Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Michelle Young

Notices

Michelle Young Michelle Young, 29 and pregnant was murdered in her North Carolina home. Who killed Michelle?


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:24 AM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
Exclamation GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

Deliberations started last Friday at 1016 am. Today they continue.

http://www.wral.com/
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8323913 (abc11 link)

eta: this link has a twitter update right on the complete coverage page: http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...oung_trial_226

http://gothamist.com/attachments/got..._05_donuts.jpg
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=donut...:429,r:23,s:55
__________________
This bee my opinion

Last edited by Tricia; 03-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 AM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
Arrow Rule Reminder

Rule Reminder as we head to Verdict
Good morning everybody! I'm sure everyone is eagerly waiting for the defense to rest today and the jury to be sent out.

I want to remind everyone of a few basic rules:

First - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Cheerleading for EITHER side is not a TOS violation, BUT being snarky and disrespectful about that opinion IS.

Second - if a post offends you, ALERT it. Remember, if you respond, it is on you and you may find yourself suffering the consequences for it.

Third - we are moving toward a zero tolerance policy. That means if you are snarky and rude, you may find yourself on TO.

Fourth - the mods will NOT be taking the time to send you pm's and hash it out. You will just see that you can no longer post.

Snarkyness will include avatars and siggy lines that are being used to convey messages you know you can't outright post.

Please keep in mind that ONE side, and only ONE side is going to win here, unless we end up in another stalemate. Whatever the outcome, we will have to deal with it, whether we think it is good or bad. So please keep in mind, that means one side is going to lose. Be a good sport. Don't gloat if you are on the winning side and don't pout and be mean if you are on the losing side. Brace yourselves now in case things don't go the way you want them to.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod - DO NOT post them in the thread. Remember all the TOS and rules, please.

Thank you,

Salem
__________________
This bee my opinion
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Just the Fax's Avatar
Just the Fax Just the Fax is offline
Justice For The Fisher's
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,852
Quote:#1031
Originally Posted by LOMom
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...164669&page=42

You have the size 12 hush puppies at the murder scene. That along with motive, means, and opportunity and JY is a guilty man.

How does anybody so easily disregard the hush puppy shoes??? That is very compelling evidence - it's almost as good as a finger print. You're seriously going to believe that a stanger random killer changed shoes (from the Franklins to the hush puppies) into a pair that weren't his size so that we woudn't leave a blood trail, but you can't believe that the man with all the motive wore shoes (Franklins) that weren't his size in order to throw off LE??? On this board just today, we already mentioned two other cases in which the killer tried to throw off LE by having the wrong size shoe show up in the crime scene - it happens, so why can't you believe it happened in this case?? It's not a leap to believe that it happened.

Shame on people throwing out Gracie's testimony based on the DT's attack of her on the stand. She clearly remembers the face of the man who cussed at her and threw a 20 in her face, but only pumped $15 in gas on the morning of 11/3 at about 5:30am.



===============================================



Yea, we are not talking about a size 12 Nike, were there are a gazillion made. We are talking about a very rare Hushy Puppy Orbital. The entire brand is rare, so using the argument it could have been a Sealy or Belville falls flat.

Gracie did not seek out LE by inserting herself in a murder case.
The defense desperately needed to paint her as some brain damaged imbecile because she held the final nail to his coffin.
People with brain defects aren't trusted to run a store with that much cash and assets, especially alone for 8 hours.
I found her genuine, humble and very believable.
  #4  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Berry's Avatar
Berry Berry is offline
Gotch ya
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
Quote:#1031
Originally Posted by LOMom
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...164669&page=42

You have the size 12 hush puppies at the murder scene. That along with motive, means, and opportunity and JY is a guilty man.

How does anybody so easily disregard the hush puppy shoes??? That is very compelling evidence - it's almost as good as a finger print. You're seriously going to believe that a stanger random killer changed shoes (from the Franklins to the hush puppies) into a pair that weren't his size so that we woudn't leave a blood trail, but you can't believe that the man with all the motive wore shoes (Franklins) that weren't his size in order to throw off LE??? On this board just today, we already mentioned two other cases in which the killer tried to throw off LE by having the wrong size shoe show up in the crime scene - it happens, so why can't you believe it happened in this case?? It's not a leap to believe that it happened.

Shame on people throwing out Gracie's testimony based on the DT's attack of her on the stand. She clearly remembers the face of the man who cussed at her and threw a 20 in her face, but only pumped $15 in gas on the morning of 11/3 at about 5:30am.



