WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

A new trial date ... in a new town?
Wilson’s lawyer suggests a change of venue to come

Monday, June 6, 2011

~Snippets~
In a phone interview last week, Wilson’s incoming defense attorney John Henry Browne said he may seek to hold the first-degree murder trial somewhere other than Chelan County Superior Court, seeking an unbiased juror pool.

“I’m not sure this case will stay in Wenatchee,” Browne said from his Seattle office, “because it may be a case where pretrial publicity would allow a change of venue, which is very rare.”

Another preliminary hearing will be held Sept. 28.

Read full article:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/jun/06/a-new-trial-date-in-a-new-town-wilsons-lawyer/

In the picture at the above link, CW is sporting a new haircut. Not very sporty, however. I guess decent hairdressers are hard to come by in jail. :rolleyes:

If anyone goes to the link above, feel free to post any additional pertinent snippets; as long as you stay within the 10% copyright rule.

Can someone explain to me why high profile cases take SO LONG to get to trial? I mean I know that it is usually the defense team being a pain in the bum, but isn't there a law against long incarcerations without trial? I know there is and the defense gets away with it because they aren't ignoring the trial, just being a pain about every thing. But what is the point in doing this? It will be two years since he killed her. Ridiculous.

Can someone explain to me why high profile cases take SO LONG to get to trial? I mean I know that it is usually the defense team being a pain in the bum, but isn't there a law against long incarcerations without trial? I know there is and the defense gets away with it because they aren't ignoring the trial, just being a pain about every thing. But what is the point in doing this? It will be two years since he killed her. Ridiculous.

You have the right to a speedy trial, but you can waive it. In fact, that is one of the first things they decide after you get to court. Most defendants waive their right, since it gives their lawyers more time to prepare.

I have been going back through the news articles and the time line posted by the Wenatchee World newspaper but can't find an answer to this question- when Mac left the Hair Academy at 3:23 per the parking lot video footage, was she just leaving for a break or was she done for the day? If it was only a break and she was expected to return in a certain amount of time when she did not come back did the Academy try to reach her on her cell phone? My understanding is that she was a good student, never late, etc...Another thought that has me wondering now that I have re-read so many articles is this- The neighbor above the house where Mac was found only noticed the tire marks on the other property the morning of the day that Mac was found. IF those tire marks are associated with this case, and she was placed at that location the night of the 12th or early morning of the 13th (the day she was found) where was she between the 9th and then?? Thanks

Mackenzie stated she would be back in 15 minutes. She stated this to a couple students. Here is a facebook page for Mackenzie. Feel free to show your support and LIKE the page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Mackenzie-Cowell/160290107378307

Lawyer: Two inmates may have admitted involvement in Mackenzie Cowell’s murder
Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WENATCHEE — Christopher Scott Wilson’s attorney sought evidence that two unknown jail inmates might have disclosed involvement in the murder of Mackenzie Cowell.

John Henry Browne, defending Wilson against a charge that he killed the 17-year-old Wenatchee High School student in February 2010, filed a motion Wednesday in Chelan County Superior Court seeking the name of a former jail inmate. That inmate apparently gave police the names of two other prisoners and said they spoke of being involved in Cowell’s death, Browne said.

More at link:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/oct/19/lawyer-two-inmates-may-have-admitted-involvement/

John Henry Browne, defending Wilson , a Seattle lawyer who’s handled clients including serial killer Ted Bundy, “Barefoot Bandit” Colton Harris-Moore and wealthy child molester Weldon Marc Gilbert.
BTW see this article as an aside. Wilson is one of 26 inmates suing the Chelan jail for not allowing certain types of "mail" which the jail has deemed contraband materials. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/oct/19/inmate-magazine-sues-chelan-county-jail/

Tomorrow will mark 2 years since Mackenzie went missing prior to her body being found. Please remember to say a prayer for her and her family.

Looks like alot of us have been thinking of Mac latley.

Justice for Mackenzie.

:please:

h2Oskiier - - you beat me to posting the new article! Way to be on top of it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back