girl went missing under suspicious circumstances a couple of hours away from where the skull was located.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pate_shykemmia.html

(Just for the record, researching children's remains is really tough). :tears:

What a beautiful child.....and what a tragedy that she is missing.

I spent many carefree years as a young child in Opelika.We lived there until I was about 7 or 8. Back in those years it was just like Mayberry, and it's hard to imagine anyone there murdering a child....but I know it happens everywhere.

These cases where children are murdered by their parents or caregivers are just the worst.

Another article about child's skull found in Opelika.

The partial skull of a 5- to 7-year-old child was found Saturday near a home at Brook Haven Trailer Park, Opelika, Ala., police said.
Authorites were called about 10:47 a.m. CST to an area in the 1700 block of Hurst Street after a resident found what was thought to be a human skull, police said.
“It does appear to be that of a 5- to 7-year-old child,” said Lee County Coroner Bill Harris. The sex and age of the child are unknown.
Police sealed off the area after arriving on the scene, but no other remains were located. Harris said the skull may have been brought to the area by a dog or other animals.
Officials have very few leads on the identity of the skull. “Right now we don’t have anything to go on other than we don’t even have a full skull,” Harris said. “It is a partial skull. We are missing the lower jawbone.”
To search for more remains, Harris said authorities will bring in cadaver dogs.
Police have no report of a missing child to look for clues in the identity. “We’ve got nobody missing,” the coroner said.
The investigation continues by the police department and the Lee County Coroner‘s Office. Police did not return phone calls seeking comment on the skull.
Anyone with information on the skull should call Opelika Police Department Investigative Services Division at 334-705-5220, Opelika Communications at 334-705-5263 or the Secret Witness Hotline at 334-745-8665.

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012...-skull-found.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I sent the tip into Opelika since the coroner said they have no leads at all. It's a 2 hour drive, across state lines, 14 years ago....

What a beautiful child.....and what a tragedy that she is missing.

I spent many carefree years as a young child in Opelika.We lived there until I was about 7 or 8. Back in those years it was just like Mayberry, and it's hard to imagine anyone there murdering a child....but I know it happens everywhere.

These cases where children are murdered by their parents or caregivers are just the worst.

this is the problem..when they convict someone of a crime like this if they dealt with them in the proper manner they could end this forever..i will explain when they find the one that killed this beautiful child they should soak him in chicken guts and drop him in the middle of the ocean..then hes got the same odds of survival as this poor child had..when it comes to a skum of the earth hurting children i have no heart and no ends at the awful things i could do to a slime like this...on TV hd every channel ..i couldnt change what happened here but i bet i could make it lite on the next scab that was thinking about hurting a chilD!!!:furious: PS i sold tomatoes to 2 grocery stores in opelika and the hosp. there..sure did look like a peaceful little town..i was there 2 days a week for years passing thru, auburn, weedowee west pt georgia chambers county

OPELIKA, AL (WTVM) - The remains of what authorities are calling a child of about 5 to 7 years in age were found in an Opelika trailer park.

"It was a little person's skull. It was little and had little hair on it," says Johnson "I'm not sure where I was standing, but it had teeth."

http://www.kltv.com/story/16629495/opelika-woman-finds-childs-skull-in-backyard

Looked on the missing forum, I didn't see anything....not much else I can find either.

OPELIKA, AL (WTVM) - The remains of what authorities are calling a child of about 5 to 7 years in age were found in an Opelika trailer park.

"It was a little person's skull. It was little and had little hair on it," says Johnson "I'm not sure where I was standing, but it had teeth."

http://www.kltv.com/story/16629495/opelika-woman-finds-childs-skull-in-backyard

Looked on the missing forum, I didn't see anything....not much else I can find either.

Oh my gosh.
I can not imagine finding a child's skull.

I hope they figure out who this is soon.

RIP little one.

I agree. More often than not, a murdered child is murdered by a parent/guardian, and frequently in these situations, the child is never reported missing.

Maybe LE can check with local schools and see if they can track down children around that age who left without a request to have their records forwarded.

I wonder if they mean more of the same remains or a different set?

I think they are trying (vaguely) to say that they are part of the same remains. Two paragraphs later they say "Authorities believe the remains are of a child between five and seven years old. Gender of the remains is not known, DeLong said." (which was previously reported when just the skull had been found). Bad reporting, or lack of information. JMHOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back