Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Bullying

Notices

Bullying Using intimidation to make someone do what you want, or to ruin someone's reputation by lying and deceipt - two examples of the cruelty of bullying.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Bullying and Terrorism

Bullying and Terrorism
http://www.bullyonline.org/successun...ive/terror.htm

There's not much difference between bullies and terrorists. Terrorists attempt to kill as many people as quickly and as publicly as possible, bullies kill their victims slowly, one by one. The end result is the same ... businesses wrecked, livelihoods destroyed, lives lost, families ripped apart.

The dreadful events of Tuesday 11 September 2001 gave rise to inspirational acts of courage and heroism, followed by calls of restraint by those who had lost loved ones. Such human acts distinguish good people from the evil of those who promote terror. But whilst the terrorists have basked in the glow of America's outrage, one thing bullies and terrorists cannot handle is humor, especially in the form of satire, invective and ridicule.

This web page brings together some of the best responses to terrorism, showing the irrepressible, indomitable human spirit and the reason why terrorists will never win.

I don't see how a bully is any different from a terrorist. They like to terrorize their victims. Of course a terrorist kills many people and causes unimaginable carnage like 9/11. In the end, bullies and terrorists are no different from a psychological standpoint.

Last edited by HMSHood; 11-22-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM

bullies, terrorists and criminals

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
Bullying and Terrorism
http://www.bullyonline.org/successun...ive/terror.htm

There's not much difference between bullies and terrorists. Terrorists attempt to kill as many people as quickly and as publicly as possible, bullies kill their victims slowly, one by one. The end result is the same ... businesses wrecked, livelihoods destroyed, lives lost, families ripped apart.

The dreadful events of Tuesday 11 September 2001 gave rise to inspirational acts of courage and heroism, followed by calls of restraint by those who had lost loved ones. Such human acts distinguish good people from the evil of those who promote terror. But whilst the terrorists have basked in the glow of America's outrage, one thing bullies and terrorists cannot handle is humor, especially in the form of satire, invective and ridicule.

This web page brings together some of the best responses to terrorism, showing the irrepressible, indomitable human spirit and the reason why terrorists will never win.

I don't see how a bully is any different from a terrorist. They like to terrorize their victims. Of course a terrorist kills many people and causes unimaginable carnage like 9/11. In the end, bullies and terrorists are no different from a psychological standpoint.
I certainly agree that terrorists use the same strategies and tactics as major subtypes of bullies – i.e., using lies & deception and force & violence as a means of getting what they want and avoiding what they do not want. The same could be said for criminals – i.e., terrorists use the same strategies and tactics as major subtypes of criminals (domestic violence, strong armed robbery, breaking and entering, murder, rape, etc.). Additionally, terrorists, bullies and criminals can all be profiled into several functional categories based on their motive, methods and their risk and opportunity management, including their values and value judgments. The common elements for profiling these three similar “maladaptive types” is their basic human nature.

Russell
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot4u2no View Post
I certainly agree that terrorists use the same strategies and tactics as major subtypes of bullies – i.e., using lies & deception and force & violence as a means of getting what they want and avoiding what they do not want. The same could be said for criminals – i.e., terrorists use the same strategies and tactics as major subtypes of criminals (domestic violence, strong armed robbery, breaking and entering, murder, rape, etc.). Additionally, terrorists, bullies and criminals can all be profiled into several functional categories based on their motive, methods and their risk and opportunity management, including their values and value judgments. The common elements for profiling these three similar “maladaptive types” is their basic human nature.

Russell
Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Kim Il-Sung, Mao Zedong, Saddam Hussein, Saddam Hussein, and Hugo Chavez used the same tactics as bullies and terrorists.

HMS Hood
Mighty Hood
Pennant Number: 51
Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post: