GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

New trial dates set for Channon Christian Chris Newsom defendants in Knoxville

The special judge handling the retrials of the defendants in connection with the January 2007 murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom murders says he'd like to have all the cases completed by the end of the year.

On Thursday, Judge Jon Kerry Blackwood set out the court dates for all four suspects:

Lemaricus Davidson: June 11
Letalvis Cobbins: August 27
George Thomas: October 22
Vanessa Coleman: November 12

Much more at link:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/20...hristian-Chris-Newsom-defendants-in-Knoxville

I haven't followed this case lately. Please tell me the families don't have to go through another set of trials ?!?!?!?! They don't deserve that and neither to Channon and Chris. The guilty ones need to just rot in jail and quit wasting taxpayers money and causing needless grief to the victims families. Or am I just reading this wrong and it's appeals?

In all reality the interests of justice would best be served by trying them all together. That way all of their statements, in which they all blame each other, coudl be assessed by the jury in context. But of course the case law allows the defendants to demand seperate trials. This allows the 4 seperate juries to see each case thru a straw and arrive at inconsistant verdicts based upon incomplete facts. Then defense attorneys will complaint about how juries reach inconsistant verdicts as arguement to reduce each defendant's sentence. Insanity.

I haven't followed this case lately. Please tell me the families don't have to go through another set of trials ?!?!?!?! They don't deserve that and neither to Channon and Chris. The guilty ones need to just rot in jail and quit wasting taxpayers money and causing needless grief to the victims families. Or am I just reading this wrong and it's appeals?

Afraid so, they have to sit through 4 trials beginning June 11 and ending November 12.

In all reality the interests of justice would best be served by trying them all together. That way all of their statements, in which they all blame each other, coudl be assessed by the jury in context. But of course the case law allows the defendants to demand seperate trials. This allows the 4 seperate juries to see each case thru a straw and arrive at inconsistant verdicts based upon incomplete facts. Then defense attorneys will complaint about how juries reach inconsistant verdicts as arguement to reduce each defendant's sentence. Insanity.

So IF one or more juries find them "not guilty" does that mean they have to let them go? IMO, anything can happen...... people were SO one thousand percent sure Casey would be found guilty.

I hope they get harsher sentences this time! Especially Vanessa Coleman. Evil witch!!!

I hope they get harsher sentences this time! Especially Vanessa Coleman. Evil witch!!!

unfortunately, they can't. Davidson is the only one who can get the DP because that is what they jury gave him.

same goes for the other 3, they can only get what the original juries gave them, or they could give them less.

This is a hate crime because the "Knoxville 4" hate people.

Anyone else see the Investigation Discovery show Sins & Secrets detailing these crimes? It aired this past Saturday, Jan 14. I felt so sorry for Channon's dad as I watched him in the courtroom rocking back in an effort to calm himself down. He looked like he would explode when the defense said his daughter was there on her own accord and traded sexual favors for drugs. So sad.

unfortunately, they can't. Davidson is the only one who can get the DP because that is what they jury gave him.

same goes for the other 3, they can only get what the original juries gave them, or they could give them less.

This is a hate crime because the "Knoxville 4" hate people.

Wait a minute so if the jury wants
To give them a harsher sentence they can't? Because the Coleman jury frigging got it wrong!!!

All the scumbags who killed Chris Newsom and Channon Christian deserve the worst spot in Hell along with 9/11 Terrorists and Adolf Hitler. :furious:

... And alongside last but not least the monster Josh Powell :furious: imo absolutely NOTHING LESS than the hottest, most torturous pits of Satan's hell do these sub-human creations deserve.. Anything less is unacceptable punishment for the transgression by which they took an active, deliberate role in bestowing upon innocent defenseless victims.. With zero empathy, remorse, nor even the slightest ounce of mercy, but rather took great and perverse Joy in the pain and terror that was completely all consuming of their victims as they begged for mercy til the very bitter end.. Even after all the abuse, the sadistic perversions theyd endured.. I havent a doubt that what was at the very core, the very soul of both Channon and Christopher were the fight to live, to survive, and to overcome...

Those beautiful faces will haunt these monsters as they endure an everlasting and eternal fate of such horrific proportions at the hands of Satan himself in those hottest, flesh burning, deepest pits of hell as the precious souls of those with who they took such enjoyment in their torture and pain.. Those precious souls prevail, alive and thriving for eternity, with nothing but peace, joy, and happiness beyond what our human minds can comprehend..