===============================================



Yea, we are not talking about a size 12 Nike, were there are a gazillion made. We are talking about a very rare Hushy Puppy Orbital. The entire brand is rare, so using the argument it could have been a Sealy or Belville falls flat.

Gracie did not seek out LE by inserting herself in a murder case.
The defense desperately needed to paint her as some brain damaged imbecile because she held the final nail to his coffin.
People with brain defects aren't trusted to run a store with that much cash and assets, especially alone for 8 hours.
I found her genuine, humble and very believable.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Berry For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM
~n/t~'s Avatar
~n/t~ ~n/t~ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,129
Good Morning!


Hoping for a verdict today! I'll be jumping back and forth from this forum to Tori's forum. Her accused killer's trial begins today.

Praying both Michelle and Victoria get justice.
__________________
Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Last edited by ~n/t~; 03-05-2012 at 10:42 AM.
  #6  
Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM
oceanblueeyes's Avatar
oceanblueeyes oceanblueeyes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
Posts: 16,074
Good morning Everyone!

I am praying that justice will be rendered this time.

God bless Michelle and all of her family.

May they remain strong. I know the waiting must be excruciating.
__________________
"Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina
  #7  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Bottle Cap Bottle Cap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 554
There seems to be a baffling assumption in some quarters that to wear the wrong sized shoes to a crime would require a brilliant criminal mastermind of the sort that North Carolina has never seen. I don't get it. It's a pretty basic thing to consider - footprints - sort of along the same lines as wearing gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints. (Or sending a card on your anniversary to cover up the reality of your nefarious activities.)

Another take on this I don't get is the insurance money. Some folks say it can't be a motive because look, he didn't even go after it, and you can't get it anyway if you're a suspect. That's 100% hindsight.

People seem to kill for insurance money with alarming frequency. I cannot imagine not even one of them sitting around going "Hey self, lets take this policy out even though I'm gonna get busted and be on trial!" Nuh uh. People do it because they think they're going to pull it off. JY thought Hillsville and 169 miles was going to give him some sort of immunity, and that the good old LE guys were going to bumble round in circles bumping into each other, trying to find a guy wearing size 10 Franklins.
  #8  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Madeleine74's Avatar
Madeleine74 Madeleine74 is offline
From The Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
{snip for space}
and that the good old LE guys were going to bumble round in circles bumping into each other, trying to find a guy wearing size 10 Franklins.
Alas that has mostly only happened on the Internetweb by susceptible followers. JY: 1 Susceptibles: 0
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Bottle Cap Bottle Cap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
Alas that has mostly only happened on the Internetweb by susceptible followers. JY: 1 Susceptibles: 0
One thing about the malignant-narcissist sociopath is they invariably believe themselves smarter than everyone else. It is an unfortunate truth that they are frequently smarter than many people. Its what makes them successful criminals, CEO's, politicians.

I'd be willing to bet one of my cats that BC in prison over yonder is eating up all the support he's getting from the susceptibles. Successful manipulation, whether its done just to your wife or to the multitudes, is crack for these peeps because it reinforces their innate sense of superiority.
  #10  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Tipstaff Tipstaff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
One thing about the malignant-narcissist sociopath is they invariably believe themselves smarter than everyone else. It is an unfortunate truth that they are frequently smarter than many people. Its what makes them successful criminals, CEO's, politicians.

I'd be willing to bet one of my cats that BC in prison over yonder is eating up all the support he's getting from the susceptibles. Successful manipulation, whether its done just to your wife or to the multitudes, is crack for these peeps because it reinforces their innate sense of superiority.
To your point that is why JY had such a reaction to Gracie she challenged him and he reacted - who was a gas station attendant to challenge him - and perhaps screw up what JY thought he had accomplished - the perfect murder.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 AM
iucpa iucpa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 198
So how will we know when a verdict is in? Is there a particular twitter account everyone is following?

Has the wral camera been on at all during the deliberations? Does it stay on, does it pop up now and then?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iucpa For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:43 AM
tarheel8600's Avatar
tarheel8600 tarheel8600 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 216
Just a thought.

Do any of you think that it impacts the jury at all (even if it's not supposed to) that JY had very few supporters in the courtroom?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tarheel8600 For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
So how will we know when a verdict is in? Is there a particular twitter account everyone is following?

