MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #4 - *D. Lane guilty*

Thanks, michmi. So many possibilities on who it could be. :( Does the unseasonably warm weather have anything to do with bodies coming to the surface, I wonder?

I don't know--I guess it would also depend on how long someone was there--I'm still not sure if maybe this is a more recent missing person, possibly that painter who fell off the bridge (in January? I can't remember) or Bianca. I'm going to watch the 11 p.m. news to see if maybe they have some more info.

Well, if it is the painter, at least his family will have him back finally.

Okay, very puzzling, based on the clothing, they do not believe it was the man painting the bridge, body had been in water "for some time" according to Channel 4.

Okay, very puzzling, based on the clothing, they do not believe it was the man painting the bridge, body had been in water "for some time" according to Channel 4.

Just saw the same reported on Channel 7.

Doesn't sound like it's the recently-missing Brooklyn man - Mike Treder - who attended a science fair at Cobo Hall last week and hasn't been heard from since. See thread on this board for more details.

I think of her often too. I pray she is found. It makes me sick her own father would just toss her away like trash. May he rot in hell for doing so.

D'andre will face justice twice. Once in this life and again in the next. Nothing he faces in this life will compare to the next.

We haven't forgotten you, Bianca. Still praying you are found so you can have the proper burial you deserve.

:praying:

I guess TJ has ceased his PR campaign for his client. I'm not finding any new MSM.

I wonder when TJ will have access to the boxes and boxes of evidence he was so eager to see.

Anyone know when DL's next court hearing is?

I pray this goes to trial quickly. I hope this isn't one of those cases that takes years to go to trial.

I guess TJ has ceased his PR campaign for his client. I'm not finding any new MSM.

I wonder when TJ will have access to the boxes and boxes of evidence he was so eager to see.

Anyone know when DL's next court hearing is?

I pray this goes to trial quickly. I hope this isn't one of those cases that takes years to go to trial.

Preliminary exam set for April 17th. From this article:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ath/-/1719418/9319188/-/10tp5g2z/-/index.html

ETA: I haven't seen anything new in MSM either.

:candle:

I've had to make quite a few trips to the city the last few weeks. Each time I go down there I cant help but look at every abandon building, burned out home, over grown field or any other obscure area wondering where this poor baby is ....

:(

I do hope she is brought home soon where she belongs.....

~

I've had to make quite a few trips to the city the last few weeks. Each time I go down there I cant help but look at every abandon building, burned out home, over grown field or any other obscure area wondering where this poor baby is ....

:(

~

Respectfully snipped. ...and then the realization hits the one person with the answers to Bianca's location isn't talking. The realization hits that hundreds of volunteers who are complete strangers went out searching those abandoned buildings, burnt out homes, over grown fields, obscure buildings and complete strangers care more about this little girl than one of two people who are supposed to love her more than anyone else.

D'Andre will reap what he has sown.

Bianca is in Jesus arms, safe from the evils of this world.

I still do pray she is found and able to receive a proper burial.

I even hope by a stranger before her dna contributor has the opportunity to make a deal. :furious:

April 3, 2012 at 1:02 am

Murder charges possible without body

Getting convictions in such cases is more difficult, but not impossible, legal experts say

By Mike Martindale
The Detroit News

Michigan assistant attorney general Donna Pendergast has won two cases without a victim’s body, resulting in prison terms for five defendants. “It is not insurmountable,” she says. (David Guralnick / The Detroit News)

The filing of murder charges last month against the father of 2-year-old Bianca Jones raised eyebrows and questions: Since the Detroit toddler is still missing, how can D'Andre Lane be prosecuted in her death?

"(Prosecutors) are making the assumption that Mr. Lane's daughter is dead," Terry L. Johnson, the attorney for Bianca's father, said when Lane was arraigned March 15. "But there's no body, or even parts of a body. We still believe she's somewhere ... kidnapped or abducted."

Legal experts say in a murder case, the lack of a body makes gaining a conviction more difficult, but not impossible. They say prosecutors have won guilty verdicts in hundreds of similar cases nationwide, including several convictions in the past two decades in Michigan...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120403/METRO/204030370#ixzz1qzNJreGp

"Even taking into account 35 dismissals, acquittals or reversals on appeal, as of this January, there was a 90 percent conviction rate in no-body trials," he said.

A 90% conviction rate in no-body trials. D'Andre should think long and hard about that.

We haven't forgotten you Bianca.

Justice is coming! :candle: :jail:

Just wanted to share that I am thinking of and continue to check in on Princess Bianca all the time :rose:

Thoughts of you on Easter Sunday, dearest little Bianca. You would have looked pretty as a picture in a lovely dress and beautiful bonnet :rose:

Thoughts of you on Easter Sunday, dearest little Bianca. You would have looked pretty as a picture in a lovely dress and beautiful bonnet :rose:

Pink.. with pink ribbons in her hair as well

<sighs> thinking of her as well BDE..

pat

Pink.. with pink ribbons in her hair as well

<sighs> thinking of her as well BDE..

pat

My thoughts are with you as well poor sweet baby ......

~

Counting the days until D'Andre Lane appears in court - April 17. Justice is coming...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back