Imo it is only at this time when these fates come to pass for both the good and the evil and each of their eternity.. Only then will justice truly be served.. As for whats left of these monsters earthly lives.. Well whatever fate that awaits tbem while here on earth, its my own personal opinion that nothing would be too harsh for them to endure.. But again the true debt they now owe for their transgressions is far worse than what they could ever have inflicted upon their innocent victims.. Their fate is sealed and I take solace in knowing that they will be shown the exact mercy they each chose to bestow upon Channon and upon Christopher... The Golden rule.. Do unto others as you would have done unto you.. Poetic Justice..

This case is for me, personally one of those that effects you in ways youd never have imagined.. That stays with you, and in many ways that you wish it hadnt.. A tragedy thats events are of such a horrific nature that the thoughts and images of Chris and even more so of Channon are emblazened upon my mind and my heart..

Living here in Tennessee I can attest that this case never even began to get the attention that it so well deserves and fact is I had never heard so much as a single news blip one about it or more importantly about its victims, Channon and Christopher... It IS ONLY BECAUSE OF ONE OF MY FELLOW WEBSLEUTHERS WAS STEADFAST IN KEEPING THEIR PHOTO AND LINK TO THEIR CASE IN THEIR SIGGY(so long ago that forgive me for not recalling the members name.. Thank u for caring about these two&thus allowing me to have the opportunity to come to know them as well) IT IS ONLY BECAUSE OF MY FELLOW POSTER THAT I CAME TO KNOW OF THIS CASE AND INSTANTLY WAS CONSUMED IN KNOWING EVERY HORRIFIC DETAIL OF THESE TWO PRECIOUS SOULS..HOW THEIR EARTHLY LIVES WERE ABUSIVELY ROBBED AND STRIPPED OF THEM IN A MOMENTS TIME.. THOSE MOMENTS AND WHAT WAS INFLICTED ON THOSE PRECIOUS SOULS IN THOSE MOMENTS WERE A LIFETIMES WORTH OF HELL UNLEASHED WITH SUCH BRUTALITY THAT IT SUCKS THE BREATH FROM MY LUNGS AND LEAVES AN ENTIRE MULTITUDE OF INNOCENT LIVES FOREVER CHANGED AND ALTERED, FOREVER STOLEN FROM THEIR LOVED ONES ARMS AND LIVES AND LEFT TO KNOW THOSE LAST VICIOUS AND AGONIZING MOMENTS OF THEIR LOVED ONES LIFE ARE FOREVER NOW EMBLAZENED ON THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS..

Yes, the monsters will finally meet their fate and be amongst the creme de la creme of the most evil..what ive deemed the "elite" pieces of chit imo.. Together for all eternity in the hottest and most torturous pits of HELL!

... And alongside last but not least the monster Josh Powell :furious: imo absolutely NOTHING LESS than the hottest, most torturous pits of Satan's hell do these sub-human creations deserve.. Anything less is unacceptable punishment for the transgression by which they took an active, deliberate role in bestowing upon innocent defenseless victims.. With zero empathy, remorse, nor even the slightest ounce of mercy, but rather took great and perverse Joy in the pain and terror that was completely all consuming of their victims as they begged for mercy til the very bitter end.. Even after all the abuse, the sadistic perversions theyd endured.. I havent a doubt that what was at the very core, the very soul of both Channon and Christopher were the fight to live, to survive, and to overcome...

Those beautiful faces will haunt these monsters as they endure an everlasting and eternal fate of such horrific proportions at the hands of Satan himself in those hottest, flesh burning, deepest pits of hell as the precious souls of those with who they took such enjoyment in their torture and pain.. Those precious souls prevail, alive and thriving for eternity, with nothing but peace, joy, and happiness beyond what our human minds can comprehend..

Imo it is only at this time when these fates come to pass for both the good and the evil and each of their eternity.. Only then will justice truly be served.. As for whats left of these monsters earthly lives.. Well whatever fate that awaits tbem while here on earth, its my own personal opinion that nothing would be too harsh for them to endure.. But again the true debt they now owe for their transgressions is far worse than what they could ever have inflicted upon their innocent victims.. Their fate is sealed and I take solace in knowing that they will be shown the exact mercy they each chose to bestow upon Channon and upon Christopher... The Golden rule.. Do unto others as you would have done unto you.. Poetic Justice..

