Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Kyron Horman

Notices

Kyron Horman Kyron went missing from his school in Oregon. His mother has a civil suit on his step-mother and his father is in the middle of a divorce. WHERE IS KYRON?

Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 AM
WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

Welcome to the new home for Kyron Horman's forum. We will only be using the general discussion thread unless there is breaking news.

We've also left the divorce proceedings thread open.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:35 AM

top of page 12 on the document filed by Engels in the docs: "this release is not intended to apply to any claim Respondent may have against Petitioner related to the pending Criminal Charges against him."

I guess kaine has some criminal charges against him? Humm.. Who knew?

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy101 View Post
top of page 12 on the document filed by Engels in the docs: "this release is not intended to apply to any claim Respondent may have against Petitioner related to the pending Criminal Charges against him."

I'm actually surprised terri's attorneys didn't suggest fabricating some kind of charge before this, since they don't have any good defensive strategy in place. It seems like her attorneys have been getting more confident that evidence won't be found in the Kyron investigation and have been getting bolder. Maybe they've decided that if they could trump up some charges to muddy the custody waters, they might create enough confusion for Terri to have a chance at visitation. This isn't uncommon in custody cases.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami View Post
I'm actually surprised terri's attorneys didn't suggest fabricating some kind of charge before this, since they don't have any good defensive strategy in place. It seems like her attorneys have been getting more confident that evidence won't be found in the Kyron investigation and have been getting bolder. Maybe they've decided that if they could trump up some charges to muddy the custody waters, they might create enough confusion for Terri to have a chance at visitation. This isn't uncommon in custody cases.
So, I guess this conversation has taken place between Kaine and Terris lawyers already, since Kaines lawyer is aware of "pending criminal chargeS" and Terris lawyer signed off on it...

Why even bother writing the statement anyway? It is Terri signing off that she won't sue Kaine? What the heck does it even mean?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
So, I guess this conversation has taken place between Kaine and Terris lawyers already, since Kaines lawyer is aware of "pending criminal chargeS" and Terris lawyer signed off on it...

Why even bother writing the statement anyway? It is Terri signing off that she won't sue Kaine? What the heck does it even mean?
I have no idea! I wonder if gitana will be around to lend her legal insight to this?

As far as charges, my guess is it must be terri alleging defamation or alienation or something? Kaine has been working so closely with LE it's not going to be something like drugs or abuse or whatever the normal custody allegations tend to be.

I also noticed it said that Terri didn't submit a single record in the divorce, so they had to impute minimum wage, so it's probably not a financial legal sally.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 08:41 AM

May this be the year that Kyron is found and that there will be justice !

for Kyron !
Old 01-02-2014, 10:51 AM

Link to MSM regarding the divorce.

http://www.kxly.com/news/northwest/d...s/-/index.html

"The Oregonian reports that Terri Horman's lawyer Stephen Houze says the two have settled financial issues. They still need to work out legal custody issues and parenting time for their daughter Kiara, who is now 5."
Old 01-04-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:

I get a "forbidden" message from this link. Is there another?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
I get a "forbidden" message from this link. Is there another?
Try this?

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland...her/horman.pdf
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 07:21 PM

ami, your guess is incorrect. It says criminal charges, not civil charges. If Terri were to bring suit, it would not be a criminal suit. It would appear that Kaine is going to be prosecuted for a legal infraction by law enforcement, as that is the only entity who can bring criminal charges. The coming days will clarify this, I am sure. This appears to have been settled quickly for good reasons. My guess is that LE had a new expert come in and shed some new light on prior erroneous assumptions. Also, because Kaine is the petitioner, this clause was forced by Terri's attorney to be put in there and unlikely to be an erroneous statement because it is addressing Terri's right to possible future action. This would have to be one huge error if missed by both sides and their attorneys. Anything is possible, but I pray this means that Kyron's case has had some sort of major break.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Freja For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2014, 07:56 PM

