Forgotten Reports about Long Island Human Remains Found

It's very popular around this area for some reason...

SOURCE: Beheaded corpse found: [CITY Edition]
DeStefano, Anthony. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 25 Nov 2005: A22.

The body of a young man, whose severed head was placed in macabre fashion next to his corpse, was found in a wooded area of Staten Island yesterday, police said.

Investigators said they had no identification yet for the body, found opposite 835 Forest Hill Rd. in the New Springville section. The clothed body, seemingly that of a white male about 27 years old, had suffered so much decomposition that identification would not be made until further forensic study, a police official said.

I propose we do a spreadsheet. Facts Only.

Year/Date Missing
Year/Date Found
Location Last Seen (if Applicable)
Last seen by (who)
Last seen Wearing (what)
Location Found 1
Location Found 2
ID or Case #
Ht
Wt
Ethnicity
Tattoos
Piercings
Scars
Nail Polish
Wigs or Hair Extensions
Personal Belongings
COD (if determined)

Wrapped
Trash bags
Cloth
Sheets
Comforter
Blanket
Plastic

Unwrapped
Clothed and wearing what items
Naked

Anything else come to mind. Any volunteers?

I propose we do a spreadsheet. Facts Only.

Year/Date Missing
Year/Date Found
Location Last Seen (if Applicable)
Last seen by (who)
Last seen Wearing (what)
Location Found 1
Location Found 2
ID or Case #
Ht
Wt
Tattoos
Piercings
Scars
Nail Polish
Wigs or Hair Extensions
Personal Belongings
COD (if determined)

Wrapped
Trash bags
Cloth
Sheets
Comforter
Blanket
Plastic

Unwrapped
Clothed and wearing what items
Naked

Anything else come to mind. Any volunteers?

Excellent idea. You have no idea how many cases I did not include because they were either immediately solved (with arrests) and/or they were elderly people who the police assumed simply wandered off and dropped dead.

If we could see it laid out and have a way to find/locate commonalities...say more than 60%... It might make it more clear if there is actually a SK, more than one SK or random murders, deaths, etc.

As to why so many heads: If they are found in the water or washed up then it is likely the head detached from the body while in the water.

Disposing in the water seems very different than leaving the bodies on or in the ground.

After reading about Evan Marshall, 31 in 2006, of Glen Cove, I read everything I could about him. I don't know where he was in the summer of 2000 but it is very likely that he came home to NY. He did an undergraduate degree in Arizona State/Tempi (1994-1997 grad) and returned to NY (Hofstra/Hempstead) for a Master's Degree (2004).

In August 2003, records show, Marshall was involved in a traffic accident in Phoenix. At the time of the accident, according to Philip Stanfield, an attorney involved in the case, Marshall said he was driving back to California to attend Western State University College of Law, in Fullerton, Calif. Officials at the law school declined to say whether Marshall had been a student there." http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...news-headlines.

JT disappeared between the 18th and the 21st of July 2003. Her body was discovered on July 26th, 2003.

Marshall could be the Manorville Butcher.

Denice Fox, his neighbor, was murdered on August 16 or 17th, 2006

He was arrested for the murder of his neighbor after they found her head in his car trunk. Her body was cut in parts and stuffed in two of her own trashcans and the cans were dragged to his home and put in the basement. Obviously, he carried her head around with him and perhaps he had planned to dump it somewhere separate from the rest of her body.

My head is spinning.

I just learned that there are over FOUR HUNDRED unsolved homicide cases on Long Island!!!!

SOURCE: NEW TECHNOLOGY UNSOLVED MURDERS, Holding hope by a strand, Families with loved ones slain years - in some cases decades - ago hope that DNA analysis can help bring closure to cold cases: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
CHRISTINE ARMARIO. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 24 Sep 2006: A04.
Imo, 400 unsolved homicides, while importantly huge for the victims loved ones, isn't huge in the sense of percentages. Esp considering that, per NY criminal justice stats, NY sees close to 1K murders a year, the majority occurring in the NYC region ( link ) So, looking at just the past 10 years, you're looking at 400 out of 10K murders, or approx ~4% unsolved murders. Now compare that with national stats of approx ~35% unsolved murders. ( link )

It's rather bleak, all things considered. Esp considering that violent crime seems to be on the incline, and solving said crimes seems to be on the decline. And that's with all the new high-tech (i.e., dna, microbiology, computer forensics, etc).

My head is spinning too. I don't know WHAT to think. Were a lot of these just thought to be maffia hits, a maffia dumping ground, and never investigated? Was there any followup on these?