Has the wral camera been on at all during the deliberations? Does it stay on, does it pop up now and then?
not sure...

wral doesn't even have it listed on their live line up...

here is a link for abc11:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8323913

(nothing currently on but iirc someone said that they break in if there is news?)
__________________
This bee my opinion
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
~n/t~'s Avatar
~n/t~ ~n/t~ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel8600 View Post
Just a thought.

Do any of you think that it impacts the jury at all (even if it's not supposed to) that JY had very few supporters in the courtroom?
Hope not. Someone's fate can't be impacted by how many supporters the accused has. SP's parents were there every single day and he still got the DP.

Their focus should be on the evidence, imo

With that said, I know jurors in other trials did take the defendant's lack of emotion into consideration when rendering a verdict.
__________________
Justice for Holly Bobo🎀
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Tipstaff Tipstaff is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel8600 View Post
Just a thought.

Do any of you think that it impacts the jury at all (even if it's not supposed to) that JY had very few supporters in the courtroom?
Possibly but perhaps the jury will balance this by looking at just how few people, other than PY and JY's sister, had very little positive to say about JY.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 AM
tarheel8600's Avatar
tarheel8600 tarheel8600 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
Hope not. Someone's fate can't be impacted by how many supporters the accused has. SP's parents were there every single day and he still got the DP.

Their focus should be on the evidence, imo

With that said, I know jurors in other trials did take the defendant's lack of emotion into consideration when rendering a verdict.
Speaking of SP, there was very limited evidence in that case. Just circumstantial. Why do you think the jury in that case had no trouble finding him guilty and giving him the DP?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tarheel8600 For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 AM
iucpa iucpa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
not sure...

wral doesn't even have it listed on their live line up...

here is a link for abc11:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8323913

(nothing currently on but iirc someone said that they break in if there is news?)
Do they at least put the video up when they start for the day? Is that 9:30 again this AM?
The Following User Says Thank You to iucpa For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
iucpa iucpa is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 198
I'm thinking there's a 75% chance of another hung jury and a 25% chance of guilty. Anyone else want to hazard a guess? Not what you think, but what you think the jury will come back with.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iucpa For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:00 AM
tarheel8600's Avatar
tarheel8600 tarheel8600 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
Possibly but perhaps the jury will balance this by looking at just how few people, other than PY and JY's sister, had very little positive to say about JY.
I agree. The two non-family members who knew him and testified for the defense said he was a manipulator and a horndog. When Ambrose came out with the description of JY as a manipulator, I bet the DT and JY were thinking, "We are screwed."
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tarheel8600 For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 AM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
InSession facebook (they are on verdict watch):
https://www.facebook.com/InSession/p...ent_id=6595847
__________________
This bee my opinion
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Talina Talina is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel8600 View Post
Speaking of SP, there was very limited evidence in that case. Just circumstantial. Why do you think the jury in that case had no trouble finding him guilty and giving him the DP?
They took the time to really deliberate and look at all the evidence to piece the puzzle together.


IMO
__________________
Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 AM
tarheel8600's Avatar
tarheel8600 tarheel8600 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
I'm thinking there's a 75% chance of another hung jury and a 25% chance of guilty. Anyone else want to hazard a guess? Not what you think, but what you think the jury will come back with.
I'll step on out there with 70% chance of guilty and 30% chance of a hung jury. I think there is 0% chance of acquittal.

Let's see if I have to eat my words.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tarheel8600 For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 AM
tarheel8600's Avatar
tarheel8600 tarheel8600 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talina View Post
They took the time to really deliberate and look at all the evidence to piece the puzzle together.


IMO
I agree. Who else would have wanted Laci dead?
That case reminds me of this case so much.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tarheel8600 For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Skittles Skittles is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
Do they at least put the video up when they start for the day? Is that 9:30 again this AM?
ABC11 (WTVD) usually broadcasts the courtroom events (start of the day, breaks, juror questions) during deliberations.

WRAL tends to send out tweets, but does not broadcast during deliberations until the verdict is in.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Skittles For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Skittles Skittles is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
Do they at least put the video up when they start for the day? Is that 9:30 again this AM?
Missed your second question. 9:30 start today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skittles For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012 nursebeeme Michelle Young 1134 03-05-2012 07:25 AM
**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am nursebeeme Michelle Young 734 03-03-2012 11:30 AM
IA - Riggs pleads guilty to second-degree murder UdbCrzy2 Currently Awaiting Trial 0 10-17-2011 01:03 PM
Becker found guilty of First degree murder dr dona Trials 2 09-08-2011 09:14 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!