This case is for me, personally one of those that effects you in ways youd never have imagined.. That stays with you, and in many ways that you wish it hadnt.. A tragedy thats events are of such a horrific nature that the thoughts and images of Chris and even more so of Channon are emblazened upon my mind and my heart..

Living here in Tennessee I can attest that this case never even began to get the attention that it so well deserves and fact is I had never heard so much as a single news blip one about it or more importantly about its victims, Channon and Christopher... It IS ONLY BECAUSE OF ONE OF MY FELLOW WEBSLEUTHERS WAS STEADFAST IN KEEPING THEIR PHOTO AND LINK TO THEIR CASE IN THEIR SIGGY(so long ago that forgive me for not recalling the members name.. Thank u for caring about these two&thus allowing me to have the opportunity to come to know them as well) IT IS ONLY BECAUSE OF MY FELLOW POSTER THAT I CAME TO KNOW OF THIS CASE AND INSTANTLY WAS CONSUMED IN KNOWING EVERY HORRIFIC DETAIL OF THESE TWO PRECIOUS SOULS..HOW THEIR EARTHLY LIVES WERE ABUSIVELY ROBBED AND STRIPPED OF THEM IN A MOMENTS TIME.. THOSE MOMENTS AND WHAT WAS INFLICTED ON THOSE PRECIOUS SOULS IN THOSE MOMENTS WERE A LIFETIMES WORTH OF HELL UNLEASHED WITH SUCH BRUTALITY THAT IT SUCKS THE BREATH FROM MY LUNGS AND LEAVES AN ENTIRE MULTITUDE OF INNOCENT LIVES FOREVER CHANGED AND ALTERED, FOREVER STOLEN FROM THEIR LOVED ONES ARMS AND LIVES AND LEFT TO KNOW THOSE LAST VICIOUS AND AGONIZING MOMENTS OF THEIR LOVED ONES LIFE ARE FOREVER NOW EMBLAZENED ON THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS..

Yes, the monsters will finally meet their fate and be amongst the creme de la creme of the most evil..what ive deemed the "elite" pieces of chit imo.. Together for all eternity in the hottest and most torturous pits of HELL!

Josh Powell is scum like Lamaricus Davidson, Letalvis Cobbins, George Thomas, Vanessa Coleman, and Eric Boyd, Antoinette Davis and Mario McNeill, Seung-Hui Cho, or Osama bin Laden. Gees, what is with scum like them. He makes good company with Osama bin Laden and 9/11 Terrorists and Hitler. Evil makes a good company with other evil regardless if they kill 2, 3,000 (many more due to toxic dust and smoke exposure), or 20,000,000.

I hope both Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery & 20/20 are at the trial of Davidson The "Ring Leader".

I also hope someone writes a really good true crime book about this horrible horrible horrible case.

This is the worst of the worst, Hopefully the second go round will bring this case the much needed attention it didn't get in the first place.

This just breaks my heart. What an injustice for these two kids :maddening:

Check out the comment section, too.

It's official.

Death is no longer a possible fate for three of four defendants in the January 20007 torture slayings of a Knox County couple.

Assistant District Attorney General Leland Price has filed notice of an intention to seek the death penalty as punishment in the deaths of Channon Christian, 21, and boyfriend Christopher Newsom, 23, only against alleged ringleader Lemaricus Davidson.

much more at link.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/mar/09/da-death-penalty-out-in-all-but-one-of-four/

I hope both Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery & 20/20 are at the trial of Davidson The "Ring Leader".

I also hope someone writes a really good true crime book about this horrible horrible horrible case.

This is the worst of the worst, Hopefully the second go round will bring this case the much needed attention it didn't get in the first place.

Knoxville News-Sentinel reporter Jamie Satterfield has said she intends to write a book on the case when the trials are over.

David In TN

Knoxville News-Sentinel reporter Jamie Satterfield has said she intends to write a book on the case when the trials are over.

David In TN

That is a book I would be interested in reading. She attended and reported on all the trials didn't she? I remember her tweets.

Does anyone know when the new trials are going to take place? I feel so bad for the families and friends of Shannon and Christopher, that they are going to have to sit through new trials. Those poor families, it makes me so angry and so sad.

state has also requested that the decision to retry Cobbins, Thomas and Davidson be thrown out, and for the charges to stand, Coleman will be retried - and as she was not convicted of any of the charges relating to Chris her atty wants all mention of Chris to be kept out of her retrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back