Someone shows up with no hands, no feet and no face.....but with a torso that is pretty well in tac. Usually means a certain nationality's subculture organized crime....what nationality I will not say.

What I will say is that Italians victims usually are not found.

After reading about Evan Marshall, 31 in 2006, of Glen Cove, I read everything I could about him. I don't know where he was in the summer of 2000 but it is very likely that he came home to NY. He did an undergraduate degree in Arizona State/Tempi (1994-1997 grad) and returned to NY (Hofstra/Hempstead) for a Master's Degree (2004).

In August 2003, records show, Marshall was involved in a traffic accident in Phoenix. At the time of the accident, according to Philip Stanfield, an attorney involved in the case, Marshall said he was driving back to California to attend Western State University College of Law, in Fullerton, Calif. Officials at the law school declined to say whether Marshall had been a student there." http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...news-headlines.

JT disappeared between the 18th and the 21st of July 2003. Her body was discovered on July 26th, 2003.

Marshall could be the Manorville Butcher.

Denice Fox, his neighbor, was murdered on August 16 or 17th, 2006

He was arrested for the murder of his neighbor after they found her head in his car trunk. Her body was cut in parts and stuffed in two of her own trashcans and the cans were dragged to his home and put in the basement. Obviously, he carried her head around with him and perhaps he had planned to dump it somewhere separate from the rest of her body.

That is huge additional info. Thank you so much. I am going to start looking for any clues that tie Marshall to Captree state park/boat basin, the Oak Beach Inn, the surfing hobby or Jones Beach/Jones Beach Theater.

Body with 'very long fingers' found on Plum Island, near disease lab
AP
Last Updated: 5:31 PM, January 15, 2010
Posted: 1:55 PM, January 15, 2010

PLUM ISLAND, N.Y. -- A human body has washed ashore on New York’s tiny Plum Island, where a U.S. government lab studies dangerous animal diseases.
Police say a security guard discovered the clothed body Thursday afternoon on the island’s southwest beach area where access is restricted.
Police on Long Island said an autopsy determined the partially decomposed body was that of a black male about 6 feet tall with a large build and very long fingers. They said there were no obvious signs of trauma and no immediate cause of death.
Plum Island is about 100 miles northeast of New York City in the Long Island Sound. It has been called a potential target for terrorists because of its stock of vaccines and diseases, such as African swine fever.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._disease_Iv5J57bvkx1N7ucT1d6PMM#ixzz1oJENbSRj

From namus:
Two 2"scalp scars: right temporal and right posterior parietal, 1/4" skin tag left lower back at waist line
Upper jaw present
Upper jaw had no teeth during life
Lower jaw present
Lower jaw had no teeth during life
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6618

This man had no teeth! Neurosurgery and had been taking Dilantin and Phenobarbital. But WTF WTF WTF Really Long Fingers?

Evan Marshall...within hours of his release he spent $280 on cocaine

(9) While EVAN MARSHALL was living at the SLS Residential Facility, he made a “to do” list which he also kept in his room at the SLS Residential Facility which list contained notes of his “plans.” One such note read “Two months to go. Don’t Give Up. Talk to a guy. Be careful. Don’t get caught. Move into another rehab program. Kill a girl. Do cocaine off her corpse. Do more cocaine. Do more cocaine. Do more cocaine. Next time I do cocaine, I will kill a girl.”

http://www.nylj.com/nylawyer/adgifs/decisions/091609winslow.pdf

Sometimes I feel like the SK is a cocaine dealer

They are calling this area an "Oak Beach Field" north of Ocean Parkway. Looking at a map, it's within a hundred feet of where the GB4 were found!

SOURCE: Body Found in Oak Beach Field: [HOME Edition]
Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 23 Jan 1987: 37.

I am still searching for his identity.

is this a joke?

Body with 'very long fingers' found on Plum Island, near disease lab
AP
Last Updated: 5:31 PM, January 15, 2010
Posted: 1:55 PM, January 15, 2010

PLUM ISLAND, N.Y. -- A human body has washed ashore on New York’s tiny Plum Island, where a U.S. government lab studies dangerous animal diseases.
Police say a security guard discovered the clothed body Thursday afternoon on the island’s southwest beach area where access is restricted.
Police on Long Island said an autopsy determined the partially decomposed body was that of a black male about 6 feet tall with a large build and very long fingers. They said there were no obvious signs of trauma and no immediate cause of death.
Plum Island is about 100 miles northeast of New York City in the Long Island Sound. It has been called a potential target for terrorists because of its stock of vaccines and diseases, such as African swine fever.

U
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._disease_Iv5J57bvkx1N7ucT1d6PMM#ixzz1oJENbSRj

From namus:
Two 2"scalp scars: right temporal and right posterior parietal, 1/4" skin tag left lower back at waist line
Upper jaw present
Upper jaw had no teeth during life
Lower jaw present
Lower jaw had no teeth during life
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/6618

This man had no teeth! Neurosurgery and had been taking Dilantin and Phenobarbital. But WTF WTF WTF Really Long Fingers?
Does that mean he never had teeth or he didn't have teeth at the time of his death? It may be worded that way meaning he didn't lose his teeth due to a violent death.

Evan Marshall...within hours of his release he spent $280 on cocaine

(9) While EVAN MARSHALL was living at the SLS Residential Facility, he made a “to do” list which he also kept in his room at the SLS Residential Facility which list contained notes of his “plans.” One such note read “Two months to go. Don’t Give Up. Talk to a guy. Be careful. Don’t get caught. Move into another rehab program. Kill a girl. Do cocaine off her corpse. Do more cocaine. Do more cocaine. Do more cocaine. Next time I do cocaine, I will kill a girl.”

http://www.nylj.com/nylawyer/adgifs/decisions/091609winslow.pdf

Sometimes I feel like the SK is a cocaine dealer

If you don't want to open a .pdf, here is a Quick View cache link. The details of EM's writings and drawings are staggeringly detailed and equally as horrible.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...agLQZZ&sig=AHIEtbSF-RMXDx2wxYtiV6BZZNggFFT0IQ

VERY SUSPICIOUS...

SOURCE: BODY FOUND OFF SOUTHERN PARKWAY
Mason, Bill. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 12 July 2008.

For the second time in two weeks, a body was found dumped on the side of the Southern State Parkway in the North Merrick area, police said. A "laundry-type bag" containing a badly decomposed body was found Wednesday night on the shoulder of the parkway west of Merrick Avenue, State Police said. That was about a mile from a parkway ramp in Bellmore where a suitcase was found June 27 that contained the dismembered body of a Brooklyn woman. Investigators have not identified the latest victim, but suspect it is a woman who may have been dead for more than three weeks. The two homicides do not appear to be related, police said. The dismembered body found two weeks ago was identified as Tanya Rush, 39, of East New York. There have been no arrests in that case. Anyone with information concerning either case is asked to call 631-756-3390.

Think I read this in the past. These two stick out for me.
I am going back to thinking of someone that is in both the city and the Island. I am starting to believe the item that holds or wraps the body is a matter of convenience. Burlap, Garbage Bags, Blankets, Laundry bags, Suitcases...These are the ones I'm recalling.

Beach House: Burlap,Bags,Blankets.
City House: Laundry Bags, Suitcases

That is huge additional info. Thank you so much. I am going to start looking for any clues that tie Marshall to Captree state park/boat basin, the Oak Beach Inn, the surfing hobby or Jones Beach/Jones Beach Theater.

Here are a few of the locations listed for EM, now 36 years old.
Glen Cove, NY
Glen Head, NY
Manhasset, NY
New York, NY
Manhattan, NY
Scottsdale, AZ
Paradise Valley, AZ
Fullerton, CA

Here are locations listed for what appears to be his father, who also had a last name change or so it seems:
San Fransisco, CA
Newport Beach, CA
Palm Desert, CA
Scottsdale, AZ
Carefree, AZ
Phoenix, AZ
Paradise Valley, AZ
Glen Cove, NY
Bardonia, NY
Nanuet, NY
Port Washington, NY
Whitehouse Station, NJ

For locations re: EM's mother who appears to have had the same AKA, name change from an Italian name to Marshall, name change as the father had:
Glen Cove, NY
Manhasset, NY
Rochester, NY

There may be a relative, possibly sister, with these locations:
Petaluma, CA
San Rafael, CA
Glen Cove, NY
Manhasset, NY

Something to start with, HTH.

Does that mean he never had teeth or he didn't have teeth at the time of his death? It may be worded that way meaning he didn't lose his teeth due to a violent death.

Yes he probably was born with teeth lol. But it appears some of the male victims lost or had severe dental issues before their murder. And the manorville middle aged man with severe scoliosis and a pole in his back...probably not a male prostitute...who could he be?

Who has lived in Oak Beach since 1987? Can anyone find anything about this murder?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back