Just checking in for new developments. I will never stop hoping that Kyron is found. I must believe, one day he will be and justice done.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freja View Post
ami, your guess is incorrect. It says criminal charges, not civil charges. If Terri were to bring suit, it would not be a criminal suit. It would appear that Kaine is going to be prosecuted for a legal infraction by law enforcement, as that is the only entity who can bring criminal charges. The coming days will clarify this, I am sure. This appears to have been settled quickly for good reasons. My guess is that LE had a new expert come in and shed some new light on prior erroneous assumptions. Also, because Kaine is the petitioner, this clause was forced by Terri's attorney to be put in there and unlikely to be an erroneous statement because it is addressing Terri's right to possible future action. This would have to be one huge error if missed by both sides and their attorneys. Anything is possible, but I pray this means that Kyron's case has had some sort of major break.
One way to puzzle this out is to consider what claims TH could make against KH that would result in pending (under investigation, but no indictment formally filed) criminal charges. Here’s a list of potential criminal offenses:
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...l-charges.html

My guess is a claim of domestic violence, which is not unusual in rancorous divorce cases. Maybe possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia. Maybe criminal harassment:
“Generally, criminal harassment entails intentionally targeting someone else with behavior that is meant to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them. Not all petty annoyances constitute harassment. Instead, most state laws require that the behavior cause a credible threat to the person's safety or their family's safety. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...X5VCkObu.dpuf”

IMO, it’s doubtful the pending criminal charges have anything to do with Ky’s disappearance. It’s more likely a “counter charge” brought as leverage for TH in the upcoming custody battle.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shadowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboy View Post
One way to puzzle this out is to consider what claims TH could make against KH that would result in pending (under investigation, but no indictment formally filed) criminal charges. Here’s a list of potential criminal offenses:
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...l-charges.html

My guess is a claim of domestic violence, which is not unusual in rancorous divorce cases. Maybe possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia. Maybe criminal harassment:
“Generally, criminal harassment entails intentionally targeting someone else with behavior that is meant to alarm, annoy, torment or terrorize them. Not all petty annoyances constitute harassment. Instead, most state laws require that the behavior cause a credible threat to the person's safety or their family's safety. - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...bu.dpuf”

IMO, it’s doubtful the pending criminal charges have anything to do with Ky’s disappearance. It’s more likely a “counter charge” brought as leverage for TH in the upcoming custody battle.
That's along the lines of what I'm thinking, too. Okay, if not defamation then some other charge common in the custody-battle bag of tricks.

Whenever I watch documentaries about cases that were solved years later, the ones that always get me are the ones in which investigators know who did it, but until that critical piece of evidence that gives the best chance for conviction is found, their hands are tied. And so the family and LE sits.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freja View Post
As I said, I don't know the specifics of which charges the suit is referring to, but my guess (regardless of what those charges might be) is that they are the standard "go on the offensive" type charges that people tend to use as leverage in custody battles.

At this point Terri has almost no other avenue open to her except honesty/willingness to cooperate (which she has refused) or rolling the dice by remaining uncooperative but banking on the court system to give her some parental rights, and the latter path could be taken more offensively by making allegations against the custodial parent.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 AM
The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.

That baby girl is 5 now! Shows me truly how much time Kyron has been gone. They need to do something different with Terri, go a new route.
I would really, really like Kyron home this year.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2014, 11:02 PM

What can anyone do?
The Following User Says Thank You to human For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 11:45 AM

Just checking for anything new.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-17-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Another hearing is scheduled for Jan. 12.
http://www.kptv.com/story/24338663/d...rgency-hearing

Was there another hearing? (a typo in the date? the 12th was a Sunday)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 12:14 AM

This thread's been open for 16 days and we haven't gotten to page 2...

Where are you, Kyron?
Old 01-18-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosysw View Post
This thread's been open for 16 days and we haven't gotten to page 2...

Where are you, Kyron?
I know this is so very sad ! I hope they have answers soon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReecieV For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 12:31 PM

Copy of the divorce settlement/dissolution

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland...her/horman.pdf

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2014, 04:05 PM

Wow. I'm curious also about what pending criminal charges Kaine has. ??? When I google the term I only see discussion websites - no news media has picked up on that, from what I can tell.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 PM

I'm hopping on to check on Kyron- and I'm so sad to see little developments other than the divorce. Will this child ever be found?
Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 PM

I'm hoping for news on Kyron. Also wonder about criminal charges against Kaine Horman???
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
I'm hoping for news on Kyron. Also wonder about criminal charges against Kaine Horman???
If they were significant, we'd have heard about them imo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post: